Latest Applications Open 2023:
The MH CET 2024 Exam will be conducted through Online Mode. The examination design will contain the examination mode, the number of questions, the marking scheme, and the complete examination model. Maharashtra, State Common Entrance Test Cell, Mumbai administer Maharashtra Common Entrance Test.
This is a state entrance examination whereby admissions will be offered in first-year professional courses in engineering/technology and pharmacy. It also provides the D.Pharm course for five years.
It is also known as MH CET 2024, by which candidates can obtain admission to various engineering and medical establishments in Maharashtra. In this article, candidates can check out the details of the MH CET 2024 Exam Pattern.
MH CET 2024 Exam Pattern Highlights
|Mode of Examination||Online (Computer Based Test)|
|Medium of Examination||English, Marathi, Urdu|
|Number of Papers||3 (Physics/Chemistry, Zoology/Botany and Mathematics)|
|Time Duration of Exam||1 hour and 30 minutes for each paper|
|Question Paper Type||Multiple Choice Questions|
|No. of Questions||100 questions – Paper I and Paper II|
50 questions – Paper III
MH CET Exam Pattern 2024 (Quick View)
|Mode of Examination||Online|
|Number of Papers||Two Papers: Paper I for Mathematics & Paper II for Physics and Chemistry|
|Duration of Examination||90 minutes (1.30 Hours)|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) or Objective Questions|
|Total Number of Questions||50 Questions in each (150 Questions in total)|
|Language||Paper-I will be in English; Paper II will be in English/Marathi/ Urdu|
MH CET 2024 Exam Pattern (Explanation)
In this section, candidates can check the complete exam pattern of MH CET 2024.
- Date of Examination: The Online Exam will be conducted in various exam centers of Maharashtra state.
- Mode: The exam will be conducted through Online mode.
- No. of Papers: There is a total of three papers.
- Total Marks: Each paper will be consisting of 100 marks.
- Type of Question: The question paper will comprise multiple-choice questions.
- Time & Duration of Examination: There will be three papers which is one and a half hours for each paper.
- The Question Paper’s language: The examination medium shall be English or Marathi or Urdu for Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. However, the Mathematics paper shall be in English only. Once exercised about the medium by the candidate, the option shall be irrevocable.
- Choices for Answering Questions: There is no choice but to leave any questions. Candidates have to attempt all questions.
- Marking Scheme: There is no negative marking for the wrong option in a circle.
Syllabus, Weightage, and Pattern of Examination: Syllabify of Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology for the MH CET 2024 is declared by the Director of Technical Education.
- The questions will be based on the Syllabus of the Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education.
- Approximately 20% of weight-age will be given to Std. XI curriculum and 80% weight-age will be given to Std. XII curriculum while setting the question paper.
- There will be no Negative Marking. However, the difficulty level will be on par with the JEE (Main) for Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, and the difficulty level for Biology will be on par with NEET. The questions will be mainly application based.
- MHT-CET will consist of 3 question papers, Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ), Each of which will be 100 marks. Details are as given below:
Marks Distribution of MH CET 2024
|Paper||Subject||Approximate No. of Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) based on||Marks Per Question||Total Marks||Duration in Minutes|
|Std. XI||Std. XII|
|Paper III||Biology (Botany)||10||40||1||100||90|
The question will be set on
A) the Whole syllabus of Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics subjects of Std. XII
B) syllabus of Std. XI, as mentioned below:
Latest Applications For Various UG & PG Courses Open 2023
- Jaipur National University, Jaipur | Admissions Open for All Courses 2023. Apply Now
- Manav Rachna University, Haryana| Admissions Open for All Courses 2023. Apply Now
- IIAD, Delhi | Admissions Open for All Courses 2023. Apply Now
- GNIOT, Greater Noida | Admissions Open for All Courses 2023. Apply Now
- Alliance University, Karnataka | Admissions Open for All Courses 2023. Apply Now
|Subject||Chapters/Units of Std. XI Syllabus|
|Physics||Measurements, Scalars, Vectors, Force, Friction in solids and liquids, Refraction of Light, Ray optics, the Magnetic effect of electric current, and Magnetism.|
|Mathematics||Trigonometric functions, Trigonometric functions of Compound Angles, Factorization Formulae, Straight Lines, Circle and Conics, Sets, Relations and Functions, Probability, Sequences, and series.|
|Section I – Botany||Diversity in organisms, Biochemistry of cell, Plant Water Relations, and Mineral Nutrition, Plant Growth and Development.|
|Section II – Zoology||Organization of Cells, Animal tissues, Human Nutrition, Human Respiration|
MH CET Question paper will comprise three papers
- Physics and Chemistry
- Biology [Botany and Zoology]
Paper 1 consists of 100 questions, and each question carries one mark. The duration allotted for paper 1 is 90 minutes. This paper consists of 100 questions, 50 from zoology and 50 from botany, and each question carries one mark.
The duration allotted for paper 2 is 90 minutes. Paper 3 consists of 50 questions, and each question carries one mark. The duration granted for paper 3 is 90 minutes.
If you have any queries related to MH CET 2024 Exam Pattern, you can ask your query in the comments section below.