Latest Applications Open 2023:
NEST 2023 Cut-Off/Merit List Released has been released after Result Declaration. Cut Off for NISER, Bhubaneswar, and & UM-DAE CEBS, Mumbai will be released after the exam, followed by the release of the result. This is a mandatory test to obtain admission to the integrated 5-year Master’s programs offered by NISER, Bhubaneswar, and UM-DAE CEBS, Mumbai.
This article has updated complete information about NEST 2023 Cut Off.
This Course is Available in Basic Sciences: Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Physics. This article has updated all information about NEST 2023 Cut Off.
NEST 2023 Cut Off – Released
|Section-wise Minimum Admissible Score (SMAS)|
|Subject||General/ General-EWS||OBC-NCL||SC/ ST/ Divyangjan/ JK|
Minimum Admissible Percentile (MAP) for merit-list
|General / General-EWS||>=90|
NEST 2023 Cut Off
The cut is the qualification candidates must get on the exam to be eligible for admission. It will be published after the announcement of the result. The merit list will be prepared based on the NEST 2023 cut marks.
The institution will publish the list of sections and sage beaches for the exam. NEST 2023 Results will be Declared in June 2023. NEST 2023 Counseling started in July 2023.
Latest Applications For Various UG & PG Courses Open 2023
- Jaipur National University, Jaipur | Admissions Open for All Courses 2023. Apply Now
- Manav Rachna University, Haryana| Admissions Open for All Courses 2023. Apply Now
- IIAD, Delhi | Admissions Open for All Courses 2023. Apply Now
- GNIOT, Greater Noida | Admissions Open for All Courses 2023. Apply Now
- Alliance University, Karnataka | Admissions Open for All Courses 2023. Apply Now
Section Wise & Total Cut-Off Marks:
NEST Cut-Off 2023 Marks (total & section-wise) will be determined by the following process:
- In the general section, the total score of each student will be the direct sum of their score & their best three scores in the subject sections.
Section-Wise Minimum Admissible Score (SMAS)
- For each section, 20% of the average of the 100 best scores in this section will be considered the minimum eligible average score (SMAS).
- This means that if the average of the 100 best results in chemistry is 40 out of 50, then SMAS for this section will be 40 x 0.20 = 8 points. This process is similar to the other section as well.
- Applicants must obtain a GMSMAS equal to or greater than a particular SMAS in the General section and at least three thematic sections. Then, these topics sections will be counted in calculating the list of merits. If the candidate obtains a SMAS score in the four sections, the three top scores will be counted.
- In one case, if candidates do not reach SMAS in the general section or at least three sections, they will not receive merit and will not be eligible for admission.
Minimum Admissible Score (MAS)
- To get a merit rank, candidates should score equal to or above a total Minimum Admissible Score (MAS).
- Candidates who secure less than 90 (MAS) in total will not be allotted any merit rank & will not be eligible for admission, even after they will secure SMAS in all sections.
- Candidates who score equal to or more than MAS but not secure SMAS in the general section or at least three subject sections will be allotted any merit rank. To get a merit rank, it is compulsory to fulfil both MAS & SMAS conditions.
Previous year Qualifying Cut-Off Score
Here, candidates can check the previous year’s qualifying cut-off score according to the categories:
|Category||NISER Bhubaneswar Cut Off||CEBS Mumbai Cut Off
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||150||50|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||30||15|
|PD (part of other categories)||3||10|
|JK (Jammu & Kashmir)||2||5|
The categorizations of seats at the NISER & CBS Institutions for admission in the year 2023 are given here:
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||46||12|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||26||7|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||13||3|
|PD (part of other categories)||5||1|
NEST Counseling 2023 will be conducted separately by the two participating institutions. Institutions may restrict the number of students; students are encouraged to enter within a reasonable limit.
Achieving merit by satisfying the SMAS and MAS criteria does not automatically allow a candidate to be called for the counselling/admission procedure.
The Committee reserves the right to relax any limits defined in the explanatory circumstances.
If you have any other doubts about NEST 2023 Cut Off, you can ask your query below in the comment box.