NEST Exam Date
The (National Entrance Screening Test) or NEST is a compulsory test for admission to the 5-year Integrated MSc programme in basic sciences – Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics – at National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER), Bhubaneswar and University of Mumbai – Department of Atomic Energy Center for Excellence in Basic Sciences (UM-DAE CBS), Mumbai. Both NISER and CBS are autonomous institutions established by Department of Atomic Energy (DAE), Government of India, in 2007.
The NEST Exam (National Entrance Screening Test) has the vital significance when it come s to making a career amongst the students. This exam aims to taking admission in the 5-year MSc program in the field of basic sciences including Biology, Chemistry, Physics, and Mathematics by National Institute of Science Education and Research, Bhubaneshwar and Mumbai University. The exam is believed to be held in the month of May, 2018.
The online registration is scheduled to start from January 02, 2018. Candidates are required to fill the application form on the official site of NEST 2018. The application fee for General/OBC candidates is INR 700/- while the fee for SC/ST category is INR 350/-. Online registration window will close in the first week of March – 2018.
NEST Exam Date
Following are the official dates are given below:
|Online Application Starts from||1st week of January 2018|
|Last date to apply||1st week of March 2018|
|Admit card availability||2nd week of April 2018|
|Exam date||4th week of May 2018|
|Result Declaration||3rd week of June 2018|
Candidates must reach the examination venue at least half an hour (30 minutes) before the start of the examination.Important things to remember for applicants during exam
- Candidates will not be allowed to enter the examination hall half an hour (30 minutes) after the start of the examination, i.e. 10:30 am.
- Candidates will be allowed to leave the examination hall only after one hour from the start of the examination, i.e. 11:00 am.
- Candidates leaving the examination hall after 12 noon will be allowed to carry the question paper.
- Use of log tables and calculators in the examination hall are not allowed.
- Candidates must bring their own pen, pencil, eraser and other stationeries.
- Candidates MUST bring their Admit Card and Identity Card to the examination hall.
- Mobile phone and other electronic gadgets are not allowed inside the examination hall.
NEST Exam Centres
NEST 2018 will be conducted at 60 centres across the country in more than 100 venues. Candidates have to mention their choice of NEST Exam centre in order of their preference while filling up of NEST 2018 Application Form. Every candidate is allowed to select 2 centres at the time of filling the application form.
They can also pick 2 centres from the same city, such as Delhi-East and Delhi-North. The exam conducting authority would allocate the NEST 2018 Exam Center as per the choice of the candidate.
NEST Exam pattern
NEST 2018 will be conducted in pen and paper based mode. There are 5 sections in total in NEST Exam – one General section compulsory for all the candidates and 4 subject sections namely Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology. All the questions will be in Multiple Choice Questions format.The syllabus for NEST 2018 is based on the syllabus of Class XI and XII as prescribed by CBSE.
Candidates can check below the important highlights of NEST Exam Pattern.
|Mode of paper||Offline (Pen and Paper based test)|
|No. of sections||5|
|Type of questions||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)|
|Subjects||General, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology|
|Section wise marking scheme||Section 1 – 30 marks; Section 2 to 5 – 50 Marks each|
|Negative marking||For specific questions in Subject Sections|
|Medium of question paper||English|
Scores secured in the best 3 subjects along with the score in the general section is considered for evaluation and merit list preparation although candidates can attempt all the 4 subject sections. The questions are aimed at comprehending candidates’ grasp of the subjects and their analytic abilities.
The official exam date for NEST 2018 has been announced for the students who are going to appear in the exam 2018. NEST is the test that is considered to be important for the aspirants to apply for admission in M. Sc. Program. It is necessary to mention that there are total 172 seats reserved in the National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER).
It is necessary for the students to know of the exact date of the exam so they are going to have an ample time to prepare for the exam and give a definite time to each syllabus. It is advisable for the students to be done with their registration process that has been decided from the first week in the month of January 2018. For further information regarding the important dates of the exam can be known by the table given below.
The process of checking the NEST Exam result
- Go to official website of National Entrance Screening Test (NEST), nextexam.in.
- Reaching the home page of the official website, the students must click on the link NEST Exam 2018 result
- After you have completed the above procedures, you are required to enter the necessary information including which is roll no of the student.
- Moving to further step, aspirants must click on the Submit
- Then the next step, will be to check the result and then download it
- It is important to keep the print of the NEST 2018 result and it is also required to have it safe for future use.
- The NEST Exam result is going to be announced on the official website of National Entrance Screening Test(NEST). But it is important to note down that the aspirants can go through the details of the result after 12.00.
The NEST exam will be held in May 2018. For having the complete details of schedule, you see below:-