Latest Applications Open 2023:
TNEA 2023 3rd Round Seat Allotment has been Released on 25th August 2023. Choice Filling has been Started on 9th August 2023. Provisional Allotment has been Released on 2nd August 2023. Certificate verification at TFC (Online) Started on 5 June 2023. The online Application Form can be filled out by 4th June 2023. Anna University conducts Tamil Nadu Engineering Admission. This is a state-level admission exam and is conducted every year. All the willing candidates have to fill out the application form to be able to get admission.
The candidates will get admission to UG Engineering courses like B.E/B. Tech degree courses. The candidates will be admitted to various government, private and government-aided colleges and universities affiliated with Anna University.
The admission will be based on the 12th-class scores of the candidates. The application form for this exam will be released online. And all the other information about this exam is given in this article.
TNEA 2023 Notification – Counselling Started
TNEA 2023 Quick Links
TNEA 2023 Important Dates
Dates hold a lot of importance for every candidate. Each candidate will have to keep in mind the dates and events of the exam. Nothing will be entertained once the dates of a particular event pass. So, make sure you keep track of them. The TNEA 023 dates are given below.
|TNEA 2023 Notification||5th May 2023|
|Application Form availability||5th May 2023|
|Last date to apply||4th June 2023|
|Last date to submit an application||9th June 2023|
|Random numbers allotment||6th June 2023|
|Certificates verification at TFC’s (Online)||5th – 20th June 2023|
|Release of the Rank list/ Merit list||26th June 2023|
|Counselling starts from||2nd July 2023|
|Counselling for Special Reservation categories||2nd – 5th July 2023|
|Commencement of Counselling Academic – Online|
Vocational – Online
|7th July – 24th August 2023|
|Supplementary Counselling (Online)||28th – 30th August 2023|
|SCA to SC counselling (Online)||1st – 3rd September 2023|
|End of Counselling||3rd September 2023|
TNEA 2023 Application Form
The application form is the first step every candidate must take to qualify for this exam. You must complete the application form if you are willing to appear for this exam. The TNEA 2023 application form will be released on the official website.
Latest Applications For Various UG & PG Courses Open 2023
- Jaipur National University, Jaipur | Admissions Open for All Courses 2023. Apply Now
- Manav Rachna University, Haryana| Admissions Open for All Courses 2023. Apply Now
- IIAD, Delhi | Admissions Open for All Courses 2023. Apply Now
- GNIOT, Greater Noida | Admissions Open for All Courses 2023. Apply Now
- Alliance University, Karnataka | Admissions Open for All Courses 2023. Apply Now
All the information in the form should be filled in correctly without any mistakes. If any candidate does not fill out the application form, then they will not be allowed to give the exam. All the other details related to the application form are given below.
- The TNEA 2023 application forms will be released on the official website only.
- The start date to submit the application form for TNEA 2023 will be from 3rd week of June 2023.
- The last date to submit the application form for TNEA 2023 will be from 3rd week of July 2023.
- No candidates should make any mistakes in the application form because the form is an important document, and the exam authority can cancel it because of any mistake.
- Information like your Name, Date of birth, et,c is essential and should be filed carefully without making any mistakes. Because this information will be mentioned on your admit card.
- Your registration number, User ID, and Password will allow you to access the official website. And you should note them down after filling them in the application form.
- One candidate needs to fill out only one application form on the website. No candidate is allowed to fill out more than one application form.
- All the Applicants will have to upload all the documents that are asked for online, which should be in the format instructed.
- Every instruction that is given in the application form is essential. That is why no candidate should miss out on the instructions and follow them.
- After filling out the application form, please print it out because it can be needed beforehand.
Steps to fill out the application form
Step 1: Go to the TNEA 2023 website.
Step 2: Select “Click here for New Registration” from the menu.
Step 3: Enter all the necessary information, like your email address, phone number, and password.
Step 4: The candidate must enter their login information, and then a new page will load.
Step 5: Fill out all the fields in the form, including your name, email address, phone number, etc.
Step 6: Next step is to pay for the application form.
Step 7: Select the option of “Save and Continue”.
Step 8: Complete the application and submit I; after that,t you will receive a PDF. You can download it for further use.
TNEA 2023 Application Fee
The application fee is the second step after the application form. The candidates filling out the application form must also pay the application fee. It is mandatory to pay the application fee. Candidates who do not pay the application fee,e will not be allowed to give the exam. The application fee will be paid online mode only. There are various fee payment modes, like debit cards, credit cards, and Net Banking. The application fee for TNEA 2023 is given below.
- For General candidates: Rs.500/-.
- For SC/ST/SCA candidates: Rs.250/-.
TNEA 2023 Application Form Correction
The application form for TNEA 2023 exam will be released on the online portal. The candidates who need to edit their application form can do so by visiting the online website only. The correction facilities will be provided to the candidates.
Steps to edit the TNEA 2023 application form
- Visit the online TNEA website.
- Now select the update application option.
- Select the new update button.
- Under the additional information section, select the type of information you will edit on the drop-down menu.
- Then in the text field, fill the information you would like to edit.
TNEA 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Eligibility Criteria refers to the qualifications of the exam. The exam authority sets this. Every candidate appearing for this exam will have to follow this criterion. It is mandatory for every candidate.
Candidates do not follow the eligibility criteria; they will not be allowed to give the examination. You must go through every point in the criterion. The TNEA 2023 eligibility criteria are given below.
General Eligibility for every candidate
- Candidates from Central Government Employees/ Public Sector can apply for admission only if their parents or guardians have servederved in Tamil Nadu for the past five years at the time of application submission action.
- Candidates who are Sri Lankan Tamil Refugees who studied in Tamil Nadu are also eligible for the exam. But they have to show the following certificates of Identification certificate from the Head Quarters Tehsildar.
- No candidate needs to show Nativity Certificate if they have passed 8th to 10th class from Tamil Nadu state.
- Candidates who have passed 8th to 12th class or equivalent exams outside Tamil Nadu state must show an Original Nativity Certificate in electronic form/ digitally signed e-certificate.
- The candidates who have not registered in the refugee camp should show their original passport, visa, and letter registered from the Police Station.
- Candidates must pass 11th and 12th standards or qualify for an equivalent exam from any recognized board.
- The candidates must qualify for the exam with these compulsory subjects- Chemistry, Maths, and Physics.
For Marine Engineering Branch
- Qualification: Candidates must pass the 12th class or an equivalent examination.
- Subject: Candidate must pass with subjects – Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and English.
- Marks: Candidates must score at least 60% marks in PCM and a minimum of 50% in English subjects.
- Age: The maximum age to apply for the exam is 25 years.
Minimum marks to be scored by candidates of different categories
|Category for the candidates||Minimum Marks (12thclass)|
|Backward class, including Backward class Muslim||40%|
|MBC and DNC||40%|
|SC/ ST/ SCA||40%|
TNEA 2023 Exam Pattern
Exam pattern is essential for every candidate appearing in the exam. Exam pattern contains all the vital information like exam duration, type of questions, and much more. While preparing for the exam, every candidate should go through the exam pattern. The TNEA 2023 exam pattern is given below.
- Medium: The exam will be in the English language.
- Duration: This exam will be of two and a half hour
- Type of questions: Objective type of questions will ask in this exam
- No. of questions: A total of 150 questions will be there in this exam
- Negative marking: No negative marking is there in this exam
TNEA 2023 Syllabus
The candidates who will be appearing in this exam should prepare for this exam on time. Go through the syllabus thoroughly. Every point in this syllabus matters. Do not leave any topic from the syllabus. Your preparation of the syllabus will determine your result in this exam. The TNEA 2023 syllabus is given below. Buy the best books to ace this exam.
TNEA 2023 Preparation Tips
Preparation tips prepare the candidates for the examination. Each candidate who will be appearing in the exam should read the tips. These preparation tips contain all the needed tips and tricks to ace the exam. No candidates should miss the preparation tips. All the tips are essential. The TNEA 2023 preparation tips are given below.
- Start preparing for the exam the moment you get your syllabus for TNEA 2023.
- Make it a habit of studying for 4 to 5 hours daily because it will help you score better.
- Do not forget to take breaks between the long study session hours to avoid stress and burden.
- You should not take stress as it can affect the preparation for your exam.
- A study from the best books for the TNEA 2023 examination.
- Candidates should not leave any topic from the syllabus because each topic is critical.
- Read the syllabus very carefully before preparing for the TNEA 2023 exam.
- Start making your notes while you are studying for this examination.
- Candidates should search and find question papers from the previous year and then practice them after they complete their syllabus preparation.
- Along with question papers, search for answer keys from previous years and go through them before the exam as and you will know the kind of answers expected in the exam.
- Revise your syllabus at least twice after you have completed the preparation for the examination.
- Go through the exam pattern and prepare according to it. Do not forget about it.
- Start practising yoga in the morning to stay calm and collected.
- Give your exam with confidence in your preparation, nd do not doubt yourself.
TNEA 2023 Admit Card
The admit card will be available to those candidates who would have filled out the application form and apaid thefee. It is essential that every candidate fill out the form and pays the fee; otherwise, they will not get access to the admit card.
The TNEA 2023 will not provide any admit cards to candidates. Instead of the admit ca, random dom numbers will be allottinitiallying. The candidate appearing for the Tamil Nadu Engineering Admission t, a common entrance exam conducted by Anna University, Chen, nai, will get admit cars.
Every candidate needs to carry the admit card with them to the exam centre. If any candidates dodo not, they will not be allowed to give the exam.
Steps to fill out the admit card for TNEA 2023
- Visit the Website of Anna University.
- A link to the admission card will be visible after you log into the TNEA portal on the front page.
- Then, a dialogue window will appear before y, ou, and you can enter the information.
- For downloading the admit card, provide the registration number and password. This is important to remember since you cannot download it without it.
- Then the admission card will show up on the monitor.
- After that, it will be necessary to load it using a computer or other tools.
- Take a printout of the admit card after downloading the PDF version.
TNEA 2023 Merit List
The exam authorities will release the merit list online on the official website. The merit list will be based on the marks scored by the candidates in the three subjects – maths, physics, and chemistry. The total marks scored by the candidates will be reduced to 200 marks.
After the release of the merit list, the rank list will be released. If any candidates find any discrepancy or problem in the merit list, they need to contact the office of the secretary of TNEA at Anna University. Thee other TNEA 2023 merit list information will only be released on the website.
TNEA 2023 Cut Off
The cut-off refers to the minimum marks set by the exam authority that the candidates will have to score. The cut-off for TNEA 2023 will be released on the online website only. The candidates will be shortlisted as per the cut-off released by the exam authority.
Cut-off will be prepared for different categories. It will be based omanyof factors like the number of seats, difficulty level, previous year’s cut-off, number of students, and much more.
TNEA 2023 Counselling Procedure
After the release of the cut-off and merit list, the counselling process will start. The candidates whose names appear on the merit list will be called for counselling. The counselling for general candidates and reserved candidates will be held separately.
The counselling will happen in four different rounds, and those will depend on the availability of seats. The candidates must also pay the counselling fee to access the counselling process. After the payment is completed, the candidates must convey their choice of college and course.
After the system locks the choices of every candidate, they will be allotted seats available as per their ranks in the exam. And for the final process, the candidates must reach their respective institutions with provisional allotment letters provided to them. And there, the candidates wifulfilill the admission process and formalities.
The candidates who will get selected will also require to bring some documents with them for verification. The list is given below.
- 10th and 12th mark sheets
- Permanent community certificate
- HSC/12th class hall ticket
- First graduate certificate and fia rst graduate joint declaration
- Transfer Certificate
- Sri Lankan Tamil refugee certificate
- Relevant documents showing proof of army personnel
The counselling fee for TNEA is given in the table below:
|General or OBC||INR 500/-|
|SC or ST||INR 250/-|
|Special Reservation Category||INR 100/-|
There will be many colleges participating in the counselling of TNEA 2023. You can see the list of colleges that accept TNEA 2023 exam results for admissions.
- PSG College of Technology, Tamil Nadu
- Coimbatore Institute of Technology, CIT, Tamil Nadu
- Bannari Amman Institute of Technology, Tamil Nadu
- Chennai Institute of Technology, Tamil Nadu
- Kongu Engineering College, Tamil Nadu
- St. Joseph’s College of Engineering, Tamil Nadu
- Sona College of Technology, Tamil Nadu
- Rajalaxmi Engineering College, Tamil Nadu
- SSM College of Engineering, Tamil Nadu
- Sri Krishna College of Engineering & Technology, Tamil Nadu
Question:- How many questions will be asked in TNEA 2023 exam?
Ans- 150 questionwillld be asked in TNEA 2023 exam.
Question:- TNEA 2023 exam will be in which language?
Ans- TNEA 2023 examwilld be in the English language.
Question:- What questions would be asked in the TNEA 2023 exam?
Ans- Objective-type questions wwillbe asked in TNEA 2023 exam.
Question:- What will be the duration of the TNEA 2023 exam?
Ans- TNEA 2023 exam would be of 2 hours and 30 minutes.
Question:- The application form for TNEA 2023 would be released online or offline?
Ans- The application form for TNEA 202willld be released online on the website.
If you have more questions about TNEA 2023, you can write your queries in the comments box below.