Latest Applications Open 2023:
It is important to read the eligibility criteria of the MHCET 2023 law before applying for the exam. If the candidate is eligible, only he/she can apply.
The Maharashtra Common Entrance Examination (MAH CET Law) is administered by the Maharashtra State Common Entry Test Cell, Maharashtra, Mumbai. The entrance exam to the MH CET law offers admission to LLB 5 years and 3 years of regular LLB programs.
It is a state-level entrance examination through which applicants can obtain admission to various law schools in the state. In this article, applicants can consult in detail the complete eligibility criteria of MH CET law 2023.
MH CET Law 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who fulfill the complete Eligibility criteria can appear in the MH CET Law 2023 entrance exam.
All India Candidates:
Candidates of Indian National & having completed SSC & HSC from outside Maharashtra state belonging to all categories are eligible in this category.
Latest Applications For Various UG & PG Courses Open 2023
- Jaipur National University, Jaipur | Admissions Open for All Courses 2023. Apply Now
- Manav Rachna University, Haryana| Admissions Open for All Courses 2023. Apply Now
- IIAD, Delhi | Admissions Open for All Courses 2023. Apply Now
- GNIOT, Greater Noida | Admissions Open for All Courses 2023. Apply Now
- Alliance University, Karnataka | Admissions Open for All Courses 2023. Apply Now
Candidates who completed SSC & HSC from Maharashtra state & have Maharashtra domicile or were born in Maharashtra belonging to a particular Linguistic or Religious Minority Community within the State as issued by the Government are eligible to apply.
Candidates who fulfill the eligibility clauses given for the NRI candidates are eligible. They don’t have to apply for CET.
Foreign Candidate or OCI or PIO Candidates:
Candidates who come under this category can also apply to fulfill the complete eligibility clauses. They don’t have to apply for CET.
Jammu & Kashmir Migrant Candidates:
The children of citizens, those shifted from Jammu & Kashmir to any part of India or from unsafe border areas of Jammu and Kashmir can apply.
Also, Check Below-
Maharashtra State Candidates:
Candidates can claim only one type of Maharashtra State Candidature which is mentioned below.
- Type A: A candidate who born in Maharashtra or having a domicile in Maharashtra.
- Type B: The father or mother of a candidate is domiciled in the state of Maharashtra.
- Type C: The father or mother of a candidate is employed in the Government of India or posted or reported in duty in Maharashtra State before the last date of submission application form for CAP.
- Type D: The father or mother of a candidate is an employee of Maharashtra or Government of Maharashtra Undertaking.
- Type E: Candidates those passed SSC or HSC or equivalent examination from a recognized institution from a divided Maharashtra Karnataka Border Area and whose Mother tongue is Marathi.
- Lower Age Limit: Candidates’ age limit should be 20 years (22 years for SC/ST of Maharashtra only) as of 1st July 2023.
- Upper Age Limit: There is no upper age limit to appear in both exams.
MH CET Law 2023 Important Information
Applicants who have obtained 10 + 2 through the Open School / Universities system directly without having a basic qualification are not eligible for the MH CET 2023 law.
Applicants for the law that appears on the end-of-year exam will be considered eligible for the three-year LLB programs. They can appear on the entrance examination of the law. However, it must also be taken into account that their admission will be provisional and will only be offered if they present the LL.B certificate with the obtaining of more specified minimum scores.
For 5 years LLB course:
- Qualifying Exam: Candidate must pass the SSC(+2) or its equivalent examination such as (11+1, ‘A’ level in Senior School Leaving Certificate Course) from the recognized board of Maharashtra state or from outside.
- Minimum Marks: Candidates must have 45% aggregate marks in the qualifying exam (40% marks for reserved categories of Maharashtra state).
- Candidates, those complete their 12th class from the Distance or Correspondence method, can also apply. (gap of not less than Two Years between 10th Std. (SSC) and 12th Std. (HSC))
- Candidates who obtained 10 Std./Secondary Schooling Certificate Examination, in a Single Sitting Examination without having any Basic Qualification (1st To 9th Standard of Schooling) are not eligible.
- Appearing Candidates are also eligible to apply.
For 3 years LLB course:
- Qualifying Exam: The candidate must have a graduate or postgraduate degree in any stream from any of the recognized universities of Maharashtra or India.
- Minimum Marks: Candidates must obtain 45% in the qualifying exam (40% for reserved categories).
Note: Candidates who belong to outside of Maharashtra state will be eligible to apply and they will be considered as Open Category candidates irrespective of the caste/category.
If you have any query related to MH CET Law Eligibility 2023, you can ask your query in the comments section below.