Latest Applications Open 2024:
JIPMER PG 2024 INI CET 2024 January Session Mock Round Counselling has been Started on 28th November 2023. INI SS January Session Common Merit List (CML) for DM/MCH/MD Hospital Administration Courses was Released on 22nd November 2023. January Session List of candidates called for Stage-II (Departmental Assessment) Result has been Released on 9th November 2023. INI SS January Session Result has been Declared on 4th November 2023. There are two main exams: INI CET for MD/MS courses on November 5, 2023, and INI SS for DM/M.Ch courses on October 30, 2023. To get into MD/MS or DM/M.Ch courses at places like AIIMS and JIPMER, you have to pass these entrance exams. They happen twice a year, usually in January and July. Before applying, ensure you fit the requirements and follow the application rules.
To get admission to JIPMER PG (Postgraduate) programs, you need to take the INI CET and INI SS entrance exams. These exams are national-level tests for medical courses like MD/MS and DM/M.Ch. They are run by AIIMS (All India Institute of Medical Sciences). If you want to study these three or 6-year postgraduate medical courses at various institutions, including AIIMS and JIPMER, you must pass the INI CET and INI SS exams. These exams happen twice a year, usually in January and July.
To learn more about the JIPMER PG 2024 exam, such as how to apply, when the exams are, and who’s eligible, you can check the complete article or official notifications for detailed information. Prepare well for the exams. Know what to study and when to expect your admit card and results. These exams open doors to many good medical schools. Also, check the details about the Application Form, Exam Dates, Pattern, Syllabus, Result, Merit list, Counselling procedure, etc.
JIPMER PG 2024 Notification – Jan. Session Counselling Started
JIPMER PG 2024 Latest News and Updates
January Session: JIPMER PG 2024 INI CET 2024 January Session Mock Round Counselling has been Started on 28th November 2023. JIPMER PG 2024 January Session List of candidates called for Stage-II (Departmental Assessment) Result has been Released on 9th November 2023. The Result for the INI SS January Session was Declared on 4th November 2023. The INI SS Admit Card for the January Session has been Available through Online Mode. The January Session Application Form has been Released for INI CET/SS Courses. For the January session of JIPMER PG 2024, aspiring medical professionals should mark their calendars for key events.
The application process has been Started on 27th September and closes by 14th October 2023. During October, you can expect updates on the status of basic registration and have the opportunity to correct rejected images. By mid-October, the final status of accepted basic registration is usually available. Admit cards are usually released on 23rd October and 30th October 2023 for INI SS and INI CET Courses, with the actual INI CET 2024 exam taking place on 30th October for INI SS and 5th November 2023 for INI CET. Results are expected in the fourth week of November, followed by the counselling process in the second week of December.
Latest Applications For Various UG & PG Courses Open 2024
- Parul University | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- UPES Dehradun | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- Chandigarh University | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- LPU 2024 | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- IIAD, Delhi | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- GIBS, Bangalore | PGDM Applications Open. Package upto 15.5 LPA. Apply Now
- GNIOT, Greater Noida | Admissions Open for All Courses 2023. Apply Now
- Narayana Business School | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- The Design Village | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- IMS Ghaziabad UC Campus | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- KIIT School of Management | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- KSRM | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
July Session: In the July session of JIPMER PG 2024, candidates should know the following important dates. The online application process for this session typically begins in the first week of March and concludes in the first week of April. The second week of April marks when you can check the status of your basic registration and make corrections if necessary. By April, the examination’s unique code will be generated. In the third week of April, you can verify the final status of your application and submit any required documents. Expect the release of admit cards in the first week of May, followed by the examination in the second week of the same month. Results are generally declared in the third week of May, and counselling typically begins in June.
What is JIPMER PG?
The Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research, located in Puducherry, India, has been a prominent medical institution since 1956. It operates under the Government of India. Situated on a vast 195-acre campus in an urban area of Puducherry (formerly known as Pondicherry), JIPMER is approximately 170 kilometres from Chennai by road.
JIPMER holds a special status as an “Institution of National Importance” as declared by an Act of Parliament, known as the JIPMER, Puducherry, Act, 2008. This Act was officially published in the Gazette on July 14, 2008, making it legally enforceable. Before this, the institute was under the administrative jurisdiction of the Directorate General of Health Service, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, New Delhi. This change in status underscores its significance in the field of medical education and research in India.
JIPMER PG is a national-level exam organised by the Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research in Puducherry. The JIPMER PG 2024 Exam Pattern involves a computer-based test that lasts for 1.5 hours. It consists of 100 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs), and each question carries four marks. However, it’s important to note that there is a negative marking system where you lose one mark for each incorrect answer.
JIPMER PG 2024 Quick Links
|JIPMER PG Notification||JIPMER PG Exam Dates|
|JIPMER PG Application Form||JIPMER PG How to Apply|
|JIPMER PG Admit Card||JIPMER PG Result|
|JIPMER PG Counselling||JIPMER PG Exam Pattern|
|JIPMER PG Preparation||–|
JIPMER PG 2024 Important Dates
The JIPMER PG 2024 Important Dates are a crucial roadmap for medical aspirants, outlining key milestones such as application periods, exam schedules, and result announcements for the upcoming postgraduate medical entrance examinations.
INI CET (January Session 2024):
|Application form releases||15th September 2023|
|Last date to submit||5th October 2023|
|Status of basic registration & last date to rectify images||6th – 7th October 2023|
|Generation of examination unique code||30th September – 14th October 2023|
|Checking final status||17th – 18th October 2023|
|The final status of online registration & release of admit card||30th October 2023|
|Exam Date||5th November 2023|
|Counselling starts||28th November 2023|
INI SS (January Session 2024):
|Online registration||27th September 2023|
|Registration ends||14th October 2023|
|Uploading of Application Status||14th October 2023|
|Documents submission||18th October 2023|
|Admit card||23rd October 2023|
|INI SS 2024 Exam Date||30th October 2023|
|Result (for all INIs)||4th November 2023|
|Result Stage 1 (for AIIMS applicants only)||December 2023|
|Departmental Assessment (only for AIIMS applicants)||December 2023|
|Final Result declaration||December 2023|
INI CET (July Session 2024):
|Online Application||1st week of March 2024|
|Application form Last date||1st week of April 2024|
|Status of Basic Registration and last date of correction||2nd week of April 2024|
|Generation of examination unique code||April 2024|
|Checking the final status of completion of the application form & last date of submission of documents||3rd week of April 2024|
|Final status of online registration and release of Admit Card||1st week of May 2024|
|Date of Examination||2nd week of May 2024|
|Result Declaration||3rd week of May 2024|
|Counselling Starts||June 2024|
INI SS (July Session 2024):
|Online registration||4th week of March 2024|
|Registration ends||1st week of April 2024|
|Application status uploaded||3rd week of April 2024|
|Submission of documents Last date||3rd week of April 2024|
|Finalisation of centres/ allotment of roll no & Availability of Admit card||Last week of April 2024|
|Exam Date||April 2024|
|Result (for all INIs)||2nd week of May 2024|
|Result Stage 1 (for AIIMS applicants only)||May 2024|
|Departmental Assessment (only for AIIMS applicants)||May 2024|
|Final Result declaration||May/ June 2024|
JIPMER PG 2024 Highlights
The highlights section gives you a quick look at the JIPMER PG 2024 exam. It’s like a sneak peek before you dive into the exam details. This exam lets you enter three or six-year PG medical courses in places like JIPMER and AIIMS. They hold this exam twice a year, in January and July.
|Name of the Exam||JIPMER PG|
|Full Name of JIPMER||Jawahar Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research|
|Level of the Exam||National Level|
|Courses Offered||MD, MS, DM, M.Ch|
|Name of the Conducting Authority||All India Institute of Medical Sciences|
|Process of Selection||Via INI CET and INI SS|
|Total Sessions||Two Sessions|
|Name of the Sessions||January and July Sessions|
|Mode of the Application Forms||Online Mode|
|Mode of the Exam||Online Mode|
JIPMER PG 2024 Courses Offered
JIPMER PG 2024 provides advanced medical courses for students who want to become doctors. These courses include MD, MS, DM, and M.Ch. It’s a great opportunity for medical students to learn and become experts in their chosen fields, and JIPMER is known for offering high-quality education in medicine.
Duration of Courses:
MD/MS/MDS courses: 3 years (36 months)
6-year MCh courses: 6 years (72 months)
|Dermatology, Venereology & Leprology||MD|
|Immuno-Haematology & Blood Transfusion||MD|
|Obstetrics & Gynaecology||MS|
|Oto-Rhino Laryngology (ENT)||MS|
|Neurosurgery (Integrated 6-year course)||MCh|
|Paediatric Surgery (Integrated 6-year course)||MCh|
|Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopedics||MDS|
|Oral & Maxillofacial surgery||MDS|
Distribution of Seats for the January 2024 Session:
|Discipline||No. of Seats for All Indian Nationals||No. of Seats for Indian Candidates Sponsored by Govt.||No. of Seats for Foreign Nationals including OCI|
|Dermatology, Venereology & Leprology||4||0||0|
|Immuno-Haematology & Blood Transfusion||2||0||1|
|Discipline||No. of Seats for All Indian Nationals||No. of Seats for Indian Candidates Sponsored by Govt.||No. of Seats for Foreign Nationals including OCI|
|Obstetrics & Gynaecology||14||1||0|
|Oto-Rhino Laryngology (ENT)||7||0||0|
Integrated 6-year MCh Courses:
|Discipline||No. of Seats|
|Discipline||No. of Seats|
|Orthodontics & Dentofacial orthopaedics||1|
|Oral & Maxillofacial surgery||1|
JIPMER PG 2024 Notification
JIPMER PG 2024 January Session List of candidates called for Stage-II (Departmental Assessment) Result has been Released on 9th November 2023. The JIPMER PG 2024 notification, released by the Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER), is like a guidebook for aspiring doctors. It has important details about the entrance exams for postgraduate medical courses. This includes when the exams will happen, how to apply, who can apply, what you must study, how much it costs, and other important dates. The notification also tells you which medical schools will consider your scores for admission.
Additionally, the notification would highlight the participating institutions considering JIPMER PG scores for admission to various postgraduate medical courses, including MD, MS, DM, M.Ch, and MDS. It would emphasise the national-level significance of the JIPMER PG exam, showcasing the opportunities it offers aspiring medical professionals to advance their careers in specialised fields.
The document may also contain instructions on the application process, document requirements, and any updates or modifications to the exam procedure compared to previous years. To ensure accuracy and access to the latest information, candidates are advised to refer To the official JIPMER PG 2024 notification on the JIPMER official website or authorised sources.
JIPMER PG 2024 Application Form
The JIPMER PG 2024 Application Form is your gateway to pursuing postgraduate medical education at the Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER). It’s a crucial document that opens doors to specialised medical courses. In this section, we will explore the key details of the JIPMER PG application process, ensuring you understand clearly.
This section provides important information about the application process for those who wish to pursue postgraduate medical courses through JIPMER PG. Let’s delve into the online registration details, eligibility criteria, submission deadlines, and other crucial steps to ensure a successful application process.
- For JIPMER PG 2024, the application form will be available exclusively online, and offline submissions won’t be accepted.
- The application process occurs twice a year, with registration for the January session beginning on 15th September 2023 and for the July session in the first week of March 2024.
- Candidates must meet the eligibility criteria before proceeding with the application.
- Applicants should ensure the accuracy of the information provided in the form, and corrections may be allowed for registered candidates.
- The application form must be submitted on the official JIPMER PG website within the specified deadline.
- It’s advisable for candidates to keep a printed copy of the application form for future reference during the admission process.
- The application is only online, so you can’t send it through the mail.
- Before applying, ensure you meet all the requirements they ask for.
- When you fill out the form, be careful and put in the right information. If you make a mistake, they might let you fix it.
- Don’t forget to send in your application before the deadline they give you on their official website.
- Keep a printed copy of your application – you might need it later when you’re getting admitted to the course.
JIPMER PG 2024 Application Fees
The application fee for JIPMER PG can only be paid online, and there is no option for offline payment. You can pay for net banking, debit card, or credit card. Here are the fee details for different categories:
|Category||INI CET Fee (in Rs.)||INI SS Fee (in Rs.)|
|General/OBC||Rs. 4000/-||Rs. 4000/-|
|ST/SC||Rs. 3200/-||Rs. 4000/-|
Please note that these fees are subject to change, so it’s essential to refer to the official JIPMER PG notification for the most up-to-date fee information when you apply.
What to do if JIPMER PG 2024 application payment fails?
Payment issues during the JIPMER PG application process can occur in two scenarios:
1. Payment Not Deducted: If candidates receive a bank message indicating that the payment wasn’t processed, they should retry the payment until it succeeds.
2. Payment Deducted but Not Confirmed: Sometimes, the amount is deducted from the candidate’s bank account, but the application form needs to show confirmation. In such cases, candidates should make the payment again and submit the form. The initial fee will be refunded within 30 days, and candidates will receive a bank message confirming this. If the refund still needs to be initiated, candidates can email the authorities at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
How to Fill out the JIPMER PG Application Form
Filling out the JIPMER PG Application Form is a crucial step towards your postgraduate medical journey. We’ll guide you through the process in just a few easy steps.
- Visit the official JIPMER website to access the application form.
- Look for the application link, typically available in the “Admissions” or “PG Medical Courses” section.
- Click on the application link and start the registration process.
- Provide basic information such as name, date of birth, contact details, and email address.
- You will receive login credentials (user ID and password) on your registered email.
- Log in using the provided credentials.
- Complete the basic registration process, which includes personal details, category, and other required information.
Application Form Details:
- After basic registration, you can access the application form.
- Fill in your educational qualifications, internship details, and other relevant information.
- Upload your recent passport-sized photograph and signature per the specified format and size guidelines.
- Make sure the images are clear and meet the requirements to avoid rejection.
Payment of Application Fee:
- Pay the application fee through online payment methods (credit card, debit card, net banking).
- The fee amount may vary for different categories, so check the official notification for details.
- Review all the information entered in the application form.
- Ensure that all details are accurate and match your supporting documents.
- Once you are satisfied, submit the application form.
- After submission, you can check the status of your application on the official website.
- This will inform you whether your application is accepted or rejected.
Correction Window (if available):
- If you need to make corrections to your application or uploaded images, use the correction window provided by the authorities.
- Make necessary changes within the specified timeframe.
Print Application Form:
- After the final submission and confirmation, print a copy of your application form.
- You may need it during the counselling and admission process.
|Personal Details||– Name- Date of Birth- Gender- Nationality- Category (General, OBC, SC, ST, etc.)- PwD status (if applicable)|
|Contact Information||– Email address- Mobile number- Permanent address- Correspondence address|
|Educational Qualifications||– Details of undergraduate medical/dental course (university name, course name, year of passing)- Internship details (start and end dates)- Medical Council of India (MCI) or Dental Council of India (DCI) registration details|
|Scanned Images||– Recent passport-size color photograph (JPEG format)- Signature (JPEG format)- Images should adhere to specified size and format requirements|
|Application Fee Details||– Payment details (transaction number, date)- Category-wise fee information|
|Valid Photo ID||– Government-issued photo ID (Aadhar card, Passport, Voter ID) for identity verification|
|Category Certificate (if applicable)||– Relevant category certificate (SC, ST, OBC, etc.)|
|PwD Certificate (if applicable)||– Certificate for Persons with Disability (PwD)|
|OCI/Foreign National Documents (if applicable)||– Relevant documents and passport details for Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) or Foreign National status|
JIPMER PG 2024 Application Correction
It gives you a short time to fix any mistakes or issues in your application. You can change things like your personal details or uploaded documents to ensure everything is correct.
But remember, you can’t change everything, like your category or eligibility. Once this correction time is over, you can’t make any more changes.
So, use this chance wisely to double-check and correct your application. Always follow the official JIPMER PG notification for specific details about when and what you can change during this correction period.
JIPMER PG 2024 Eligibility Criteria
The JIPMER PG Eligibility Criteria are rules you need to follow to apply for postgraduate medical courses at JIPMER. These rules help make sure you’re qualified to take the entrance exam. In simpler terms, we’ll explain what you need to be eligible for this exam.
Here is a paraphrased version of the JIPMER PG 2024 Eligibility Criteria:
For INI CET (MD/MS):
- Nationality: Eligible candidates include Indian Nationals, OCI (Overseas Citizen of India), NRI (Non-Resident Indian), and Foreign Nationals. Government-nominated foreign candidates do not need to take the exam.
- Qualification: Applicants must hold an MBBS degree recognised by the MCI (Medical Council of India) or NMC (National Medical Commission). They should have completed a 12-month rotating internship/practical training by January 31, 2024 (for the January session) or July 31, 2024 (for the July session).
- Passing Marks: General category candidates need a minimum of 55% marks, while reserved category candidates require 50% to be eligible.
- Appearing: Candidates appearing for the qualifying exam 2024 are also eligible to apply.
For INI SS (DM/M.Ch):
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates should possess an MD/MS degree from any MCI-approved board or university.
- Age Criteria: Applicants should not exceed 35 years of age as of January 1, 2024 (January session) or July 1, 2023 (July session). SC/ST candidates have a 5-year age relaxation, and OBC candidates have a 3-year one.
JIPMER PG 2024 Exam Pattern
The JIPMER PG Exam Pattern is like the exam blueprint, providing candidates with valuable insights into how the test is designed. Understanding this pattern is essential for effective exam preparation. In the following lines, we will delve into the specifics of the JIPMER PG Exam Pattern, which includes details on the exam mode, duration, question types, marking scheme, and more.
Here’s a simplified explanation of the JIPMER PG 2024 Exam Pattern for INI CET (MD/MS):
For INI CET (MD/MS):
- Exam Mode: The test is conducted online, where you use a computer to answer questions.
- Duration: You have 3 hours to complete the exam.
- Type of Questions: You’ll face Multiple-Choice Questions (MCQs), where you choose the correct answer from options.
- Language: The exam is in English only.
- Number of Questions: There are 200 questions in the exam.
- Marking: You get one mark for each correct answer.
Penalty: A 1/3 mark is taken away as a penalty if you answer incorrectly.
This information helps you understand how the exam is structured and how you’ll be assessed during the test.
Here’s the subject-wise distribution of questions for INI CET in a table format:
|Subjects||No. of Questions|
|General Knowledge (GK)||10|
|Aptitude & Logical Thinking||10|
Here’s the simplified information about the INI SS (D.M/M.Ch) Exam Pattern:
INI SS (D.M/M.Ch):
- Exam Mode: It’s an online (computer-based) exam.
- Medium: The exam is available only in English.
- Number of Questions: There are 80 questions in the exam.
- Type of Questions: All questions are Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs).
- Duration: You have 1 hour and 30 minutes (90 minutes) to complete the exam.
- Total Marks: The exam is worth a total of 80 marks.
- Marking: You receive one mark for each correct answer.
- Penalty: If you answer incorrectly, a 1/3 mark is deducted as a penalty.
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Number of Questions||250|
|Sections in Paper||2 (Basic Clinical Science and Clinical Sciences)|
|Duration of Exam||3 hours (180 minutes)|
|Medium of Language||English|
JIPMER PG 2024 Syllabus
The JIPMER PG Syllabus is a roadmap that outlines the topics candidates need to study for the exam. It serves as a guide for what will be tested and helps candidates prepare effectively. In the following lines, we will provide an overview of the JIPMER PG Syllabus, including the subjects and areas of focus for both MD/MS and DM/M.Ch admissions.
Here’s a simplified explanation of the JIPMER PG 2024 syllabus:
For MD/MS Admission (INI CET-based):
- The syllabus is based on the higher secondary (10+2) level.
- It covers subjects like Physics, Biology, Chemistry, General Knowledge, and an Aptitude test.
For DM/M.Ch Admission (INI SS-based):
- The syllabus is based on INI SS.
- It includes topics from the general/basic part of your qualifying education and specific topics related to your chosen speciality.
In simple terms, the syllabus for MD/MS is like what you learned in high school, while for DM/M.Ch, it’s more about your specialised medical field.
The syllabus of subjects is given below in table format.
|Basic Clinical Sciences||– Anatomy|
|– Forensic Medicine & Toxicology|
|Clinical Sciences||– Medicine|
|– Obstetrics & Gynecology|
|– Community Medicine|
|– ENT (Oto-Rhino-Laryngology)|
|– Radio Diagnosis (Radiology)|
|– Radio Therapy|
|– Emergency Medicine|
|– Nuclear Medicine|
|– Pulmonary Medicine|
|– Blood Transfusion Medicine|
JIPMER PG 2024 Best Book
Choosing the right study material is essential for success in the JIPMER PG exam. Selecting the best books can be a game-changer among the numerous options available. In the following lines, we will introduce you to some of the top-recommended books that have proven to be valuable resources for JIPMER PG aspirants. These books cover a wide range of subjects and are authored by experts in the field, making them essential companions on your journey to success.
|Medicine Dermatology And Venereology||– Mudit Khanna|
|– Vivek Jain|
|Microbiology||– Rachana Chaurasiya|
|Physiology||– Soumen Manna|
|– Arvind Arora|
|Pharmacology||– Sparsh Gupta|
|– Gobind Rai Garg|
|Pathology||– Sparsh Gupta|
|Anatomy||– Arvind Arora|
|– Rachana Chaurasiya|
|Biochemistry||– Rebecca James|
|Forensic Medicine||– Narayan Reddy|
|– Dr Gaurav Aggarwal|
|Pediatrics||– Taruna Mehra|
|– Arvind Arora|
|Surgery, ENT, Orthopedics & Anaesthesia||– Pritesh Singh|
|– Ruchi Rai|
|– Apurv Mehra|
|Obstetrics and Gynaecology||– Sakshi Arora|
|Ophthalmology||– B. Ram Gopal|
|– Ruchi Rai|
|Radiodiagnosis & Radiotherapy||– Sumit Seth|
|– Vivek Jain|
|Social And Preventive Medicine||– Vivek Jain|
|Psychiatry||– Vivek Jain|
JIPMER PG 2024 Preparation Tips
Here are some valuable JIPMER PG preparation tips to help you achieve a good rank in the entrance examination:
- Plan Your Time: Create a well-structured timetable that allocates equal time to all subjects you need to study.
- Know the Exam: Familiarize yourself with the exam pattern and syllabus to understand what to expect.
- Quality Resources: Utilize the best books and study materials, and consider online resources for comprehensive preparation.
- Practice Papers: Practice previous years’ question papers to get a feel for the exam and improve your problem-solving skills.
- Cover All Topics: Ensure you cover every topic in the syllabus during your preparation to avoid leaving gaps in your knowledge.
- Stay Healthy: Don’t neglect your health; stress management, regular breaks, and a balanced diet are essential for effective studying.
These tips can help you prepare more effectively and increase your chances of success in the JIPMER PG entrance exam.
JIPMER PG 2024 Exam Centers
JIPMER PG has expanded its reach by adding more test cities, going from 10 to 12 major cities nationwide. Aspiring candidates now have the option to select three preferred cities for their online entrance test during the application process. They can indicate their choices by entering the respective exam centre codes in the application form. The allocation of exam cities will be based on the candidate’s preferences and will follow on a first-come-first-serve basis. This enhancement in test city options aims to provide greater convenience to JIPMER PG applicants nationwide.
The exam organisers will assign each participant a specific test centre, and the details of the assigned venue will be indicated on the admit card. Once a test centre is allocated, it cannot be modified. Below is the updated test cities list for the JIPMER PG exam.
|Old City||New City|
Required Documents at the Exam time
When appearing for the JIPMER PG entrance exam, candidates must ensure they have the following required documents with them:
- Admit Card: The printed copy of the JIPMER PG admit card is crucial for identification and exam entry. It contains essential details such as the exam centre, date, and time.
- Valid Photo ID: A government-issued photo identification document like an Aadhar card, passport, voter ID, or driver’s license is required for identity verification.
- Photograph: Carry recent passport-sized colour photographs as per the specifications mentioned in the admit card.
- Basic Stationery: You may need a ballpoint pen for marking your answers on the OMR sheet, although this is typically provided at the exam centre.
- PwD Certificate (if applicable): If you have applied under the PwD (Persons with Disabilities) category, carry the relevant certificate issued by the competent authority.
Candidates should ensure they have these documents ready and organised well to avoid any last-minute hassles on the exam day.
JIPMER PG 2024 Online Examination Instruction & Guidelines
The JIPMER PG online examination is essential for both candidates and organisers. To achieve this, a set of clear instructions and guidelines have been established to govern the conduct of the exam. In the following lines, we provide a concise introduction to these instructions and guidelines, emphasising their importance in maintaining the integrity of the examination process.
- Admit Card: Carry a printed copy of your JIPMER PG admit card along with a valid photo ID to the exam centre. The admit card is your entry ticket to the exam.
- Reporting Time: Arrive at the exam centre well in advance, as mentioned on your admit card. Latecomers might not be allowed to enter.
- Biometric Verification: Biometric data (fingerprint and photograph) will be captured before entering the exam hall.
- Seating: Candidates will be directed to their assigned seats in the exam hall. Sit only at the designated seat to avoid confusion.
- Exam Duration: The exam duration is specified on the question paper. Be mindful of the time, and manage it wisely.
- Question Paper: Read the instructions on the question paper carefully before starting. Do not open the question booklet until instructed.
- OMR Sheet: Use a ballpoint pen to mark your answers on the OMR sheet. Ensure that you fill in the circles completely and correctly.
- Electronic Devices: Electronic devices, including mobile phones, smartwatches, and calculators, are not allowed inside the exam hall.
- Rough Work: Rough work should be done only in the space provided in the question booklet. Do not use any additional sheets.
JIPMER PG 2024 Admit Card
The JIPMER PG admit card for the January 2024 session will become available in November 2023, while the July 2024 session will be accessible from the first week of May 2024. Candidates can exclusively download the admit card online, provided they submit their application form before the deadline. To retrieve the admit card, candidates must input their login credentials, including the application form number and password. This admit card is of utmost significance and must be carried on the exam day. Without a valid hardcopy of the JIPMER PG 2024 admit card.
How to Download Admit Card
To download your JIPMER PG admit card, follow these steps:
- Visit the Official Website: Go to the official JIPMER website (http://www.jipmer.edu.in/).
- Login: Look for the link or section leading to the admit card download portal. You’ll need to log in using your application form number and password.
- Admit Card Link: Once logged in, you should find a link to download the admit card. Click on it.
- Download Admit Card: Your admit card will be displayed on the screen. Carefully check all the details to ensure accuracy.
- Print Admit Card: After verifying the details, click the “Download” or “Print” button to save a copy of the admit card to your device.
- Multiple Copies: It’s a good practice to print multiple copies of the admit card for backup.
- Photo: Ensure that your photograph on the admit card is clear and matches your appearance.
Remember, the JIPMER PG admit card is a crucial document for the exam, so make sure to download and print it well in advance. Keep it safe and carry a hard copy on the examination day.
JIPMER PG 2024 Result
The JIPMER PG result for the January 2024 session will be officially announced in November 2023, while for the July 2024 session (MD/ MS – INI CET), it will be disclosed in May 2024. The results will be made available online on the official website.
Candidates participating in the JIPMER PG 2024 entrance exam through INI CET and INI SS can access their results through the website. To retrieve the results, candidates must provide their login credentials on the online portal, including the application number and date of birth. Keeping a hard copy of the result for future admission procedures is advisable. Only those candidates who have successfully qualified in the exam will be included in the merit list.
How to check the JIPMER PG Result
To check your JIPMER PG result, follow these steps:
- Visit the Official Website: Go to the official JIPMER website (http://www.jipmer.edu.in/).
- Navigate to Result Section: Look for the “Result” or “Result Announcement” section on the website’s homepage.
- Select the Relevant Exam: Click on the link corresponding to your session’s JIPMER PG exam (January or July).
- Login: You will be prompted to log in to access your result. Enter your login details, typically including your application number and date of birth.
- View and Download: Your result will be displayed on the screen after logging in. Review your score and other relevant details.
- Print Your Result: To keep a record, it’s a good practice to print a copy of your result. This can be useful for future reference during the admission process.
- Keep It Secure: Store your results safely, as you may need them for counselling and admission.
JIPMER PG 2024 Merit List
The JIPMER PG 2024 merit list will be published online by the authority. This merit list will include the names of candidates qualified for further counselling procedures.
The merit list will be accessible on the official website after the release of the results. The list may be separate or combined, depending on the selection of qualified candidates. Candidates should regularly check the website for updates regarding the merit list and counselling procedures. Being on the merit list is a significant step towards securing admission to JIPMER PG programs.
JIPMER PG 2024 Counselling
Qualified candidates in the JIPMER PG entrance exam are eligible to participate in the JIPMER PG counselling process for 2024. The counselling registration for the January session will commence in December 2023, while the July session will start in June 2024. The entire counselling process will be conducted online through the official website.
During the counselling process, candidates will go through various rounds where they’ll need to make choices regarding courses and pay counselling fees. After each round of counselling, a seat allotment list will be published, including the names of shortlisted candidates. On the reporting day, candidates must be present with all the necessary documents at the counselling venue. This is a crucial step in securing admission to JIPMER PG programs.
Required Documents at the Counseling time
Here is a list of required documents you should have at the time of JIPMER PG counselling:
- Admit Card: Your JIPMER PG admit card, which you used for the entrance exam.
- Rank Letter: The rank letter issued by JIPMER.
- Photo ID Proof: Any government-issued photo identification, like an Aadhar card, passport, or driver’s license.
- MBBS Degree Certificate: Your MBBS degree certificate from a recognised institution.
- Internship Completion Certificate: Proof of completion of the compulsory rotating internship.
- Permanent/Provisional Medical Registration Certificate: You should possess a permanent or provisional medical registration certificate issued by the Medical Council of India or State Medical Council.
- Internship Completion Certificate: Proof of completing the 12-month compulsory rotating internship.
- Category Certificate: Provide your category certificate (OBC/SC/ST/EWS) if applicable.
- Residence Certificate: Proof of residence or domicile, if required.
- Birth Certificate: Your birth certificate as proof of age.
- Transfer Certificate: The Transfer Certificate from the college last attended.
- Migration Certificate: Migration certificate from the university last attended.
- Conduct Certificate: A certificate attesting to your good conduct.
- Passport-size Photographs: Recent passport-sized color photographs.
- Declaration Form: You will need to download a signed declaration form from the official website.
It’s essential to have all these documents in original and a set of photocopies as they will be verified during the counselling process. Double-check the official JIPMER website for any updates or specific requirements related to documents.
JIPMER PG Contact:
Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research
JIPMER Campus Rd, Gorimedu,
JIPMER Academic Section:
Office Superintendent: 0413-2298288, 0413-2912111
PS to Dean: 0413-2298283,
Participating Institutes of JIPMER PG 2024
The Participating Institutes of JIPMER PG are renowned medical institutions across India that offer postgraduate medical courses through the JIPMER PG entrance examination. These institutes, including AIIMS branches and JIPMER Puducherry, provide aspiring medical professionals with opportunities to pursue advanced medical studies in various specialisations.
Here is a table format of the participating institutes of JIPMER PG 2024:
|Sr. No.||Participating Institutes|
|1||All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Bhopal|
|2||All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), Bhubaneswar|
|3||All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi|
|4||All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Deoghar|
|5||All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Jodhpur|
|6||All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Mangalagiri|
|7||All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Nagpur|
|8||All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Patna|
|9||All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Raipur|
|10||All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Rishikesh|
|11||Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER), Puducherry|
|12||National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro Sciences, Bangalore|
|13||Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh|
|14||All India Institute of Medical Sciences Bathinda|
|15||All India Institute of Medical Sciences Bibinagar|
|16||Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences & Technology, etc|
JIPMER PG 2024 FAQs
Which PG is best in JIPMER?
The best PG course at JIPMER can vary depending on your career goals and interests. JIPMER offers various MD, MS, DM, and M.Ch courses, each with specialities. The best PG course for you would be the one that aligns with your career aspirations and academic background.
What are the PG courses available in JIPMER?
JIPMER offers MD, MS, DM, and M.Ch courses in various medical specialities. The specific courses may vary from year to year.
Is there any PG quota in JIPMER?
Yes, JIPMER has a reservation system with quotas for categories such as SC, ST, OBC, and EWS. There may also be quotas for PWD candidates and foreign nationals.
What is the minimum rank to get into JIPMER?
The minimum rank required to secure admission to JIPMER PG programs can vary from year to year and depends on factors like the number of seats available, the category of the candidate, and the difficulty level of the entrance exam.
What is the stipend for PG medical students in Pondicherry?
The stipend for PG medical students in Pondicherry, including JIPMER, may vary depending on the institute and the specific course. Stipend amounts can change over time, so it’s best to check with the institute or the official website for the most current information.
Which medical college has the highest stipend for PG?
Stipend amounts for PG medical students can vary, but some of the top medical colleges in India may offer competitive stipends. The specific college with the highest stipend may change from year to year.
How much do MBBS PG students earn?
The earning potential of MBBS PG students depends on various factors such as the institute, specialization, location, and experience. It can range from a moderate stipend during the PG course to significantly higher earnings after completing it and entering clinical practice.
Which PG Doctor is the highest paid in India?
Doctors in specialized fields like Cardiology, Neurosurgery, and Radiology tend to be among the highest-paid in India. However, earnings can vary based on experience, location, and demand for the specialisation.
How can I be admission to JIPMER in the MD/MS course?
To gain admission to JIPMER for MD/MS courses, you must qualify for the INI CET (Institute of National Importance Combined Entrance Test) conducted by AIIMS. The admission process includes registration, appearing for the entrance exam, and participating in counselling.
When will the application form be released for INI CET 2024?
The application form for INI CET 2024 is released from 15th September 2023 for the January session. However, checking the official website for the exact release date is advisable.
How can I apply for JIPMER DM/M.Ch/MD/MS through INI CET & SS?
You can apply for JIPMER DM, M.Ch, MD, and MS courses through INI CET and SS by registering for the respective exams, appearing for the entrance test, and participating in the counselling process.
What type of questions will be asked in the examination?
The entrance exams for JIPMER PG typically consist of Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) covering subjects related to your chosen specialisation. The specific topics and question distribution can vary based on the course.
In what mode will the JIPMER PG (INI CET & SS) exam be held?
The JIPMER PG (INI CET & SS) exams are conducted online, which means they are computer-based tests.
Can I make corrections to the application form for JIPMER PG?
Yes, a correction window is usually provided for candidates to make corrections in their JIPMER PG application form. However, checking the official notification for the specific correction period and guidelines is essential.
What is the upper age limit to apply for JIPMER PG?
The upper age limit to apply for JIPMER PG courses can vary based on the specific course and category. There may be age relaxations for reserved categories, so it’s important to check the eligibility criteria in the official notification for the course you are interested in.
I scored 60% marks in my MBBS degree. Will I be eligible to apply for JIPMER PG 2024?
Yes, candidates with a minimum of 55% marks in their MBBS degree can apply for JIPMER PG 2024 through the INI (CET & SS) exam.
When will the JIPMER PG 2024 January session application form be released?
The application form for the January session of INI CET has been released on 15th September 2023.
I will appear for the qualifying exam in July 2024. Can I still appear for JIPMER PG 2024?
You can apply for JIPMER PG through the INI (CET & SS) to seek admission to various medical courses, even if your qualifying exam is in July 2024.
How often can a candidate appear for JIPMER PG 2024?
According to the authorities, there is typically no restriction on the number of attempts permitted for JIPMER PG.
How can I apply for JIPMER DM/M.Ch/MD/MS through INI CET & SS?
You can apply for these courses through the online application mode when the application forms are released.
What will be the JIPMER PG 2024 application fee for OBC category candidates?
The application fee for OBC candidates for both INI CET and SS examinations is typically Rs 4000.
Will any negative marks be in the JIPMER PG (INI CET & SS) exam?
There is usually a provision for negative marking in the JIPMER PG entrance exams. Approximately 1/3 mark may be deducted for each incorrect response.
I will be in the final year of my MBBS degree in 2024. Will I be eligible to apply for the JIPMER PG 2024 exam?
Yes, candidates in the final year of their MBBS degree are generally eligible to apply for JIPMER PG 2024.
I will be 40 years old in 2024. Can I still apply for JIPMER PG 2024?
No, candidates applying for JIPMER PG 2024 should not be at most 35 years old as of 1 January 2024. Age eligibility criteria may vary for different courses, so please check the official notification for specific details.
What are the eligibility criteria for the JIPMER M.Sc program?
To be eligible for the JIPMER M.Sc program, candidates should possess a B.Sc degree in the relevant stream from a recognised university.
Has INI CET replaced the JIPMER PG exam?
Yes, the JIPMER PG exam has been replaced. Aspirants must appear for the INI CET (Institute of National Importance Combined Entrance Test) for admission to various postgraduate medical courses.
How can I be admitted to the M.B.B.S program offered by JIPMER?
To secure admission in the M.B.B.S program at JIPMER, candidates must qualify in the NEET UG (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test for Undergraduate) and then participate in the NEET counselling process for M.B.B.S admissions.
In which mode will the INI CET counselling be conducted?
The counselling for INI CET is typically conducted online.
What is the application fee for the JIPMER B.Sc program?
The application fee for the JIPMER B.Sc program is usually Rs. 1,500.
As a dedicated Biology Science graduate, I’m passionate about sharing the latest updates in national and state entrance exams through my blog. I aim to keep aspiring students informed about exam trends, important dates, and changes in syllabi. With a keen interest in education, I strive to offer valuable insights for students navigating the competitive landscape of entrance examinations and admission tests. Stay updated with me.