Latest Applications Open 2023:
AIIMS PG 2024 January Session Application Form for INI CET Course has been released on 15th September 2023. The Jan. Session Examination will be held on 5th November 2023 for INI CET Course and INI SS Exam on 23rd October 2023. The AIIMS exam is a well-reputed medical entrance test in India, providing a gateway for students to pursue medical education. AIIMS, New Delhi, conduct it, attracts students nationwide and offers a wide range of medical courses at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels. The highly sought-after MBBS undergraduate course and various specialised programs like MD, MS, MDS, and MCh are provided, showcasing AIIMS’ reputation and academic excellence.
The AIIMS exam is a highly competitive Computer-Based Test (CBT) held at designated centres, attracting thousands of medical students across India. AIIMS, Delhi conducts it and grants admission to 15 AIIMS colleges with over 1000 seats. Every year, over 3 lakh candidates take this exam, all eager to join AIIMS, which is famous for producing outstanding medical professionals. Becoming an AIIMS graduate holds immense value, earning respect from the medical community and symbolising excellence in medical education, reflecting the dedication and passion of medical aspirants towards healthcare in India.
After the AIIMS exam, candidates’ performances are evaluated, and based on their scores and ranks, they are granted admission to the AIIMS institutes of their choice. Successful candidates get the opportunity to pursue medical education in these esteemed institutions, opening doors to a promising future in the medical field with exceptional opportunities for learning, research, and clinical practice.
AIIMS PG 2024 Notification – Jan. Session INI CET Registration Started
AIIMS PG 2024 Latest News and Updates
The Institute of National Importance Combined Entrance Test (INI CET) for the January session is scheduled to take place in 2024. The application form has been released on 15th September 2023, and candidates can submit it until 5th October 2023. The status of basic registration and the last date to rectify images will be available 5th October 2023, followed by the generation of the examination unique code 27th September – 13th October 2023. The final status of online registration and the release of admit cards will be on 30th October 2023, along with the exam dates and result. Counselling will start as per the schedule.
For the INI SS (January session), the application form will be released in the 2nd week of September 2023, and the last date to submit it will be in the 3rd week of September 2023. The application status upload, document submission, and finalisation of centres will be announced later. Admit card availability and exam dates will also be communicated later. The INI SS Result will be released once the exam process is completed, followed by the result for stage I, departmental assessment, and the final result.
Latest Applications For Various UG & PG Courses Open 2023
What is AIIMS PG?
AIIMS PG, which stands for All India Institute of Medical Sciences Postgraduate Entrance Examination, is a highly prestigious and competitive exam conducted by the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) for admission to various postgraduate courses in medicine. These courses include Doctor of Medicine (MD), Master of Surgery (MS), Doctorate of Medicine (DM), and Master of Dental Surgery (MDS), as well as some fellowship programs. AIIMS, one of India’s premier medical institutions, attracts thousands of medical graduates who aspire to pursue specialised studies and training in various medical disciplines. The AIIMS PG exam is considered one of the country’s most sought-after medical entrance exams.
The examination is held twice a year, usually in January and July, and the online application process begins a few months before the exam dates. The January session exam, also known as INI CET, is conducted on 5th November 2023 for INI CET and October 2023 for INI SS. INI CET is for MD/MS/M.CH (6-year course) candidates, while INI SS is for 3-year courses like DM/M.CH (3 years)/ Fellowship/ MD (Hospital Administrator). The AIIMS PG exam is known for its rigorous evaluation process and comprehensive syllabus, covering all major medical specialities. Successful candidates who qualify for the exam are eligible for admission to AIIMS and other associated medical institutions across India, depending on the course they have applied for.
AIIMS PG is important in shaping medical professionals’ careers and furthering medical advancements. It not only evaluates the knowledge and skills of candidates but also selects individuals with the potential to become future leaders and experts in their respective medical domains. Candidates must review the article below for details, such as the application form, exam dates, and eligibility, regarding AIIMS PG 2024.
AIIMS PG 2024 Quick links
AIIMS PG 2024 Important Dates
AIIMS will announce the AIIMS PG 2024 exam dates, and candidates must stay updated for important notifications. The following table outlines the tentative dates for AIIMS PG 2024, including key dates such as when the registration starts, application deadline, admit card availability, exam date, and result announcement:
INI CET (January session):
|Application form releases||15th September 2023|
|Last date to submit||5th October 2023|
|Status of basic registration & last date to rectify images||6th – 7th October 2023|
|Generation of examination unique code||27th – 13th October 2023|
|Checking final status||17th – 18th October 2023|
|The final status of online registration & release of admit card||30th October 2023|
|Exam Date||5th November 2023|
|Result||To be announced|
|Counselling starts||To be announced|
INI SS (January session):
|Application form releases||2nd week of September 2023|
|Last date to submit||3rd week of September 2023|
|Application status upload||To be announced|
|Document submission||To be announced|
|Finalisation of centres||To be announced|
|Admit card availability||To be announced|
|Exam date||To be announced|
|INI SS Result||To be announced|
|Result for stage I||To be announced|
|Departmental Assessment||To be announced|
|Final result||To be announced|
AIIMS PG 2024 Highlights
AIIMS PG 2024 is a highly competitive exam that demands dedicated preparation for students aiming for a promising academic future in the state. Below is the comprehensive table that presents all the essential information:
|Examination Name||AIIMS PG 2024|
|Full Form||All India Institute of Medical Sciences Postgraduate Entrance Examination|
|Common Name of the Examination||INI CET|
|Examination Conducting Body||All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), Delhi|
|Level of Examination||National Level|
|Frequency of the Examination||Twice a Year (January and July Session)|
|Courses offered||INI CET- MD/ MS (6 years)|
INI SS- DM/ M.Ch/ Hospital Administrator/ Fellowship ( 3 years)
|Medium of Examination||English|
|Courses Covered||MD, DM, MS, MCh, and MDS|
|Duration of Examination||3 Hours (180 Minutes)|
|Total Number of Questions||200|
|Examination Mode||Computer-based Test (CBT) Mode|
|Application mode||Online mode|
|Application Fees||Rs 2000/- for One School Program (+Rs 1000/- Additional for Each School Applied)|
AIIMS PG 2024 Courses Offered
Medical Education Specialties:
- Doctor of Medicine (MD): A postgraduate medical degree involving a three-year specialization in diverse medical domains. It delves into theoretical knowledge, practical skills, and clinical practice within the chosen field. AIIMS offers MD courses in Anatomy, Pediatrics, Dermatology, and Emergency Medicine.
- Master of Surgery (MS): A three-year postgraduate degree focusing on surgical expertise. It equips medical graduates with advanced surgical skills through hands-on training and theoretical learning. AIIMS provides MS courses in Surgery, Gynecology, Ophthalmology, and Orthopedics.
- Master of Dental Surgery (MDS): A three-year program enhancing dental skills in specialized areas. MDS includes clinical practice, research, and theoretical learning. AIIMS offers MDS courses in Orthodontics, Oral Surgery, and Periodontology.
- Master of Chirurgiae (M.Ch): A specialized postgraduate surgical degree of three years focusing on advanced surgical techniques. AIIMS provides M.Ch programs in Neurosurgery, Pediatric Surgery, and Urology.
- Doctorate of Medicine (DM): A super-specialization postgraduate degree in medical subspecialties. Over three years, medical graduates focus on clinical training, research, and theoretical study. AIIMS offers DM courses in Cardiology, Neurology, and Gastroenterology.
AIIMS PG 2024 Notification
The AIIMS PG 2024 Application Form has bee released on 15th September 2024. All Indian Institute of Medical Science (AIIMS) conducts this national-level entrance exam for candidates to pursue six years & 3 years of post-graduate medical courses. The exam is held in two sessions, January & July, respectively. For MD/ MS admission, the INI CET exam has been introduced by the official authority. Successful candidates of this exam will be eligible for admission to MD/ MS (6 years) courses in all AIIMS institutes across the country. On the other hand, admission to D.M/ M.Ch (3 years) courses will be based on the AIIMS PG entrance test, which is conducted annually by the AIIMS institution.
AIIMS PG 2024 Application Form
We have provided a detailed guide with essential information for applicants before they apply for the AIIMS PG 2024 Application Form. Candidates are advised to review the details of the AIIMS MBBS 2024 Application Form below:
- The application form for AIIMS PG 2024 will be available online on the official website of the conducting authority, AIIMS.
- Candidates can access the AIIMS PG 2024 application form from 15th September 2023. It is essential to check the official website during this period to ensure timely submission.
- Candidates must provide accurate and precise details when filling out the application form. This includes furnishing educational information, personal particulars, current address, and up-to-date contact information. Any discrepancies may lead to complications during the admission process.
- As part of the application process, applicants must upload scanned images of their photograph, signature, and other necessary documents. It is important to adhere strictly to the specified format the conducting authority provides to ensure a smooth submission.
- Candidates must submit only one application form to maintain fairness and prevent misuse. Any attempt to submit multiple forms will result in rejection.
- The deadline for submitting the AIIMS PG 2024 application form is 5th October 2023. Completing and submitting the form well before this date is important to avoid any last-minute technical glitches or potential delays.
- To rectify errors or make necessary changes, the conducting authority will offer a correction facility to candidates in April 2024. This facility will allow applicants to review their submitted information and make necessary amendments if required.
- Unlike traditional application procedures, candidates do not need to send a hard copy of the application form by post to the authority. The entire application process is online, making it convenient and efficient for applicants.
- After completing the application process, applicants should take a printout of the filled application form for their records. Keeping a safe copy of the submitted form will be useful for any future references or procedures related to the admission process.
AIIMS PG 2024 Application Fees
Candidates must pay the application fee online only. Offline payment methods will not be accepted. Online payment can be made using credit cards, debit cards, or net banking. It is important to note that the application fee is non-refundable under any circumstances. Please refer below for the category-wise fee structure of AIIMS MBBS (NEET) 2024.
|General category||Rs. 1700/-|
|General EWS/ OBC-NCL||Rs. 1600/-|
|SC/ ST/ PWD/ Transgender||Rs. 1000/-|
|Outside India candidates||Rs 9500/-|
How to Fill AIIMS PG Application Form
Check following the step-by-step procedure of how to fill AIIMS PG 2024 application form:
- Visit the Official Website: Start by visiting the official website of AIIMS, which is aiimsexams.ac.in, where all the information related to PG admissions will be available.
- Basic Registration: Begin by completing the basic registration process. This step usually involves providing basic information, such as name, email address, and mobile number, and creating a login ID and password.
- Fill out the Application Form: Once you have completed the basic registration, you must log in using the credentials you created. Fill in all the required details in the application form. This includes your personal information, educational qualifications, and any other information the application requires.
- Provide Personal and Communication Details: After filling out the main application form, provide your personal and communication details, including your permanent address, contact number, email address, etc.
- Upload Photograph and Signature: Upload your recent passport-sized photograph and signature in the prescribed format. Ensure the photograph is clear and meets the specified size and resolution requirements.
- Verify the Details: Before proceeding further, review all the details you entered into the application form to ensure accuracy. Check for any errors or missing information and make corrections if necessary.
- Submit the Application Fee: Next, submit the application fee per your chosen course and category. The fee can usually be paid online through various payment methods like credit/debit cards, net banking, or other available options.
- Confirmation Page: A confirmation page will appear on the screen once the payment is successful. This page serves as proof of the successful submission of the application. It contains essential details such as your application number and payment status.
- Print the Confirmation Page: Take a printout of the confirmation page and keep it safe for future reference. It may be required during counselling or admission.
- Complete the Process: Congratulations! You have completed the application process for AIIMS PG courses. Note important dates and monitor further updates regarding entrance exams, counselling schedules, and other related information.
When applying for AIIMS PG 2024 courses, you must submit various documents supporting your application. Here is a list of important documents while filling out the AIIMS PG 2024 application form:
- Photograph: A recent passport-sized photograph that meets the specified size and format requirements.
- Signature: Scanned image of your signature in black ink, adhering to the prescribed format.
- Educational Qualification Certificates: Mark sheets and passing certificates of your MBBS degree, including any additional qualifications or degrees you may possess.
- Internship Completion Certificate: A certificate verifying the completion of your compulsory rotating internship or a certificate of experience if you are already working.
- Category Certificate: If you belong to a reserved category (SC/ST/OBC/EWS), you must provide a valid and current category certificate issued by the appropriate authority.
- Registration Certificate: Certificate from the Medical Council or State Medical Council indicating that you are registered as a medical practitioner.
- Identity Proof: A government-issued identity proof, such as an Aadhar card, voter ID, passport, or driver’s license.
- Date of Birth (DOB) Proof: Certificates verifying your date of birth, such as a birth certificate or Class 10 mark sheet.
- Internship Experience Certificate: A certificate from the institute/hospital where you completed your internship, specifying the period and disciplines.
- Domicile Certificate: If applicable, a domicile or residential certificate proving your residency status in a particular state or region.
- Disability Certificate: If you are applying under the Persons with Disability (PwD) category, you will need a valid disability certificate issued by a competent authority.
- No Objection Certificate (NOC): If you are currently employed, you may need to provide a NOC from your employer, stating their consent for you to pursue higher education.
- Any other Relevant Certificates: Depending on the specific requirements of the course, there might be additional documents needed, such as research publications, awards, or experience certificates.
AIIMS PG 2024 Application Correction
The conducting authority of AIIMS PG 2024 generally provides a correction facility for candidates to make changes or corrections in their submitted application forms. However, here is a general step-by-step guide for correcting the AIIMS PG 2024 application form:
- Visit the AIIMS Official Website: Go to the official website of AIIMS (All India Institute of Medical Sciences) and navigate to the PG admissions section.
- Log in to Your Account: Log in using your credentials. You may need to register first if you have not created an account.
- Locate Application Correction: Find the link or tab for “Application Correction” or “Edit Application” on the website. This link is usually made available after the application submission window has closed.
- Review and Edit Information: Click on the “Application Correction” link, and you will be able to review the details you provided during the initial application process. You can make changes to certain fields that are allowed to be edited.
- Upload Corrected Documents (if applicable). If you find any mistakes in the documents you uploaded during the application, you may get the option to re-upload the corrected documents.
- Pay Correction Fee: In some cases, if you make corrections after a specified date, you might need to pay a correction fee. If applicable, check the official AIIMS website for information regarding the correction fee.
- Save and Submit Changes: After making the necessary corrections, review the changes carefully and save the modified application.
- Print Updated Application: Form Once you have successfully submitted the corrected information, take a printout of the updated application form for your reference.
- Check for Confirmation: After the correction process, check your registered email or AIIMS account to ensure the changes have been saved and confirmed.
- Contact AIIMS: If you encounter any issues during the application correction process or have specific queries, contact AIIMS directly using the contact details provided on their website.
AIIMS PG 2024 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who have completed their MBBS degree and obtained registration from the Medical Council of India or any State Medical Council after the compulsory rotating internship can apply for the AIIMS PG 2024 January & July Session Application Form. Fulfilling these requirements enables them to seek admission to the esteemed AIIMS for postgraduate medical programs.
The AIIMS PG 2024 entrance exam opens doors to specialised courses such as MS and MD. Prospective applicants are advised to review the official AIIMS PG 2024 prospectus or website for specific application procedures and important dates to ensure a successful application process for their preferred session.
Indian Nationals, OCI/ NRI, and Foreign Nationals can apply for the exam
Any eligible candidate, irrespective of their age, can apply
- Candidates must have completed their MBBS degree and obtained registration from the Medical Council of India (MCI) or any State Medical Council after completing the compulsory rotating internship.
- For admission to the MS and MD programs, the MBBS degree must be from a recognised university by the Council of India.
- Candidates must complete 12 months of rotating practical training and internship for the July session on or before July 2024.
- Candidates in the general category must have attained at least 55% marks in MBBS, while candidates in the SC/ST category must have attained at least 50% marks in MBBS.
For INI CET
To be eligible for the INI CET exam, candidates must fulfil the following criteria:
- Qualification: Candidates must have completed their MBBS degree from a recognised institution approved by the Medical Council of India (MCI) or the National Medical Commission (NMC). Additionally, they should have finished the mandatory one-year rotating internship or practical training period on or before 31st July 2024.
- Percentage: Candidates must score at least 55% marks in their MBBS degree. However, for candidates in the SC/ST category, a relaxation of 5% is granted, requiring them to obtain at least 50% marks.
- Nationality: The INI CET is open to Indian Nationals, Overseas Citizens of India (OCI), Non-Resident Indians (NRI), and foreign nationals.
- Appearing: Those appearing in their final qualifying examination in the year of admission can also apply for the INI CET exam. However, they must ensure that they meet the other eligibility criteria at the time of admission.
For INI SS:
The eligibility criteria for the INI SS exam are as follows:
- Qualification: Candidates must have completed their MD/MS degree from any medical board or university approved by the Medical Council of India (MCI).
- Age Limit: As of 1st January 2024, candidates should not be over 35. However, candidates from the OBC category get a relaxation of 3 years in the upper age limit, while those from the SC/ST category get a relaxation of 5 years.
- Appearing: Candidates pursuing their MD/MS degree and appearing in their final qualifying examination can apply for the INI SS exam.
AIIMS PG 2024 Exam Pattern
Below are the detailed AIIMS PG 2024 Exam Pattern details:
INI CET Exam Pattern
- Mode of Exam: The INI CET 2024 will be conducted through an online mode, commonly known as the Computer-Based Test (CBT). Candidates will take the exam on a computer interface, providing a user-friendly and efficient testing environment.
- Questions Type: The paper will consist of multiple-choice questions (MCQ). Candidates will have multiple options for each question and must select the correct answer from the given choices.
- No. of Questions: In the INI CET 2024 exam, there will be a total of 200 questions. These questions will cover various subjects and topics related to the medical field.
- Time Duration: Aspirants will be given 3 hours to solve the question paper. This duration allows candidates to carefully read and analyse the questions, ensuring a well-paced and focused approach to the examination.
- Marking Scheme: Candidates will be awarded one mark for each correct answer. This positive marking system encourages accurate responses and rewards candidates for their knowledge and understanding of the subjects.
- Negative Marking: Candidates must be cautious, as there will be a negative marking of -1/3 marks for each incorrect answer. This means that a fraction of a mark will be deducted for each wrong response, discouraging random guessing and promoting thoughtful answering.
INI SS Exam Pattern
- Mode of Exam: The examination for this particular assessment will be conducted through an online mode, commonly referred to as a Computer-Based Test (CBT). This modern testing approach enables candidates to navigate the question paper and provide answers using a computer interface.
- Questions Type: The question paper will comprise Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs), where candidates will be presented with several options for each question. They must carefully analyse the provided choices and select the correct answer.
- No. of Questions: 80 questions will constitute the paper, covering various subjects and topics relevant to the assessment.
- Time Duration: Candidates will be allotted 1 hour and 30 minutes to tackle the question paper. This well-distributed timeframe allows them to answer questions thoughtfully and manage their time efficiently during the exam.
- Marking Scheme: Each correct response will be rewarded with a +1 mark, encouraging candidates to demonstrate their knowledge and accuracy in answering the questions. However, a penalty for incorrect answers will be imposed to promote careful answering and discourage random guessing. For each wrong response, a deduction of -1/3 marks will be applied.
- Medium: The question paper will be in English, ensuring a standardised communication medium for all candidates.
Subject-wise marks distribution and number of questions
Subject-wise marks distribution and the number of questions for the AIIMS PG 2024 (MD/MS and MDS) are as follows:
For MD/MS Courses:
- Mode: Online
- Duration: 180 minutes (3 hours)
- Language: English
- Type of Questions: Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)
- Number of Questions: 200
- Marking Scheme: Each correct response will be awarded 1 mark.
For MDS Course:
- Mode: Online
- Duration: 90 minutes (1.5 hours)
- Language: English
- Type of Questions: Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)
- Number of Questions: 90
- Marking Scheme: Each correct response will be awarded 1 mark.
- For each wrong answer, there will be a deduction of 0.33 marks.
Subject-wise questions distribution:
|Subjects||No. of questions|
|Aptitude & Logical Thinking||10|
AIIMS PG 2024 Syllabus
The syllabus is like a map showing the important areas to study. The INI CET syllabus has three main parts: Pre-clinical, Para-clinical, and Clinical.
These parts cover different subjects that doctors need to know about. For example, you will study anatomy, which is about understanding how the body is structured, and medicine, which is about treating diseases. There’s also pathology, which is about understanding why diseases happen, and gynaecology, which is about women’s health.
Knowing the syllabus helps you make a good plan for your study. Focusing on the topics mentioned in the syllabus, you can prepare better for the INI CET 2024 exam. So, it’s like knowing the way before you start a journey – it helps you get ready and do well in the exam.
Subjects to be covered in INI CET 2024 January Session Syllabus:
|Pre-Clinical Subjects||Para-Clinical Subjects||Clinical Subjects|
|Anatomy||Forensic Medicine||Community Medicine|
|–||Community Medicine||Clinical Postings|
|–||–||Surgery & Allied Subjects|
|–||–||Medicine and Allied Subjects|
INI CET Syllabus 2024: Topics to be Covered in Pre-Clinical Subjects
INI CET syllabus for Anatomy
- Gross Anatomy
- Embryology & Genetics
INI CET syllabus for Biochemistry
- Biological Cell
- Hormones and PH
- Food Assimilation and Nutrition
- Molecular Biology
- Metabolic Pathways
- Environmental Biochemistry
- Physiological Buffer Systems
- Cancer and Cancer Makers
INI CET syllabus for Physiology
- Gastrointestinal System
- General Physiology
- Respiratory System
- Cardiovascular System
- Sensory System
- The Visceral and Motivational System
- Motor System
- Special Senses
- Sleep and Higher Nervous Functions
INI CET Syllabus 2024: Topics to be Covered in Para-Clinical Subjects
INI CET syllabus for Pathology
- Complement System
- Coronary Artery Disease
- Tumour Markers
- Glomerulonephritis Flow Cytometry
- Barrett Esophagus
- Pedigree Analysis
- Thyroid Carcinoma
INI CET syllabus for Pharmacology
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Molecular and Cellular Pharmacology
INI CET syllabus for Forensic Medicine
- Firearm Injuries
- Seminal Stains
- Types and Signs of Drowning
- IPC Sections
- Bites of various insects
- Different doctrine
- Autopsy methods of organ removal
- Rigor Mortis
- Cadaveric Spasm
- Blast Injuries
- Torture Methods
INI CET syllabus for Microbiology
- Immunodeficiency disorders
- Heterophile Antigen
- Lab diagnosis, species identification and relapse regarding Malaria
- Mycoplasma pneumonia
- Eggs in Parasitology
- Dimorphic fungi
- Viral Hepatitis Serology
- Life cycle
INI CET Syllabus 2024: Topics to be covered in Clinical Subjects
INI CET syllabus for Obstetrics
- Postpartum Haemorrhage
- Antepartum Haemorrhage
- Uterine rupture
- Uterine inversion
- Biophysical profile
- Induction of labour
- Indications of caesarean section
- Hyperemesis gravidarum
INI CET syllabus for Pediatrics
- Acute respiratory insufficiency program
- Respiratory distress syndrome
- Developmental milestones
- Neonatal jaundice
- Neonatal sepsis
- Neonatal resuscitation
- Tetralogy of Fallot
- Bronchial Asthma
- Nephrotic syndrome
- Vitamins and mineral deficiency
- Dengue fever
INI CET syllabus for Gynaecology
- Symptoms of ovulation
- The process to manage the Fibroid uterus and prolapse of the uterus
- Details of Trichomonas, Candida, Gonococcus
- Bacterial vaginosis
- Emergency contraception
- Contraception and sterilisation
- Supports of uterus
- Menstrual cycle
- Postmenopausal bleeding
INI CET syllabus for Clinical Postings
- Internal Medicine
- General Surgery
- Family Welfare Clinic
- Health Education Unit
- Elective Posting
INI CET syllabus for Community Medicine
- Man and Medicine
- Concept on Health and Disease
- Environment and Health
- Medicine and Social Science
- Screening for Disease
- Hospital Waste Management
- Concept on Epidemiology
- Epidemiology on Commutable and non-commutable disease
- Demography and family planning
- Nutrition and Health
- Types of preventive medicine for paediatrics obstetrics and geriatrics
- Genetics and Health
- Mental Health
INI CET syllabus for Surgery and Allied Subjects
INI CET syllabus for Medicine and Allied Subjects
AIIMS PG 2024 Best Book
Selecting study materials for INI CET 2024 preparation can be overwhelming due to the abundance of options available. Many candidates find themselves indecisive about which books to refer to. It is recommended to opt for comprehensive books that cover all topics, use simple language, and provide clear explanations. Different individuals may have varying preferences and convenience when choosing study materials.
To help candidates, we have compiled a list of some of the best books to ace their preparation for AIIMS PG 2024.
|Name of the book||Author|
|AIIMS Essence||Pritesh Singh|
|Self-Assessment and review of INI-CET||Manoj Chaudhary:|
|How do you not miss things?: NEET PG/INI CET high yield topics||Dr Shivaam Kesarwaani|
|Review of all recent papers of Central PG Entrance Exam 2019||Arvind Arora|
|Review of Postgraduate Medical Entrance Examination Vol -1|
Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, Pathology & Microbiology
|Amit Ashish Arvind|
AIIMS PG 2024 Mock Test
Practising mock tests is highly recommended to prepare effectively for the AIIMS PG 2024 exam. Mock tests simulate the actual exam conditions and help you become familiar with the exam pattern, time management, and the types of questions asked. Here are some options for AIIMS PG 2024 mock tests:
- Official AIIMS Website: Visit the official AIIMS website and check if they provide any official mock tests or sample questions for AIIMS PG 2024 exam preparation.
- Coaching Institutes: Many reputed coaching institutes specialising in medical entrance exams offer mock tests for AIIMS PG. You can search for such institutes online or in your local area.
- Online Test Platforms: Several online platforms offer AIIMS PG 2024 mock practice tests. Some popular platforms include Prepladder, Marrow, EduGorilla, etc.
- Books and Study Material: Many AIIMS PG preparation books include mock tests and previous year’s question papers. These can be valuable resources for practice.
- Medical Forums: Some medical forums and groups may share AIIMS PG mock tests or practice questions. Look for such resources online.
AIIMS PG 2024 Preparation Tips
Here are some valuable tips and tricks to help you prepare effectively for the AIIMS PG examination:
- Understand the Syllabus: Familiarise yourself with the AIIMS PG exam syllabus. It will help you focus on the relevant topics and prioritise your preparation accordingly.
- Create a Study Schedule: Plan a well-structured study schedule with dedicated time for each subject. Allocate more time to subjects/topics you find challenging and revise regularly.
- Use Standard Study Material: Refer to standard textbooks and materials recommended for AIIMS PG preparation. Avoid relying solely on multiple resources, which may lead to confusion.
- Practice with Mock Tests: Regularly take AIIMS PG mock tests and the previous year’s question papers. It will help you understand the exam pattern, improve time management, and identify your strengths and weaknesses.
- Analyse Performance: After taking mock tests, analyse your performance to identify improvement areas. Work on strengthening your weaker subjects and reviewing topics with which you struggled.
- Solve MCQs and Practice Questions: Solve as many MCQs (Multiple Choice Questions) and practice questions as possible. This will enhance your problem-solving skills and improve your accuracy.
- Revise Regularly: Consistent revision is essential to retain learned information. Create concise notes or flashcards for quick revision during the last few days before the exam.
- Focus on Clinical Subjects: AIIMS PG exams usually emphasise clinical subjects, so focus on topics related to Medicine, Surgery, Pediatrics, Obstetrics & Gynecology, etc.
- Time Management: Practice solving questions within the time limit to improve your speed and efficiency during the exam.
- Stay Healthy: Maintain a balanced diet, get enough sleep, and engage in physical activities to stay mentally and physically fit during your preparation.
- Join Test Series or Coaching: Consider enrolling in a test series or coaching program to receive expert guidance, additional study materials, and personalised feedback on your performance.
AIIMS PG 2024 Exam Centres
AIIMS, New Delhi, has released the list of exam cities for AIIMS PG 2024, detailing the available test centres in each state. When completing the AIIMS PG 2024 application form, candidates are encouraged to review the comprehensive list of exam centres to select their preferred options based on convenience.
Below are the AIIMS PG test centres released by AIIMS, Delhi.
|State||INI CET Exam Cities|
|Delhi||Delhi NCR (Delhi/New Delhi/Noida/Greater Noida)|
|Jammu and Kashmir||Jammu|
Required Documents at the Exam time
Here are some commonly required documents you must have and carry to the exam centre:
- Admit Card: Your admit card/hall ticket is the most important document. It proves your registration and allows you to enter the exam hall.
- Photo ID Proof: Carry a valid government-issued photo ID, such as an Aadhar card, Passport, Voter ID, Driving License, or PAN card. Ensure the ID’s name matches the name on your admit card.
- Passport-sized Photograph: Carry a few passport-sized photographs per the specifications mentioned in the admit card or exam instructions.
AIIMS PG 2024 Online Examination Instruction & Guidelines
Here are some general AIIMS PG 2024 online examination instructions and guidelines:
- Admit Card: Download the AIIMS PG Admit Card (hall ticket) to the exam centre. It is essential for verification and entry into the examination hall.
- Valid ID Proof: Carry a valid government-issued photo ID, such as an Aadhar card, Passport, Voter ID, Driving License, or PAN card. The name on the ID must match the name on the admit card.
- Exam Schedule: Be aware of the exam date, time, and reporting time. Reach the exam centre well in advance to avoid any last-minute rush.
- Online Platform: The AIIMS PG exam is usually conducted on a secure online platform. Familiarise yourself with the exam interface and layout during the mock tests.
- Technical Requirements: Ensure your computer or laptop meets the minimum technical requirements specified by the conducting authority for a smooth online exam experience.
- Internet Connectivity: Ensure you have a stable internet connection to avoid disruptions during the exam.
- Exam Duration: Be aware of the total exam duration and the time allotted for each section or subject.
- Question Format: AIIMS PG exams usually consist of multiple-choice questions (MCQs). Read the instructions for each question carefully.
- Marking Scheme: Understand the marking scheme, including the number of marks awarded for correct answers and any negative marking for incorrect answers.
- Rough Work: The exam platform may provide virtual rough sheets or notepads. Use them to solve calculations or make notes.
- Submission: Submit your answers before the designated time expires. The system may auto-submit if you do not do so within the allocated time.
- Exam Rules: Follow all the exam rules and guidelines the conducting authority provides to ensure fair and smooth exam conduct.
- COVID-19 Protocols: If the exam is conducted during the COVID-19 pandemic, follow the safety guidelines issued by the conducting authority, such as wearing masks and maintaining social distancing.
AIIMS PG 2024 Admit Card
The authority will issue the AIIMS MBBS Admit Card in the fourth week of April 2024. It will be accessible online on the official website, and candidates can download it using their login credentials. To appear in the examination, candidates must carry an admit card and valid identity proof.
Candidates must have a valid admit card as it serves as the entry pass for the examination. To ensure accuracy, they should verify all the printed details on the admit card, such as their name, roll number, enrolment number, exam venue, exam date, and time.
How to Download Admit Card
To download the AIIMS MBBS Admit Card, follow these steps:
- Visit the official AIIMS website: Go to the official website of AIIMS (All India Institute of Medical Sciences) where the admit card will be available. The website URL is usually “https://www.aiimsexams.ac.in/”.
- Login to your account: Look for the link or section related to AIIMS MBBS Admit Card download. You must log in using your registration/application number and password created during the application process.
- Access your Admit Card: After logging in, you should find a link to download the AIIMS MBBS Admit Card. Click on it to access your admit card.
- Review the details: Once the admit card is displayed, carefully check all the printed details, including your name, roll number, exam date, time, venue, and other relevant information.
- Download and Print: If all the details are correct, click the “Download” button to save the admit card as a PDF file. Make sure to take a printout of the admit card, preferably in colour, as it will be required to appear for the examination.
- Verify Identity Proof: With the printed admit card, carry a valid photo identity proof (such as an Aadhar card, passport, voter ID, etc.) to the examination centre.
- Preserve the Admit Card: Keep the admit card safe during counselling and admission.
AIIMS PG 2024 Result
The AIIMS MBBS 2024 Result will be announced online in the first week of June 2024. Only candidates who have appeared for the NEET examination will have access to their results. The AIIMS MBBS Result will be accessible through the candidates’ portal, and candidates need to take a printout of the result for admission purposes.
The authority will prepare the AIIMS MBBS 2024 Result based on the final answer key. Candidates will be shortlisted for the further admission procedure based on their results.
How to check the AIIMS PG Result
To check the AIIMS PG result, follow these general steps:
- Visit the Official Website: Go to the official website of AIIMS (All India Institute of Medical Sciences) or the specific AIIMS branch conducting the PG exam.
- Login or Result Section: Look for the “Result” or “Examination” section on the website’s homepage. Alternatively, there might be a specific login portal for candidates to access their results.
- Enter Credentials: Provide the required login credentials, including your application number, roll number, date of birth, or other details as specified.
- View Result: Once successfully logged in, you can view your AIIMS PG exam result. The result may display your overall score, subject-wise scores, and other relevant information.
- Download and Print: Download your result or take a printout for future reference. Keeping a copy of the result for further admission procedures is essential.
- Check Merit List: If AIIMS PG admissions are based on a merit list, check if your name appears on the list and any relevant details related to counselling or further admission rounds.
- Follow Further Instructions: After checking the result, follow any further instructions AIIMS provides regarding counselling, seat allotment, or other admission-related processes.
AIIMS PG 2023 Cut Off
AIIMS MBBS 2024 Cut Off marks will be released online, and candidates must achieve the minimum cut-off marks to be considered eligible for admission. The release of the AIIMS MBBS Cut-Off will follow the announcement of the exam results in June 2024.
The cut-off marks will be determined separately for candidates of all categories. They will be influenced by factors such as the number of students who appeared in the exam, seat availability, difficulty level, and reservation policies.
How to check Merit List
To check the Merit List, follow these general steps:
- Visit the Official Website: Go to the official website of AIIMS (All India Institute of Medical Sciences) or the specific AIIMS branch conducting the exam.
- Look for the Merit List or Results Section: On the website’s homepage, search for the “Merit List” or “Results” section. It is usually prominently displayed for easy access.
- Choose the Relevant Exam: If AIIMS conducts multiple exams, select the one for which you appeared to view the merit list.
- Download the Merit List: Once you are in the appropriate section, the Merit List will be made available for download. Click on the link or button provided to access the list.
- Search for Your Name/Roll Number: Open the Merit List document and search for your name, roll number, or registration number. The list is generally arranged in rank-wise order.
- Verify Details: Check your details carefully to ensure accuracy. The merit list may also display additional information such as category rank, subject-wise rank, etc.
- Save or Print the Merit List: Download it and save it on your device for future reference. You can also take a printout if needed.
- Follow Further Instructions: After checking the Merit List, follow any further instructions provided by AIIMS regarding counselling, seat allotment, or other admission-related processes if applicable.
AIIMS PG 2024 Counseling
Counselling will be started for the AIIMS MBBS by MCC (Medical Counselling Committee). Counselling will be completed based on various procedures like seat allotment, document verification etc. Shortlisted candidates will be called for further rounds at the institute.
AIIMS MBBS Counselling will be organised through online mode. Seats will be allocated to the candidates based on their marks in the exam, availability of seats, choice filling, etc. Candidates will have to report to the institute after the allotment of the seat for document verification.
Requirement Documents at the Counseling Time
During the verification process, candidates must present the following list of documents:
- AIIMS PG 2024 Admit Card: The admit card is an important document confirming the candidate’s eligibility for counselling.
- AIIMS PG 2024 Score Card: The scorecard reflects the candidate’s performance in the AIIMS PG entrance examination and is necessary for seat allocation.
- MBBS/BDS Degree Certificate: Candidates must provide proof of their completed MBBS/BDS degree, a prerequisite for PG course admission.
- Date of Birth (D.O.B) Proof: A valid document, such as a birth certificate or government-issued identification, is required to verify the candidate’s date of birth.
- Certificate of Completing Internship: Candidates should present a certificate confirming completing their compulsory rotating internship.
- Medical Registration Certificate: A valid medical registration certificate from the Medical Council of India or the respective State Medical Council is essential for verification.
- 10th/12th Level Certificate: These certificates prove the candidate’s educational qualifications at the secondary and higher secondary levels.
- Registration Slip: The registration slip from the AIIMS PG application process acknowledges the candidate’s application and eligibility.
- Category Certificate (if required): Candidates belonging to reserved categories should provide a valid category certificate issued by the competent authority.
- Offer Letter/Counseling Call Letter: The official offer letter or counselling call letter provided by AIIMS confirms the state’s selection for admission to the PG program.
AIIMS PG Seat Reservation
For AIIMS PG Admissions, a significant portion of the total post-graduate seats, which constitutes 49.5%, is reserved exclusively for candidates belonging to specific categories, namely Scheduled Tribes (ST), Scheduled Castes (SC), and Other Backward Classes (OBC) falling under the Non-creamy layer category. This reservation excludes seats designated for Sponsored/Foreign National candidates.
The category-wise reservation of seats for AIIMS PG 2022 is as follows:
|Category||Percentage of Reservation|
|Students graduated from AIIMS||25.25%|
|General + Sponsored/Foreign National||25.25%|
|Scheduled Category (SC)||15%|
|Scheduled Tribes (ST)||7.50%|
Seat Reservation Criteria for Orthopedic, Physically Handicapped Candidates:
The eligibility criteria for Orthopedically Physically Handicapped (OPH) candidates applying for AIIMS PG 2020 are the same as those applicable to other category students. OPH candidates must provide a valid document certifying their physical disability issued by a duly constituted and authorized Medical Board from State or Central Government Hospitals/Institutions.
For the MD/MS programme, AIIMS reserves 3% of the total seats for OPH candidates. Seat allocation is based on their merit rank within the reserved OPH category. If seats remain vacant after the counselling process, they will be filled by candidates from the general category. However, for the MDS programme, no seats are reserved for OPH candidates.
OPH candidates with a disability ranging from 50% to 70% in their lower limbs are considered for the reserved category admissions. If OPH candidates with a 50-70% disability are not available and some seats remain unfilled, candidates with a disability of 40-50% on their lower limbs will be allowed to fill those vacant seats.
AIIMS PG 2024 Admission Process
The AIIMS PG 2024 admission process involves several steps, from application to the final seat allocation. Here is a general overview of the AIIMS PG admission process:
- Online Registration: Candidates must register online on the official AIIMS website for the PG entrance exam. They must provide basic personal information, contact details and create login credentials.
- Application Form: After registration, candidates must fill out the AIIMS PG application form, providing educational details, category, and preferred exam centres.
- Payment of Application Fee: Candidates must pay the prescribed application fee online using available payment methods.
- Admit Card: Upon successful application submission, candidates can download their AIIMS PG admit card from the official website. The admit card contains the exam date, time, and exam centre details.
- Entrance Examination: Candidates must appear for the AIIMS PG entrance examination, typically conducted online and computer-based. The exam includes multiple-choice questions covering various subjects and topics relevant to the course.
- Declaration of Result: AIIMS releases the result of the PG entrance examination on its official website. Candidates can check their scores and rank in the result.
- Counselling Process: Shortlisted candidates based on the merit list will be invited for the counselling process. During counselling, candidates must exercise their choices of preferred institutes and courses.
- Seat Allocation: Based on the ranks obtained in the entrance exam and preferences exercised during counselling, seats will be allocated to candidates in different AIIMS institutions.
- Document Verification: Candidates must present the required documents for verification during the counselling process.
- Final Admission: After document verification and seat allocation, candidates must complete the formalities for final admission to the allotted AIIMS institution.
AIIMS INI CET Participating Colleges 2024
AIIMS PG (Postgraduate) entrance exam is conducted for admission to various postgraduate medical courses offered by the prestigious All India Institutes of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) across India. The participating institutes for AIIMS PG include
- AIIMS, New Delhi: The main and original institute, AIIMS Delhi, offers a wide range of postgraduate medical courses with world-class facilities and renowned faculty.
- AIIMS, Bhopal: AIIMS Bhopal is another premier institute offering postgraduate medical education and healthcare services.
- AIIMS, Jodhpur: AIIMS Jodhpur is dedicated to providing the region’s quality medical education and healthcare.
- AIIMS, Rishikesh: AIIMS Rishikesh offers various postgraduate medical courses emphasising medical research and education excellence.
- AIIMS, Raipur: AIIMS Raipur aims to provide quality healthcare and medical education to the region’s people.
- AIIMS, Patna: AIIMS Patna is committed to training and producing competent medical professionals in various specialities.
- AIIMS, Bhubaneswar: AIIMS Bhubaneswar offers a wide array of postgraduate medical courses, striving for excellence in healthcare and research.
AIIMS PG 2024 Contact Information
Here’s the Contact Information for AIIMS PG 2024:
- Address: Examination Section, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Ansari Nagar, New Delhi 110608.
- Location: Convergence Block, 1st Floor [Monday to Friday: 9.30 AM to 5.00 PM, Saturday: 9.30 AM to 1.00 PM]
- Website: www.aiimsexams.ac.in
- Telephone Numbers: +91-11-26588500, +91-11-26588700, +91-11-26589900 (Ext. 4499)
- Fax Numbers: +91-11-26588663, +91-11-26588641
- E-mail IDs: Assistant Controller of Examinations: email@example.com
AIIMS PG is a highly prestigious and sought-after medical entrance examination in India. It is an important gateway for medical professionals pursuing post-graduate medical courses at esteemed AIIMS institutes. A Computer-Based Test (CBT) examination format at designated centres attracts thousands of medical students nationwide. Successful candidates gain admission to MD/MS (6-year) courses across various AIIMS colleges, while D.M/M.Ch (3-year) courses have a separate entrance test. The tag of being an AIIMS graduate holds immense value, commanding respect from the medical community and symbolising excellence in medical education. AIIMS PG reflects the unwavering commitment and passion of medical aspirants dedicated to contributing significantly to the field of medicine and healthcare in India.
AIIMS PG 2023 FAQs
Can I fill out an application for AIIMS PG 2024 through offline mode?
No, the AIIMS PG 2024 application mode is online, meaning candidates must submit their applications through the official AIIMS website. Offline submissions are not accepted.
I belong to the OBC category. What will be the application fee for me?
For the AIIMS PG 2024 application, the Application Fee varies by category. General and OBC candidates must pay INR 1500, while SC/ST candidates have a reduced fee of INR 1200.
Do I need to send a hard copy of the application form to the authority?
AIIMS PG 2024 applications were submitted online, and there was no need to send the authority a hard copy of the application form.
For which courses is AIIMS PG (INI CET exam) conducted?
AIIMS Delhi conducts the Institute of National Importance Combined Entrance Test (INI CET) 2024 exam for admission to Doctor of Medicine (MD), Master of Surgery (MS), Master of Dental Surgery (MDS), Doctorate of Medicine (DM), Master of Chirurgiae (MCh). INI CET exam is conducted twice a year for January and July sessions.
I want to be admitted to DM/ M.Ch (3 years) courses in AIIMS; which exam do I need to apply for?
To pursue DM/M.Ch (3 years) courses at AIIMS 2024, you must apply for the INI CET (Institute of National Importance Combined Entrance Test) exam, which is conducted for admission to various postgraduate medical courses at AIIMS and other affiliated institutions.
Can I rectify made mistakes in the application form?
The authority issues the admit card only to the candidates; those application forms and images will be found correct in all respects. Corrections can be done through the login window of the applicant. After correcting the application form, candidates can check their application status.
I scored 40%. Am I eligible to apply?
Are there any age limit criteria for the exam?
In which mode INI CET exam 2024 will be held?
In the qualifying degree, applicants must have scored at least 55% marks (50% for reserved category candidates or foreign nationals). The INI CET exam has no upper age limit, but candidates must be at least 17 years old as of 31st December 2023 to be eligible. The mode of application for the AIIMS PG 2024 is online, which means candidates must submit their applications through the official AIIMS website.
Why is INI CET 2023 conducted?
INI CET exam will be conducted to provide admission to PG courses that include MD/MS/DM/MC/MDS. INI CET, which stands for Institute of National Importance Combined Entrance Test, is a national entrance test conducted twice a year, one for January and another in July.
What particulars cannot be edited in AIIMS PG Application Form?
Some particulars in the AIIMS PG application form were generally not editable after submission. These included the candidate’s name, date of birth, category, and exam city preferences. It’s important to review all information carefully before the final submission.
Who and when should I contact if there is a mistake in the question of AIIMS PG?
If you find a mistake in the AIIMS PG exam question, you should immediately bring it to the notice of the exam authorities or the invigilator present during the exam. After the exam, you can also contact the AIIMS authorities to report the issue through their official contact portal.
What is the method of determining merit in AIIMS PG?
The merit in AIIMS PG was determined based on the candidate’s performance in the INI CET (Institute of National Importance Combined Entrance Test). The INI CET is a computer-based test that assesses the knowledge and skills of candidates, and the merit list is prepared according to the scores obtained in the exam.
What is the minimum cut-off score in the AIIMS PG exam?
The AIIMS Delhi 2024 cutoff details for the MS course are based on NEET PG. The minimum AIIMS Delhi cutoff 2024 score required for the general category is 270. All India Institute of Medical Science, Raipur in India has the lowest cutoff among all AIIMS. According to NIRF Ranking 2024, AIIMS Delhi has been ranked number 1 among all AIIMS colleges.
What are percentile scores in the AIIMS PG exam?
In the AIIMS PG exam, the percentile score is a relative ranking measure that indicates the percentage of candidates who scored equal to or below a particular candidate’s score. For example, if a candidate’s percentile score is 90, they performed better than 90% of the candidates who appeared for the exam. Percentile scores are used to determine the relative performance of candidates and are commonly used in competitive exams to rank candidates based on their performance.