Latest Applications Open 2023:
JNU 2023 Counselling for PG Course has been Started on 27th July 2023 through CUET-PG Scores. Counselling for UG Course has been Started on 16th July 2023 through CUET(UG) Score. The result for PG Courses has been Declared on 20th July 2023 through CUET (PG). MBA Application Form has been Released on 20th January 2023. JNU is one of the most reputed universities in India and is famous for its education and other promising aspects. JNU stands for Jawaharlal Nehru University, which was established in the year 1969 in the year New Delhi. JNU admission will begin the month of April 2023 for different Undergraduate and Postgraduate programs. All aspiring candidates who wish to be part of this prestigious institution must prepare for the entrance exam.
Candidates must note that the new criteria for admission to the university are through CUET, which stands for Common University Entrance Test. CUET is a national-level entrance exam conducted by the National Testing Agency for providing admission into several Undergraduate courses and different postgraduate programs in the University. Any other method of admission is not followed.
The CUET exam will help in shortlisting the candidates for getting admission to UG and PG programs that are offered at JNU. JNU provides admission to candidates in Computer Science, Engineering, Arts and Humanities, and so on. If you are one of the aspirants, this is the right place for you, as the article focuses on several aspects of the exam.
JNU Admission 2023 Notification – Counselling Started
JNU Admission 2023 Result for PG Courses has been Declared on 20th July 2023 through CUET(PG). Click Here to Check the Result Details.
JNU Admission 2023 Result for UG Courses has been Declared on 15th July 2023 through CUET(UG). Click Here to Check the Result Details.
Latest Applications For Various UG & PG Courses Open 2023
- Jaipur National University, Jaipur | Admissions Open for All Courses 2023. Apply Now
- Manav Rachna University, Haryana| Admissions Open for All Courses 2023. Apply Now
- IIAD, Delhi | Admissions Open for All Courses 2023. Apply Now
- GNIOT, Greater Noida | Admissions Open for All Courses 2023. Apply Now
- Alliance University, Karnataka | Admissions Open for All Courses 2023. Apply Now
JNU 2023 Final Answer Key for UG Courses has been Released on 12th July 2023 through CUET(UG). Click Here to View the Answer Key.
JNU Admission 2023 Quick Links
JNU Admission 2023 Highlights
Candidates must be aware of the exam overview before proceeding into the details. The broad overview of the exam is listed below; candidates should note the same for future purposes. The section provides information regarding the exam level, dates, pattern, official website, exam name, full form, etc.
Candidates must not simply go into the detailed application form but look for the broad aspects of the exam. Let us take a look.
|Name of the University||JNU (Jawaharlal Nehru University)|
|Exam conducting authorities||National Testing Agency|
|Mode of submission of application||Online mode|
|Exam mode||Computer-based test or online test|
|Exam Level||University level|
|Courses offered||Undergraduate and Postgraduate level|
|Method of Selection||Through the scores of CUET in Undergraduate and Postgraduate programs.|
|Official website||www. Jnu.ac.in|
JNU Admission 2023 Important Dates
The tentative schedule of the exam is given below. Candidates must understand the same care, and all the candidates need to focus on the exam preparation according to the tentative schedule. The final dates of the exam are released on the official website.
Although everyone waits for the exam dates, one must not focus too much on the exam dates but should focus on their preparation. Let us look at the tentative dates. The dates of UG and PG are given below.
For Undergraduate Courses Through CUET(UG)
|Release of the online application forms||9th February 2023|
|Final Date of the submission of application forms||30th March 2023|
|Application correction window||1st – 3rd April 2023|
|Application Form Re-Open||9th – 11th April 2023|
|Date of CUET UG Exam||21st May – 23rd June 2023|
|Reserve Exam Dates||–|
|Release of Answer Key||2nd week of July 2023|
|Declaration of the Results||15th July 2023|
|Beginning of the Counseling||16th July 2023|
For Postgraduate Courses
|Release of the Application Forms||20th March 2023|
|The final Date to submit the application forms||5th May 2023|
|Application correction Window||6th – 8th May 2023|
|Release of the Admit Cards||3rd June 2023|
|Date of CUET PG Exam||5th – 20th June 2023|
|Release of the Answer Keys||2nd week of July 2023|
|Declaration of the Results||2nd week of July 2023|
|Beginning of the counselling||27th July 2023|
JNU Admission 2023 Application Form
If you want to appear in the exam then firstly you need to fill out the application form and submit the same within the stipulated time period. If you somehow fail to fill out the form or your application form gets rejected then you will lose the chance of appearing in the exam. Some of the essential points regarding the application form are described below.
- As per the latest information, the application forms for the application process for JNU will begin in an online manner only. No other mode of application will be available.
- As of now, the application forms for the Undergraduate courses will be published from the first week of April 2023 and they will be available till the mid of May 2023.
- Candidates must ensure they are truly eligible for the exam and proceed towards registration. While registering for the exam, they must correctly provide details of their name, father’s name, their working and valid email Id, and date of birth information.
- In the case of the JNU PG course, the forms are expected to be released from the mid-week of May 2023 and will be available until the mid-week of June 2023. The dates will be released on the official website.
- Candidates must note that the correction facility will also be available for the candidates once the registration process is done. So, don’t panic if you commit any mistake. You will have the option to make the corrections.
- Once the candidates have provided all the information and uploaded the required documents in the scanned and required formats, they need to proceed with submitting the application fee.
- Finally, candidates need to take the application form’s printout for future usage.
How to fill out the Application Form?
Filling out the application form is relatively easy and the candidates must follow the steps below for smooth sailing. Here are the steps to be followed for the registration process.
- Firstly, the candidates need to visit the official website. You will be provided the link in the section above.
- Look for the “online registration” tab and enter your email Id and mobile number details.
- Candidates must fill the application form carefully with the details such as personal and educational qualifications, address, and so on.
- The candidates must upload the scanned photograph and signature in the format mentioned in the official notification.
- Candidates need to pay the application fee with the help of SBI and Canara Bank using the payment gateway and in the mode prescribed.
- Finally, download the confirmation page and save a copy of the payment receipt for future usage.
JNU Admission 2023 Form Correction
The facility of making the corrections in the application form after the submission will be provided for a limited period. All those candidates who wish to amend the application form can access the official website and make the changes only in the available correction window.
Once the form correction facility gets over, you will not be provided any way of making the corrections. Hence, keep checking the official website.
JNU Admission 2023 Application Fee
Remember that the application fee is mandatory while filling out any application form. The payment of the application is crucial to any exam. If you fail to pay the required application fee then sadly you will not be allowed to appear in the exam. Some of the crucial points related to the application fee are mentioned below.
- Candidates can make the payment of the application fee only in online mode. No other mode of application fee is acceptable.
- The payment of the application fee has to be done only through online mode which includes credit cards, debit cards, net banking and UPI, etc. You can make the payment in any mode you desire.
- The application fee once paid will be non-refundable and non-transferable.
The application fee for UG and PG to be paid by different categories are described below.
|Number of Choices||M.Phil./M.Tech./MPH/ Pre-Ph.D./Ph.D., M.A., M.Sc., M.C.A.||B.A. (Hons.) 1st & 2nd year and all Part-Time programs|
|Category||General||SC/ST/PWD OBC||BPL||General||SC/ST/PWD & OBC||BPL|
JNU Admission 2023 Eligibility
The eligibility criteria for different courses differ and it is fixed by the conducting authorities. One must go through the detailed eligibility criteria and then proceed towards applying for the entrance exam.
Candidates can go through the eligibility conditions for several courses mentioned below. If one is found not eligible for the exam at any stage then he or she will be rejected from the selection process. Take a look at the different courses.
BA Hons (First Year)
- Educational Qualification: All the candidates must note that they must have passed their class 12th or its equivalent from any recognized board or university.
- Required Age Criteria: As per the latest information, the minimum age limit should be 17 years in order to apply for the exam. The age is considered on the date of 1st October 2023. Also, you must note that there is no age limit in the case of any other courses.
- Percentage Required: All the candidates need to score a minimum of 45% marks in their qualifying examination from the recognized board or university.
- Appearing Candidates: One more crucial piece of information is that the students who are in their final year of the qualifying exam are also eligible to apply for this exam.
- Educational Qualification: All the candidates need to possess a bachelor’s degree in BCA in order to apply for this course from a recognized board or university.
- Subjects Studied: All the candidates need to have studied mathematics as the compulsory subject in order to be eligible for this exam.
- Percentage Required: All the candidates need to score a minimum of 55% marks in their qualifying examination. Candidates who score less than this can not apply for the exam.
- Educational Qualification: All the candidates need to possess a degree in Graduation from a recognized board or University.
- Percentage Required: All the candidates need to obtain at least 55% marks in their qualifying examination in order to be eligible for the process of admission.
B.Tech in Statistical Computing
- Educational Qualification: All the candidates need to possess a degree in bachelor’s or master’s degree in the desired stream in order to be eligible for the admission process.
- Subjects Required: All the candidates need to possess a master’s degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Statistics, Operations Research, or any other subject of science branch.
- Percentage Required: All the candidates need to have scored a minimum of 55% marks in the qualifying exam.
JNU Admission 2023 Exam Pattern
The examination pattern is mentioned in great detail in the official admission brochure and notification once it is released. All the candidates must go through the same carefully. The pattern of exams is different for different courses and some of the courses with a detailed explanation of the exam pattern are given below. Let us take a look.
- Examination Mode: As per the latest pattern the exam will be conducted in an online mode or Computer Based Mode.
- Duration of the Exam: Candidates must note that the exam will last 3 hours. No extra time will be allotted under any circumstances.
- Questions Type: The entire question paper will consist of objective-type questions, also known as Multiple Choice Questions.
- Questions Numbers: The question paper will consist of 100 questions.
- Medium of Exam: The examination will be conducted in English Language only.
- Marking Scheme: One mark will be allotted for the correct answers and no negative marking for the incorrect answer.
Post Graduate Course
- Mode of Examination: The exam is going to be conducted in an online mode or computer-based mode.
- Duration of the Time: The time allotted for solving the paper is 2 hours only. Candidates will not be provided any extra time.
- Total Number of Questions: There will be 100 questions in the exam.
- Marking Scheme: Candidates will be allotted 4 marks for every correct answer.
- Negative Marking: Remember that one mark will be subtracted for every incorrect answer.
JNU Admission 2023 Syllabus
There is no denying the fact that the syllabus is the beginning of the inspiration for preparing for any exam and candidates need to understand the syllabus deeply before proceeding to the exam. The syllabus for the courses varies.
In the case of the syllabus for the JNU CUET Undergraduate, the syllabus depends upon the class 11th and 12th classes. All the candidates must prepare from the books of classes 11th and 12th. In the case of Post Graduate admission through CUET, the syllabus will depend upon the Undergraduate topics and subjects.
You need to prepare accordingly. Some of the topics are mentioned below describing the topics of different courses.
- Descriptive Statistics
- The problem of Economic History
- Under development and growth
- General aptitude
- Computer Science
B.Tech Statistical Computing
- General aptitude
- reasoning and Bachelor/ Master level mathematics
- statistics and computer science
- data science
BA Hons. In foreign Language
- General knowledge,
- artificial language
- short essays on issues related to the subject
JNU Admission 2023 Preparation Tips
These are certain vital preparation tips that can be really helpful in boosting your performance. You should follow a certain strategy in order to crack your exam efficiently. Here are certain tips that can be really fruitful. Let us take a look.
- Firstly, the candidates must make a timetable and allocate equal time to each subject.
- Go through the officially prescribed syllabus which the commission has decided for the examination.
- Choose the best-recommended books and study materials that are prescribed online and by the experts.
- Candidates should begin by practicing the previous year’s question papers and sample papers and form a valid and working strategy.
- Candidates must include all the topics of the syllabus in preparation for the exam.
- Maintain your health and avoid stress at exam time.
JNU Admission 2023 Books
Books must be chosen wisely for the apt preparation of the exam. All the candidates need to go through the previous year’s papers and select the book according to the same. Some of the widely recommended books by experts are as follows. The below-mentioned books are for the preparation of CUET.
- NCERT Books for each domain subject (if available)
- Practice sets based on Class exams – by Oswaal
- R.S. Aggarwal Books for Science subjects
- T.S. Grewal Books for Commerce subjects
- Online YouTube content freely available for specific subjects
- Past Year Papers of General Aptitude Tests
- NCERT Exemplar for each domain subject (if available)
- Quantitative Aptitude by R.S. Aggarwal
- NCERT 10th standard.
- Practice quizzes on the BYJU’S Exam Prep website.
- Practice questions from different online sources.
- Logical Reasoning Books (Logical & Analytical Reasoning and General Mental Ability)
- Arihant’s Fast Track Objective Arithmetic
- Magical Book on Quicker Math.
JNU Admission 2023 Admit Card
Admit cards are the hall tickets that are released for the CUET Undergraduate or Postgraduate exam and it will be released in the mid of June 2023 in an online method only. Candidates can download the admit cards from the official website using their login credentials. The admit card will consist of the candidate’s name, the exam’s time, the address and roll number, etc.
Candidates must note that the admit cards will not be sent through postal means or offline mode. All the candidates need to bring their to admit cards to the examination hall with valid ID proof without which entry will not be provided to them.
JNU Admission 2023 Answer Key
Once the exam will be conducted in a successful manner, all the candidates must keep checking the official website where the answer key will be published in online mode for several programs. As per the latest information, the answer key will be released in the mid-week of July 2023. Those who appeared in the exam can check the answer key and estimate their raw scores.
The NTA releases the provisional answer key before the final answer key. Candidates can make any changes in the answer key or they can raise objections. The authorities will also release the final answer key.
JNU Admission 2023 Result
Results are released by the exam conducting authorities for all those candidates who appeared in the exam and it will be published in online mode only. All the candidates need to check the results by entering their registration details. As per the latest sources, the results are going to be published in the mid of July 2023.
According to the results, the authorities will frame a merit list for the process of admission in several courses. All the candidates who qualify for the exam will be called for the counseling process.
JNU Admission 2023 Counseling Procedure
This is the last stage of the entire selection and examination process. According to the latest sources, the counseling process will be conducted offline only. The candidates selected in the merit list will be called for the same. It is expected that the counseling process will begin from the mid of July 2023.
One needs to complete all the mandatory requirements of the exam in the process of counseling. The verification of documents will take place at the time of the counseling. Once the verification is done the seat will be allotted to the candidates after the fee is paid.
- Class 10th/ high school
- Class 12th mark sheet
- 10 recent color photographs
- Graduation Degree
- Master’s Degree
- Migration/ transfer/ character certificate
- SC/ ST/ OBC Category certificate
Some Important FAQs
Question- What sort of questions are asked in exams?
Ans- All the questions are going to be objective in nature.
Question- Who is the conducting authority of the exam?
Ans- NTA is going to conduct the exam.
Question- Where is the headquarter of the University?
Ans- JNU is situated in New Delhi.
If you have any other quires about JNU Admission 2023, you can leave your question below in the comment box.