Latest Applications Open 2024:
Your degree certificate or certificate from the Principal/Head of the department in pdf format, Cast certificate in pdf format (for SC/ST/OBC category candidates only), Medical certificate in pdf format (for applicants claiming PWD status), Experience certificate in case of candidates with G.D. Arts qualification.
Those candidates who will qualify for the CEED entrance test will get admission into prestigious institutions such as IIT Kanpur, IISc Bangalore, IITDM Jabalpur, IIT Hyderabad, IIT Bombay, IIT Guwahati, etc.
CEED Syllabus 2023
CEED will be in two parts, Part A and Part B. Part A will have a question related to this topic.
Part A Syllabus
Visualization and Spatial Ability
Pictorial and diagrammatic questions to test the understanding of transformation and I or manipulation of 2D shapes and 3D objects and their spatial relationships.
Environmental and Social Awareness
General awareness of environmental factors such as climate, population, water, vegetation, pollution, weather, natural resources, etc., and their implications on the design of products, images, infrastructure, and environment.
Awareness of design terminologies, social and cultural connection with the design, history of the artefact, and socially responsible and environmentally sustainable design responses. History of art, sculpture, and literature.
Analytical and Logical Reasoning
Ability to analyze given information logically and select the most appropriate solutions. Ability to weigh opinions, arguments, or solutions against appropriate criteria.
Ability to use logic and structured thinking to deduce from a short passage which of some statements is the most accurate response to a posed question.
Language and Creativity
Ability to understand passages in commonly used English language. Ability to think creatively regarding alternatives, ability to distinguish innovative options, and think out of the box.
Design Thinking and Problem Solving
Ability to understand the context, the users, and the constraints and select the most appropriate solution for a given design problem.
Observation and Design Sensitivity
Ability to detect concealed properties in the day to day life and think critically about them. Ability to discern subtle differences in visual properties and aesthetic outcomes.
Also, Check Below-
Part B Syllabus
Part B of CEED will have question-related to this topic
Ability to draw products, people, or scenes in proportion with good line quality, composition, proportion, perspective, and shading.
Ability to think out of the box and come up with unique as well as diverse solutions.
Ability to communicate concepts and ideas clearly with the help of text and visuals.
Analytical and Problem-Solving Skills
Ability to understand the user and the context, knowledge of materials and process properties, their appropriate use in design, originality of solutions, ability to create characters, plots, and stories, etc.
CEED 2023 will be an aptitude test, and hence no specific textbook/guide is recommended for its preparation. The candidates may, however, practice their drawing, rendering, and visualization skills.
Paper Pattern Instruction
The Total Duration of the Examination is 3 Hours. The question paper contains two parts – Part A and Part B. The duration of Part A is one hour. The Duration of Part B is for two hours. Part B will start only after Part A ends. Part A cannot be attempted after Part B Commences.
- Questions of Part A and Part B will appear on the computer. Answers to Part A have to be entered into the computer. Answers to Part B have to be given in the answer book provided by the Supervisor.
- Part A carries a total of 100 marks. It contains three sections: Section I, II, and III.
- Part A, Section I (Total 30 marks) contains 10 Numerical Answer Type (NAT) questions. For these questions, an answer is a number that needs to be entered using the virtual keyboard on the monitor. No choices will be shown for these questions. Each correct answer will be awarded three marks. Questions not attempted will be awarded zero marks. There is no negative or partial marking for this section.
- Part A, Section II (Total 20 marks) contains 10 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs). Each MCQ has four choices of which one or more is/are the correct answer(s). The applicants get two marks only if she/he select all the correct answers for a given MCQ. Questions not attempted will be awarded zero marks. There is no negative or partial marking for this section.
- Part A, Section III (Total 50 marks) contains 25 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs). Each MCQ has four choices of which only one is the correct answer. In this section, each correct answer will be awarded two marks, and each wrong answer will be awarded -0.6 marks. Questions not attempted will be awarded zero marks.
- Blank paper sheets will be provided for rough work for Part A. These have to be returned to the supervisor at the end of the exam.
- Part B carries a total of 100 marks. It contains eight questions. You may choose to answer any one of Questions 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5. Questions 6, 7, and 8 are mandatory. Each question must be answered on the page(s) designated for that question in the answer book. Additional instructions to Part B questions are provided in the answer book.
- Charts, graph sheets, tables, calculators, cellular phones, and other electronic gadgets are not allowed in the examination hall.
- In Part B, coloured pencils, crayons, sketch pens, etc. may be used unless otherwise specified in the questions.
If you have any other Questions related to CEED Syllabus 2023, you may ask your Queries by commenting below.
As a dedicated Biology Science graduate, I’m passionate about sharing the latest updates in national and state entrance exams through my blog. I aim to keep aspiring students informed about exam trends, important dates, and changes in syllabi. With a keen interest in education, I strive to offer valuable insights for students navigating the competitive landscape of entrance examinations and admission tests. Stay updated with me.