Latest Applications Open 2024:
CUSAT 2023 CAT 2nd Round Allotment has been Released for UG/PG Courses. The Result/Rank List has been declared on 31st May 2023. The Examination was held from 3rd May to 6th May 2023. Time for another essential update! You all must have heard about this famous and reputed university which is widely represented as CUSAT and stands for Cochin University of Science and Technology. The exam is organized every year and is widely known as CAT, which means Common Admission Test to provide admission to the candidates in the university in several courses.
Generally, the entrance exam is for Undergraduate and Postgraduate admissions offered by the University. The University provides a wide range of courses, some of which are in the streams of Engineering, Commerce, Humanities, Law, management, and so on. Regarding the campuses, CUSAT currently owns three different campuses, which are situated in Kochi and Alappuzha.
The university is responsible for conducting PG course exams, known as DAT. There is also an option to secure admission in the university using the GATE score and MAT score, depending on the course. The article here presents information about all the essential aspects of the CUSAT. You will learn about the dates, registration, exam pattern, counselling procedure etc. Hence, this article is apt if you are willing to be admitted here.
CUSAT 2023 Notification – Counselling Started
CUSAT 2023 Quick Links
CUSAT 2023 Highlights
One must not forget to look at the highlights section and note down specific essential points related to the entrance exam. Without going into the detailed notification, you can understand the essential aspects of the exam by going through the tabular representation mentioned below.
You can gather the information about the name, level, authority conducting exam, category etc from the table below. It will make certain aspects related to the entrance exam clear in your mind and you can decide aptly whether you should apply for the exam or not.
Latest Applications For Various UG & PG Courses Open 2024
- Parul University | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- UPES Dehradun | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- Chandigarh University | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- LPU 2024 | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- IIAD, Delhi | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- GIBS, Bangalore | PGDM Applications Open. Package upto 15.5 LPA. Apply Now
- GNIOT, Greater Noida | Admissions Open for All Courses 2023. Apply Now
- Narayana Business School | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- The Design Village | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- IMS Ghaziabad UC Campus | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- KIIT School of Management | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- KSRM | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
|Name of the Exam||CUSAT CAT 2023|
|Name of the University||Cochin University of Science & Technology|
|Exam Conducting Authority||CUSAT|
|Course Types||Undergraduate and Postgraduate courses|
|Categories of the Courses||Engineering, Management, Law, Commerce, Humanities,|
|Level of Exam||University level|
|Mode of Submitting an application form||Online|
|Exam Mode||Online (Computer Based Test)|
|Helpline Number||+91(484)2577290, +91(484)2862281|
CUSAT 2023 Exam Dates
The candidates must remember the dates on which the exam is proposed. Under no circumstances should they forget the exam dates; the preparation must be according to the dates.
The tentative dates of the exam are mentioned below. Candidates should refer to the same and start their studies. But remember that these dates are liable to change if unavoidable circumstances arise. So, look at the expected exam dates and the dates of other important events.
|Beginning of the Online Registration||27th January 2023|
|Final Date to submit the application form||10th March 2023|
|Final Date of Registration along with the Late Fee||15th March 2023|
|Payment of the Application Fees||27th January – 17th April 2023|
|Beginning of the Registration for MBA||27th January – 7th March 2023|
|Beginning of the Registration for M. Tech||27th January – 8th April 2023|
|Final Date to submit the Form for M. Tech with late fee||17th April 2023|
|Issuance and Receipt of applications for Diploma||27th January – 17th April 2023|
|Issuance and Receipt of applications for PHD and PDF programmes||27th January – 17th April 2023|
|Release of the Admit cards||24th April – 1st May 2023|
|Dates of the Exam||3rd – 6th May 2023.|
|Release of the Answer Key||
|Release of the Results||June 2023|
|Beginning of the Counselling||To be announced|
CUSAT 2023 Application Form
The candidates must fill out and submit the application form on time. The last date to fill the application form will be mentioned in the official notification. Take note of the same. Here are certain really important details of the application form for the entrance exam.
- Interested and eligible candidates need to fill out the application form for participating in the entrance exam only through the online mode. Any other mode of application forms will not be released.
- As per the latest sources, the application form will be released in the second week of February 2023. The date is tentative.
- All interested and eligible candidates need to fill out the application form by putting in their personal details which include the candidate’s name, valid and working email ID, Phone number, qualification details, and so on. The details must be filled correctly and carefully.
- The form will be rejected if the form is not filled correctly and as per the instructions.
- According to the latest sources, the final date till which the application form can be submitted is the fourth week of March 2023.
- Don’t forget to take the printout of the application form and also the receipt of the payment made for any future reference in the exam.
- Any hardcopy need not be sent to the official authorities.
How to fill out the Application Form?
After having certain relevant information about the entrance exam, the next crucial step is to fill the application form correctly and as per the instructions of the authorities. So, for your help, we have provided the simple steps that can be followed.
- Go to the official website of CUSAT 2023.
- Candidates must click on the tab that says “New Candidate Registration” and fill in the required details and submit.
- Fill in the personal details and educational qualifications such as the name, address, mobile number, email ID etc.
- Next step will be to upload the required documents in the scanned format and in the required dimensions. You can take help from the online websites and the MS paint.
- Candidates need to choose the program in which they desire to apply. They can apply for either undergraduate programs or postgraduate programs.
- Finally, make the payment of the prescribed application fee and then click on the submit button.
- Candidates also need to choose the most desirable exam centers as per their convenience and preference from the list and then finally submit it.
- Take the printout of the application form and keep it safe till the admission process is complete.
CUSAT 2023 Application Fee
The truth and the bitter fact is that the form will not be submitted finally if you fail to make the payment as per your category. The fee varies according to the caste and you need to look at the same before proceeding to form.
- The mode of payment of the application fee is only online.
- Application fee in the online mode can be made using the credit card and the debit cards.
- The fee once paid will not be refunded or transferred under any circumstances.
- The distribution of the application fees is provided below.
|Name of the Category||Application Fee|
|Unreserved Categories||Rs. 1000/-|
|Scheduled Castes/ Scheduled Tribes||Rs. 500/-|
|NRI candidates||Rs. 5,000/-|
|KST and KSC candidates||Rs. 5,500/-|
|International candidates||US$ 100/-|
|Aspirants who wish to take exam in Dubai||Rs. 10,000/-|
CUSAT 2023 Aplication Form Correction
For your information, CUSAT does not offer any correction window or facility for making the changes in the application form once submitted. Hence, candidates are requested to fill out the application form correctly and with the true details to their knowledge.
CUSAT 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Aspirants, you must be aware and should have complete knowledge of the eligibility conditions. Not only will the complete information work but you also must fulfill the eligibility criteria. If the candidates are found not eligible for the entrance exam, they will be debarred from the process.
The eligibility criteria vary as per the courses. The different courses along with the eligibility criteria is mentioned below. I hope you get a better understanding of the same.
B.Tech Marine Engineering
Qualification Required: All the interested candidates must have completed their Intermediate exam from the Kerala Board or any other equivalent examination from a recognized board or university.
Subjects Required: The aspirants must have studied Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English in their qualifying exam. These subjects are necessary.
Marks Required: All the candidates must have secured a minimum of 60% marks in an aggregate while 50% marks are required in the mathematics subject only. SC and ST are not provided any relaxation.
Age Limit: Age needs to be considered before applying for an exam. The age limit which has been prescribed for the course is as such. The maximum age limit needs to be 25 years of age on the date 1st September of the Admission year. Candidates who exceed the limit will not be allowed to appear for the exam.
BBA/LLB (Hons.)/ B. Com. LLB. (Hons.)
Qualification Required: All interested candidates need to have completed their class 12th from a recognized board or university.
Marks Required: All interested candidates need to have secured a minimum of 60% marks in the stream of Science and Commerce and 55% marks in the stream of Humanities.
Relaxation: All the candidates who belong to SC, ST, and SEBC categories need to have scored a minimum of 50% marks in Intermediate to get admission.
Master of Business Administration (MBA)
Qualification Required: All interested candidates need to possess a degree in Graduation from a recognized board or university.
Marks Required: All the candidates who are applying must have scored a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate.
Relaxation: Candidates belonging to the SEBC category can get a relaxation of up to 5% in the minimum marks they need to apply.
Master of Computer Application (MCA)
Qualification Required: The candidates who are interested in applying in this course need to have completed their BCA which is a bachelor’s degree in computer science engineering or equivalent degree from a recognized board or university. OR
Candidates need to have completed B. SC, B. Commerce, and BA with mathematics as a subject in class 12th or in graduation.
Marks Required: All interested candidates must have obtained at least 50% marks in their qualifying examination.
CUSAT 2023 Exam Pattern
The Commission or the exam authority fixes the pattern before releasing the official notification. Understanding of the same is essential to begin your studies and also to allocate a certain time to the section.
The exam pattern for several courses is provided below. Go through them carefully and form a strategy.
- Exam Mode: The latest sources suggest that the exams will be organized online, also known as Computer Based Test.
- Duration of the Exam: The total allotted to solve the entrance exam is 3 hours.
- Total Questions: The total number of questions will be 250.
- Questions Type: All the questions will be objective (MCQs).
- Marking Scheme: Every correct answer will be awarded one mark each.
- Negative Marking: A negative marking of 1 for an incorrect answer.
|Subjects||Number of Questions||Time Allotted|
|Total||250||180 min (3 hours)|
B. Com/BBA/LLB (Hons.) Exam
|Subjects||Number of Questions|
|Logical Reasoning and Ability||50|
|General knowledge and current affairs||25|
|Questions related to Law||25|
|Subjects||Number of Questions|
|General knowledge and current affairs||25|
|Subjects||Number of Questions|
|Knowledge of English & GK||50|
|Analytical Reasoning Capability||50|
|Compulsory papers in law as prescribed by Bar Council of India||50|
CUSAT 2023 Syllabus
The syllabus for the courses is different. Candidates need to go through the entrance exam syllabus for which they applied. Only the syllabus can enlighten you with all the crucial exam topics. One must try to cover almost all the syllabus topics and revise them repeatedly to perform in the best manner.
The topics for different subjects are mentioned below. Please take a glance at the same.
|Name of the Subject||Topics|
|General Knowledge and Current Affairs||
CUSAT 2023 Preparation Tips
Some of the tips for your help are provided below.
- Candidates must make a suitable timetable and stick to it until the examination.
- The division of the time to each of the subjects should be done correctly.
- Practice the mock tests and the previous year’s question papers to better understand the exam.
- Exercise and eat healthily.
- Be patient.
CUSAT 2023 Books
Some of the books are provided here for your reference.
|Logical Reasoning Ability and General Intelligence||
|English Language and Comprehension||
CUSAT 2023 Admit Card
The admit cards will not be provided to any candidates offline or by postal. Everyone needs to download the same from the official website. The admit card must be brought to the exam hall along with an ID.
The admit card for PG and UG is expected to be released around May and June 2023 respectively. Keep an eye on the official updates.
CUSAT 2023 Exam Centres
Candidates must choose any exam center from the list according to their will. Some of the exam centers are listed below.
CUSAT 2023 Answer Key
The answer key is expected to be released after the successful completion of the exam. They will be available only in the online mode. The answer key will be available most likely in the month of June 2023.
Candidates can raise the objection and the final answer key will be released before the results and after taking the objection into consideration.
CUSAT 2023 Results
The results are also expected to be released around the month of June 2023 for those candidates who have attempted the exam. It will be released in online mode and candidates can check it using their application number.
CUSAT 2023 Counselling Procedure
The counseling is the last stage for admission and it is expected to begin from the second week of June 2023 in an online mode for all the courses. It will be conducted as per the merit list. Candidates need to register themselves if they want to be part of the counseling process. Here are certain documents that would be required.
- Admit card
- Transfer Certificate
- Migration certificate
- Intermediate and Matriculation mark sheets
- Counseling letter
Question- What will be the exam mode?
Ans- It will be conducted in an online mode.
Question- Is there any negative marking?
Ans- Yes, there will be a negative marking of 1.
Question- Can the form be submitted offline?
Ans- No, the form has to be submitted online manner.
Question- What will be the type of questions?
Ans- The questions will be objective.
If you have any other quires about CUSAT 2023, you can leave your question below in the comment box.
As a dedicated Biology Science graduate, I’m passionate about sharing the latest updates in national and state entrance exams through my blog. I aim to keep aspiring students informed about exam trends, important dates, and changes in syllabi. With a keen interest in education, I strive to offer valuable insights for students navigating the competitive landscape of entrance examinations and admission tests. Stay updated with me.