Latest Applications Open 2024:
GATE Full Form is Graduate Aptitude Test Engineering is a national level engineering entrance examination. GATE is conducted jointly by the Indian instituted of Science and seven Indian Institutes of Technology. GATE Exam does have several categories, and Examination oversight for all of these top branches for GATE Examination are AE, AG, BT, CE, CH, CS, EC, EE, IN, ME, MN, MT, PI, TF, XE, AR, CY GG, MA, PH, and XL. GATE stands for (Graduate Aptitude Test Engineering).
GATE is an examination that primarily tests the candidate in various undergraduate subjects in Technology, Architecture, and Engineering and posts graduate in science. GATE is an examination that primarily tests the candidate in a various undergraduate subject in Technology, Architecture, and Engineering and posts graduate in science
The GATE Exam is an entrance exam for programming in engineering at the national level. Study materials for GATE are available online for all branches. A candidate can apply for only one of the 25 papers for the GATE Examination.
There are three sections in the GATE paper for AE, AG, BT, CE, CH, CS, EC, EE, IN, ME, MN, MT, PI, PF, and XE
- Subject question
- Engineering Mathematics
- General aptitude
There are three sections in the GATE paper for AR, CY, EY, GG, MH, PH, and XL
- Subject question
- General aptitude
There are two different types of Question in GATE Examination they are:
- Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)
- (NAQ) Numerical Answer Questions
In the multiple-choice questions (MCQs) there would be negative marking for the wrong answer. For numerical answer type questions, there is NO negative marking. Multiple choice questions for one mark.
It will be deducted 1/3 mark for a wrong answer. Multiple choice questions for two marks will be deducted 2/3 mark for a wrong answer.
Latest Applications For Various UG & PG Courses Open 2024
- Parul University | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- UPES Dehradun | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- Chandigarh University | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- LPU 2024 | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- IIAD, Delhi | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- GIBS, Bangalore | PGDM Applications Open. Package upto 15.5 LPA. Apply Now
- GNIOT, Greater Noida | Admissions Open for All Courses 2023. Apply Now
- Narayana Business School | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- The Design Village | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- IMS Ghaziabad UC Campus | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- KIIT School of Management | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- KSRM | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
And In the examination hall, you can only enter with admit card, identification card, and a pen. A simple wristwatch without any calculation device is allowable.
All candidates want to apply online Application:
- For GEN and OBC candidates: – Rs 150
- For women candidates: – Rs 750
- For SC/ST/PD candidates: – Rs 750
- GATE International candidates: – Us dollars 50
For International candidates, there is no need to attach PWD (person with a disability) certificate, and the category (SC/ST) is NOT APPLICABLE. The examination fee Is uniform for all (US Dollars 50). A candidate can appear in any one GATE paper ONLY.
GATE 2017 application fee payments would have to be made online by using net banking or debit card or e-challan facilities. Additional charges will be applicable as per the rule of the bank from where the money is being transferred. This fee will be specified on the payment portal.
GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS)
An online interface is provided for your interaction with the GATE Office. With this interface, you can,
- GATE Examinations apply for the online application.
- Upload photograph, signature, thumb impression and other relevant documents such as graduation certificate, category certificate (wherever applicable), etc.
- You want to pay the application fee through the net – banking or debit card or e – challan.
- Check the status of your application form: Received, Under Scrutiny, Accepted, Defect Status, Status after Rectification, Rejected with Valid Reasons, and Admit Card Ready for Download.
- Contact the zonal GATE Office in case of any queries/problems
- Download Admit Card.
- View your answers, marks and GATE Score.
- The application procedure remains the same for International candidates.
Time and Marks
The GATE Examination consists of a single paper of 3 – hour duration that contains 65 questions carrying a maximum of 100 marks. The question paper will comprise multiple-choice questions (MCQ) and numerical answer type (NAT) questions.
All the papers will be examined in an ONLINE Computer Based Test (CBT) mode where the candidates will be shown the questions in a random sequence on a computer screen.
The candidates are required to either select the answer (for MCQ type) or enter the answer for numerical answer type questions using a mouse on a virtual keyboard (keyboard of the computer will be disabled).
Each candidate will be provided with a scribble pad for rough work. The scribble pad has to be returned after the examination. At the end of the 3 – hour window, the computer will automatically close the screen from further actions
In all the papers, General Aptitude (GA) there will be a total of 65 questions carrying 100 marks, out of which ten questions are giving a total of 15 marks.
In the papers bearing the codes AE, AG, BT, CE, CH, CS, EC, EE, IN, ME, MN, MT, PE, PI, TF and XE, Engineering Mathematics will carry around 15% of the total marks, the General Aptitude section will carry 15% of the total marks and the remaining 70% of the total marks is devoted to the subject of the paper.
In the papers bearing the codes AR, CY, EY, GG, MA, PH and XL, the General Aptitude section will carry 15% of the total marks and the remaining 85% of the total marks is devoted to the subject of the paper.
In GATE There are two different types of Question
Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) carrying 1 or 2 marks each in all articles and sections. These issues are objective, and each will have a choice of four answers, out of which the candidate has to mark the correct answer(s).
(NAQ) Numerical Answer Questions of 1 or 2 marks each in all papers and sections. For these questions the answer is a real number, to be entered by the candidate using the virtual keypad. No choices will be shown for this type of question.
The answer can be a number such as 10 (an integer only). The answer may be in decimals as well, for example, 10.1 (one decimal) or 10.01 (two decimals) or 10.001 (three decimals). Wherever required and possible, it is better to give NAT answer up to a maximum of three decimal places.
If you have any other questions about the GATE Full Form, you can write your queries in the comments box below
Co-founder & Developer at IAS Paper
I am a 20-year-old guy from Mumbai (Maharashtra) currently doing Software Engineering.I love helping people and providing free education.
Official Website http://www.sharozdawa.com