Latest Applications Open 2024:
GATE Stands for (Graduate Aptitude Test Engineering); GATE is conducted jointly with the Indian Institute of Science (IISc). GATE admission is to postgraduates’ programs for Engineering/ Architecture/ Technology/ Science like PhD, Masters, MHRD and Assistantships, and Government Scholarship.
Examinations for all the papers shall be conducted as a Computer Based Test only. The GATE Exam 2024 Scores validity for three years.
The GATE Examination 2024 shall also be conducted for candidates in other countries such as Ethiopia, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Nepal, and the United Arab Emirates (UAE).
GATE Exam Fees
|For Examination Centers in India|
|SC/ST/PwD/ Female candidates||Rs. 750/-|
|All Other Categories||Rs. 1500/-|
|Late Fee||Rs. 500/-|
|For Examination Centers in Foreign Countries (All Candidates)|
|Addis Ababa, Colombo, Dhaka, and Kathmandu||The US $50|
|Dubai and Singapore||The US $100|
|Late Fee||The US $20|
For International candidates, there is no need to atta PWD (person with a disability) certificate, and the category (SC/ST) is Not Applicable. The Examination fee Is uniform for all (US Dollars 50). A candidate can appear in any one GATE paper Only.
GATE 2024 Application fee payments would have to be made online using net banking, debit card, or e-challan facilities. Additional charges will be applicable as per the bank’s rule from where the money is being transferred. This fee will be specified on the payment portal.
Latest Applications For Various UG & PG Courses Open 2024
- Parul University | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- UPES Dehradun | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- Chandigarh University | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- LPU 2024 | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- IIAD, Delhi | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- GIBS, Bangalore | PGDM Applications Open. Package upto 15.5 LPA. Apply Now
- GNIOT, Greater Noida | Admissions Open for All Courses 2023. Apply Now
- Narayana Business School | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- The Design Village | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- IMS Ghaziabad UC Campus | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- KIIT School of Management | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- KSRM | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
Candidates who belong to SC, ST, or PwD categories must upload valid documentary evidence for concession in fees.
Authorities Empowered to Issue SC/ST Certificates
District Magistrate/ Additional District Magistrate/ Collector/ Deputy Collector/ Deputy Commissioner/ Additional Deputy Commissioner/ 1st Class Stipendiary Magistrate/ City Magistrate/ Sub – Divisional Magistrate/ Taluk Magistrate/ Executive Magistrate/ Extra Assistant Commissioner.
- Chief Presidency Magistrate/ Additional Chief Presidency Magistrate/ Presidency Magistrate
- Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tahsildar
- Sub – Divisional Officer of the area where the Candidate and their family resides typically
- Administrator/ Secretary to Administrator/ Development Officer (Lakshadweep Islands).
- Certificates issued by authorized officials only shall be valid, and necessary actions shall be initiated for any wrongdoing and misinformation.
Authorities Empowered to issue PWD (Person with Disabilities) Certificates.
To avail of concession under the PWD category, the candidates should attach a recently obtained proper PWD certificate released by the competent authority. The same shall be required to be submitted to the admitting institution at the time of admission. The onus of verifying the PwD certificate lies with the admitting institute. The GATE committee will not be responsible for any incorrect declaration of the PWD status of candidates.
Instruction About GATE
- A candidate can apply for only ONE of the 25 papers in the GATE. The choice of a suitable paper is the responsibility of the tCandidateate.
- TCandidateate is expected to appear in a paper appropriate to the discipline of their qualifying degree.
- TCandidateate, however, is free to choose any paper according to their admission plan, keeping in mind you fill with eligibility criteria.
- TCandidate’se’s requests for a change of GATE Examination paper after submitting the Application Form will not be considered.
- TCandidateate asked for modifying the city of the GATE Examination after submission of the Application form will not be considered.
- TCandidateate can get a scribble pad that will be used for rough work. After the examination, the candidates must return the scribble pad.
- In the examination, candidates were not allowed to leave the examination for any reason.
- Candidates are allowed to leave the computer laboratory, where the exam will be conducted only after the closure of the test at the scheduled end of the examination in a session.
- In the examination hall, you can only enter with admit card, identification card, and a pen. A simple wristwatch without any calculation device is allowable.
- In the online GATE Examination, all candidates will receive a virtual scientific calculator to answer the questions. No physical calculator will be allowed inside the Examination Hall. The same applies to mobile phones and wristwatches with a calculation facility. GATE 2024 will not provide any storage space at examination locations for such objects. If a candidate brings personal belongings, including mobile phones, those will have to be kept outside the examination hall at the applicant’s risk. Suppose tCandidateate is found to possess (even if not using) any calculator and mobile phone and a wristwatch with a calculation facility. In that case, they shall be disqualified, and the result shall not be declared for tCandidateate.
- For Numerical Answer Questions of 1 or 2 marks each in all papers and sections, the answer is an actual number to be entered by tCandidateate using the virtual keypad. No choices will be shown for this type of question. The answer can be a number such as 10 (an integer only). The answer may be in decimals as well, for example, 10.1 (one decimal) or 10.01 (two decimals), or 10.001 (three decimals). It is better to give NAT answers up to three decimal places wherever required and possible.
Education Qualification for GATE
Candidates with the following requirements are eligible to appear in GATE 2024.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering / Technology (4 years after 10+2 or three years after B.Sc./Diploma in Engineering/Technology) and those in the final year of such programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture (Five years course) and those in the final year.
- Bachelor’s degree in a Four-year program in Science (B.S.) and those in the last year of such programs.
- Master’s degree in any branch of Science/ Mathematics/ Statistics/ Computer Applications or equivalent and those in the last year of such programs.
- Four-year Integrated Master’s degree (Post-B.Sc.) in Engineering/Technology and those in the second or higher year of such programs.
- Five-year integrated Master’s degree or Dual Degree in Engineering/Technology and those in the fourth or higher year of such programs
- Five-year Integrated M.Sc. or Five years Integrated B.Sc./M.Sc. Degree and those in the final year of such programs.
- Candidates with qualifications obtained through examinations conducted by professional societies recognized by UPSC/AICTE as equivalent to B.E. / B.Tech. Those who have completed section A of AMIE or the equivalent of such professional courses are also eligible.
If you have any other questions about the GATE 2024 Fees Structure, please write your queries in the comments box below.
As a dedicated Biology Science graduate, I’m passionate about sharing the latest updates in national and state entrance exams through my blog. I aim to keep aspiring students informed about exam trends, important dates, and changes in syllabi. With a keen interest in education, I strive to offer valuable insights for students navigating the competitive landscape of entrance examinations and admission tests. Stay updated with me.