How to fill the form of Graduate Aptitude Test Engineering GATE
GATE stands for ( Graduate Aptitude Test Engineering ) is a national level engineering entrance examination. GATE is conducted by jointly by the Indian instituted of Science and seven Indian Institutes of Technology ( Bombay, Delhi, Guwahati, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Madras, and Roorkee ) on behalf of the National Coordination Board.
GATE 2018 Registration started on September 1, 2017. The Graduate Certificate in Engineering is done by IISc & IIT on a rotation basis. The exam is a portal for admission to a postgraduate and doctoral program.
Based on the GATE score, candidates can be admitted to various government and private engineering establishments in the country. Applicants can verify complete information about the GATE 2018 registration, including eligibility criteria, enrollment dates, and how to complete the application form.
GATE examination do have several categories, and examination conduct for all of these top branches for GATE examination are AE, AG, BT, CE, CH, CS, EC, EE, IN, ME, MN, MT, PI,TF, XE, AR, CY GG, MA, PH and XL. GATE stands for ( Graduate Aptitude Test Engineering ).Before you applying to the gate , check out if you have eligibility undergraduate degree. Don’t worry if you have a backlog. You can still apply for final year mark sheet and a certificate from your college principal. And GATE online application process system has made the application process very essay and simple.
After the evaluation of the answers, the raw marks obtained by a candidate will be converted to a normalized GATE Score. For the GATE 2017 examination, a candidate can apply for only one of the 23 papers
GATE 2018 Registration
GATE 2018 registration is done through online mode only. Candidates can register after reading the information brochure carefully.
GATE 2018 Registration has been started now. Candidates can register for this exam till 5th October. Click here to register.
- Candidates can apply online for GATE 2018.
- GATE 2018 application form is filled through GOAPS (GATE Online Application Processing System).
- The online application process has been started from 1st September 2017.
- The last date to submit the application will be 5th October 2017.
- Candidates must enter their personal and educational details correctly.
- Scanned images of photograph and signature must be uploaded in specified format.
- All the applicants are advised to keep safe their GOAPS Enrollment ID and Password for further use.
The registration fees:
Registration fees vary by category and gender. The registration fee for SC / ST / PwD candidates is Rs. 750 / -. For all applicants in another category, the application fee is Rs. 1500 / -. International applicants must pay US $ 50. Fees can be paid through bank, debit card and e-challan.
Documents / Details required for registration
Here we list the documents / details required for GATE registration:
Personal information (name, date of birth, personal telephone number, name of parents, telephone number of parents, etc.). Please note that the name of the candidate in the application form must be exactly the same as the qualification certificate or certificate issued by the head of the department / institute in which the candidate continues his study. The GATE 2018 score card will be issued according to the name given on the application form. Prefix / title such as Sr / Shri / Dr / Sra / Smt, etc. It MUST NOT be used before the name.
- Communication address (including PIN code)
- Eligibility Details
- Name and address of the university with PIN
- GATE Document (topic)
- Choice of GATE Examination Cities
- High-quality image of the candidate’s photograph according to specified requirements
- Good quality image of the candidate’s signature according to specified requirements
- Scanned copy of the certificate of eligibility in PDF format (certificate of diploma or provisional certificate or certificate of the head of department / institute
- Scanned copy of the category certificate (SC / ST) (if applicable) in PDF format
- Scanned copy of PwD certificate (if applicable) in PDF format
- Scanned copy of Dyslexic certificate (if applicable) to PDF
- Details of the valid identity document * (ID) (The same identifier, in the original, must be sent to the examination room)
Credit / debit card / credit card details for payment of fees
- Valid ID: Passport / PAN / Student ID / Aadhaar-UID / College ID / Employee ID / Driver’s License
GATE 2018 Exam Dates ( Download Broucher )
GATE Registration Dates 2018
The official registration dates for GATE 2018 is given below:
|Online registration starts from||1st September 2017|
|Closing date of submission of application form||5th October 2017|
|Correction in application form||2nd week of October 2017|
|Last date to change examination city||17th November 2017|
|GATE 2018 exam date||3rd – 4th February & 10th – 11th February 2018(Forenoon: 9:00 AM to 12:00 Noon)|
(Afternoon: 2:00 PM to 5:00 PM)
GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS):
An online interface is provided for your interaction with the GATE Office. With this interface, you can,
- GATE examinations apply for the online application.
- Upload photograph, signature, thumb impression and other relevant documents such as graduation certificate, category certificate (wherever applicable), etc.
- You want to pay the application fee through net – banking or debit card or e – challan.
- Check the Status of your application form: Received, Under Scrutiny, Accepted, Defect Status, Status after Rectification, Rejected with Valid Reasons, and Admit Card Ready for Download.
- Contact the zonal GATE Office in case of any queries/problems
- Download Admit Card.
- View your answers, marks and GATE score.
- The application procedure remains same for International candidates.
The application fee for Gate 2018 application form:
All candidates want to apply online application
- For GEN and OBC candidates: – Rs 150
- For women candidates: – Rs 750
- For SC/ST/PD candidates: – Rs 750
- GATE International candidates: – Us dollars 50
For International candidates, there is no need to attach PWD (person with a disability) certificate, and category (SC/ST) is NOT APPLICABLE. The examination fee Is uniform for all (US Dollars 50). A candidate can appear in any one GATE paper ONLY.
GATE 2017 application fee payments would have to be made through Online by using net banking or debit card or e-challan facilities. Additional charges will be applicable as per the rule of the bank from where the money is being transferred. This fee will be specified on the payment portal.
GATE Exam Application Form Filling Notification:
Step 1: – Go to GATE form website
Step 2: – New user first registered the GATE form
Step 3: xx xxx- Fill the details i.e.
- Enrollment ID/Email Address – xx xxx
- Password – xxx xxx
- Captcha code like 8 – 8 = 0
After that click on submit button.
Step 4: – After submitting it will show you, application form as been filled partially/ not yet submitted. Please Click on “edit application form” to proceed to write application form.
Step 5: of- It will take you next page, fill the details
- Please choose the paper you wish to appear in GATE – Mechanical Engineering
- Choosfromexamination country – India
- Pick from examination city 1 – Sholapur
- Select from examination city 2 – Pune
- Choose from examination city 3 – Gulbarga
Step 6: – After that, you can fill your personal application details.
- Date of birth – 1/Jan/1995
- Gender – male
- Name of Parent/ Guardian – Sandeep Agarwal chaduwala
- Mobile number of parent and guardian – +91 11122223333
- Nationality – Indian
- Category – General
Step 7: – After that fill the community details.
- Correspondence address country – Indian
- Address line – 307/Awing Approve apt
- Address line 2 – Anand Nagar
- Address line 3 – Thane district
- Corresponding address city town – Mumbai
- Pin code – 410203
- Country of permanent residence – Indian
- State/ Union territory of permanent residence – Maharashtra
- Id proof – Aadhaar ID
- Id proof number – xxx xxx
Step 8: – Fill you qualified degree information
Step 9: last- A fter that upload your document
- Upload your photograph
- Upload your signature
- Upload you thumb impression
Then Click on the submit button.
Education Qualification for GATE:
Candidates with any of the following requirements are eligible to appear in GATE 2017
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering / Technology (4 years after 10+2 or 3 years after B.Sc./Diploma in Engineering/Technology) and those who are in the final year of such programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture (Five years course) and those who are in the last year.
- Bachelor’s degree of a Four-year program in Science (B.S.) and those who are in final year of such programs.
- Master’s degree in any branch of Science/ Mathematics/ Statistics/ Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final year of such programs.
- Four-year integrated Master’s degree (Post-B.Sc.) in Engineering/Technology and those in the second or higher year of such programs.
- Five-year integrated Master’s degree or Dual Degree in Engineering/Technology and those in the fourth or higher year of such programs
- Five-year Integrated M.Sc. or Five year integrated B.Sc./M.Sc. Degree and those in the final year of such programs.
- Candidates with qualifications obtained through examinations conducted by professional societies recognized by UPSC/AICTE as equivalent to B.E. / B.Tech. Those who have completed section A of AMIE or equivalent of such professional courses are also eligible.
GATE 2018 Results:
GATE 2018 results will be announced on March , 2018, at 17:00 hours and will be available on the GATE Online Application Website.
GATE 2018 score is valid for THREE YEARS from the date of announcement of the results.
GATE 2018 results may be made available on payment basis to Government organizations (Educational Institutions R & D Laboratories, Industries, etc.) in India and abroad based on a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) between the Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee and the organization intending to use the GATE score. Details in this regard can be obtained from The Organizing Chairman, GATE 2018, and Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee