Latest Applications Open 2024:
GATE 2024 Online Registration has been available from 30th August 2023. The GATE, popularly known as the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering, is organized by the IISc Banglore.
Through the seven Indian Institutes of Technology (at Bombay, Delhi, Guwahati, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Madras, and Roorkee) on behalf of the National Coordination Board (NCB)-GATE, Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India, the GATE is organized.
The GATE is conducted to provide admission in various undergraduate subjects in Engineering/Technology/Architecture and post-graduate level subjects in Science. Here, students can learn detailed information about GATE 2024 from this content, including a GATE application form and application form filling procedure.
GATE 2024 Registration – Available on 30th August
GATE Application Form 2024
The Registration Form of GATE has been available on 30th August 2023 on the official website of the Indian Institute of Technology. The GATE 2024 Registration has been started on 30th August 2023 through online mode. Applicants must fill in all the required details in the application form.
All of the aspiring and eligible candidates can fill out the Application Form through online mode. Candidates can fill in the Application Form before 29 September 2023. Before the last date of submission, candidates should have to submit the application form.
Latest Applications For Various UG & PG Courses Open 2024
- Parul University | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- UPES Dehradun | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- Chandigarh University | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- LPU 2024 | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- IIAD, Delhi | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- GIBS, Bangalore | PGDM Applications Open. Package upto 15.5 LPA. Apply Now
- GNIOT, Greater Noida | Admissions Open for All Courses 2023. Apply Now
- Narayana Business School | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- The Design Village | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- IMS Ghaziabad UC Campus | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- KIIT School of Management | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- KSRM | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- Jaipuria Institute of Management | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- NIIT | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- MITWPU | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- Amrita B.Tech | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- KL University | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- Alliance MBA | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- Alliance UG | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
Documents to be Submitted with GATE Application Form
The applicants should keep safe the required documents with the application form and the document details mentioned below.
- Scanned photograph and signature of the candidate
- Valid Photo Identity Proof (Aadhaar Card/Passport/Driving License/PAN Card/Voter ID/College ID/Employee Identification Card/Notarized Affidavit with Photo, Signature, Date of Birth and Residential Address). The identity proof international students require is a Passport/Government Issued ID/College ID/Employee ID.
- Degree Certificate/Provisional Certificate/Course Completion Certificate (Candidates who have completed their graduation in 2023 or earlier)
- Copy of Mark Sheet of the fifth, sixth, or seventh semester, as the case may be (Candidates in their final year).
- Final year students must also submit their Provisional Certificate Letter per the format issued by the Home of the Institute/Dean/Registrar/Head of Department.
- Candidates in the final year of AMIE will have to keep ready their mark sheet for Section A of AMIE in case of equivalent professional qualifications.
- Caste Certificate (if applicable) as per the given format
- Disability or PWD Certificate (if applicable)
Procedure to fill GATE Application Form
The following procedure is mentioned below to fill out the application form for GATE, and students should fill out the application form before the last date.
- First of all, candidates should have to visit the official website of the GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS).
- Applicants should have to register themselves by entering the required details.
- The applicants must fill in all the required details in the application form and upload the required documents.
- Students should have to pay the application fee online and take the printout of the application form after submitting it.
|Male Category (General/OBC) and Others
|SC/ST/PwD and Women (All Categories)
|International Students – Dubai and Singapore
|International Students – Addis Ababa, Colombo, Dhaka, and Kathmandu
GATE 2024 Application Filling Procedure
Candidates are discouraged from making an application through a third person. If someone else (friend or Internet café person) is filling out the application on behalf of the candidate, the candidate must ensure that the data submitted are correct. Based on earlier experiences, submission through a third person is highly discouraged to ensure an error-free application.
Documents Required for Filling the Application Form:
The following data will be required while filling out the form at GOAPS:
Personal information (name, date of birth, personal mobile number, parent’s name, parent’s mobile number, etc.). Please note that the candidate’s name in the application form must be the same as in the qualifying degree certificate or the certificate issued by the Head of the Department/Institute where the candidate is pursuing their study.
GATE 2024 Scorecard will be issued per the name entered in the application form. Prefix/title such as Mr/Shri/Dr/Mrs/Smt, etc. should NOT be used before a name.
- Address for Communication (including PIN code).
- Eligibility degree details.
- College name and address with PIN code.
- GATE paper (subject).
- Choice of GATE examination cities.
- A high-quality image of a candidate’s photograph conforming to the requirements specified.
- Good quality image of the candidate’s signature conforming to the requirements specified.
- Scanned copy of the Eligibility Certificate in pdf format (Degree Certificate or Provisional.
Certificate or Certificate from the Head of the Department/Institute.
- Scanned copy of the Category (SC/ST) certificate (if applicable) in pdf format.
- Scanned copy of the PwD certificate (if applicable) in pdf format.
- Scanned copy of Dyslexic Certificate (if applicable) in pdf format.
- Details of the valid Identity Document (ID)(The same ID, in original, should be carried to
the examination hall).
- Net banking/debit card/credit card details for fee payment.
Application Filling: The GOAPS allows you to enter the data, save the partially filled form, log out, and resume filling the form by logging in again. The GOAPS portal is self-explanatory and user-friendly. Additional help information required in filling various fields in the GOAPS portal will also be available.
Before proceeding to payment, the candidate is advised to view the filled-in application form by clicking the “Save and View Application” button. Please check carefully for any errors in the data entered in the application form. Once the candidate clicks the “Submit and Proceed to Payment” button, no further changes to the application can be made for online payment options.
Problems in Login into GOAPS: In case of a forgotten user ID or password, follow the instructions on the GOAPS portal to retrieve them.
Photograph and Signature Requirements:
The GATE 2024 Application requires that your photograph and signature be uploaded electronically at GOAPS. Uploading photographs and signature that does not meet the specifications can result in the disqualification of the application without any refund of the application fee.
- Please upload only a good-quality photograph. The GATE scorecard will be printed with the photograph that you have submitted.
- The photograph must match your appearance on the day of the examination.
- A passport-size (3.5 cm Width × 4.5 cm Height) photograph of the face of the candidate is required for the application form.
- The photograph must be in COLOR and taken after 01 August 2023 in a professional studio. Photographs taken using a mobile phone and other self-composed portraits may result in the rejection of the application.
- Request photo studio to provide the image of your photo in a JPEG format and on a standard 3.5 cm × 4.5cm (Width × Height) print.
- The maximum size for JPEG can be 480×640 in pixels (0.3 Megapixel) (Request photo studio to reduce it to this resolution if it is higher). The minimum size for JPEG should be 240×320 pixels.
- The background of the photograph must be white or a light colour.
- The face should occupy at least 35% of the area of the photograph, with a full-face view looking into the camera directly.
- The main features of the face must not be covered by the hair of the head, any cloth, or any shadow. The forehead, eyes, nose, and chin should be visible. The photograph should be without a cap/ hat. The person in the photo must be facing the camera.
- If you usually wear spectacles, a photograph with glare on glasses is not acceptable in your photo. While you may wear spectacles for the photo shoot, if the glare cannot be avoided, then remove the spectacles. In addition, you must not wear spectacles with dark or tinted glasses.
- The poor quality of the photograph submitted will lead to the rejection of your GATE application,
without any refund of the application fee.
- Please draw a rectangular box size 2 cm × 7 cm (Height × Width) on an A4 white paper. Sign with a black or dark blue ink pen within this box. The signature size (Height × Width) should be at least 70~80% of the box size (preferred).
- The signature by any other person or in any colour (other than black and blue) will NOT be accepted.
- Get the digital image of the rectangular box (with your signature inside) scanned using a professional scanner. Crop it to the border of the box.
- Only the JPEG image format will be accepted.
- The maximum image size for the signature can be 160×560 pixels.
- The minimum image size for the signature should be 80×280 pixels.
- The signature must be signed only by the applicant and not by anyone else.
- If the applicant’s signature does not match the Admit Card’s signature at the time of examination, the applicant will be disqualified.
If candidates have any queries regarding How to Fill out the GATE 2024 Application Form, you can ask us by commenting below.
As a dedicated Biology Science graduate, I’m passionate about sharing the latest updates in national and state entrance exams through my blog. I aim to keep aspiring students informed about exam trends, important dates, and changes in syllabi. With a keen interest in education, I strive to offer valuable insights for students navigating the competitive landscape of entrance examinations and admission tests. Stay updated with me.