Latest Applications Open 2024:
GATE 2024 Eligibility has been revised now. GATE 2024 Exam will be conducted on 3rd, 4th, 10th & 11th February 2024 by IISc Banglore. IISc Banglore has announced the Eligibility Criteria for the GATE 2024 candidates with the Information Brochure and Poster. Eligibility Criteria prescribed by the Conducting Authority for the GATE 2024, Must be checked carefully by the Candidates. GATE Eligibility Criteria 2024 will consist of factors like Age Limit, Educational Qualification, Nationality, Aggregate Score, etc.
Candidates who satisfy the GATE 2024 Eligibility Criteria will be allowed to participate in the GATE 2024 Exam. Candidates not satisfying the GATE 2024 Eligibility Criteria will not be allowed to participate in the GATE 2024. GATE 2024 is conducted for taking admission into M.Tech and M.E courses by the IITs, NITs, and other institutions and colleges.
Candidates must note that the GATE 2024 Eligibility Criteria is only for the GATE 2024 Entrance Examination. The Eligibility Criteria for Admission into M. Tech will be different for different IITs. Candidates are requested to read the GATE 2024 Eligibility Criteria carefully.
GATE Eligibility Criteria 2024 – New Change (Revised)
GATE 2024 Eligibility Criteria – Revised Check Below-
Eligibility criteria to appear for GATE-2024 is relaxed from the minimum of 10+2+4 (ongoing) to a minimum of 10+2+3 (ongoing), enabling even those in the third year of their undergraduate studies to appear for the examination, thus providing an additional opportunity for candidates to improve their performance to secure better career options.
Direct Admission into various PSUs wants to hire candidates with a Humanities background; this new exam paper in GATE will prove to be a great enabler!”
Latest Applications For Various UG & PG Courses Open 2024
- Parul University | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- UPES Dehradun | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- Chandigarh University | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- LPU 2024 | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- IIAD, Delhi | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- GIBS, Bangalore | PGDM Applications Open. Package upto 15.5 LPA. Apply Now
- GNIOT, Greater Noida | Admissions Open for All Courses 2023. Apply Now
- Narayana Business School | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- The Design Village | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- IMS Ghaziabad UC Campus | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- KIIT School of Management | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- KSRM | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
Two new subject papers are being started: ES (Environmental Science and Engineering) and XH (Humanities and Social Sciences), making the total number of subject papers 27.
GATE Eligibility Criteria Overview
|Nationality||National & International|
|Qualification||Graduation in Engineering Field|
|Number of Attempts||No Restriction|
|Validity of Marks||3 Years|
Eligibility Criteria for GATE 2024 (No age limit)
|Qualifying Degree||Qualifying Degree / Examination|
|B.E./ B.Tech./ B.Pharm.||Bachelor’s degree holders in Engineering/Technology (4 years after 10+2 or three years after B.Sc./Diploma in Engineering /Technology)|
|B. Arch.||Bachelor’s degree holders of|
Architecture (5 years course)/Naval
Architecture (4 years
course)/Planning (4 years course)
|B.Sc. (Research)/ B.S.||Bachelor’s degree in Science (Post-Diploma/4 years after 10+2)|
|M. Sc./ M.A./MCA or equivalent||Master’s degree in any branch of Science/Mathematics/Statistics/Computer Applications or equivalent|
|Int. M.E./ M.Tech. (Post-B.Sc.)||Post-BSc Integrated Master’s degree programs in Engineering/Technology (4 years program)|
|Int. M.E./ M.Tech. or Dual Degree(after Diploma or 10+2)||Integrated Master’s degree program or Dual Degree program in Engineering/Technology (5 years program)|
|Int. M.Sc./ Int. B.S.-M.S.||Integrated M.Sc. or five years integrated B.S.-M.S. program|
|Professional Society Examinations* |
(equivalent to B.E./B.Tech./B.Arch.)
|B.E./B.Tech./B.Arch. Equivalent examinations of Professional Societies recognized by MHRD/UPSC/AICTE (e.g., AMIE by the Institution of Engineers-India, AMICE by the Institute of Civil Engineers-India and so on)|
Education Qualification for GATE 2024
Candidates with the following requirements are eligible to appear in GATE 2024. Eligibility criteria are relaxed. A Candidate currently studying in the 3rd or higher years of any undergraduate degree program OR who have already completed any Government approved degree program in Engineering / Technology / Architecture / Science / Commerce / Arts is eligible to appear for the GATE-2024 examination.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering /Technology (4 years after 10+2 or three years after B.Sc./Diploma in Engineering/Technology) and those in the final year of such programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture (Five years course) and those in the last year.
- Bachelor’s degree in a Four-year program in Science (B.S.) and those in the final year of such programs.
- Master’s degree in any branch of Science/ Mathematics/ Statistics/ Computer Applications or equivalent and those in the last year of such programs.
- Four-year Integrated Master’s degree (Post-B.Sc.) in Engineering/Technology and those in the second or higher year of such programs.
- Five-year integrated Master’s degree or Dual Degree in Engineering/Technology and those in the fourth or higher year of such programs
- Five-year Integrated M.Sc. or Five years Integrated B.Sc./M.Sc. Degree and those in the final year of such programs.
- Candidates with qualifications obtained through examinations conducted by professional societies recognized by UPSC/AICTE as equivalent to B.E. / B.Tech. Those who have completed section A of AMIE or the equivalent of such professional courses are also eligible.
Many Types of Paper and Codes Are:
- Aerospace Engineering – AE
- Agricultural Engineering – AG
- Architecture and Planning – AR
- Biomedical Engineering – BM
- Biotechnology – BT
- Civil Engineering – CE
- Chemical Engineering – CH
- Computer Science &Information Technology – CS
- Chemistry – CY
- Electronics and Communication Engineering –
- Electrical Engineering –EE
- Ecology and Evolution – XE
- Petroleum Engineering – PE
- Geology and Geophysics – GG
- Instrumentation Engineering – IN
- Life Sciences – XL
- Mathematics – MA
- Mechanical Engineering – ME
- Mining Engineering – MN
- Metallurgical Engineering – MT
- Petroleum Engineering – PE
- Physics – PH
- Production and Industrial Engineering –PI
- Textile Engineering & Fibre Science – TF
- Ecology and Evolution – EY
- Environmental Sciences And Engineering – ES – New Subjects
- Humanities and Social Sciences – XH – New Subjects
GATE Exam Pattern 2024:
In all the papers, General Aptitude (GA), there will be a total of 65 questions with 100 marks, out of which ten questions have 15 marks.
In the papers bearing the codes AE, AG, BT, BM, CE, CH, CS, EC, EE, IN, ME, MN, MT, PE, PI, TF, and XE, the Engineering Mathematics will carry around 15% of the total marks, the General Aptitude section will carry 15% of the total marks, and the remaining 70% of the total marks is devoted to the subject of the paper.
In the papers bearing the codes AR, CY, EY, GG, MA, PH, and XL, the General Aptitude section will carry 15% of the total marks, and the remaining 85% will be devoted to the paper’s subject.
For any other queries related to GATE 2024 Eligibility Criteria, you can ask us by leaving your comments below in the comment box.
As a dedicated Biology Science graduate, I’m passionate about sharing the latest updates in national and state entrance exams through my blog. I aim to keep aspiring students informed about exam trends, important dates, and changes in syllabi. With a keen interest in education, I strive to offer valuable insights for students navigating the competitive landscape of entrance examinations and admission tests. Stay updated with me.