Latest Applications Open 2023:
XAT 2024 Online Registration has been Started on 15th July 2023. Exam Dates has been Announced; the Examination will be held on 7th January 2024. In the competitive examinations, the Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT) has emerged as a frontrunner, captivating the attention of thousands of ambitious individuals yearning to pursue a career in management. XAT, a prestigious national-level entrance exam, is conducted by the Xavier School of Management (XLRI) on behalf of the Xavier Association of Management Institutes (XAMI). With the dawn of 2024, XAT is poised to unleash yet another edition of intellectual rigour and academic enthusiasm.
XAT 2024 is set to witness staggering participation as a growing number of students are drawn to the allure and significance of this esteemed examination. Over 1 lakh candidates register for XAT yearly, and over 70,000 appear for the exam. In XAT 2023, out of 98242 registered XAT candidates, about 80,000 appeared. The craze for XAT has steadily risen, reflecting its reputation as a prominent selection process for admission into top-tier B-schools. The enthusiasm and zeal surrounding the exam highlight the acknowledgement and recognition it garners within the academic and professional domains.
As the gateway to admission to prominent business schools, XAT is a litmus test for candidates’ aptitude, logical reasoning, decision-making skills, and verbal ability. It also encompasses a unique section on General Knowledge, which sets it apart from other management entrance exams. Moreover, XAT scores are widely accepted by more than 160 B-schools across India, making it a crucial determinant for admission into esteemed management programs. As the countdown begins, let the XAT 2024 unravel endless opportunities and pave the way to success for determined individuals seeking to make their mark in management.
XAT 2024 Notification – Registartion Started
XAT 2024 Latest News and Updates
The latest news and updates for XAT 2024 have revealed the critical dates for various events related to the examination. Registration for XAT 2024 begins on 15th July 2023, and registration’s last date is 30th November 2023. After registration, candidates eagerly await the release of their admit cards on 20th December 2023, which provide crucial details for the exam.
The XAT Exam Date is scheduled for 7th January 2024, where candidates will demonstrate their knowledge and skills across various sections. Following the exam, the answer key is expected to be released in January 2024, allowing candidates to evaluate their performance. Candidates can raise objections to the answer key during the third week of January 2024. The highly anticipated XAT 2024 result will be announced in February 2024, determining candidates’ eligibility for further admission stages. Candidates must stay updated through the official XAT website and notifications to ensure they are aware of any changes or updates throughout the process.
Latest Applications For Various UG & PG Courses Open 2023
What is XAT?
XAT, the Xavier Aptitude Test, is a renowned national-level MBA entrance exam that serves as a gateway to various MBA/PGDM courses. XAT, conducted annually by XLRI Jamshedpur on behalf of the Xavier Association of Management Institutes (XAMI), XAT offers aspirants a golden opportunity to pursue their management dreams in the top-ranked MBA colleges in India. Some notable institutions that accept XAT scores include XLRI, XIMB, IMT Ghaziabad, SP Jain, TAPMI, KJ Somaiya, and more. Over 150 academic institutes recognise XAT scores for their management programs.
It will consist of three parts to give candidates an insight into the structure of XAT 2024. Part 1 comprises sections on Verbal Ability and Logical Reasoning, Decision Making, and Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation, totalling 175 minutes. Part 2 involves a quick Mock Keyboard Testing, lasting for 5 minutes. Part 3 focuses on General Knowledge and an Essay writing section, with a time allocation of 30 minutes. The Essay writing component will be evaluated if the candidate is shortlisted for an interview, adding a layer of assessment.
The marking scheme for XAT Exam differs slightly from other MBA exams. 0.25 marks will be deducted for each incorrect answer, emphasising the importance of accuracy. If a candidate leaves more than eight consecutive questions unattempted, a penalty of -0.10 marks will be applied. However, it is essential to note that there is no negative marking in the General Knowledge section of XAT 2024, providing candidates with an opportunity to demonstrate their awareness and knowledge without the fear of deductions. With its unique exam pattern and marking scheme, XAT 2024 aims to challenge and assess aspiring managers’ comprehensive skills and abilities. It is a preferred choice for MBA aspirants due to its widespread acceptance by renowned institutions, further solidifying its significance in the competitive landscape of management entrance exams.
XAT 2024 Quick Links
|XAT Registration (Started)|
|XAT Admit Card|
|XAT Cut Off|
|XAT Participating Institute||–|
XAT 2024 Important Dates
XAT 2024 exam date is the first Sunday of January, i.e. Jan 7, 2024. XLRI Jamshedpur has released the official notification on 14th July 2023 on the official website- xatonline.in. XAT 2024 registration has been begin online from 15th July 2023. Candidates can check the given table to know the complete XAT exam dates:
15th July 2023
|Registration end date|
30th November 2023
20th December 2023
7th January 2024
|Answer key release|
2nd week of January 2024
|Answer critical objection window starts|
3rd week of January 2024
2nd week of February 2024
1st week of March
XAT 2024 Highlights
XAT 2024, a highly anticipated national-level MBA entrance exam, is poised to deliver many exciting features and opportunities. The table below provides the highlights of the XAT 2024, allowing candidates to stay informed about the basic information about the exam.
|XAT Full form|
Xavier Aptitude Test
|XAT Exam Conducting Body|
XLRI (Xavier School of Management, Jamshedpur)
|XAT Exam Level||National|
|XAT Exam Mode||Online|
|Number of Questions|
101 MCQs carrying 1 mark each + 1 Essay (250 words)
|Number of Parts||3|
|Sections in the XAT exam|
Part 1: Verbal and Logical Ability, Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation, Decision Making
Part 2: Mock Keyboard Testing
Part 3: General Awareness/ Knowledge, Essay Writing
|XAT Exam Duration|
210 minutes (175 minutes for Part 1, 5 minutes for Part 2, and 30 minutes for Part 3)
|Mode of XAT Application Form||Online only|
|XAT Application Fee|
INR 2000 (without late charges) + INR 200 for every XLRI program.
|XAT Minimum Eligibility Criteria|
To appear for XAT 2024, candidates must have a 3 yr bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognised university. Also, there is no upper age limit to take the XAT exam. Foreign candidates can also apply for XLRI admissions based on their GMAT scores.
|Total Intake in XLRI Jamshedpur|
180 seats each for PGDM BM & HRM programs
|Number of Attempts||No Restriction|
|XAT 2024 Official Website||xatonline.in|
|Helpline||+91 6576653203, +91 6576653204, firstname.lastname@example.org|
XAT 2024 Courses Offered
XAT 2024 offers various courses for aspiring candidates seeking admission to India’s prestigious MBA and PGDM program. The participating institutes accept XAT scores for their management programs, opening doors to various specialisations and career paths. Some main courses offered through XAT 2024 include:
- Master of Business Administration (MBA): This flagship program is designed to provide comprehensive business knowledge and develop leadership skills. It covers various domains such as finance, marketing, human resources, operations, and strategy.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM): PGDM programs focus on developing managerial skills and providing industry-oriented education. These programs emphasise practical learning, case studies, and experiential learning methodologies.
- Executive MBA (EMBA): EMBA programs are tailored for professionals with work experience who seek to enhance their managerial skills and advance their careers. These programs often have a flexible schedule to accommodate working professionals.
- Business Analytics: With the growing importance of data-driven decision-making, many institutes offer specialised programs in business analytics. These courses use statistical analysis, data mining, and predictive modelling techniques to extract insights and support strategic business decisions.
- Finance: Institutes offer specialised programs in finance to equip students with in-depth knowledge of financial management, investment analysis, risk assessment, and financial markets. These courses prepare students for roles in corporate finance, investment banking, financial consulting, and more.
- Marketing: Marketing programs focus on developing skills in consumer behaviour, brand management, market research, digital marketing, and marketing strategy. These courses enable students to pursue product management, advertising, sales, and marketing consulting careers.
- Human Resources Management: HR programs emphasise developing skills in recruitment, talent management, organisational behaviour, employee relations, and strategic HR planning. These courses prepare students for roles in HR departments, consulting firms, and talent acquisition agencies.
- Operations Management: Operations management programs focus on enhancing skills in supply chain management, logistics, process optimisation, quality management, and operations strategy. Graduates can pursue careers in manufacturing, retail, e-commerce, and consulting firms.
XAT 2024 Notification
On the 14th of July 2023, XLRI released the Exam Notification through a Press Release, providing important information about the upcoming XAT exam. This notification includes the exam date, format, and other relevant information. Candidates can also find the notification on the official XLRI exam website, xatonline.in. Furthermore, Notification 2024, containing comprehensive information about the exam, including exam centres and all the important dates, is also published in leading newspapers.
The Online Registration has been Started on 15th July 2023. Over the years, there has been a notable increase in the number of candidates applying for the Xavier Aptitude Test, as evident from the registration data of previous exams. The Notification states that 11 member institutes and 150 Associate institutes accept XAT scores for admission. It is worth mentioning that until 2017, the exam was conducted in a paper-based format. However, starting in 2018, the XAT exam has transitioned into an online computer-based test, providing candidates with a more convenient and efficient testing experience.
XAT 2024 Application Form
The XAT 2024 Application Form is a crucial step in applying for the XAT exam for the year 2024. Candidates interested in pursuing management education from participating institutes must complete and submit the application form carefully. Candidates are advised to review the details of the XAT 2024 Application Form:
- Candidates should thoroughly review the XAT 2024 Application Form details.
- The application form has been accessible from 15th July 2023.
- Candidates are required to complete the application form exclusively through online mode.
- It is essential for candidates to accurately provide various details in the application form, including education, personal, and communication information.
- Candidates must upload the necessary documents, such as a passport-size photograph and signature, in the prescribed format.
- The authorities will provide a correction facility for applicants to make necessary changes.
- Candidates can complete the application form until 30th November 2023.
- It is advisable to take a printout of the application form for future reference.
- The application fee can be paid online using a debit card, credit card, or net banking.
XAT 2024 Application Fees
Once the entire XAT application form has been filled out, candidates must proceed to pay the application fee for XAT 2024. The payment of the application fee is typically made through online modes, such as debit cards, credit cards, or net banking. Candidates are advised to carefully follow the instructions provided during the application process to ensure successful payment of the application fee. It is important to note that the application fee is non-refundable, even in cases of withdrawal or cancellation of the application. The fee structure for XAT registration is as follows:
- The XAT Registration Fee (without late fee) is Rs 2100/-
- Candidates interested in XLRI programmes must pay Rs 200/- for each fee.
- Indian candidates applying for GMP through GMAT will need to pay Rs 2500/-
- NRI/Foreign candidates applying for one or more programmes through GMAT will be required to pay Rs 5000/-
- SC candidates do not have a separate XAT registration fee.
How to Fill XAT Application Form
To fill out the XAT Application Form, follow these steps:
- Registration: Visit the official XAT website and click on the “Register” or “Apply Now” button. Create a new account by providing basic details like name, email address, and contact number. Upon successful registration, you will receive login credentials.
- Login: Use the provided login credentials to access your account on the XAT website.
- Fill Application Details: Fill in the required information in the application form, such as personal details (name, date of birth, gender), educational qualifications, and contact information. Ensure accuracy and double-check the entered information.
- Select XLRI Program: If interested in XLRI programs, select the desired courses from the available options. Additional fees may be applicable for XLRI program selection.
- Upload Documents: Upload the scanned copies of necessary documents, such as a passport-size photograph and signature, per the specified format and file size requirements.
- Fee Payment: Pay the application fee through the provided online payment options, which typically include debit card, credit card, or net banking. The fee amount may vary depending on your category and the programs you have chosen.
- Review and Submit: Review all the entered details and documents before final submission. Make sure everything is accurate and complete.
- Print Confirmation: After submitting the application form, take a printout of the confirmation page for future reference. It may contain important details like the application number and payment transaction ID.
For the XAT 2024 application, candidates must upload certain documents to complete their application process. The specific documents may vary, but here are the commonly requested documents for XAT 2024:
- Passport-size Photograph: A recent, coloured photograph of the candidate with a clear background. The photograph should meet the specified dimensions and file size requirements.
- Signature: A scanned image of the candidate’s signature on a plain white sheet of paper. The signature should be in black ink and scanned in a specific format.
- Category Certificate: Candidates belonging to reserved categories (SC/ST/OBC) may need to upload a scanned copy of their category certificate issued by a competent authority.
- Disability Certificate: Candidates with disabilities may be required to provide a disability certificate issued by a competent authority to avail of any applicable benefits or accommodations.
- Educational Documents: Candidates may need to provide scanned copies of their educational documents, such as mark sheets, degree certificates, and transcripts, depending on the information required in the application form.
XAT 2024 Application Correction
The conducting authority of XAT 2024 generally provides a correction facility for candidates to make changes or corrections in their submitted application forms. However, here is a general step-by-step guide for correcting the XAT 2024 application form:
- Visit the official XAT website: Go to the website designated for XAT 2024.
- Log in to your account: Use your registered credentials (username and password) to log in to your XAT applicant account.
- Find the correction facility: Look for the specific section or link on the website that allows you to make corrections in your application form. This section is typically labelled as “Application Correction” or something similar.
- Access the correction form: Click on the provided link or button to access the correction form. This will open a page where you can view and edit the fields that are eligible for correction.
- Review the editable fields: Carefully review the application form and identify the fields that can be edited or corrected. These fields may include personal details, educational information, contact details, and other relevant sections.
- Make necessary corrections: Modify the information as required for the fields that need to be corrected. Ensure that the updated details are accurate and correct. Follow any specific guidelines the conducting authority provides regarding the format or limitations for each field.
- Verify the corrections: After making the necessary corrections. Double-check the updated information to ensure its accuracy and completeness.
- Save the corrected application: Once satisfied with the corrections, save the corrected version of your application form. It is advisable to keep a copy of the corrected form for your reference.
- Submit the corrected application: After saving the corrected form, submit it through the designated option on the website. Once the corrected form is submitted, it is considered final, and no further changes will be permitted.
XAT 2024 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates aspiring to appear for XAT 2024 should thoroughly review the eligibility criteria before submitting their application. The fundamental requirement for eligibility is a bachelor’s degree from a recognised university in any discipline. The detailed eligibility criteria encompass educational qualifications, age limitations, and nationality. Take note of the following key points regarding XAT eligibility.
Both Indian and international students can apply for the XAT Exam. Moreover, NRI candidates are also considered eligible for the exam, as stated in the official notification issued by XLRI.
There is no maximum age limit for the XAT Exam. Candidates meeting the basic eligibility criteria can apply for the exam multiple times without restrictions.
Candidates who graduated from a recognised university can apply for XAT 2024. Notably, there is no minimum mark requirement for the online application process for the XAT Exam. Finally-year students are also eligible to apply; however, they must provide proof of their educational qualifications within a specified timeframe during the GDPI (Group Discussion and Personal Interview) round, as stipulated by the respective institutes.
XAT 2024 Exam Pattern
As per XAT Exam Pattern 2024, the question paper will be divided into 3 parts with 104 questions. Going through the detailed XAT exam pattern is extremely important to develop a sound preparation strategy.
- Exam Mode: XAT is conducted in an online computer-based test (CBT) mode at test centres located in over 70 major cities across India.
- Language Medium: The exam is conducted exclusively in English.
- Exam Duration: The total duration of the XAT exam is 210 minutes (3 hours 30 minutes), with 175 minutes allocated for Part 1, 5 minutes for Part 2 (mock keyboard testing), and 30 minutes for Part 3.
- Number of Questions: The question paper consists of 104 questions, including 101 multiple-choice questions (MCQs) and three essay questions (of which candidates must attempt 1).
- Section Division: Part 1 of the exam comprises three sections: Verbal and Logical Ability, Decision Making, and Quantitative Aptitude & Data Interpretation. Part 2 is dedicated to mock keyboard testing. Part 3 consists of two sections: General Knowledge and Essay Writing.
- Marking Scheme: Candidates receive one mark for each correct answer and a deduction of 0.25 marks for every wrong answer.
The candidates can expect the exact exam pattern and sectional weightage for XAT 2024, as tabulated below.
|Section||Subjects||Number of Questions|
XAT Exam Time
|Quantitative ability and data interpretation||28|
|Verbal and logical ability||26|
|Part-II||Mock Keyboard Testing (new section)||–||5 minutes|
|Essay||1 to be answered out of 3|
|Total||105 Questions||210 Minutes|
Part-1 of the exam consists of three sections: Decision Making, Verbal & Logical Ability, and Quantitative Aptitude & Data Interpretation. The total duration allocated for Part-1 is 175 minutes. Let’s take a closer look at each section:
- Decision Making: This section assesses a candidate’s ability to analyse and solve complex problems, make sound decisions, and evaluate different courses of action. It presents various scenarios and case studies, requiring candidates to identify the most appropriate solutions or actions. This section tests critical thinking, ethical reasoning, and decision-making skills.
- Verbal & Logical Ability: This section evaluates a candidate’s proficiency in the English language, comprehension skills, and logical reasoning. It includes questions on reading comprehension, vocabulary, grammar, critical reasoning, and verbal analogies. Candidates are tested on their ability to understand and interpret written passages, analyse arguments, and draw logical conclusions.
- Quantitative Aptitude & Data Interpretation (QA& DI): This section measures a candidate’s mathematical and analytical skills. It includes questions on various topics such as arithmetic, algebra, geometry, probability, and data interpretation. Candidates must solve mathematical problems, interpret data presented in different formats (tables, graphs, etc.), and draw conclusions based on the information.
Part-2 of the XAT 2024 exam is a mock keyboard testing round, which lasts 5 minutes. This section is designed to familiarise candidates with the computer-based test interface and keyboard use for typing answers or providing responses.
Candidates must allocate their time effectively across the sections of Part-1, as each section carries its weight and requires a specific set of skills and knowledge. Familiarising oneself with the question formats and practising time management strategies can significantly enhance performance in the XAT 2024 exam.
XAT 2024 Syllabus
The syllabus of the XAT Exam shares similarities with other MBA exams in India. However, two distinct chapters set it apart: Decision Making and Essay Writing.
- Decision Making: The Decision Making section of the XAT Exam presents scenarios related to business decisions and ethical dilemmas. Candidates are required to answer questions based on their understanding of the situation, making it a unique aspect of the XAT Exam.
- Other main subjects: Besides the Decision-Making section, the XAT Exam covers other essential subjects such as Quantitative Ability, Data Interpretation, Verbal & Logical Ability, and General Knowledge. These subjects are typically covered in most MBA exams in India.
Check the table below for an idea of the topics covered in the XAT Syllabus.
|XAT Exam Sections||Topics|
|Verbal and Logical Ability|
Vocabulary, Reading Comprehension, Critical Reasoning, Grammar, Fill in the Blanks, and many more
Assumptions, Seating Arrangement, Premises, Logical Sequencing, Conclusions, etc.
|Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation|
Mensuration, Surds, Indices, Algebra, Tables and Caselets, Percentages, Bar Diagrams, Pie Charts, etc.
Indian Government, Constitution of India, Business, Politics, Static GK, Science, Economy, Sports, Prize and Award, World, and many more
XAT 2024 Best Reference Book
Choosing the best reference book for XAT 2024 depends on individual preferences and learning styles. However, here are some popular books that candidates often find helpful for XAT preparation:
- “How to Prepare for Quantitative Aptitude for CAT” by Arun Sharma: This book provides comprehensive coverage of quantitative aptitude topics focusing on CAT, which aligns well with the quant section of XAT.
- “Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension for CAT” by Arun Sharma and Meenakshi Upadhyay: This book covers a wide range of verbal ability and reading comprehension topics essential for the verbal and logical ability section of XAT.
- “Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency” by Disha Experts: This book offers a collection of practice exercises and solved examples to help improve skills in data interpretation, a crucial area of the XAT syllabus.
- “Analytical & Logical Reasoning for CAT and Other Management Entrance Tests” by Peeyush Bhardwaj: This book focuses on logical reasoning and analytical reasoning topics, which are important for the decision-making section of XAT.
- “The Mega Yearbook 2023” by Disha Experts: This book provides comprehensive general knowledge and current affairs coverage, which can be helpful for the general knowledge section of XAT.
XAT 2024 Mock Test
Practising mock tests is highly recommended to prepare effectively for the XAT 2024 exam. Mock tests simulate the actual exam conditions and help you become familiar with the exam pattern, time management, and the types of questions asked. Here are some options for XAT 2024 mock tests:
- Official XAT Mock Tests: The official XAT website may provide official mock tests specifically designed to replicate the actual exam pattern. These mock tests are an excellent resource as they closely resemble the real exam.
- Coaching Institutes: Various coaching institutes and online platforms offer XAT-specific mock tests. Subject matter experts design these tests and can comprehensively assess your preparation level.
- Online Learning Platforms: Several online learning platforms offer XAT mock tests. These platforms often provide a large question bank, detailed solutions, and performance analysis to help you identify your strengths and weaknesses.
- Previous Years’ Question Papers: Practicing previous years’ question papers can give you an idea of the question patterns and difficulty level. While they may not be full-length mock tests, they are valuable for practice and understanding the exam structure.
XAT 2024 Preparation Tips
Preparing for the XAT 2024 exam requires a well-structured and disciplined approach. Here are some valuable tips to help you with your XAT preparation:
- Understand the Exam Pattern and Syllabus: Familiarize yourself with the XAT exam pattern, including the number of sections, types of questions, and time allocation. Additionally, carefully review the syllabus to identify the topics and subject areas that need more attention.
- Create a Study Plan: Develop a study plan to cover all the topics systematically. Allocate sufficient time for each section based on your strengths and weaknesses. Ensure your study plan is realistic and manageable.
- Practice Mock Tests: Regularly practice mock tests to simulate exam-like conditions and improve time management skills. Analyse your performance in mock tests to identify areas that require improvement and focus your efforts accordingly.
- Solve Previous Years’ Question Papers: Practice solving previous years’ questions to understand the exam pattern, familiarise yourself with question types, and identify recurring topics. This will help you better understand the exam and build confidence.
- Work on Time Management: XAT is a time-bound exam, so it is crucial to manage your time effectively. Practice solving questions under timed conditions to improve your speed and accuracy. Identify strategies that work best for you, such as tackling more straightforward questions first or allocating a specific time for each section.
- Strengthen your Basics: Focus on building a solid foundation in key topics such as quantitative aptitude, verbal ability, logical reasoning, and data interpretation. Understand the fundamental concepts and practice various questions to enhance your problem-solving skills.
- Improve Reading Comprehension Skills: Reading comprehension plays a significant role in XAT. Read articles, newspapers, and business magazines regularly to improve reading speed, comprehension, and critical analysis skills.
- Enhance Decision-Making Abilities: The Decision Making section in XAT requires a logical and analytical approach. Practice solving case-based scenarios and improve your decision-making skills by considering different perspectives and ethical considerations.
- Stay Updated with Current Affairs: Stay updated with current affairs, business news, and general knowledge. Read newspapers, follow relevant websites, and watch news channels to stay informed.
- Seek Guidance and Support: Consider joining coaching classes or online study groups to receive expert guidance and interact with peers preparing for the same exam. Discussing concepts, solving problems together, and sharing strategies can be beneficial.
XAT 2024 Admit Card
XLRI will release the XAT admit card for 2024 through the official website, xatonline.in, in the final week of December 2023. Those candidates who have completed their XAT registration process will be able to download the admit card. To download the XAT admit card, candidates must log in using their XAT login ID and password.
To gain entry to the exam centre, candidates must carry the XAT admit card along with a government-issued photo ID proof. It is advisable to download the admit card and keep a printed copy for future reference. Candidates should download the admit card well in advance to avoid any last-minute inconvenience.
The XAT admit card will be available for download through the official website in the last week of December 2023. Candidates must have their XAT login credentials to access and download the admit card. The admit card and a valid photo ID proof are mandatory for entry to the exam centre. Darting and printing the admit card beforehand is recommended to avoid any last-minute difficulties.
How to Download Admit Card
To download the admit card for XAT 2024, you can follow these steps:
- Visit the official website of XAT (Xavier Aptitude Test).
- Look for the “Download Admit Card” or similar option on the website’s homepage.
- Click on the provided link to access the admit card download page.
- You may be required to log in using your XAT registration credentials, such as your XAT ID and password. Enter the required details correctly.
- After logging in, locate and click on the “Download Admit Card” or similar button.
- The XAT admit card will be generated and displayed on the screen.
- Carefully review all the information on the admit card, such as your name, photograph, exam date, time, and exam centre details. Ensure that all the information is accurate.
- Once you have verified the details, click the “Download” or “Save” button to save the admit card to your device.
- It is recommended to take a printout of the admit card for future reference and to carry it to the examination centre on the exam day.
- Read and follow any additional instructions on the admit card regarding the exam day.
XAT 2024 Exam Centers
The XAT exam is conducted in over 70 cities, and candidates can choose up to three cities for test centre allotment during XAT registration. Check the list of XAT test cities below:
|Bokaro Steel City||Kannur||Surat|
Required Documents at the Exam time
During the XAT 2024 exam, it is essential to carry certain documents for verification purposes. The required documents may include:
- Admit Card: The printed copy of the XAT 2024 admit card you downloaded from the official website. Make sure to affix a recent passport-sized photograph on the admit card as per the specified instructions.
- Photo ID Proof: Any one of the following photo identification documents is generally required:
- Aadhaar Card
- PAN Card
- Voter ID Card
- Driving License
- College/University ID Card (valid and current).
Note: The ID proof should be original, valid, and not expired.
- Photocopy of ID Proof: It is recommended to carry a photocopy of your ID proof for submission at the exam centre. Ensure that the photocopy is clear and legible.
XAT 2024 Online Examination Instruction & Guidelines
For the online XAT 2024 exam, candidates must follow specific instructions and guidelines to ensure a smooth and fair examination process. Here are some instructions for the online examination:
- System Requirements: Ensure that your computer or device meets the system requirements for the online examination. This may include having a stable internet connection, a supported web browser, and any required software or plugins.
- Registration and Admit Card: Complete the registration process within the specified deadlines. After successful registration, you will receive an admit card containing important details such as your exam schedule, login credentials, and additional instructions.
- Familiarise Yourself with the Exam Interface: Before the exam, familiarise yourself with the online exam interface. Understand how to navigate the different sections, review or change answers, and submit your final responses. Mock tests or practice exams provided by the exam authorities can be helpful in this regard.
- Exam Day Preparation: On the exam day, ensure you have all the necessary equipment, including a computer or device, charger, and any allowed stationery. Find a quiet and well-lit area to take the exam, free from distractions.
- Time Management: Plan accordingly and allocate sufficient time for each exam section. Be mindful of the total duration of the exam and aim to complete all the sections within the given time frame.
- Follow Instructions Carefully: Read all the instructions before starting the exam. Pay attention to specific guidelines regarding question patterns, marking schemes, or changes in the usual exam format.
- Technical Support: In case of any technical issues during the exam, there may be a designated helpline or email support provided by the exam authorities. Make a note of the contact information beforehand to seek assistance if needed.
- Avoid Malpractice: Follow ethical practices and avoid any form of cheating or malpractice during the examination. Be aware of the exam rules and the consequences for violating them.
XAT Exam Day Guidelines
Some guidelines can help you prepare for your XAT exam day:
- Admit Card: Print a copy of your XAT admit card and prepare it before the exam day. The admit card contains important information such as your exam centre, reporting time, and other essential details. Remember to carry the admit card with you to the exam centre.
- Reporting Time: Plan to reach the exam centre well before the reporting time mentioned on your admit card. This will give you enough time to complete the necessary check-in procedures and settle down before the exam begins.
- Required Documents: Along with your admit card, bring a valid photo identification document (e.g., Aadhaar card, PAN card, driver’s license, or passport) as specified by the exam authorities. Make sure you have the original ID document and any photocopies required.
- Prohibited Items: Be aware of items not allowed inside the exam hall. These may include mobile phones, calculators, smart watches, electronic devices, study materials, and any other items specified by the exam authorities. Leave such items at home or in a safe place outside the exam hall.
- Essential Items: Carry only the necessary items such as pens, pencils, erasers, and a transparent water bottle. Check if any specific stationery items are required for the exam and ensure you have them.
- Dress Code: Follow the dress code specified by the exam authorities, if any. Dress comfortably, keeping in mind the weather conditions and the duration of the exam.
- COVID-19 Precautions: Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, additional guidelines and precautions may be in place. Follow any specific instructions provided by the exam authorities, such as wearing masks, maintaining physical distancing, and carrying personal hand sanitisers.
- Exam Instructions: Once inside the exam hall, listen attentively to the invigilators’ instructions and follow them carefully. Understand the rules regarding filling in the answer sheet, marking responses, and managing the allotted time for each section.
- Calm and Focus: Stay calm and focused throughout the exam. Manage your time effectively, read the questions carefully, and answer to the best of your ability. Avoid getting stuck on difficult questions, and remember to attempt all the questions within the given time limit.
XAT Exam Timings and Reporting Time
The XAT exam is scheduled for 3 hours and 10 minutes. The exam timings typically start at 2 PM and continue until 5.10 PM. Candidates are required to report to their designated test centres well in advance of the exam commencement time. Reaching the test centre at least 30 minutes before the scheduled start time is advisable to complete the necessary check-in procedures and avoid any last-minute rush. The reporting time allows candidates to settle in, complete the necessary formalities, and mentally prepare themselves before the exam begins.
XAT 2024 Answer Key
XLRI Jamshedpur will provide an online platform in the third week of January for candidates to raise objections against the XAT 2024 answer key. The XAT response sheet will also be available on the official website, xatonline.in. To access their XAT 2024 response sheet, candidates must enter their XAT ID and password.
The XAT answer key will be released after the availability of the XAT response sheet. Candidates must visit the XLRI official website to download the XAT 2024 answer key.
How to Download Answer Key Pdf?
To download the XAT answer key, candidates can follow the step-by-step procedure provided below:
- Go to the official website of XAT 2024.
- Log in to the website using your ID and Password.
- Once successfully logged in, navigate to the “Candidate Response” tab.
- Click on the tab to access the answer key.
- Download the answer key and review your responses.
XAT 2024 Response Sheet
The XAT response sheet records the candidate’s answers during the exam. The XAT response sheet will be released on the official website in the second week of January 2024. Candidates can download the response sheet from the website to review the answers they selected during the XAT 2024 examination.
How to Check Response Sheet
To download the response sheet for XAT 2024, candidates can follow these steps:
- Visit the website xatonline.in.
- Click on either the ‘login’ or ‘candidate response’ tab at the page’s top right corner.
- Enter your XAT login ID along with the date of birth or password.
- Click on the link for the candidate response tab.
- This will display your response sheet.
- Download the response sheet or take a printout of it for reference.
XAT 2024 Result
The XAT 2024 result is scheduled to be announced in the last week of January 2024. The result, along with the scorecard, will be made available online on the official website of XAT or XLRI, Jamshedpur. Candidates can access their XAT results and download the scorecard by logging in with their credentials. The XAT 2024 result cum scorecard will include candidate information, exam date and year, sectional scores and percentiles, and overall score and percentile.
How to check the XAT Result
To check your XAT result, you can follow these general steps:
- Visit the official website: Go to the official website of XAT or XLRI (Xavier School of Management), as they usually publish the XAT results on their respective websites.
- Look for the result link: Look for a link or tab related to the XAT result on the website’s homepage or the examination section. It is usually labelled as “XAT Result” or something similar.
- Click on the result link: Once you find it, click on it to proceed to the result page.
- Provide your credentials: On the result page, you may be required to enter your login credentials, such as your XAT registration number, XAT ID, and password. Enter the necessary details correctly.
- Access your result: After providing the required information, submit the form or click the “Login” or “Submit” button to access your XAT result. The result will be displayed on the screen.
- Download and print: Once the result is displayed, it is recommended to download and save a copy for future reference. You may also consider printing a hard copy of the result for your records or further admission processes.
XAT 2024 Cut-Off
Candidates appearing for XAT 2024 must achieve scores higher than the specified minimum cut-off criteria to be considered for the final selection. Meeting the XAT Cut Off is crucial for admission into the PGDM-HRM and PGDM-BM programs offered by XLRI Jamshedpur. The cut-off percentiles for XAT vary between male and female candidates, depending on their educational backgrounds. XLRI sets overall and sectional cut-off marks for each exam section. Furthermore, candidates with non-engineering backgrounds will have different XAT Cut Off requirements than those with engineering backgrounds.
Following the release of the XAT 2024 results, the examination authority will publish the XAT Cut Off for the PGDM Business Management (BM) and Human Resource Management (HRM) programs on its official website. To access your GD-PI details and status, you can log in to the official website using your XAT ID and date of birth credentials.
Note the table below for a basic overview of the XAT Cutoff for XLRI.
|XAT Cut Off 2024 release date|
February 2024 (Tentative)
|How to Check XLRI Cut Off|
Candidates Login Credentials
|Available for Download||Yes|
Factors Determining the XAT 2024 Cutoff
Determining the XAT 2024 cutoff by the Xavier School of Management (XLRI) involves considering various factors. After the XAT result is announced, an analysis is conducted to finalise the XAT Exam 2024 cutoff. The following factors contribute to determining the sectional cutoffs and overall XAT cutoff:
- The difficulty level of the exam: The complexity of the questions in XAT 2024 plays a crucial role in setting the cutoff. If the exam is more challenging, the cutoff will likely be lower.
- Number of applicants: The XAT cutoff 2024 is influenced by the number of candidates who apply for and appear in the exam. Higher competition due to a larger applicant pool typically leads to a higher cutoff, while less competition results in a lower cutoff. The availability of seats also affects the sectional cutoff.
- Number of seats available: The XAT sectional cutoff is influenced by the number of seats the participating institutes offer for admission to their MBA and PGDM programs. A limited number of seats creates more demand, leading to a higher cutoff, while a more significant number of seats reduces the demand and results in a lower cutoff.
- Reservation policy: The reservation policy, which allocates seats for candidates from different categories such as SC, ST, OBC, EWS, PWD, etc., also affects the score, percentile, and cutoff. A higher reservation policy translates to more seats reserved for specific categories and, therefore, a lower cutoff. Conversely, a lower reservation policy means fewer seats are reserved, resulting in a higher cutoff.
XAT Cut-Offs Top MBA Colleges
Below are the estimated XAT cutoff scores and percentiles for some of the leading institutes offering MBA admission:
|XAT colleges||XAT score|
XAT cut-off percentile
|Great Lakes Institute of Management||26-27.5||80-85|
XAT 2024 Cut Off for PGDM (BM)
The release date for the XAT Cut-Off 2024 is tentatively scheduled for February 2024. Please note that the exact date of the XAT Cut Off announcement may vary, and it is advisable to regularly check the official website or stay updated with the notifications provided by XLRI (Xavier School of Management) or the XAT conducting body. Keeping track of the official announcements will ensure you receive the most accurate and up-to-date information regarding the XAT Cut Off for the year 2024.
Note the table below to get official BM data on XLRI Cut Off 2023 for BM.
|XAT Cutoff for XLRI 2023 BM|
XAT 2024 Cut Off for PGDM (HRM)
The XAT Cut-Off 2024 is expected to be released in February 2024. However, please note that the exact date may vary. To stay updated and obtain the latest information, regularly check the official website or refer to notifications from XLRI or the XAT conducting body. This will ensure that you receive accurate and up-to-date details about the XAT Cut Off for 2024.
See the table below for the latest data on the official XLRI Cut-Off 2023 for HRM.
|XAT Cut Off 2023 HRM|
XAT 2024 Cut off for Other Colleges
The XAT Cut-Off 2024 is expected to be released in February 2024. However, please note that the exact date may vary. To stay updated and obtain the latest information, regularly check the official website or refer to notifications from XLRI or the XAT conducting body. This will ensure that you receive accurate and up-to-date details about the XAT Cut Off for 2024.
Below is the expected Cut off for Other Colleges for XAT 2024.
Expected XAT Cut Off Percentile
|Xavier Institute of Management, Bhubaneshwar||90+|
|Institute of Management Technology(IMT), Ghaziabad||90+|
|Great Lakes Institute of Management, Chennai||80+|
|Goa Institute of Management||85+|
|FORE School of Management||85+|
|Birla Institute of Management Technology, Greater Noida||75+|
XAT 2024 Selection Criteria
The selection procedure for XAT 2024 will commence for Participating Institutes once the GD/PI (Group Discussion/Personal Interview) shortlist is made available. Students who successfully clear the XAT cutoff 2024 will be eligible to participate in the selection rounds conducted by different institutes and colleges affiliated with XLRI, Jamshedpur. It is important to note that the XAT 2024 counselling process will be conducted online.
The XAT Selection procedure for 2024 consists of several steps that candidates must follow to secure admission into XLRI institutes:
Phase 1: Candidates must appear for XAT 2024.
To participate in XAT 2024, students must complete the application process by filling up the XAT 2024 registration form on the official website of XLRI. The application form will be available online, and students must provide the necessary details and pay the required fees to complete the registration process.
Phase 2: Shortlisting of Candidates
After the XAT 2024 exam, the authorities will announce the results tentatively in the last week of January 2024. XLRI and participating institutes will then proceed to shortlist students for further stages of the selection process, which may include group discussions (GD) and interviews. The shortlisting will be based on the cutoff marks specified by the participating institutes. Students who meet the cutoff criteria will be considered for the next phase.
Phase 3: Selection Rounds
Students who are shortlisted based on their XAT 2024 scores and cutoff marks will be called for the selection rounds. These rounds typically include group discussions (GD) and personal interviews (PI). The group discussion round may involve students discussing specific topics or presenting their views through essay writing. The personal interview round allows students to showcase their communication skills, personality traits, and suitability for the program. The interview panel will evaluate the performance of candidates in these rounds.
Phase 4: Final Selection
Following the selection rounds, the participating institutes will prepare a final list of selected students based on their performance in XAT 2024, group discussions, and personal interviews. The final selection list will include candidates who have successfully cleared all the selection stages and meet the criteria set by the respective institutes. The selected candidates will then be offered admission to the XAT participating institutes in the programs they have been offered.
XLRI Selection Process Through XAT
The XLRI (Xavier School of Management) selection process through the XAT (Xavier Aptitude Test) involves multiple stages that candidates must go through to secure admission to the various programs XLRI offers. Here is an overview of the XLRI selection process through XAT:
- XAT Exam: Candidates interested in pursuing programs at XLRI must appear for the XAT exam conducted by XLRI on behalf of the Xavier Association of Management Institutes (XAMI). The XAT exam assesses candidates’ aptitude in various areas, such as quantitative ability, verbal ability, logical reasoning, and general awareness.
- Shortlisting: XLRI shortlists candidates for further stages of the selection process based on their XAT scores after the XAT exam. The shortlisting is done considering the cutoff marks set by XLRI.
- Written Ability Test (WAT) or Essay Writing: Shortlisted candidates are typically required to participate in a Written Ability Test or an Essay Writing round. In this stage, candidates are given a topic or a set of questions to write about, and their written communication skills, analytical thinking, and clarity of expression are evaluated.
- Group Discussion (GD): Candidates who perform well in the Written Ability Test may be invited to participate in a Group Discussion round. In this stage, a group of candidates is given a specific topic or a case study to discuss. The panel assesses candidates’ ability to effectively communicate their ideas, listen and respond to others, and work collaboratively in a group setting.
- Personal Interview (PI): Shortlisted candidates also undergo a Personal Interview round. In the PI round, candidates are interviewed by a panel of experts who assess their overall personality, communication skills, academic background, work experience (if applicable), and suitability for the specific program they have applied to.
- Final Selection: The final selection of candidates is based on their performance in the XAT exam, Written Ability Test/Essay Writing, Group Discussion, and Personal Interview rounds. The selection committee considers various factors such as academic achievements, work experience, diversity, and overall performance during the selection process.
XAT 2024 GD and PI Process
The Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview (PI) process for XAT 2024 is crucial in selecting candidates for various management programs. Here is an overview of the GD and PI process for XAT 2024:
Group Discussion (GD):
- Shortlisting: After the XAT 2024 exam, candidates who meet the cutoff criteria set by the participating institutes may be shortlisted for the GD round.
- Topic or Case Study: Shortlisted candidates are divided into groups and given a topic or a case study to discuss. The topics vary widely, including current affairs, social issues, business scenarios, and abstract subjects.
- Communication and Participation: During the GD, candidates are evaluated on their communication skills, leadership abilities, problem-solving approach, logical reasoning, and ability to articulate their thoughts clearly. Active participation, effective listening, and respecting others’ opinions are also important.
- Content and Quality of Ideas: The quality of ideas presented, depth of analysis, coherence, and the ability to provide logical arguments or counter-arguments are assessed by the panel.
- Time Management: Candidates must manage their time effectively to contribute meaningfully to the discussion within the given time frame.
- Confidence and Body Language: Confidence, assertiveness, and maintaining positive body language are crucial in making a favourable impression during the GD.
Personal Interview (PI):
- Shortlisting: Candidates who perform well in the GD round are further shortlisted for the PI round.
- Individual Interview: In the PI round, candidates face a one-on-one interview with a panel of interviewers. The interviewers assess various aspects such as the candidate’s academic background, work experience (if any), achievements, leadership potential, interpersonal skills, career goals, and overall personality.
- Depth of Knowledge: The panel may ask questions to assess the candidate’s depth of knowledge in their field of study, current affairs, business environment, and other related topics.
- Problem-Solving and Decision-Making Skills: Candidates may be given hypothetical or real-life scenarios to assess their problem-solving skills, ability to handle pressure and decision-making capabilities.
- Self-Awareness and Clarity of Goals: Interviewers may inquire about the candidate’s motivation to pursue a management program, strengths and weaknesses, and long-term career goals.
- Personality and Interpersonal Skills: Communication skills, confidence, adaptability, teamwork, leadership potential, and ethical values are evaluated during the PI round.
XAT 2024 Admission Procedure
The XAT 2024 admission procedure involves multiple stages, including the XAT exam, shortlisting based on cutoff scores, group discussions, written ability tests, personal interviews, and final selection. Candidates register, appear for the exam, and undergo evaluation. The final selection is based on overall performance. Stay updated with official notifications for a smooth admission experience.
Here is an overview of the XAT 2024 admission procedure:
- XAT Exam Registration: Candidates must register for the XAT 2024 exam by filling out the application form on the official website. The registration process typically includes providing personal details, educational qualifications, uploading documents, and paying the application fee.
- XAT Exam: Candidates must appear for the XAT 2024 exam, which is conducted on the designated date. The exam assesses candidates’ aptitude in areas such as quantitative ability, verbal ability, logical reasoning, and general awareness.
- XAT Result: The authorities tentatively announce the XAT 2024 results in the last week of January after the XAT exam. Candidates can check their results on the official website using their login credentials.
- Shortlisting: Participating institutes release cutoff scores based on the XAT results. Candidates who meet the cutoff criteria are shortlisted for the subsequent stages of the selection process, such as Group Discussion (GD), Written Ability Test (WAT), and Personal Interview (PI).
- Group Discussion and Written Ability Test: Shortlisted candidates participate in Group Discussions and/or Written Ability Tests. These stages assess candidates’ communication skills, logical thinking, writing ability, and ability to present their viewpoints effectively in group settings.
- Personal Interview: Candidates who clear the GD and WAT are invited for the Personal Interview round. In the PI round, candidates face a one-on-one interview with the interview panel, where their overall personality, academic background, work experience (if any), communication skills, and suitability for the program are evaluated.
- Final Selection: The final selection is based on the candidates’ performance in the XAT exam, GD, WAT, and PI. The participating institutes consider various factors, including academic records, work experience, diversity, and overall performance during the selection process. The final selection list is prepared, and candidates who make the cut-off are offered admission to the management programs of the respective institutes.
Required Documents at the Admission Time
While the specific document requirements may vary depending on the participating institutes and their specific programs, here is a list of standard documents that are typically required during the admission process:
- XAT Admit Card: The admit card for the XAT 2024 exam is an essential document that must be presented at admission.
- XAT Scorecard: The official XAT 2024 scorecard is required to verify the candidate’s performance in the exam. It is typically available for download from the official XAT website.
- Application Form and Fee Receipt: The copy of the filled-in application form and the payment receipt or acknowledgement of the application fee must be submitted.
- Academic Documents: Candidates must usually submit their academic documents, such as mark sheets, degree certificates, or provisional certificates from their qualifying examinations (undergraduate or postgraduate degrees). This includes documents from school, college, or university.
- Work Experience Certificate: If the candidate has any prior work experience, a work experience certificate from the employer indicating the duration and nature of employment is typically required.
- Caste/Category Certificate: Candidates belonging to reserved categories are usually required to provide valid caste/category certificates as per the guidelines and formats specified by the respective authorities.
- Domicile Certificate: In some instances, candidates may be required to submit a domicile certificate to establish their residency status or eligibility for specific quotas.
- Photo Identification: A valid government-issued photo identification document such as an Aadhaar card, PAN card, passport, or driver’s license is typically required for identity verification.
- Passport-sized Photographs: Candidates must submit recent passport-sized photographs per the specified format and guidelines.
- Other Supporting Documents: Additional documents, such as a proof of address, birth certificate, income certificate, or any other document specified by the participating institute, may be required.
Top Colleges Accepting XAT Scores
Find below the list of top Colleges Accepting XAT Scores.
- Institute of Management Technology, Ghaziabad
- MICA Ahmedabad
- WOXSEN University
- Xavier Institute of Social Service, Ranchi
- Great Lakes Institute of Management
- T. A. Pai Management Institute, Manipal
- S.P. Jain Institute of Management and Research, Mumbai
- Prin. L.N. Welingkar Institute of Management Development & Research, Bengaluru
- ITM, Navi Mumbai
- Institute of Public Enterprise, Hyderabad
- Goa Institute of Management, Goa
- K.J. Somaiya Institute of Management Studies and Research, Mumbai
- FORE School of Management, New Delhi
- Institute of Rural Management, Anand
- Institute for Financial Management and Research
- Xavier Institute of Management and Entrepreneurship, Bangalore
- St. Francis Institute of Management and Research, Mumbai
- Xavier Business School (XBS), St. Xavier’s University Kolkata
- Loyola Institute of Business Administration, Chennai
XLRI Jamshedpur Placement Statistics
XLRI Jamshedpur has achieved a remarkable feat by completing the placements for the 2022 batch of PGDM BM and PGDM HRM programs, maintaining a 100% placement record. Here is a concise overview of the placement statistics for the 2022 batch at XLRI Jamshedpur:
- Consulting firms extended job offers to 24% of the candidates, highlighting the strong presence of consulting opportunities for XLRI graduates.
- Roles in the Gaming & Online Services, ITES, and E-Commerce sectors constituted 27% of the offers made, demonstrating the increasing significance of these industries in the job market.
- Sales & Marketing roles accounted for 25% of the offers, underlining the demand for skilled professionals.
- Prominent companies such as Amazon, Paytm, ITC, BCG, Accenture Strategy, and Microsoft emerged as top recruiters, making many job offers to XLRI graduates.
|Percentage of Students who received Pre-placement Offers||40.28%|
|Median Salary||INR 29 LPA|
|Average Salary||INR 30.73 LPA|
|Highest Domestic Offer|
INR 60+ LPA (BFSI Domain)
|Highest International Offer|
INR 58.5 LPA (S & M Domain)
|Top 10th Percentile Average Salary||INR 48.42 LPA|
|Top 25th Percentile Average Salary||INR 41.2 LPA|
ITC, Paytm, Accenture, Freshworks, Microsoft, American Express, Amazon, Swiggy, PWC
XAT 2024 Contact Information
XLRI (Xavier School of Management), located in Jamshedpur, Jharkhand, India, is one of the premier business schools in the country. Here are the contact details of XAT 2024.
XLRI Xavier School of Management,
H. Area (East), Jamshedpur – 831001, Jharkhand, India
Phone: +91-6576653203 / +91-6576653204
XAT 2024 allows aspiring management students to showcase their aptitude and secure admission to esteemed institutes offering management programs. The XAT exam is the initial step, followed by the multi-stage selection process involving shortlisting, group discussions, written ability tests, personal interviews, and final selection. Candidates must stay updated with official notifications and instructions from participating institutes to ensure a smooth and successful admission experience.
The participating institutes accepting XAT scores offer diverse programs and have a strong network of recruiters, providing students with excellent placement prospects. Aspiring candidates should use the resources available, prepare diligently, and put their best foot forward to maximise their chances of securing admission to their desired institutes through XAT 2024.
XAT 2024 FAQs
Is CAT tougher than XAT?
The difficulty level of the CAT and XAT exams is subjective, both highly competitive. CAT is known for its complex quantitative questions, while XAT includes additional sections like Decision Making and General Knowledge. The perception of which exam is more arduous varies depending on individual strengths and preferences.
Is XAT accepted in IIM?
No, XAT scores are not accepted for admission to the Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs). The IIMs conduct their entrance exam called the Common Admission Test (CAT) for admission to their management programs. XAT scores are primarily accepted by XLRI (Xavier School of Management) and other participating institutes for their management programs.
Who is eligible for XAT?
Candidates who have completed a bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a recognised or deemed university can apply for XAT. There is no specific age limit or minimum percentage requirement. Students in their final year of graduation are also eligible to apply. However, it is important to check the specific eligibility criteria of each participating institute as they may vary.
Can I crack XAT without coaching?
Yes, it is possible to crack XAT without coaching. Self-study, discipline, and effective time management are key. Utilise online resources, study materials, and mock tests to prepare comprehensively. Develop a structured study plan, focus on weak areas, and practice extensively to improve your aptitude, analytical, and communication skills for success in the XAT exam.
What is 80% in XAT?
In XAT, “80%” generally refers to the percentile score obtained by a candidate in the exam. XAT uses a percentile-based scoring system, which indicates the percentage of candidates who scored lower than a particular candidate. An 80% percentile in XAT means that the candidate has performed better than approximately 80% of the test-takers, while 20% of the candidates have scored higher than them.
Does any IIT accept XAT scores?
No, the Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) do not accept XAT scores for admissions to their management programs. The IITs primarily consider scores from the Common Admission Test (CAT) for their management programs. XAT scores are generally accepted by XLRI (Xavier School of Management) and other participating institutes for their management programs.
Which colleges accept the 50 percentile in XAT?
Over 800 B-schools in India accept XAT scores. These include Tier-1 and Tier-2 colleges which select candidates based on XAT scores in various ranges. Check some XAT 50 to 60 percentile colleges for MBA admission here.
Can I crack XAT in 5 months?
Yes, it is possible to crack XAT in 5 months with dedicated and focused preparation. Develop a structured study plan, cover all sections thoroughly, practice regularly with mock tests and previous year papers, and analyse your performance. Focus on strengthening weak areas, improving time management skills, and enhancing critical thinking and problem-solving abilities to increase your chances of success in the XAT exam.
When will XLRI release XAT 2024 application form?
The application form for XAT 2024 has been available to candidates from 15th July 2023. During this period, candidates will have the opportunity to access and fill out the application form online. It is essential for candidates to carefully fill in all the required details, upload the necessary documents, and complete the application fee payment process within the given timeline. The application window will remain open until the second week of December 2023, providing candidates with sufficient duration to complete the application process and submit their applications for XAT 2024.
In case of any error during the application form process, can I get the correction facility from the institute?
Yes, usually, XAT provides a correction window or facility for candidates to rectify any errors or make changes in their application forms. This correction facility allows candidates to review and edit their submitted information, upload correct documents, and make necessary modifications within a specified period.
What will be the last date for submission of the application form?
The application window for XAT 2024 will be open for a considerable period, extending until the second week of December 2023. This duration allows candidates ample time to complete the application process and submit their applications for XAT 2024. Candidates can utilise this extended timeframe to carefully fill in the application form, review their entered information, ensure the accuracy of the provided details, and upload the necessary documents as required.
Can I submit the application form offline mode?
No, the XAT application form cannot be submitted in offline mode. The application process for XAT is typically conducted online. Candidates must visit the official website of XAT or the participating institutes to access the online application portal. They must fill in the necessary details, upload the required documents, and pay the application fee online.
What types of questions will be there in the entrance examination?
The XAT entrance examination typically consists of various questions to assess candidates’ aptitude and skills. The exam includes Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension, Quantitative Ability, Decision Making, General Knowledge, and Essay Writing sections.
What will be the mode of examination?
The mode of examination for XAT 2024 is typically computer-based or online. Candidates are required to take the exam on a computer at designated test centres. They will have a computer interface to navigate the exam sections, read and answer the questions, and submit their responses within the allotted time.
Will there be any negative markings in the examination?
Yes, there is a provision for negative marking in the XAT examination. Typically, a penalty of 0.25 or 0.10 marks (depending on the specific year’s exam pattern) is deducted from the candidate’s total score for each incorrect answer. This negative marking system is in place to discourage random guessing and to encourage candidates to attempt questions only when they are reasonably confident about the correct answer.