Latest Applications Open 2024:
XAT 2024 Exam will be Organized on 8th January 2024. The XAT Exam program coincides with the XAT 2024 Exam model for the XAT Exam year. The XAT syllabus changes based on changes in the XAT Exam model.
Because the XAT Exam is the XLRI Entrance Exam, XAT Exam model changes also result in XAT program changes. As a result, the 2024 Exam syllabus of the Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT) is not strictly defined by XLRI.
As a result, the XAT 2024 Exam Syllabus is based on past trends in the XAT model and Exam program. Changes over the years in the Exam have also been incorporated into the curriculum for XAT 2024.
XAT Exam Pattern 2024
|Section||No. of Questions||Total Marks||Total Time|
|Decision Making||22||22||150 Min|
|Verbal and Logical Ability||26||26|
|Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation (QA & DI)||27||27|
|General Knowledge (GK)||25||25||30 Min|
|Total||100||100||180 Min (3 hours)|
Marking Scheme – Each correct answer will receive a score, and 1/4 (0.25 points) will be deducted for each incorrect answer. There is also a negative marking for unresolved issues. After eight unanswered questions, there would be a negative score of 0.5 points for each unresolved question.
Section-wise XAT Syllabus 2024
Section-1: Verbal Ability, Reading Comprehension & Logical Reasoning
Section Highlights: Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT) Exam Syllabus for Verbal Ability, Reading Comprehension and Logical Reasoning section in XAT 2024 is divided into three parts.
The 1st part of the XAT 2024 syllabus covers questions based on Verbal Ability; 2nd part of the XAT 2024 Exam syllabus on the 1st section covers Reading Comprehension passages, and the 3rd part of the XAT 2024 Exam syllabus on VARC & LR section is based on questions on different topics on Logical Reasoning.
Latest Applications For Various UG & PG Courses Open 2024
- Parul University | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- UPES Dehradun | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- Chandigarh University | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- LPU 2024 | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- IIAD, Delhi | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- GIBS, Bangalore | PGDM Applications Open. Package upto 15.5 LPA. Apply Now
- GNIOT, Greater Noida | Admissions Open for All Courses 2023. Apply Now
- Narayana Business School | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- The Design Village | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- IMS Ghaziabad UC Campus | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- KIIT School of Management | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- KSRM | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
Number of Questions: 26. The revamped pattern in the XAT Exam syllabus for VARC & LR section shows 26 MCQs in this section of the XAT Exam.
Major Topics covered in XAT 2024 Syllabus for VARC & LR are
Part-1: Verbal Ability
Topics on which VA questions are based:
- English Vocabulary based questions – fill in the blanks with correct words; synonyms/antonyms; contextual usage on vocabulary words
- Jumbled Paragraphs
- Correction of errors in sentences, correct use of words
- Completion of sentences
- Completion of the paragraph
Part-2: Reading Comprehension (RC)
- The share of Reading Comprehension in the VARC&LR section is very high
- Topics on which RC passages are based: Abstract topics, Literature, Social and Economic issues; Science & Culture; history & fiction, among others.
- There is no clear-cut definition of RC topics in the XAT Exam syllabus. RC passage on any topic under the Sun can be placed in XAT 2018 Exam.
- Type of RC passages: Moderate and short
- Type of Questions: All MCQ type
Format of questions: Questions based on information in the RC passage; explanation of the words & phrases as used in the passage; In the context of the passage –True/false statements; Author’s view on various issues raised in the RC passage; Inference from the passage; the main idea of RC passage; Purpose of the RC passage
Part-3: XAT Exam Syllabus for Logical Reasoning (LR)
- The share of LR questions in the XAT syllabus for the 2024 Exam is not very high. Usually, there are few critical reasoning and a few LR-based questions in XAT Exam. All questions are of MCQ type.
- Topics covered in the XAT Exam syllabus 2024 on which LR questions are based: Analogy, Clocks, calendars, Fact, Inference, Judgement, binary logic, seating arrangement, blood relations, logical sequence, assumption, premise, and conclusion.
- XLRI Entrance Exam syllabus defines that questions on Logical Reasoning can be individual or can be in sets.
Section-2: Decision Making
Section Highlights: XAT Syllabus on Decision Making is unique as neither CAT nor any other national-level entrance Exam has Decision Making as one of its Exam sections. Decision Making is the problem or case-solving expertise of a candidate.
Number of Questions: 22
Major Topics Covered: Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT) measures such skills broadly on the following topics
- Conditions and Grouping Test;
- Data Arrangement Test;
- Complex Arrangement;
- Decision Making in a situation;
- Case lets
Section-3: Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation
Section Highlights: The syllabus of the XAT Exam 2024 for the Quant and DI section is vast. QA & DI is the 3rd and last section in the revamped XAT Exam pattern. This section in XAT 2024 is considered for the XAT percentile calculation. The syllabus of XAT 2024 for Quant is vast and covers everything in Mathematics that you may or may not expect.
Number of Questions: 27
Major Topics in XAT Quant Syllabus are:
- LCM and HCF
- Profit and Loss
- Interest (Simple and Compound)
- Speed, Time and Distance; Time and Work; Averages; Ratio and Proportion and others
- Number System
- Geometry, including Co-ordinate Geometry
- Pure Math
- Venn diagrams
- Linear Equations
- Quadratic Equations
- Complex Numbers
- Binomial Theorem
- Surds and Indices
- Permutation and Combination
- Probability Functions
- Set Theory
- Mixtures and Allegations
Data Interpretation (DI)
Questions in the Data Interpretation part of the XAT Exam are usually insets. Sometimes individual questions are also asked. Topics on which DI questions are based are:
- Data Tables
- Data charts
- Bar diagrams
- Pie charts
- Data analysis and comparison
Section-4: General Knowledge (GK)
Highlights: XAT Exam syllabus 2024 for the second part of the XAT Exam consists of only one Section. General Awareness (GK) consists of Multiple choice questions (MCQs).
General Knowledge: As per the changed pattern of the XAT Exam, there would be Multiple Choice questions in the XAT 2024 Exam on General Awareness. The score in the GK section will not be counted for the XAT percentile calculation.
Number of Questions: 25
Major Topics Covered :
- Economics, finance,
- National and International current affairs
- Conventional GK
- Constitution of India
- Company profiles, logos,
- Business & Economy
- Who’s who
- Books & Authors
- Capitals & Currencies
Key Points to Note on XAT Syllabus
- Applicants to the XLRI Entrance Examination Program must remember that the XAT 2024 Examination Program and the XLRI Program are no different.
- The curriculum and the XAT model are the results of previous subjects appearing in the XAT Exam. However, the questions’ type, composition, format, and number may change in each subsequent XAT Exam program.
- There would be no repetition of XAT issues.
- The difficulty level of the questions according to the 2024 XAT program may be higher or lower in the XAT 2024 Exam model.
The 2024 XAT Examination Program means that the XAT 2024 Exam questions will remain in the prescribed general areas of the 2024 XAT Examination Program.
- The XLRI-XAT Entrance Examination Program or the XAT 2024 Exam is not predefined by XAT 2024.
- The XLRI, Jamshedpur, and XAT programs have also been described above. The XAT 2024 Exam program is based on the above guidelines and the current structure of the XAT Exam.
Overview of XAT Syllabus 2024
Verbal and Logical Ability
|Reading Comprehension and Vocabulary||Fill in the blanks||Para Completion|
|Analogy-based on vocabulary||Para Jumble||Paragraph formation questions|
|Sentence correction||Pronunciation||Critical Reasoning and Inference|
RC topics in XAT are generally abstract or from Literature or based on Social and Economic issues, Science & Culture, and history & fiction, among others.
Logical Reasoning topics to study for XAT 2024
|binary logic||seating arrangement||blood relations|
|logical sequence||assumption||premise, conclusion|
Quantitative Aptitude (QA) & Data Interpretation (DI)
In XAT, there are three sets of DI questions. Quant has similar sections to CAT Exam. In XAT 2024, will be 27 questions from the Quantitative Aptitude and Data Interpretation section. Here are some of the topics to study:
|Percentage||Tables and Case lets||Linear and Quadratics Equations|
|Profit and Loss||Probability||Surds and Indices|
|Ratio and Proportion||Critical Path||Inequalities|
|Variation||Averages and Partnerships||Logarithms|
|Time and Work||Allegations and Mixtures||Numbers|
|Time, Speed, and Distance||Algebra||Mensuration|
|LCM and HCF||Simple and Compound Interest||Geometry|
|Pure Maths||Venn Diagram||Trigonometry|
|Data Tables||Data charts||Graphs|
|bar diagrams||Pie charts||Data analysis|
Topics under this section include:
|Decision making||Logical Reasoning||Sets|
The GK syllabus consists mainly of the following topics:
|Awards and winners||History||Static GK|
|Business and Politics||Geography||Famous Personalities|
|Government and Economy|
If you have any queries about XAT Syllabus 2024, comment.
As a dedicated Biology Science graduate, I’m passionate about sharing the latest updates in national and state entrance exams through my blog. I aim to keep aspiring students informed about exam trends, important dates, and changes in syllabi. With a keen interest in education, I strive to offer valuable insights for students navigating the competitive landscape of entrance examinations and admission tests. Stay updated with me.