Latest Applications Open 2024:
The authority conducting the review will publish CAT Eligibility 2023. It will be conducted by the Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) on a rotation basis. The CAT 2023 (Common Admission Test) is conducted by the Indian Institute of Management Lucknow.
This exam is held annually for admissions in top B-Schools and all the IIM (Indian Institute of Management). Every year many students appear for this exam. Everyone won’t be eligible for giving the CAT exam 2023.
The students must also have some questions, like what is the CAT Exam eligibility and criteria? In this article, we will tell you about the CAT exam Eligibility. And will also provide solutions to all the queries asked for CAT exam Eligibility.
50% marks in Graduation
According to CAT 2023 eligibility, a candidate can appear in CAT 2023 if he/she holds a Bachelor’s Degree with at least 50% marks or an equivalent CGPA. The candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST), and Differently Abled (DA) categories need only 45% marks.
Final-year students eligible to apply
CAT exam eligibility criteria further clarify that candidates in the final year of Graduation are also eligible to apply for CAT 2023.
Latest Applications For Various UG & PG Courses Open 2024
- Parul University | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- UPES Dehradun | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- Chandigarh University | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- LPU 2024 | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- IIAD, Delhi | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- GIBS, Bangalore | PGDM Applications Open. Package upto 15.5 LPA. Apply Now
- GNIOT, Greater Noida | Admissions Open for All Courses 2023. Apply Now
- Narayana Business School | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- The Design Village | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- IMS Ghaziabad UC Campus | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- KIIT School of Management | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- KSRM | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
The numbers for students will be more than lakhs. These students strive hard to compete with other students. The Exam is not too easy to crack.
Only the students with high memory power and proper planning pass with good results. This is one of the most competitive exams in the Country, which attracts graduates from all the streams.
A student with a good percentile will get a rewarding career in the Management Industry. The packages of the Management Companies are very high. The authorities can change the exam pattern at any time if they feel so. Till now, the authorities have changed patterns many times.
Change in Eligibility Criteria 2023
CAT Examination authorities don’t change the eligibility criteria most frequently. But they have the right to change it at any time. This year the authorities do not authorise the criteria to change for this year.
Over the past years, the exam criteria remain the same for the CAT exam without any changes. Since 2014, the IIMs (Indian Institute of Management) MBA and CAT Exam have faced many clashing points.
However, candidates can appear for the CAT Exam. There is no age bar to appear for this CAT Exam but to get admission in the B-School, there is a minimum requirement of Completion of Graduation.
This is where both of them Clashes. You can appear for the CAT exam just after two years of appearing for Graduation. But for this year, that is for 2023, the CAT Exam eligibility and Syllabus both remain the same.
Marks in Graduation for CAT 2023 exam
According to the CAT Exam eligibility, any person can appear for the CAT (Common Admission Test) Examination who has secured a minimum of 50% of the percentage or the equal equivalent of CGPA in Graduation.
This CAT Exam eligibility criterion is for open castes. The candidates belonging to different casts are the Scheduled Castes (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST), and the Other Backward Classes (OBC) have 45 % of the criteria or an equal amount of CGPA.
According to CAT Authorities, the students appearing in the Last year’s degree course, that is, last year’s graduation, can appear for their CAT exam. If these students get selected, they can appear for the MBA courses in different colleges that provide them.
These students can join the provisional program of MBA but only if the candidate submits their Passing Certificate or result. The student must also submit a letter given by the Principal/ Registrar of the college/ Institute stating that the candidate has completed all the study and research work required for the Bachelor’s degree or the completion of Graduation.
- Students should have passed a bachelor’s degree from any recognized university or college.
- In graduation, candidates should have obtained at least 50% marks for general candidates and 45% for SC, ST & PwD/DA candidates.
- The percentage of marks secured by students will be calculated based on the practice followed by the college/university from where candidates have obtained the bachelor’s degree.
- Students in the final year of a bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification are also eligible to apply.
- Students appearing in the qualifying exam must produce a certificate from the principal/registrar of their college latest by 30th June 2023 stating that the candidate has completed all the requirements for obtaining the bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification.
Students have to qualify/appear in any one of the following examinations to get eligible for CAT 2019:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering/ technology or BE/B. Tech equivalent examinations of Professional Societies recognized by MHRD/UPSC/AICTE.
- Any qualification recognized by AIU, New Delhi, is equivalent to a bachelor’s degree awarded by colleges/ universities recognized by UGC.
Key Points to Ensure Your CAT Exam Eligibility
- There is no age bar for appearing in CAT Exam.
- The marks or the percentage obtained by the candidates would be calculated based on the practice by the respected University or Institution.
- In the case of Grades or CGPA obtained, the percentage is calculated concerning the guidelines provided by the exam authorities.
- Also, CAT Exam eligibility further allows the candidate to appear in the next CAT exam if a person has graduated from the old system of 2 years of graduation. But 3 conditions have to be fulfilled. 1) The candidate must have completed a Bachelor’s degree with the required percentage of marks. 2) The candidate must have completed any of the CA/CS/ICWA professional degrees with the required percentage or grade. 3) The candidate should be in the final year of a Bachelor’s degree course with the required percentage or CGPA.
- Suppose any University or Institution confirms that there is no scheme for converting the CGPA obtained. In that case, the CGPA will be multiplied after dividing each candidate’s CGPA by the maximum possible CGPA. Multiplying the result by 100 will give you the CAT Exam eligibility criteria.
- The minimum requirement for the CAT exam eligibility criteria will finally be disclosed by the respected Universities or the IIMs (Indian Institute of Management).
- The candidate must maintain a valid and unique email account to send all the exam notifications.
- The candidates are also requested to give them the working phone number to solve queries easily and smoothly.
The IIMs may verify many personal details aspects at various selection process levels. If they found any wrong data, they have all the right to cancel the admission of that candidate.
The eligibility for the CAT exam doesn’t change much frequently. But they may change the pattern without any notice given to the students. So the students should be prepared for any changes in the question and the paper pattern.
Reservation in the CAT exam
There are also some seats reserved for the candidates. 7.5% for Scheduled Tribe (ST) and 15% of the seats are reserved for Scheduled Caste (SC) candidates. 27% of seats are reserved for Other Backward Classes candidates belonging to the “non-creamy” layer (NC-OBC).
As per the authorities, 3% of seats are also reserved for persons with disabilities (PWD). The three categories of disability are 1) Low Vision Blindness 2) Hearing impairment 3) Locomotor disability/cerebral palsy.
These seats can be claimed only if the candidate is disabled from the above-listed disabilities to the extent of not less than 40% disabled. The renowned Doctor should provide certificates in that Field.
The Clashing point in IIM and CAT Exam Eligibility
Over the years, the eligibility for CAT has more or less remained the same. However, with some changes in CAT exam eligibility since 2014, IIMs MBA eligibility and CAT exam eligibility criteria have faced a few clashing points.
CAT eligibility for 2023 mandates the display of an “ageless bar” on the CAT 2023 exam, or IIM MBA eligibility limits applicants to an application based on the age of the bar.
However, one of the eligibility points for the CAT exam and the IIM MBA eligibility is that even though you may appear on the CAT 2023 exam within 2 years of graduation in the previous system, you will not take the administration course unless you have a degree obtained with a minimum of 3 years. Except for this fact, CAT eligibility for 2023 and IIM MBA eligibility for Courses 2023-23 remain unchanged.
If you have any other queries about CAT Eligibility Criteria 2023, you can leave your query below in the comment box.
As a dedicated Biology Science graduate, I’m passionate about sharing the latest updates in national and state entrance exams through my blog. I aim to keep aspiring students informed about exam trends, important dates, and changes in syllabi. With a keen interest in education, I strive to offer valuable insights for students navigating the competitive landscape of entrance examinations and admission tests. Stay updated with me.