Latest Applications Open 2024:
CAT 2023 Exam Pattern includes the exam mode, subjects, marking scheme, etc. CAT, an abbreviation of the Common Admission Test, is held for taking admissions in all the B-Schools or IIMs in India. It is one of the most competitive exams in our Country.
It attracts many graduates from all the streams. This exam helps them to take admission to the Management Institutes. Every year lakhs of students appear for the CAT 2023. Clearing this exam with a good percentile will help them take admission to the Topmost B-Schools or Business schools.
The syllabus of the CAT 2023 exam is unpredictable. Every year it keeps on changing. It is only through past papers that the students have to prepare for the exams and build up a strategy.
CAT 2023 Exam Pattern
It is imperative to be familiar with the exam pattern before starting preparation. It includes details about the number of sections in the exam, the number of questions, and the marking scheme. Candidates can check the exam pattern of CAT 2022/2023 below:
- Exam Mode: CAT is the computer-based test (CBT) that will be conducted in 650 test centers.
- Sections: The Common Admission Test will comprise three sections, i.e. Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension, Data Interpretation, and Logical Reasoning & Quantitative Ability.
- Type of Questions: The question paper contains both MCQ and non-MCQ-type questions.
- No. of Questions: 100 questions will be asked in the exam.
- Duration of Exam: The exam will be 180 minutes (3 hours); 60 minutes will be given for each section.
Section-wise Weightage of Question
Here we have mentioned the section-wise weightage of questions of the CAT 2023 examination:
Latest Applications For Various UG & PG Courses Open 2024
- Parul University | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- UPES Dehradun | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- Chandigarh University | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- LPU 2024 | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- IIAD, Delhi | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- GIBS, Bangalore | PGDM Applications Open. Package upto 15.5 LPA. Apply Now
- GNIOT, Greater Noida | Admissions Open for All Courses 2023. Apply Now
- Narayana Business School | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- The Design Village | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- IMS Ghaziabad UC Campus | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- KIIT School of Management | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- KSRM | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
|Sections||Number of Questions||Total Marks||Duration|
|Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension||34||102||60|
|Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning||32||96||60|
The ratio of CAT MCQs & Non-MCQs Questions
The non-MCQs questions were also included in the CAT 2023 exam. These questions come without answer options. Candidates have to type the answers with the help of a virtual keyboard.
The fees are ₹ 1700 for General and NC, and OBC candidates and ₹ 850 for SC/ ST and PWD candidates.
Please note that a candidate needs to pay registration fees only once. Irrespective of the number of institutions he/ she is Appling for SC/ ST, PWD candidates must upload a copy of their ST/ SC/ PWD Certificate at the time of registration. The fee, once paid, cannot be returned.
|Section||No. of Questions||No. of Non-MCQs|
|Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension||34||10|
|Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning||32||8|
CAT 2023 Marking Scheme
Below we have given the marking scheme for the CAT 2023 examination:
- Marking Scheme: Candidates will be awarded three marks for each right answer. All the questions (MCQ type and Non-MCQ type questions) contain equal marks.
- Negative Marking: For every wrong answer, one mark will be deducted. However, there is no negative marking for Non-MCQ-type questions.
If you have any queries regarding CAT 2023 Exam Pattern, you can ask your query and leave comments below.
As a dedicated Biology Science graduate, I’m passionate about sharing the latest updates in national and state entrance exams through my blog. I aim to keep aspiring students informed about exam trends, important dates, and changes in syllabi. With a keen interest in education, I strive to offer valuable insights for students navigating the competitive landscape of entrance examinations and admission tests. Stay updated with me.