Latest Applications Open 2023:
UGC NET 2024 Exam Dates has been Announced now, and the Session I Examination will be held on 10th – 21st June 2023. The UGC NET 2024 Online Registration will be Started in December 2023. The UGC NET (National Eligibility Test) is a prestigious examination conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) on behalf of the University Grants Commission (UGC). It is a qualifying exam for individuals aspiring to pursue academic and research careers. The National Testing Agency (NTA) administers the UGC NET exam twice annually to assess the eligibility of candidates for Assistant Professorship, Junior Research Fellowship, or both in Indian universities and colleges. The UGC NET exam is held in June and December each year. The NTA will conduct the UGC NET 2024 (June 2024) session to recruit Assistant Professors and Junior Research Fellows (JRF) in Indian government universities and colleges.
On average, the number of students who apply for the NET (National Eligibility Test) ranges from 9,00,000 to 11,00,000. Approximately 70-75% of these applicants, or 7,00,000 to 8,00,000 students, appear for the NET exam. The qualifying percentage is relatively low, with only around 5-6% of the students who appeared in the exam managing to qualify, resulting in a range of 40,000 to 50,000 successful candidates. Among the qualifying candidates, a smaller percentage of around 0.6-0.7% or 3,500 to 4,000 students achieve the prestigious Junior Research Fellowship (JRF). These statistics give an overview of the competitive nature of the NET exam and the select few who successfully clear the examination.
With each passing year, the popularity and significance of UGC NET have been steadily increasing. The UGC NET 2024 is expected to attract many participants as the exam attracts many aspiring candidates. In recent years, there has been a surge in the craze for UGC NET due to its increasing opportunities and recognition. Candidates must stay updated with the latest information regarding the UGC NET 2024 application form, important dates, eligibility criteria, result updates, cutoff marks, and the counselling process.
UGC NET 2024 Notification – Exam Dates Announced
UGC NET 2024 Latest News and Updates
The UGC is entrusted with organizing the NET in India. Considered prestigious, the UGC NET exam plays a crucial role in determining the eligibility of candidates for the esteemed positions of Assistant Professor and Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) in Indian universities and colleges. Here are the latest news and updates regarding the UGC NET 2024.
According to the most information, the UGC NET 2024 notification is scheduled to be released on 20th September 2023. The online application will be available from the last week of December 2023 following the notification. Candidates will have until the fourth week of January 2024 to submit their applications online. The last date for the successful transaction of the exam fee is also set for the fourth week of January 2024. A correction window will be provided to candidates in the third week of January 2024, allowing them to make necessary changes in their application forms. The UGC NET 2024 exam admit cards will be available for download in the third week of February 2024.
Latest Applications For Various UG & PG Courses Open 2023
The UGC NET 2024 Exam is scheduled from 10th – 21st June 2024 for Session -I. After the exam, the answer key will be released in the fourth week of March 2024. Candidates will have an objection period in the same week to raise any concerns or discrepancies regarding the answer key. The UGC NET 2024 exam results will be announced in April 2024. Candidates are advised to regularly check the official website for updates and specific dates related to the UGC NET 2024 examination process.
What is UGC NET?
UGC NET stands for University Grants Commission National Eligibility Test. It is a national-level examination conducted in India to determine the eligibility of candidates for the role of Assistant Professor and Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) in Indian universities and colleges. The UGC NET exam is organised by the National Testing Agency (NTA) on behalf of the University Grants Commission (UGC). The primary objective of UGC NET is to assess the candidates’ knowledge, understanding, and suitability for teaching and research in various subjects. The exam is conducted in multiple subjects, covering various disciplines, including Humanities, Social Sciences, Commerce, Sciences, and more.
UGC NET is highly regarded in the academic community and is a benchmark for selecting candidates for teaching positions in higher education institutions. It is an essential qualification for individuals aspiring to pursue academic and research careers. The UGC NET exam consists of two papers – Paper I and Paper II. Paper I is a general aptitude test that assesses the candidates’ teaching and research abilities, while Paper II is subject-specific and evaluates the candidates’ knowledge of their chosen subject.
Candidates who qualify for the UGC NET exam are eligible for Assistant Professor positions in Indian universities and colleges. Additionally, those who qualify for Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) receive financial support for pursuing research in their respective fields.
UGC NET 2024 Quick Links
UGC NET 2024 Important Dates
The official website (ugcnet.nta.nic.in) will announce the UGC NET 2024 exam date. Candidates must keep track of these critical dates to ensure they don’t miss any significant events. The table below provides the UGC NET exam dates 2024, allowing candidates to stay informed. Check below to know the tentative dates for the UGC NET 2024 exam:
|Important Event||Dates (Announced)|
|Date of availability of the online application forms||May 2024|
|Date of submission of the online application form||May 2024|
|Date of the last date of the submission of the application form||May 2024|
|Due date of the payment of the application fee||June 2024|
|The date for the correction of the online application form||June 2024|
|The due date for the correction of the online application form||June 2024|
|Date of the availability of the UGC NET entrance exam admit cards.||June 2024|
|Date of UGC NET entrance exam||10th – 21st June 2024|
|Date of availability of the UGC NET entrance exam answer keys||To be Announced|
|Date of announcement of the UGC NET entrance exam results||To be Announced|
UGC NET 2024 Highlights
The table below provides the highlights of the UGC NET 2024, allowing candidates to stay informed about the basic information about the exam. Check below to know the highlights for UGC NET 2024 exam:
|Name of the exam||
National Eligibility Test
|Commonly known as||UGC NET|
University Grant Commission National Eligibility Test
National Testing Agency (NTA)
|Level of examination||National|
|Mode of exam||Online|
|Mode of application||Online|
|Frequency of exam||
Two (June and December)
|Purpose of exam||
Determine the eligibility for Assistant Professor and Junior Research Fellowship & Assistant Professor in Indian universities & colleges
|Paper 2 – Number of Subjects available||83|
UGC NET 2024 Courses Offered
UGC NET 2024 offers eligibility for candidates in various courses across different disciplines. The examination covers various subjects, allowing candidates to pursue their interests and career aspirations. Some courses offered through UGC NET 2024 include:
- Humanities and Social Science: This category encompasses subjects such as History, Political Science, Sociology, Economics, Psychology, Philosophy, Anthropology, Education, and more.
- Commerce: UGC NET 2024 provides opportunities for candidates in Commerce-related fields, including subjects like Accounting, Finance, Management, Marketing, Business Economics, and Corporate Governance.
- Science: Candidates pursuing careers in scientific disciplines can choose subjects like Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Life Sciences, Earth Sciences, Computer Science and Applications, Environmental Sciences, and more.
- Computer Science and Information Technology: UGC NET 2024 also caters to candidates specialising in Computer Science, Information Technology, and related subjects, providing them with the eligibility to become Assistant Professors or Junior Research Fellows.
- Education: Candidates aspiring to contribute to the field of Education can appear for UGC NET 2024 in subjects such as Education, Pedagogy, Educational Technology, and related areas.
- Library and Information Science: UGC NET 2024 also covers Library and Information Science, enabling candidates to pursue careers in libraries, information centres, and related fields.
- Other Subjects: UGC NET 2024 includes numerous other subjects, such as Mass Communication and Journalism, Public Administration, Law, Archaeology, Museology, Social Work, Human Rights, and more.
UGC NET 2024 Notification
The UGC NET 2024 notification provides essential information and dates for aspiring candidates. According to the notification, the application form for UGC NET 2024 has been released. The Examination for Session I will be held from 10th – 21st June 2023. This marks the commencement of the application process, allowing interested candidates to apply for the examination. It is essential for candidates to carefully fill out the application form, providing accurate and complete information.
Candidates must ensure that they complete the application process within this timeframe. Applying well before the deadline is advisable to avoid any last-minute technical glitches or delays. Candidates should also remember that late applications are usually unaccepted, so adhering to the specified deadline is crucial.
The UGC NET 2024 examination is scheduled from the 10th to the 21st of June 2024. This duration spans multiple days and sessions to accommodate many applicants. The examination will be conducted in various centers across the country. Candidates must be prepared to appear for the examination on the assigned date and time, as mentioned on their admit cards.
UGC NET 2024 Application Form
The UGC NET 2024 application form will be available online exclusively on the NTA’s official website (ugcnet.nta.nic.in). The application form will have a specific period during which candidates can access and fill it out. To complete the UGC NET 2024 registration process, candidates must ensure they have paid the required application fee.
Below are the details and instructions for the UGC NET 2024 Application Form:
- The application form will be available from the last week of December 2023.
- Before filling out the application form, aspirants must carefully read and understand all the National Testing Agency(NTA) instructions.
- The registration form for UGC NET 2024 will only be released online, and no offline option will be available.
- Each candidate should submit only one application form; multiple submissions will not be accepted.
- It is essential to accurately fill in all the required details in the application form, such as personal information, academic details, category, and choice of exam city.
- Scanned copies of necessary documents, including a coloured or black & white photograph and signature, should be uploaded in the specified format.
- The candidates will have until the fourth week of January 2024 to complete and submit their application forms.
- From the third week of January 2024, the authority will provide a correction facility for candidates to make any necessary changes to their application forms.
- After completing the application process, it is advisable to download and print a copy of the filled application form for future reference.
UGC NET 2024 Application Fees
Once the UGC NET registration is completed, applicants are required to submit the designated application fees. The UGC NET 2024 application fees can be paid online through debit card, credit card, net banking or other online payment gateways. Once the application fee is paid, it is non-refundable. Candidates must pay the application fee within the specified time frame and per the instructions provided in the UGC NET 2024 application form. Below, check the application fee for all categories:
|General/ Un-reserved||Rs. 1100/-|
|General-EWS/ OBC-NCL||Rs. 550/-|
|ST/ SC/ PWD||Rs. 275/-|
How to Fill UGC NET Application Form
To fill out the UGC NET application form, sign up on the official website, share your personal and educational information, upload required documents, choose your preferred exam centres, double-check all the details, and pay the application fee. It is crucial to carefully follow the instructions and ensure everything is accurate before submitting the form.
To fill out the UGC NET application form, follow these steps:
- Visit the official website: Go to the official website for UGC NET.
- Register: Look for the registration link on the website and click on it. Fill in the required details, such as your name, email address, and mobile number, and create a password. Submit the registration form to generate your login credentials.
- Login: Once registered, log in to your account using the credentials created during registration.
- Fill in the application form: After logging in, you will find the UGC NET application form. Carefully fill in all the necessary details, including personal information, educational qualifications, category, choice of exam city, etc.
- Upload documents: You must upload scanned copies of certain documents, such as your photograph and signature. Ensure the documents are in the specified format and meet the required guidelines.
- Pay the application fee: Proceed to the payment section and pay the application fee online. Use the available payment options, such as debit cards, credit cards, net banking, or other online payment gateways. Remember that the fee is non-refundable.
- Review and submit: Review all the information provided before submitting the application form. Make sure there are no errors or missing details. Once you are satisfied, submit the application form.
- Download and print: After submitting the form, download a copy of the filled application form for your reference. It is recommended to take a printout as well.
- Check for corrections: The authorities may provide a correction window for applicants to make any necessary changes or corrections to their application forms. If a window is available, follow the instructions to make the required modifications.
When applying for UGC NET, you will typically need the following documents:
- Passport-sized Photograph: A recent passport-sized coloured photograph of the candidate. The photograph should meet the specified dimensions and clarity requirements.
- Signature: A scanned copy of the candidate’s signature in black ink. It should be done on white paper and scanned properly for upload.
- Photo ID Proof: Any valid government-issued photo identity proof, such as an Aadhar card, Passport, Voter ID, Driving License, or PAN card.
- Educational Qualification Certificates: Scanned copies of all the educational qualification certificates, including mark sheets and degree/ diploma certificates.
- Category/ Caste Certificate: Candidates belonging to reserved categories (SC/ ST/ OBC-NCL/ PwD) must upload their respective category/ caste certificates issued by the competent authority.
- EWS (Economically Weaker Section) Certificate: Candidates from the EWS category must upload the EWS certificate issued by the competent authority.
- PwD (Persons with Disability) Certificate: Candidates with disabilities should upload a disability certificate issued by a designated medical authority.
- Other Relevant Certificates: If applicable, candidates may need to upload other relevant certificates like experience certificates, research papers, etc., as per the specific requirements of the application.
UGC NET 2024 Application Correction
The UGC NET authorities will offer a correction facility starting the third week of January 2024. Candidates can utilise their login details to edit their application forms. It is crucial for candidates who have made any mistakes in their application forms to utilise the UGC NET correction window to rectify them. Here are the key points regarding the UGC.
To make corrections in the UGC NET 2024 application form, follow these general steps:
- Visit the official website of the NTA or the UGC.
- Look for the UGC NET 2024 section or navigate the examination page.
- Find the link for the application correction process or application form correction.
- Click on the link to access the correction portal.
- Log in using your application number and password.
- Review your application details and identify the fields that require correction.
- Make the necessary corrections in the designated fields.
- Upload any updated documents, if applicable, per the specifications.
- Verify all the corrected information before final submission.
- Submit the corrected application form.
- Save or print a copy of the corrected application form for future reference.
UGC NET 2024 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who hold a Master’s degree in disciplines such as Humanities and Social Sciences (including languages), Computer Science and Applications, Electronic Science, etc., with a minimum of 55% marks from universities or institutions recognised by the UGC (University Grants Commission) or equivalent bodies are eligible to apply for UGC NET 2024. However, for candidates belonging to the OBC/ SC/ ST/ PWD/ Transgender categories, a minimum of 50% marks in their Master’s degree is required to be eligible for UGC NET 2024.
Candidates must be Indian nationals. However, there is no restriction on the nationality of candidates applying for the Assistant Professor only.
There is no upper age limit for candidates appearing for the UGC NET examination for the post of Assistant Professor.
However, the maximum age limit for candidates applying for Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) is 30 years as of the UGC NET examination date. Age relaxation is applicable for reserved category candidates as per government norms.
Age relaxation is provided to candidates from different categories:
- OBC-NCL (Non-Creamy Layer): Up to 3 years of relaxation in the upper age limit.
- SC/ ST/ PWD/ Transgender: Up to 5 years relaxation in the upper age limit.
However, there are certain other age relaxations given to reserved candidates, which are given in detail in the table below –
|UGC NET Age Limit & Exemption|
Age Relaxation (in years)
|Scheduled Tribe/ Scheduled Caste (ST/ SC)||By 5 years|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||By 5 years|
|Persons With Disability (PWD)||
By 5 years (GEN), 5 years (OBC), five years (SC/ST)
|Transgender||By 5 years|
|Women Applicants||By 5 years|
|Research experience limited to the period spent on research in the relevant/related subject of Post Graduate Degree||
By a maximum of 5 years
|LLM Degree||By 3 years|
|Armed Forces Services||
By a maximum of 5 years
Candidates must have completed a Master’s degree or equivalent from universities or institutions recognised by the UGC. The qualifying percentage of marks varies according to the category:
- General/ EWS: Minimum of 55% marks in the qualifying examination.
- OBC-NCL/ SC/ ST/ PWD/ Transgender: Minimum of 50% marks in the qualifying examination.
|ST/ SC||5 years|
|Women candidates||5 years|
The UGC NET exam follows the reservation policy of the Government of India. This policy applies to Central Universities and Institutions considered as Universities. The reservation percentages are as follows:
- 10% of seats are reserved for the General-Economically Weaker Section (GEN-EWS) category.
- 15% of seats are reserved for the Scheduled Caste (SC) category.
- 7.5% of seats are reserved for the Scheduled Tribe (ST) category.
- 27% of seats are reserved for the Other Backward Classes belonging to the Non Creamy layer (OBC-NCL) category.
- Each category also has 4% horizontal reservations for Persons with Disabilities (PwD) as defined in the Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016 (RPwD Act, 2016).
UGC NET 2024 Exam: Major Changes
UGC NET 2024 introduces significant changes to enhance the examination process.
- The exam now follows a computer-based (CBT) format for standardized testing conditions.
- The shift to CBT expedites result processing and ensures a streamlined experience.
- UGC NET 2024 is now conducted twice a year, offering candidates more opportunities to appear.
- Candidates can plan their preparations and select a suitable exam date more flexibly.
- The syllabus and pattern have been revised to align with evolving subject dynamics.
- The exam now follows a single-paper format, eliminating the distinction between general aptitude and subject-specific papers.
- Negative marking has been eliminated, encouraging candidates to attempt all questions.
- Artificial intelligence (AI) is utilized in question generation, evaluation, and result processing.
- These changes aim to improve the overall examination experience for UGC NET 2024 candidates.
UGC NET 2024 Exam Pattern
According to the UGC NET 2024 exam pattern, the examination will comprise two papers. Both papers will consist of multiple-choice questions (MCQs). There will be no break between the papers. Importantly, there is no negative marking provision, meaning no marks will be deducted for incorrect answers. Each correct response will be awarded 2 marks. The total duration of the examination will be 3 hours.
Check the complete UGC NET Exam Pattern from the given section:
- Exam Mode: UGC NET 2024 will be conducted online in a computer-based test format.
- Type of Questions: The exam will consist of objective-type multiple-choice questions.
- Duration: The examination will have a duration of 3 hours.
- Papers: UGC NET 2024 will have two papers, namely Paper I and Paper II.
- Total Marks: The question paper will have a total of 300 marks.
- Number of Questions: There will be 150 questions in the question paper.
- Language: The question paper will be available in Hindi and English.
- Marking Scheme: Candidates will be awarded 2 marks for each correct response.
- Negative Marking: There will be no negative marking for wrong answers.
UGC NET 2024 consists of two papers – Paper 1 and Paper 2. Both papers are conducted in a computer-based test (CBT) format.
- Paper 1 is standard for all candidates and assesses the teaching and research aptitude of the candidates.
- It consists of 50 multiple-choice questions, each carrying two marks.
- The total marks for Paper 1 are 100.
- The duration of Paper 1 is 3 hours.
- Paper 2 is conducted based on the subject chosen by the candidate.
- It consists of 100 multiple-choice questions, each carrying 2 marks.
- The total marks for Paper 2 are 200.
- The duration of Paper 2 is 3 hours.
Candidates can check paper wise marking scheme for UGC NET 2024 below:
|Papers||Number of Questions||Marks|
UGC NET 2024 Syllabus
The UGC NET 2024 syllabus will be published by the NTA (National Testing Agency). Paper 1 of the exam will have a uniform syllabus for all candidates and assess their teaching and reasoning ability, general knowledge, comprehension, and divergent thinking skills. On the other hand, Paper 2 will be subject-specific, and candidates can select one subject from a list of 81 subjects. The subjects available for selection include Economics, Commerce, Psychology, Management, Malayalam, German, Music, and more, allowing candidates to choose according to their preferences.
UGC NET Syllabus for Paper 1
The syllabus for Paper 1 of UGC NET covers the following broad areas:
- Teaching: Nature, objectives, characteristics, and basic requirements.
- Learner’s characteristics: Characteristics, factors affecting teaching, methods of teaching, and evaluation systems.
- The teaching-learning process: Concepts, theories, and models.
- Teaching aids Types, purposes, and limitations.
- Evaluation systems: Principles, tools, and techniques.
- Research: Meaning, types, and characteristics.
- Methods of research: Experimental, descriptive, historical, and qualitative.
- Research ethics.
- Paper, article, thesis, conference proceedings, and book writing.
- Research and teaching.
- Reading comprehension.
- Passage-based questions.
- Communication: Nature, characteristics, types, barriers, and effective classroom communication.
Mathematical Reasoning and Aptitude:
- Types of reasoning.
- Number series, letter series, codes, and relationships.
- Understanding the structure of arguments.
- Evaluating and distinguishing deductive and inductive reasoning.
- Verbal analogies.
- Venn diagrams.
- Analytical reasoning.
- Sources, acquisition, and interpretation of data.
- Quantitative and qualitative data.
- Graphical representation and mapping of data.
Information and Communication Technology (ICT):
- ICT: General abbreviations and terminology.
- Basics of the internet, intranet, e-mail, and computer networks.
- Applications of ICT in teaching.
People and Environment:
- People and environment interaction.
- Sources of pollution.
- Environmental impact assessment.
Higher Education System:
- Governance, polity, and administration.
- Institutions and their interactions.
- Evolution, role, and development of higher education in India.
UGC NET Syllabus for Paper 2
The UGC NET Syllabus for Paper 2 is subject-specific, and candidates can choose one subject from a list of 81 subjects. Each subject has its specific syllabus. Here is a general overview of the subjects offered and the areas covered in their respective syllabus:
|Political Science||Social Medicine and Community Health||
Human Rights and Duties
Tourism Administration and Management
|Anthropology||Computer Science and Applications||
|Social Work||International and Area Studies||Chinese|
|Defense and Strategic Studies||Hindustani Music||Dogri|
|Arab Culture and Islamic||Hindi||Gujarati|
|Tribal and Regional Language/ Literature||Odia||Spanish|
|Sanskrit Traditional Subjects||Tamil||Rajasthani|
|Tribal and Regional Language/ Literature||Hindustani Music||English|
Library and Information Science
Buddhist, Jaina, Gandhian and Peace Studies
|Arabie||Adult Education/ Continuing Education/ Andragogy/ Non-Formal Education||
Comparative Study of Religions
Mass Communication and Journalism
|Criminology||Gandhian and Peace Studies||
Performing Arts – Dance/ Drama/ Theatre
|Tribal and Regional Language/ Literature||Indian Culture||
Museology and Conservation
|Folk Literature||Labour Welfare/ Personnel Management/ Industrial Relations/ Labour and Social Welfare/ Human Resource Management||
Adult Education/ Continuing Education/ Andragogy/ Non-Formal Education
|Science||Library and Information Science||
Library and Information
|Indian Culture||Buddhist, Jaina|
|Labour Welfare/ Personnel Management/ Industrial Relations/ Labour and Social Welfare/ Human Resource Management||
Buddhist, Jaina, Gandhian and Peace Studies
UGC NET 2024 Best Book
While preparing for the UGC NET exam, applicants must know the best and highly recommended books. The exam consists of two papers, namely Paper 1 and Paper 2. For all candidates, Paper 1 follows a standard syllabus, and they should consult the same set of recommended books for UGC NET Paper 1.
On the other hand, Paper 2 is subject-specific, which means that the books recommended for UGC NET will vary depending on the subject chosen by the candidate, such as trade, economics, management, and so on. Candidates must acquire books that provide accurate and comprehensive coverage of the content and topics specific to their chosen subject. Some notable authors for NTA UGC NET/SET/JRF – Paper 1: Teaching and Study Aptitude include KVS Madaan, Harpreet Kaur, Sajit Kumar, and others. Candidates are advised to refer to these books during their preparation.
Here are some popular books recommended for UGC NET preparation:
- “UGC NET/JRF/SLET General Paper-1 Teaching & Research Aptitude” by Arihant Publications
- “Trueman’s UGC NET/SET General Paper I” by M. Gagan and Sajit Kumar
- “UGC NET/JRF/SLET Commerce” by R. Gupta
- “UGC NET Management” by M. Shivani
- “UGC NET Computer Science & Applications” by R. Gupta
- “UGC NET/JRF/SLET Political Science” by B.L. Fadia and Kuldeep Fadia
- “UGC NET/JRF/SLET Psychology” by A. Panel of Authors
- “UGC NET English Literature” by A. Panel of Authors
- “UGC NET/JRF/SLET Economics” by S. Chand
- “UGC NET Physical Education” by Surendra Kumar
UGC NET 2024 Mock Test
To help candidates prepare for UGC NET 2024, the National Testing Agency provides mock tests for different subjects. These mock tests simulate the exam environment and allow candidates to assess their knowledge and performance. Here are the steps to access the UGC NET 2024 mock test:
- Visit the official website of NTA: National Testing Agency.
- Look for the section related to UGC NET or mock tests on the website.
- Choose the subject you want to take the mock test, such as English, Commerce, Hindi, Economics, etc.
- Click on the respective subject to access the UGC NET mock test.
- Follow the instructions on the website to start the mock test.
- Answer the questions within the allotted time and submit your responses.
- After completing the mock test, you can review your answers and assess your performance.
UGC NET 2024 Preparation Tips
Here are some essential tips and techniques to help candidates prepare effectively for the UGC NET 2024 examination:
- Familiarize yourself with the exam pattern and syllabus: Start your preparation by thoroughly understanding the exam pattern and syllabus. This will give you a clear idea of the structure of the exam and the topics you need to focus on.
- Choose reliable study material and books: Select high-quality and recommended books that cover the entire syllabus. This will ensure you have access to accurate and comprehensive content for your preparation.
- Review previous years’ question papers: Take the time to review and analyse previous years’ question papers. This will help you understand the exam’s sections, the distribution of marks, and the types of questions asked. It can also give you an insight into important topics and help you identify patterns or trends.
- Create a well-planned study schedule: Prepare a realistic and structured timetable that allocates sufficient time for each subject and topic. Follow your schedule consistently to ensure regular and disciplined study sessions.
- Make concise and compelling study notes: Concise and organised notes highlighting key points and essential concepts. These notes will be a quick reference guide during revision and help you retain information more effectively.
- Seek guidance from teachers and peers: Discuss with your teachers and classmates to clarify doubts and deepen your understanding of the topics. Collaborating with others can provide different perspectives and enhance your overall learning experience.
- Maintain a balanced routine: Avoid getting overwhelmed or stressed during preparation. Stay calm and composed, take breaks and stay hydrated. Taking care of your physical and mental well-being is crucial for optimal performance.
- Avoid last-minute cramming: Avoid the temptation to cram information right before the exam. Instead, focus on revision and practice to reinforce your knowledge and boost your confidence. Trust in your preparation and stay relaxed.
How to Prepare for UGC NET 2024
Preparing for UGC NET requires a systematic approach and dedication. Here are some steps to help you prepare effectively for the UGC NET examination:
- Understand the Exam Pattern and Syllabus: Familiarize yourself with the exam pattern and syllabus of UGC NET. Understand the sections, marking scheme, and topics that need to be covered. This will help you create a focused study plan.
- Create a Study Plan: Develop a well-structured study plan that covers all the subjects and topics within the given time frame. Allocate specific time slots for each subject and topic, ensuring balanced syllabus coverage.
- Gather Study Material: Collect reliable study material, including textbooks, reference books, study guides, and online resources. Use updated and recommended sources to stay aligned with the latest exam trends.
- Make Notes and Summaries: While studying, take notes of important concepts, formulas, and key points. Summarise the topics in your own words, which will help you better understand and retain the information.
- Practice Previous Year Question Papers: Solve previous year’s question papers to familiarise yourself with the exam format, question types, and time management. It will also give you an idea of the important topics and help you identify your strengths and weaknesses.
- Take Mock Tests: Engage in regular mock tests to simulate the exam environment and evaluate your preparation level. Mock tests will help you assess your speed, accuracy, and time management skills. Analyse your performance and work on improving your weaker areas.
- Seek Guidance: Consider joining coaching classes or online platforms that guide UGC NET preparation. Experienced mentors can provide valuable insights, clarify doubts, and strategic tips for adequate preparation.
- Revision: Regularly revise your studied topics to reinforce your learning. Create a revision schedule and allocate dedicated time for reviewing and practising the concepts. Focus on understanding the core principles rather than rote memorisation.
- Stay Updated with Current Affairs: UGC NET exams often include questions on current affairs, so stay updated with national and international news, recent developments, and issues related to your subject.
- Take Care of Yourself: Maintain a healthy lifestyle during preparation. Sleep well, eat nutritious food, and exercise regularly to keep your mind and body in optimal condition.
UGC NET 2024 Admit Card
The UGC NET 2024 Admit Card can be downloaded by applicants who have submitted their application form and fee before the last date. Candidates must visit the NTA’s official website to download the admit card. It is important to note that the admit card will not be sent by post, so candidates must download it online.
The UGC NET Admit Card 2024 will contain all the necessary information, such as the exam date, timing, and venue. Candidates should carefully check these details on the admit card. At the time of the exam, candidates must bring the following documents:
- The applicants who submit the application form and the fee before the last date can download the admit card online.
- The candidates must visit the NTA’s official website to download the admit card.
- Every applicant should remember that the authorities will not send the admit card by post.
- All the exam dates, timing, and venue information will be available on the UGC NET Admit Card 2024.
- Every candidate must have the following documents at the time of the exam.
- Printout of the admit card downloaded from the official website of NTA
- One passport-size photograph (similar to the one uploaded in the application form)
- One photo identity proof in original such as Passport/ Voter ID/ Driving License/ PAN card/ Aadhaar Enrolment No/ Ration Card.
- PwD certificate (if applicable)
How To Download Hall Ticket
To download the Hall Ticket of UGC NET, follow these steps:
- Visit the official website of NTA or the designated website for UGC NET.
- Look for the “Download Admit Card” or “Hall Ticket” link on the homepage and click on it.
- You may be redirected to a new page where you need to provide your login credentials. Enter your application number, password, and any other required details.
- After entering the necessary information, click the “Submit” or “Login” button.
- Once logged in, your UGC NET Hall Ticket or Admit Card will be displayed on the screen.
- Carefully review all the details on the admit card, including your name, exam date, timing, and venue.
- If all the information is correct, click the “Download” or “Print” button to save a copy of the admit card to your device.
- Make sure to take a printout of the admit card. It is recommended to print multiple copies for future reference.
- Along with the UGC NET Hall Ticket, gather the necessary documents mentioned on the admit card, such as a passport-size photograph and a valid photo ID proof.
- Keep the admit card and the required documents safe, as you must present them during the UGC NET examination.
UGC NET 2024 Exam Centres
The official website of the National Testing Agency publishes the UGC NET 2024 exam centres. These exam centres refer to the cities and towns where the UGC NET exam will be held. Candidates who intend to participate in the entrance exam can refer to the list of exam centres to determine the cities where the exam will be conducted.
Candidates must indicate their top four preferences for UGC NET exam centres during the application. The exact address of the assigned exam centre will be provided on the candidate’s admit card.
UGC NET 2024 is conducted in various cities across the country. The complete list of UGC NET exam centres 2023 has been given below:
|S. No.||State||City||City Code|
|1||Andaman & Nicobar Islands (UT)||Port Blair||AN01|
|71||Dadra & Nagar Haveli (UT)||Silvassa||DN01|
|72||Daman & Diu (UT)||Daman||DD01|
|73||Daman & Diu (UT)||Diu||DD02|
|98||Himachal Pradesh||Hamirpur (HP)||HP03|
|104||Jammu & Kashmir||Anantnag||JK05|
|105||Jammu & Kashmir||Baramulla||JK01|
|106||Jammu & Kashmir||Jammu||JK02|
|107||Jammu & Kashmir||Pulwama||JK06|
|108||Jammu & Kashmir||Srinagar (J & K)||JK04|
|109||Jammu & Kashmir||Udhampur||JK10|
|165||Leh & Ladakh||Leh||LL01|
|166||Madhya Pradesh||Ashok Nagar||MP21|
|181||Madhya Pradesh||Khargone (West Nimar)||MP18|
|231||Odisha||Berhampur / Ganjam||OR03|
|261||Punjab||Sahibzada Ajit Singh Nagar||PB12|
|262||Punjab||Sri Muktsar Sahib||PB19|
|290||Tamil Nadu||Kanyakumari/Nag ercoil||TN06|
|331||Uttar Pradesh||Allahabad/Prayagr aj||UP03|
|332||Uttar Pradesh||Ambedkar Nagar||UP25|
|361||Uttar Pradesh||Noida/Greater Noida||UP09|
|380||Uttarakhand||Udham Singh Nagar||UK07|
|383||West Bengal||Burdwan(Bardham an)||WB02|
|393||West Bengal||North 24 Parganas||WB12|
|394||West Bengal||Paschim Medinipur||WB13|
|395||West Bengal||Purba Medinipur||WB14|
|397||West Bengal||South 24 Parganas||WB15|
Required Documents at the Exam time
During the UGC NET exam, candidates are required to have the following documents with them:
- Admit Card: Candidates must carry a printed copy of their UGC NET Admit Card. The admit card can be downloaded from the official website of NTA (National Testing Agency) or the designated UGC NET portal.
- Photo Identification Proof: A valid and original photo identification proof is mandatory. It can be any of the following documents:
- Voter ID card
- Driving License
- PAN card
- Aadhaar Card (with photograph)
- Aadhaar Enrolment Number/Proof of Application of Aadhaar
- Ration Card
- Passport Size Photograph: Candidates must carry a passport-size photograph similar to the one uploaded in their UGC NET application form. The photograph should be clear, recent, and in colour.
- PwD Certificate (if applicable): If a candidate has applied under the PwD (Persons with Disabilities) category and wants to avail of the benefits, they must carry a valid PwD certificate issued by a competent authority.
UGC NET 2024 Online Examination Instruction & Guidelines
The UGC NET 2024 Online Examination will have specific instructions and guidelines that candidates must follow. Here are some general instructions and guidelines for the UGC NET 2024 Examination:
- Admit Card: Candidates must download and carry a printed copy of the UGC NET 2024 Admit Card to the examination centre. The admit card serves as proof of registration and allows entry into the examination hall.
- Reporting Time: Candidates should arrive at the examination centre at least one hour before the appointment on the admit card. This allows sufficient time for the verification process and other formalities.
- Valid ID Proof: Candidates must bring a valid and original photo identification proof (as mentioned in the admit card instructions) and a photocopy. The ID proof should be in the same name as mentioned in the application form.
- Prohibited Items: Electronic gadgets such as mobile phones, calculators, smart watches, or other communication devices are strictly prohibited inside the examination hall. Candidates should avoid carrying such items to the centre.
- Pen and Stationery: Candidates must bring their black/blue ballpoint pens to mark the answers on the OMR sheet. The examination authorities will provide any other stationery items required for rough work or calculations.
- COVID-19 Guidelines: Due to the ongoing pandemic, candidates must follow the COVID-19 safety protocols, including wearing a mask, carrying a personal hand sanitiser, and maintaining social distancing at all times.
- Exam Duration: The UGC NET 2024 Examination will be conducted in multiple sessions, and the duration of each session will be mentioned on the admit card. Candidates must stay inside the examination hall for the entire duration of their respective sessions.
- Answering Questions: Candidates should carefully read the instructions on the question paper and OMR sheet. They must mark the answers on the OMR sheet using a black/blue ballpoint pen and avoid stray marks.
- Rough Work: Candidates will receive rough sheets for doing calculations or rough work. All rough work should be done only on these sheets; candidates should not write anything on the question paper.
- Follow Exam Supervisor’s Instructions: Candidates must strictly follow the instructions given by the exam supervisor or invigilator during the examination. Any violation of the examination rules may lead to disqualification.
UGC NET 2024 Question Papers
The UGC NET Question Papers are valuable resources for candidates preparing for the UGC NET examination. These question papers consist of the previous year’s exam papers, which help candidates familiarise themselves with the exam pattern, question types, and difficulty level. By practising with UGC NET question papers, candidates can assess their knowledge, identify areas of improvement, and enhance their exam performance. These papers can be obtained from various sources, including the official website of NTA, online platforms, and educational resources, providing candidates with ample opportunities for thorough preparation.
UGC NET Previous Year Question Papers
To download UGC NET Previous Year Question Papers, you can follow these step-by-step instructions:
Step 1: Visit the Official Website Go to the official website of NTA (National Testing Agency) or the designated UGC NET portal. The website URL is usually www.nta.ac.in or www.ugc net.nta.nic.in.
Step 2: Navigate to the “Question Papers” Section. Look for the “Question Papers” or “Previous Year Papers” section on the website. It is typically located on the homepage or in the examination-related section.
Step 3: Select the Desired Year/Session. Once you access the “Question Papers” section, you will find a list of years or examination sessions. Choose the year/session you want to download the question papers.
Step 4: Choose the Subject and Paper Code. In the selected year/session, you will see a list of subjects and paper codes. Select the subject and paper code that matches your UGC NET examination.
Step 5: Download the Question Paper After selecting the subject and paper code, you will find a downloadable link or a PDF icon associated with the respective question paper. Click on the link or icon to initiate the download process.
Step 6: Save the Question Paper Once the download is complete, save the UGC NET Previous Year Question Paper to your preferred location on your device. You can also take a printout for offline reference and practice.
UGC NET Phase 5 Exam Analysis
The UGC NET Phase 5 examination for UGC NET Education was administered by the National Testing Agency (NTA) in the previous year. The first shift of the exam concluded at noon. Based on the feedback from candidates who appeared in the first shift, the UGC NET Education Paper 2 was moderately complex. Conversely, the UGC NET Paper 1 was considered easy to moderate in the first shift.
The UGC NET exam, conducted by the University Grants Commission, aims to assess candidates’ eligibility for the role of Assistant Professor and provide fellowship (JRF) for pursuing a PhD. Get insights into the UGC NET Phase 5 exam analysis for Education, including both Paper 1 and Paper 2 below:
UGC NET Phase 5 Exam Analysis: Education Paper 2
The UGC NET Paper 2 examination for the first shift concluded at noon. The overall difficulty level of the exam was moderate. Based on candidate feedback, the question paper included topics such as Statistics, Curriculum, Swayam Prabha, and Research Aptitude (3 to 4 questions). The Teacher Education section played a prominent role in Paper 2, and the passage in the exam was related to Pedagogy.
UGC NET Phase 5 Exam Analysis: Education Paper 1
The UGC NET Paper 1 examination for the Education paper was of easy to moderate difficulty. The questions covered the National Education Policy (NEP), Swayam Prabha, Solar Collector, SDG & MDG, Missing Number, Average, Series, Simple Interest, and Square of Opposition. The Mathematics section posed slightly more difficulty compared to other sections. The Data Interpretation (DI) and average section were lengthy and time-consuming.
UGC NET 2024 Answer Key
The UGC NET 2024 answer key and the question papers will be released by the National Testing Agency (NTA). To access the UGC NET answer key 2024, candidates must log in using their application number and date of birth/password. By referring to the answer key, candidates can verify the number of correct and incorrect answers in the UGC NET 2024 examination.
Initially, the answer key will be published on a provisional basis. Candidates will have the opportunity to raise objections to any incorrect answers. To raise objections, applicants must pay a fee of Rs. 1000 per query and provide supporting evidence for their objections regarding the UGC NET 2024 answer key.
After considering all the objections raised by the candidates, a final answer key will be published by the authorities. Candidates can evaluate their potential scores by reviewing the official UGC NET final answer key. This will enable them to gauge their chances of qualifying for the exam based on their performance.
- UGC NET Answer Keys 2024 will be available a few days after the exam.
- Apart from the answer keys, the authorities will also display the candidate’s response to the answer.
- If a candidate is not satisfied with the answer key, he/she may challenge the answer key.
- To submit the challenge, the applicant needs to pay Rs. 1000/- per question.
- The official link to challenge an answer key will be available on the NTA website after the exam.
- Finally, after evaluating the challenges, the NTA will release the final answer Key.
- There is no provision to challenge the final answer key.
How to Download Answer Key Pdf
To download the answer key PDF of UGC NET, you can follow these steps:
- Visit the Official Website: Go to the official website of NTA (National Testing Agency) or the designated UGC NET portal. The website URL is typically provided as www.nta.ac.in or www.ugcnet.nta.nic.in.
- Navigate to the UGC NET Section: Look for the UGC NET section on the website. It is usually located on the homepage or in the examination-related section.
- Find the Answer Key: Within the UGC NET section, search for the “Answer Key” or “Key Answers” option. Click on it to proceed.
- Select the Exam Session and Paper Code: Choose the specific exam session and paper code for which you want to download the answer key. UGC NET exams are conducted in multiple sessions, each with different question papers and answer keys.
- Log in to Your Account: You will be prompted to log in using your application number and date of birth/password. Enter the required details accurately and click the “Submit” or “Login” button.
- Download the Answer Key: After logging in, you can access the UGC NET answer key for the selected session and paper code. Look for the download link or a PDF icon associated with the answer key and click on it to initiate the download.
- Save the Answer Key: Once the download is complete, save the UGC NET answer key PDF to your preferred location for future reference.
How to Challenge UGC NET Answer Key 2024?
To challenge the UGC NET Answer Key 2024, you can follow these steps:
- Visit the Official Website: Go to the official website of NTA (National Testing Agency) or the designated UGC NET portal. The website URL is typically provided as www.nta.ac.in or www.ugcnet.nta.nic.in.
- Log in to Your Account: Use your application number and date of birth/password. Enter the required details accurately and click the “Submit” or “Login” button.
- Navigate to the Answer Key Challenge Section: Look for the “Answer Key Challenge” or “Objection Form” section on the website. It is usually located within the UGC NET or examination-related section.
- Select the Questions to Challenge: Within the Answer Key Challenge section, you will find the list of questions and corresponding answer options. Select the questions for which you believe the provided answer is incorrect and needs to be challenged.
- Pay the Required Fee: Pay the requisite fee for challenging the answer key. The fee amount is typically Rs. 1000 per question. You can make the payment online using available payment methods.
- Provide Supporting Documents: Attach supporting documents or evidence substantiating your objection or claim regarding the incorrect answer in the UGC NET Answer Key. These documents could include reference books, research papers, or other relevant sources.
- Submit the Objection Form: After selecting the questions, paying the fee, and attaching the supporting documents, submit the objection form online. Make sure to review all the information before submitting.
- Keep Track of the Timeline: The NTA specifies a specific timeline for raising objections. It is important to submit your objections within the given timeframe. Check the official website or notifications for the deadline.
- Await the Final Answer Key: After considering all the objections raised by candidates, the NTA will review and evaluate them. Considering the valid objections a final answer key will be prepared and published considering the valid objections. This final answer key will reflect the accurate answers.
- Check Revised Answers: Once the revised or final answer key is released, you can compare the updated answers for the challenged questions with your objections.
UGC NET 2024 Result
The National Testing Agency (NTA) will declare the UGC NET 2024 result for the June session through online mode. Candidates can check their results by using their application number and birth date/password to authenticate their identity. The UGC NET 2024 result will encompass the candidate’s personal information, the marks obtained by them, and their qualifying status.
How to check the UGC NET result?
To check the UGC NET Result 2024, follow the step-by-step instructions below:
- Visit the Official Website: Go to the official website of NTA (National Testing Agency) for UGC NET, which is urgent.nta.nic.in.
- Find the UGC NET 2024 June Result Link: Look for the specific link related to the UGC NET 2024 June result on the website. This link is typically available on the homepage or in the results section. Click on the link to proceed.
- Enter Login Credentials: A login window will appear on the screen. Enter your UGC NET application number and your password or date of birth accurately in the respective fields.
- Access the UGC NET Result: Once you have entered the required login credentials, click the “Submit” or “Login” button. The screen will then display the UGC NET Result 2024 for the June session.
- Download and Save the Result: To save the UGC NET result for future reference, click the download button or the PDF icon on the result page. Save the result PDF file to your preferred location on your device.
How to Download Score Card
To download the scorecard of UGC NET, you can follow these steps:
- Visit the Official Website: Go to the official website of NTA (National Testing Agency) or the designated UGC NET portal. The website URL is typically provided as www.nta.ac.in.
- Log in to Your Account: Use your application number and date of birth/password. Enter the required details accurately and click the “Submit” or “Login” button.
- Navigate to the Score Card Section: Look for the “Score Card” or “Result” section on the website. It is usually located within the UGC NET or examination-related section.
- Select the Exam Session and Paper Code: Choose the specific exam session and paper code you want to download the scorecard. UGC NET exams are conducted in multiple sessions, each with different scorecards.
- Verify Personal Details: After selecting the exam session and paper code, the scorecard page will display your personal details such as name, roll number, category, etc. Verify the information to ensure its accuracy.
- Download the Score Card: Look for the download link or a PDF icon associated with the scorecard and click on it to initiate the download.
- Save the Score Card: Once the download is complete, save the UGC NET scorecard PDF to your preferred location on your device for future reference.
UGC NET 2024 Cut Off
The UGC NET 2024 cutoff is classified into subject-wise cutoff marks and qualifying marks, as mentioned in the NTA notification. General category candidates must secure a minimum of 40 per cent marks. In contrast, candidates from reserved categories (OBC-NCL, SC, ST, PWD, and transgenders) must score a minimum of 35 per cent in both papers. These qualifying marks apply to candidates eligible for Assistant Professor and Junior Research Fellowship (JRF).
NTA will publish the UGC NET 2024 cutoff separately for candidates who qualify for lectureship and JRF. The cutoff will display category-wise and subject-wise cutoff marks, along with the total number of eligible candidates who have appeared in all categories for each subject.
UGC NET 2024 Selection Process
The UGC NET 2024 selection process is the procedure through which candidates are chosen for the Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) and Assistant Professor positions in Indian universities and colleges.
The process involves four key steps: filling out the UGC NET application form, downloading the admit card, appearing for the UGC NET exam, and checking the UGC NET result. Candidates must complete these steps to be considered for selection.
Additionally, candidates in the Economically Weaker Section (EWS) category may need to provide an EWS certificate, and the UGC NET certificate obtained in 2024 has a specific validity period.
Step 1: UGC NET application form.
To begin the selection process candidates must complete the UGC NET application form to begin the selection process. This involves providing personal details, educational qualifications, and other relevant information as required. The application form is usually available on the official UGC NET website or the designated portal.
Step 2: Download the UGC NET admit card
After successfully submitting the application form, candidates are required to download the UGC NET admit card. The admit card serves as an essential document for appearing in the exam. It contains important information such as the candidate’s name, roll number, exam centre details, and instructions to be followed during the examination.
Step 3: Appear for the UGC NET exam
Candidates must appear for the UGC NET exam on the scheduled date and time. The exam is conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA) conducts the exam on behalf of the University Grants Commission (UGC). The UGC NET exam assesses the candidates’ knowledge and eligibility for Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) or Assistant Professor positions in Indian universities and colleges.
Step 4: Check UGC NET result.
Candidates can check their UGC NET results once the UGC NET exam is completed. The result is usually declared on the official UGC NET website or the NTA portal. Candidates can log in using their credentials to access their results. The UGC NET result displays the candidates’ scores, qualification status, and relevant details.
UGC NET EWS Certificate 2024
For candidates in the Economically Weaker Section (EWS) category, an EWS certificate may be required during the UGC NET 2024 selection process. The EWS certificate is issued to candidates who meet the government’s eligibility criteria for the EWS category. It provides proof of the candidate’s EWS status and enables them to avail of the reservation benefits and concessions available for EWS candidates.
UGC NET Certificate Validity 2024
The UGC NET certificate obtained in 2024 has a specific validity period. The exact duration of validity is determined by the University Grants Commission (UGC) or the responsible authorities. The UGC NET certificate is generally valid for a specific number of years, typically two to three. It serves as proof of the candidate’s eligibility for the award of Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) and eligibility for the Assistant Professor position in Indian universities and colleges.
Colleges accepting UGC NET Entrance Exam Scores/Ranks.
UGC NET is a crucial part of evaluating students who want to pursue higher education. Here is a list of a few colleges that consider UGC NET scores for admissions:
- The University of Calcutta
- The University of Allahabad
- Jiwaji University, Gwalior
- Mahatma Gandhi University, Meghalaya
- Jamia Millia Islamia, Delhi
- Assam University, Silchar
- The University of Madras, Chennai
- GITAM University, Visakhapatnam
- the University of Delhi
- ICFAI University, Dehradun
- HKBK College of Engineering, Bangalore
- Shiv Nadar University, NCR
- SASTRA Deemed University, Thanjavur
- SRM University, Amravati
- Amity Institute of Anthropology, Noida
- Berhampur University, Odisha
- Goa University
UGC NET Salary and Benefits
Candidates who qualify for UGC NET can anticipate a rewarding monthly salary ranging from Rs 25,000 to Rs 50,000 during the initial phase. This salary is determined by their scores, skills, and the university they join. Moreover, they can explore alternative career paths by becoming lecturers at universities or colleges, where they can impart knowledge and guide aspiring UGC NET candidates.
Candidates can initially anticipate an attractive salary ranging from Rs 25,000 to Rs 50,000, depending on their skills and the university they are associated with.
For Junior Research Fellowship
- For the initial two years, the fellowship is Rs 31,000/- plus HRA; for the subsequent three years, it is Rs 35,000/- plus HRA, varying by institution.
- Professors who have cleared UGC NET in private institutes can receive a salary package ranging from Rs. 35,000 to Rs. 60,000.
- The salary of these candidates can further increase if they hold a doctoral degree.
- The candidates’ salary depends on whether they are an assistant professor or a professor.
- The possession of a doctoral degree also influences the salary figure.
UGC NET offers several benefits to candidates who qualify for the examination. Some of the key benefits include
- Eligibility for Assistant Professorship: UGC NET qualifies candidates for Assistant Professor positions in universities and colleges, enabling them to apply in their respective subjects.
- Junior Research Fellowship (JRF): UGC NET grants JRF to eligible candidates, providing financial research support, including a monthly stipend and benefits like HRA.
- Increased Career Opportunities: UGC NET enhances academic career prospects, opening doors to teaching positions, research fellowships, and other roles in universities and colleges.
- National Eligibility: UGC NET is a nationally recognised exam that enables candidates to apply for academic positions and scholarships across India, ensuring standardised eligibility evaluation.
- Prestige and Recognition: UGC NET adds credibility to academic profiles, signifying subject knowledge, research aptitude, and dedication to the field.
- Professional Development: UGC NET preparation fosters subject knowledge, research skills, and critical thinking, contributing to professional growth.
- Scholarships and Grants: UGC NET-qualified candidates may access scholarships, grants, and financial assistance from government bodies, universities, and research institutions.
- Networking and Collaboration: UGC NET facilitates networking and collaboration with fellow researchers and experts, fostering knowledge exchange and interdisciplinary research collaborations.
UGC NET 2024 Contact Information
UGC NET 2024 Contact Information provides the necessary details to contact the relevant authorities for inquiries or assistance related to UGC NET 2024. This includes the contact information of the National Testing Agency (NTA) and the University Grants Commission (UGC), the organisations responsible for conducting the exam.
The contact information typically includes the official website, email address, helpline number, and sometimes the physical address. It is advisable to refer to the official sources for the most accurate and up-to-date contact information regarding UGC NET 2024.
Here is the contact information for UGC NET:
National Testing Agency (NTA)
- Website: https://www.nta.ac.in/
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Helpline Number: 0120-6895200
- Address: C-20 1A/8, Sector 62, IITK Outreach Centre, Noida – 201309, Uttar Pradesh
University Grants Commission (UGC)
- Website: https://www.ugc.ac.in/
- Email: email@example.com
- Helpline Number: 011-23604200
- Address: Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg, New Delhi – 110002, India
UGC NET offers significant advantages to candidates who qualify for the examination. It serves as a gateway to Assistant Professor positions and awards the prestigious Junior Research Fellowship, providing financial support for research pursuits. UGC NET enhances academic career opportunities, grants national eligibility, and adds prestige to academic profiles. The preparation process promotes professional development, while scholarships and grants provide additional support. Furthermore, UGC NET facilitates networking and collaboration with peers and experts in the field, fostering knowledge exchange and interdisciplinary research. Overall, UGC NET plays a vital role in shaping the careers of aspiring academics and researchers, opening doors to a wide range of opportunities in higher education.
UGC NET 2024 FAQs
What are the qualifying marks for UGC NET?
The UGC NET qualifying marks vary based on the candidate’s category. General category candidates need a minimum of 40% aggregate marks in both Paper I and Paper II. OBC (Non-creamy layer)/PwD/SC/ST candidates require at least 35% aggregate marks in both papers.
What is the age limit to apply for UGC NET?
JRF category, the maximum age limit for General category candidates is 30 years. However, there is a relaxation of 5 years provided for candidates belonging to OBC (Non-creamy layer), SC/ST/PwD categories, transgender candidates, and women applicants.
Which colleges are under the UGC NET?
Here are some colleges which are under the UGC NET:
The University of Calcutta
The University of Allahabad
Jiwaji University, Gwalior
Mahatma Gandhi University, Meghalaya
Jamia Millia Islamia, Delhi
Assam University, Silchar
The University of Madras, Chennai
GITAM University, Visakhapatnam
The University of Delhi
ICFAI University, Dehradun
What are the placements for BSc agriculture in UGC NET?
The UGC NET examination does not directly provide placements or job opportunities. Instead, it serves as a qualifying examination that determines the eligibility of candidates for Assistant Professor positions and the Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) award.
What is the meaning of UGC NET?
UGC NET stands for University Grants Commission National Eligibility Test. It is an examination conducted in India to determine the eligibility of candidates for Assistant Professor positions and the Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) award. UGC NET assesses candidates’ knowledge and analytical skills in various subjects.
When will UGC NET 2024 Undergraduate application form- A will released?
UGC NET 2024 Application will be released in the last week of December 2023. National Testing Agency (NTA), entrusted by University Grants Commission (UGC), is responsible for conducting the UGC-NET exam.
Can I pay the application fee through offline mode?
No, The application fee for UGC NET 2024 can only be paid through online mode; no other modes of payment will be accepted.
Is it possible to make corrections to the details provided in the application?
Correcting the details provided in the UGC NET application is usually possible. The conducting body, National Testing Agency (NTA), generally provides a correction window where applicants can edit specific details within a specified timeframe.
In which mode will the exam be conducted?
The UGC NET exam is conducted online, also known as the Computer-Based Test (CBT). Candidates must take the exam on a computer at the designated examination centers. The online mode allows for efficient administration and evaluation of the test while ensuring standardised and secure conduct.
Is there any negative marking in the exam?
There is no negative marking for incorrect answers in the UGC NET exam. Only the correct answers contribute to the final score, and there is no deduction of marks for incorrect responses.
When will the UGC NET admission form 2024 for PG programs be released?
In the last week of December 2023, the UGC NET admission form 2024 for PG programs be released.
What are the instructions to be followed at the UGC NET exam center?
Arriving early at the exam centre is crucial for a smooth check-in. Bring your UGC NET admit card, photo ID, and essential stationery. Leave electronic devices, study materials, and bags behind. Follow COVID-19 guidelines: wear a mask, maintain distance, and sanitize. Listen to the invigilator, follow the rules, and arrange your desk properly. Manage time, allocate sections/questions, and use provided sheets for rough work.