Latest Applications Open 2023:
TISSNET 2024 Application Form will be released in December 2023. Tata Institute of Social Sciences National Entrance Test, or TISSNET, is a university-level entrance examination conducted by the Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) in Mumbai. The exam is conducted for admission to various full-time Masters’s programs offered at Mumbai, Tuljapur, Guwahati, and Hyderabad campuses. These programs include M.A. (Master of Arts), M.Sc. (Master of Science), MHA (Master of Hospital Administration), MPH (Master of Public Health), and Law programs. TISS is a prestigious institution in the field of social sciences and offers a diverse range of courses in various social science disciplines. TISSNET is the entrance test for aspiring students to seek admission to these programs.
TISSNET is a highly competitive exam due to the institute’s prestigious reputation and the popularity of its diverse postgraduate programs. It evaluates candidates on analytical abilities, social awareness, logical reasoning, and general knowledge. The exam includes a TISS-GPAT round, assessing communication and interpersonal skills. It is conducted as a computer-based test with MCQs to identify candidates with a strong academic foundation and a genuine commitment to social issues. The test aims to identify candidates with a strong academic foundation, critical thinking skills, and a genuine commitment to social issues.
TISSNET is a popular exam for social sciences and related fields in India. TISS graduates become advocates for social change, policy leaders, impactful researchers, and professionals dedicated to sustainable development. The computer-based exam is taken by around 40,000 candidates annually at various test centres across the country. It offers excellent education and research opportunities, making it a preferred choice for many students.
TISSNET 2024 Notification – Application Form Releasing Soon
TISSNET 2024 Latest News and Updates
The application form for TISSNET 2024 is expected to be available in the second week of December 2023, and candidates will have until the first week of February 2024 to submit their online applications. Online pre-admission activities will likely be conducted in the second week of February 2024. Admit cards for the TISSNET exam are expected to be available from the fourth week of February 2024. The TISSNET exam is tentatively scheduled for the first week of March 2024.
Following the exam, a provisional answer key will be released in the second week of March 2024, and the final answer key is expected to be available in the third week of March 2024. Candidates can expect the results of TISSNET 2024 to be declared in the first week of April 2024. In April 2024, the answer sheets for TISSNET may be announced, and candidates can fill out and submit the Detailed Application Form (DAF) online. The Online Assessment (OA) Stage II is also planned for April 2024. Counselling for TISSNET 2024 is tentatively scheduled to commence in May 2024.
Latest Applications For Various UG & PG Courses Open 2023
What is TISSNET?
The Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS), Mumbai, organises the TISS National Entrance Test (TISSNET), a university-level entrance examination designed for admission to various PG programs, including social work, human resource management, and public development studies, offered by TISS. The PG program in Human Resources Management and Labour Relations at TISS campuses is just as good as the management programs offered by famous MBA colleges in India.
The TISSNET exam is conducted in a computer-based test (CBT) mode, featuring multiple-choice questions from three key sections: English Proficiency, Mathematical Skills & Logical Reasoning, and General Awareness. This complete exam is crucial for candidates aspiring to pursue their desired PG programs at TISS, ensuring a careful evaluation of their aptitude and suitability for the chosen fields. The programs are offered at TISS campuses located in Mumbai, Tuljapur (Maharashtra), Guwahati (Assam), and Hyderabad (Telangana).
After the TISSNET exam, candidates’ scores start the process of shortlisting. Shortlisted individuals then proceed to the subsequent stages of the selection procedure, typically comprising the Pre-Interview Test (PIT) and Personal Interview (PI) rounds. These rounds are designed to evaluate candidates’ writing skills, subject knowledge, communication abilities, and overall suitability for the programs they have applied for. The final selection is determined by considering the candidates’ combined performance in TISSNET, PIT, and PI rounds. TISS employs a merit-based approach to the selection process, and successful candidates are granted admission offers to their preferred Master’s programs at TISS.
TISSNET 2024 Quick Links
TISSNET 2024 Important Dates
Aspiring candidates who want to appear in the TISSNET 2024 examination must stay well-informed about the significant test dates. Keeping track of the TISSNET 2024 important dates will enable candidates to plan and prepare effectively for the exam.
The table below provides the approximate schedule for TISSNET 2024, which includes essential dates such as the registration start date, last date to apply, availability of admit card, examination date, and result declaration.
Dates 2024 (Tentative)
2nd week of December 2023
|Last date to submit an online application|
1st week of February 2024
2nd week of February 2024
4th week of February 2024 onwards
1st week of March 2024
|Provisional Answer Key|
2nd week of March 2024
|Final Answer Key|
3rd week of March 2024
1st week of April 2024
|Announcement of TISSNET answer sheet||April 2024|
|Online DAF opening & closing date||April 2024|
|Online Assessment (OA) Stage- II||April 2024|
|Counselling commencement||May 2024|
TISSNET 2024 Highlights
Candidates who intend to appear in the upcoming TISSNET 2024 must be well-informed and acquainted with all the particulars related to the examination.
Please take a look at the table provided below.
Tata Institute of Social Sciences National Entrance Test
|Conducting Body||TISS Mumbai|
|Exam Frequency||Once a year|
|Exam Duration||100 minutes|
English Proficiency, Mathematical Skills & Logical Reasoning, and General Awareness
100 questions in MCQ format
INR 1030 per course (for the unreserved category)INR 260 per course (for reserved category)
Admission to TISS Mumbai, TISS Tuljapur, TISS Hyderabad and TISS Guwahati
MBA/PGDM (PG in Human Resources Management and Labour Relations (HRM & LR))
PG in Education
MMA in Social Work
|No. of Test Cities||39|
|Exam Helpdesk No.||022-2552 5000|
|Contact Details|| Email: email@example.com |
Phone: 022-2552 5000
TISSNET 2024 Courses Offered
TISS offers diverse academic programs, including MBA/PGDM, providing comprehensive management knowledge. Students can specialise in various fields to make a meaningful impact on society.
Let’s take a closer look at the details of each program offered by the Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS):
- MBA/PGDM (PG in HRM & LR): Focuses on managing human resources and fostering positive labour relations in organisations.
- PG in Education: Prepares students for education careers, including educational practices, curriculum development, and leadership.
- PG Programs: Specialized postgraduate programs in social sciences, public health, media studies, and more.
- OG-MSc (Master of Science): Advanced studies and research opportunities in specific scientific fields.
- MHA (Master of Hospital Administration): Specialized healthcare administration and management program.
- MPH (Master of Public Health): Addresses public health challenges and policymaking.
- MPH-HPEF (Health Policy, Economics, and Finance): Focuses on health policy and finance.
- MPH-SELL (Social Epidemiology and Health Policy): Examines social factors’ impact on health outcomes.
- MMA in Social Work: Combines management skills with a social work foundation.
- MLIS (Master of Library and Information Science): Focuses on information sciences and library management.
TISSNET 2024 Notification
The TISSNET 2024 Application Form has not been released yet; it is scheduled to be released in the second week of December 2023. TISSNET is a university-level entrance examination conducted by the Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) for admission to various Master’s Degree programs, including M.Sc., MHA, MPH, and MA. It is a common screening test for all Master’s programs across all TISS campuses.
Successful candidates in TISSNET can secure admission to the courses offered at TISS Institutions in Mumbai, Tuljapur, Guwahati, and Hyderabad campuses. The exam will be conducted in a computer-based format at these four campuses. This announcement will include essential information such as the exam date, eligibility criteria, test structure, and other important guidelines.
Registration for TISSNET 2024 is expected to begin around the same time. Candidates are advised to carefully review the official notification to ensure they are well-informed about all the crucial details related to the upcoming exam.
TISSNET 2024 Application Form
By the first week of December 2023, TISS Mumbai is expected to announce the registration date and initiate the application process on its official website for TISSNET 2024. Registration is the primary and mandatory step for candidates wishing to appear in the exam.
Here is the information about the TISSNET application form 2024:
- The application form for TISSNET 2024 will be available online only; no offline mode will be provided.
- The TISSNET 2024 application form is expected to be released in the second week of December 2023.
- Candidates can apply for a maximum of three programs across two TISS campuses.
- The application process will involve providing personal and educational information, document submission, and making the required payments to complete the application.
- Only eligible candidates can submit the application form on the official website.
- Candidates must be careful while filling in the details, as incorrect information may lead to rejection.
- The deadline for filling and submitting the application form is expected to be in the first week of February 2024.
- Candidates must take a hard copy of the application form for further usage during the admission procedure.
TISSNET 2024 Application Fees
Applicants have the flexibility to pay the application fee through both online and offline methods. They can use gateways such as net banking, debit card, and credit card for online transactions. On the other hand, the challan method will be made available for offline transactions.
For online method:
|Number of courses||General Category||
|For one course||1030||260|
|For two courses||2060||520|
|For three courses||3090||780|
For offline method:
|Number of courses||General Category||
|For one course||1000 + Bank Charges||
250 + Bank Charges
|For two courses||2000 + Bank Charges||
500 + Bank Charges
|For three courses||3000 + Bank Charges||
750 + Bank Charges
How to Fill TISSNET Application Form
Candidates can apply for TISSNET 2024 exclusively through online mode. Here are the steps to complete the application process:
- Visit the official website of TISS at appln.tiss.edu.
- Click on the “New Registration” tab to initiate the process.
- Fill in the online application form with essential details like name, email id, phone number, date of birth, etc.
- After successful registration, you will receive an application number/ID for future reference.
- Log in again using the provided ID to provide personal details, educational qualifications, family income details, and caste/category information.
- Carefully review all the entered details before submitting the TISSNET 2024 registration form.
- Upload the required documents, including scanned copies of a photograph and signature, adhering to the specified guidelines.
- Proceed to pay the TISSNET 2024 application fee online or offline, based on your preference and category.
- Before final submission, preview your application form to ensure accuracy. Also, obtain a printout of the submitted application and fee receipt for future reference.
As candidates fill out the TISSNET application form, they must ensure they have the following essential documents ready in PDF format:
- Income Certificate (for SC/ST/OBC-NC): SC/ST/OBC-NC candidates must submit a PDF income certificate to verify their income status for admission benefits.
- Caste Certificate (SC/ST) and Non-Creamy Layer Certificate (for OBC): SC/ST candidates submit a PDF caste certificate. In contrast, OBC candidates provide a non-creamy layer certificate to prove their social category for admission criteria and fee structure.
- Certificate of Disability (for Differently-Abled): Differently-abled candidates upload a PDF disability certificate to validate their impairment and request accommodations during the entrance exam and selection process.
- TISS Copy of Challan (if paid by cash): Candidates paying the application fee in cash upload the PDF TISS challan as proof of payment to complete the application.
- Photograph: Candidates upload a recent passport-sized photograph in the specified format for identification throughout the application and examination process.
- Signature: Candidates provide a scanned copy of their signature in the required format for authentication during the application and examination.
TISSNET 2024 Application Correction
TISSNET 2024 Application Correction has not been released yet. The application correction window and procedure may be updated closer to the application form release date in December 2023. Here are the typical steps that candidates might expect for TISSNET 2024 Application Correction:
- Visit the Official Website: Go to the official website of TISSNET (Tata Institute of Social Sciences) or the designated portal for TISSNET 2024.
- Login to Your Account: Use your login credentials, such as your application number/ID and password, to access your TISSNET account.
- Navigate to Application Correction: Look for the link or tab related to “Application Correction” or “Edit Application.”
- Make Necessary Changes: Enter the application correction portal, and you can view your submitted application form. Make the necessary changes to the details that need correction or update.
- Verify Information: Review all the edited information to ensure accuracy and correctness.
- Save Changes: Save the corrected information after verifying the changes made.
- Submit the Corrected Application: Submit the corrected application form after making the necessary changes.
- Take Printout: After completing the correction process, take a printout of the corrected application form for your records.
TISSNET 2024 Eligibility Criteria
The TISSNET 2024 Eligibility Criteria outlines the essential requirements aspiring candidates must meet to be eligible for the Tata Institute of Social Sciences National Entrance Test (TISSNET) in 2024. The Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS), Mumbai, sets the eligibility criteria to ensure that only eligible and suitable candidates can participate in the entrance exam for admission to various Master’s programs.
The TISSNET Eligibility Criteria typically include factors such as educational qualifications, age limit (if any), and other specific course requirements. Candidates must carefully review and fulfil these criteria before applying for TISSNET to avoid disqualification later in the admission process.
TISSNET 2024, the Tata Institute of Social Sciences National Entrance Test, opens its doors to candidates of all nationalities, allowing individuals worldwide to apply for the examination. The only requirement is to meet the updated basic eligibility criteria set by the TISS Authority.
Per the official TISSNET 2024 eligibility criteria, candidates have no upper age limit. To appear for the TISSNET, candidates are required to fulfil the basic requirements related to education and nationality.
To apply for TISSNET, candidates must meet the necessary educational qualifications, typically requiring a Bachelor’s Degree of at least 3 or 4 years from a UGC-recognised university. Final-year candidates can also apply but must submit their degree certificate within the specified timeframe set by the exam authority.
Some TISS campuses may have specific eligibility criteria for certain programs, such as work experience or preferred graduation background. It is essential for candidates to carefully review all the specifications before submitting their TISSNET application to ensure they meet the requirements.
TISSNET 2024 Exam Pattern
The TISSNET 2024 Exam Pattern provides essential insights into the structure and format of the Tata Institute of Social Sciences National Entrance Test (TISSNET) for 2024. As a crucial aspect of exam preparation, understanding the exam pattern helps candidates familiarise themselves with the types of questions, marking schemes, and other important details related to the entrance test. By clearly understanding the TISSNET 2024 Exam Pattern, aspiring candidates can strategise their preparations more effectively and confidently approach the test.
Here is an overview of the TISSNET 2024 exam pattern:
|Medium of Examination||English|
|Mode of Examination||
|No. Of sections||3 sections|
Logical Reasoning & Mathematics
|Total Questions||100 questions|
1 Hour 40 Minutes
|Type of questions||
Subject-wise marks distribution and number of questions
Let’s explore the distribution of marks and the number of questions for each subject in the TISSNET 2024 exam:
|Section||Number of questions||Total Marks|
|Maths and Logical Reasoning||30||40|
TISSNET 2023 Syllabus
The Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai, has set the TISSNET syllabus for 2024. This syllabus outlines the various topics and sub-topics covered in the exam. The TISSNET syllabus is structured into three sections: English Proficiency, Mathematical Skills, and General Awareness. The tentative date for TISSNET 2024 is in the last week of February 2024, while the registration process is expected to start around the second week of December 2023.
To perform well in the entrance exam, candidates must comprehensively understand the TISSNET syllabus. Starting their preparations early is essential, and they can use helpful study materials, such as TISSNET books, tutorials, previous year question papers, and sample papers.
Here is a breakdown of the TISSNET syllabus by section:
|Word substitute in a sentence||
Purpose of the passage
|Right usage of words in fill in the blank||
Strengthen and Weaken
|The right usage of the word matches the following||
Assumption and Supporting Statement
|Fill in the Blanks – Homophones||
Flaw and Discrepancy
|Idioms – Fill in the blank||
Inference and Conclusion Drawn
|Idioms – Match the following||
Passage based questions
|Error spotting – grammar/words/ punctuation||
Author’s Point of View
The main idea of the passage
|Profit and Loss||Number Series||Bar graphs|
|Basic Geometry||Eye for detail||Pie chart|
|Ratio and Proportion||Statement Conclusion/Assumption/ Arguments||Double pie chart|
|Percentages||Logical Connectivity||Case lets|
|Speed and Time||Linear/Circular/Family Arrangement||Multiple graphs|
|Probability||Venn Diagram||Line graphs|
Environment & Ecology
|Corporate Events and Awards||
Social Studies, Movements
|National/International Awards in Entertainment Industry||
|National/International Awards for Social and Environmental Cause||
International politics/ current events
|Defence, Military, Terrorism related||
|Finance, Budget Environment & Ecology||
TISS 2024 Online Assessment
The TISS 2024 Online Assessment is the second step in the TISSNET admission process. Once candidates pass the National Entrance Test (NET), they take part in the Online Assessment (OA) for various postgraduate programs at the Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS). The OA includes extempore reflection and personal interviews to evaluate candidates’ suitability and potential for their chosen program. Extempore reflection assesses their ability to think quickly and express their thoughts clearly.
The Online Assessment (OA) will be carried out by a panel of three members and is expected to last around 20 – 30 minutes. The primary purpose of the OA is to evaluate the candidates’ suitability and level of interest in pursuing studies in their chosen program. During the personal interview, candidates’ academic background, work experience, motivation, and alignment with TISS’s values are explored in depth. Communication skills, critical thinking, and commitment to social issues are also evaluated. The OA is conducted online, allowing candidates to participate from anywhere with internet access.
TISS 2024 Online Personal Interview
The TISS 2024 Online Personal Interview (OPI) is a crucial stage in the TISSNET selection process for postgraduate programs at the Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS). Shortlisted candidates from the TISSNET entrance exam can interact with the panellists during the interview. The panellists assess various aspects, including the candidate’s genuine interest, motivation, and preparedness for the chosen field of study. They also explore the candidate’s understanding of social issues and commitment to positively impacting society through academic pursuits.
TISSNET 2024 Best Book
To perform well in TISSNET 2024, candidates should use trustworthy study materials. Here are some suggested books for TISSNET preparation that they can refer to for the upcoming exam.
|Best Book for TISSNET||Author|
|Wren And Martin English Grammar||Wren and Martin|
|Word Power Made Easy||Norman Lewis|
|Business English and Communication||John O E Clark|
|30 Days to a More Powerful Vocabulary||Norman Lewis|
|The Students’ Companion||Wilfred D Best|
|How to prepare for Logical Reasoning for CAT||Arun Sharma|
|Logical Reasoning and Data Interpretation for CAT||Nishit K Sinha|
|How to Prepare for Quantitative Aptitude for CAT||Arun Sharma|
|CAT 2018 Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning||Gautam Puri|
Best Journals and Newspapers to Read for TISSNET: General Awareness
To perform well in General Awareness, students should make it a habit to read newspapers and magazines regularly. Staying updated with daily news and noting important dates and events will be beneficial for preparing for this section.
- Wall Street Journal
- The Mint
- The Indian Express
- Manorama Year Book
- The Hindu
- The Times of India
- Financial Express
- Business World
TISSNET 2024 Mock Test
The TISSNET 2024 Mock Test will be available on the Tata Institute of Social Sciences(TISS) official website, www.tiss.edu. Candidates preparing for TISSNET 2024 are encouraged to take this mock test to enhance their preparation for the exam and admission.
The mock test does not require specific login credentials; auto-generated ones will be provided to candidates. Taking the TISSNET mock test allows candidates to practice time management and prioritise their answers during the TISSNET 2024 exam. Refer to the provided information for a comprehensive guide on accessing and taking the TISSNET mock test.
How to Apply for TISSNET 2024 Mock Test
To access the TISSNET mock test, follow these steps:
- Open your web browser and visit the Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) official website at www.tiss.edu.
- Once on the website’s homepage, look for the “Admissions” or “TISSNET” section. This section may be prominently displayed or located under the “Academics” or “Examinations” tab.
- In the “Admissions” or “TISSNET” section, watch for any updates or announcements related to the TISSNET mock test. The institute occasionally releases mock tests to help candidates prepare for the actual exam.
- If the TISSNET mock test is available, there may be a specific link or option to download it from the website. Look for phrases like “Mock Test” or “Practice Test” to find the relevant download link.
- Click on the provided link to access and download the TISSNET mock test. The mock test is typically in a downloadable format, such as a PDF or an online test interface.
- Once downloaded, you can take the mock test to understand the exam pattern, question types, and time management. It is an excellent opportunity to practice and assess your preparedness for the TISSNET exam.
TISSNET 2024 Preparation Tips
To make the most of the one hour and 40 minutes duration of TISSNET, candidates should follow these essential preparation tips, considering the time limit and the multiple sections in the question paper:
- Understand the Syllabus: Begin by thoroughly comprehending the TISSNET syllabus and exam pattern. Familiarise yourself with the topics and concepts covered in the test to ensure comprehensive preparation.
- Familiarise Yourself with the Exam Pattern: Understand the exam pattern completely. Knowing the number of sections, types of questions, and marking scheme will allow you to tailor your preparation accordingly.
- Identify Important Topics: Utilize the previous year’s question papers to determine the significance of different topics and their respective weightage in the exam. This will help you prioritise your focus and allocate time wisely to high-scoring areas.
- Evaluate Your Readiness: Gauge your preparation level by practising with TISSNET mock tests and sample papers. This assessment will provide valuable insights into your strengths and weaknesses.
- Plan Your Study Time: Create a well-structured study timetable after identifying your strong and weak areas through mock tests. Allocate more time to revising your strong subjects while dedicating specific intervals to strengthening your weaker subjects.
- Focus on Improvement: Initially, revise and reinforce your strong areas to solidify your understanding. Subsequently, devote time and effort to improve your weaker areas through focused study and practice.
- Practice with Previous Years’ Question Papers: Solve as many previous years’ question papers as possible. This will give you insights into the types of questions asked in the exam and help you understand the exam’s difficulty level.
- Collaborate with Study Groups: Engage with study groups on social media platforms or educational forums to discuss challenging areas and exchange knowledge with fellow aspirants. Collaborating with others can provide fresh perspectives and enhance your overall preparation.
- Prioritise Your Health: Remember to care for your health while preparing for the exam. Get enough rest, eat nutritious meals, and engage in physical activity to keep your mind and body in good condition.
- Stay Hydrated: During your study sessions, don’t forget to stay hydrated. Drinking enough water helps maintain focus and concentration.
TISSNET 2024 Exam Centers
TISSNET MBA 2024 exam centres are divided into four regions: North, East, West, and South. The TISSNET 2024 exam is expected to take place in approximately 40 examination cities across India. Below is the list of TISSNET MBA exam centres for 2024, according to the information provided by the TATA Institute of Social Sciences.
List of test cities for the TISSNET exam
|Eastern Region||Bhubaneswar |
|Western Region||Ahmedabad |
Required Documents at the Exam time
During the TISSNET exam, candidates must carry certain essential documents for verification purposes. The following documents are typically required at the exam time:
- TISSNET Admit Card: The most crucial document is the TISSNET Admit Card, which serves as proof of your registration and allows you to enter the examination hall.
- Photo Identification: A valid government-issued photo ID, such as an Aadhar card, Passport, Voter ID, or Driving License, is required for identity verification.
TISSNET 2024 Online Examination Instruction & Guidelines
TISSNET is a popular entrance exam conducted by the Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) for postgraduate social science programs. The online exam follows specific guidelines on technical aspects, registration, exam format, time management, and ethical conduct. This document provides an overview of common instructions, emphasising the importance of preparation and compliance with guidelines for a successful exam. Candidates must be familiar with these guidelines and follow specific instructions from TISS for a smooth exam process.
- Technical Requirements: Ensure that your computer or laptop meets the technical requirements for the online exam. Check compatibility with the browser and any necessary plugins, and maintain a stable internet connection.
- System Check: Some exams may require a system check before exam day. Follow any pre-exam instructions to set up your system correctly.
- Identification: Have a valid photo ID (e.g., passport, driver’s license, or Aadhar card) ready for verification.
- Exam Platform: Familiarize yourself with the exam platform that will be used for the online examination. Read any instructions or tutorials provided by the exam conducting body to understand how to navigate the platform, access the exam questions, submit answers, and use any additional features or tools.
- Login Credentials: You will receive unique login credentials, such as a username and password or an exam registration number. Keep these credentials confidential and secure. Ensure you can log in to the exam platform using the provided credentials.
- Exam Timing: Be aware of the exam start time, end time, and the total duration of the exam. Note any specific time zone in the instructions to ensure you log in at the correct time. Log in a few minutes before the scheduled start time is advisable to avoid any last-minute technical issues.
- Exam Environment: Choose a quiet, well-lit room with minimal distractions. Ensure the area around you is clean and free from unauthorised materials.
- No Cheating: Avoid any form of cheating or academic dishonesty. Online exams may employ various measures to detect cheating, such as AI-based proctoring or live invigilation.
- Time Management: Manage your time effectively during the exam. Keep track of the timer and allocate time appropriately for each section or question.
- Saving Responses: If allowed, save your responses regularly to prevent data loss due to technical issues.
- Submission: Submit your exam within the specified time limit. If required, click on the “Submit” or “End Exam” buttons, as some exams may auto-submit when time runs out.
- Post-Exam: After the exam, refrain from discussing specific questions or answers with others to maintain exam integrity.
TISSNET 2024 Question Papers
TISSNET is a prestigious exam conducted by the Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) for admission into postgraduate programs in social sciences. TISSNET question papers play a crucial role in helping candidates prepare effectively, build confidence, and perform well in the exam.
- Valuable Study Materials: TISSNET question papers are essential resources for candidates preparing for the Tata Institute of Social Sciences National Entrance Test (TISSNET).
- Understanding Exam Pattern: Referring to previous years’ question papers provides insights into the TISSNET exam pattern, including marks distribution, question types, and sections.
- Grasping Concepts: Solving TISSNET question papers helps candidates grasp concepts and topics frequently covered in the exam.
- Self-Evaluation: Practicing with TISSNET question papers allows candidates to assess their preparedness, identifying strengths and weaknesses.
- Time Management: Working on question papers helps develop effective time management skills for the exam.
- Building Confidence: Regular practice with question papers boosts candidates’ confidence and reduces exam-related stress.
- Enhancing Performance: Analyzing mistakes and areas needing improvement in question papers aids in overall performance enhancement.
- Updated Preparation: While question papers are valuable, candidates should complement their preparation with current study resources and tailored mock tests for the TISSNET exam year.
- Comprehensive Preparation: TISSNET question papers contribute to a well-rounded preparation strategy, enabling candidates to confidently approach the exam and excel in their performance.
Download Sample Paper
Sample papers are advantageous for exam preparation as they provide valuable information about the exam format, question types, and difficulty level. To download sample papers for TISSNET:
- Visit Official Website: Go to the Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) official website or the TISSNET exam page. Look for a section related to sample papers or previous year’s question papers. The institute may provide these resources for candidates to download and practice.
- Educational Websites: Check out educational websites offering TISSNET preparation study materials. Many of these websites provide sample papers for free or after a simple registration process. These platforms often organise study materials to aid candidates in their exam preparation.
- Coaching Centers and Bookstores: Visit coaching centres specialising in TISSNET preparation or check bookstores offering study materials for competitive exams. These centres and bookstores often have sample papers available for purchase. Coaching centres may also provide mock tests and additional guidance to help candidates improve their performance.
- Online Forums and Groups: Look for online forums or social media groups dedicated to TISSNET preparation. These platforms serve as communities where aspiring candidates share information and resources. Members may share links to sample papers or helpful resources for TISSNET preparation.
- Educational Apps: Explore mobile applications designed for exam preparation. Some educational apps offer sample papers and mock tests specifically specialised for TISSNET. These apps are convenient for candidates who prefer studying on their smartphones or tablets.
TISSNET 2024 Admit Card
The TISSNET admit card for 2024 will be made available by the authority online in the third week of February 2024. Registered candidates must download it from the website using their email ID and password. The admit card will contain essential details such as the candidate’s name, roll number, exam date, time, reporting time, and other exam day instructions. Candidates must carry a printed copy of the admit card along with valid ID proof to the examination hall.
How to Download Admit Card
To download the admit card for the TISSNET exam, follow these steps:
- Visit the official website of the exam.
- Look for the “Admit Card” or “Download Admit Card” link on the homepage or in the “Notifications” section.
- Click the link to be redirected to the admit card download page.
- As required, Enter your login credentials, such as your Registration Number, Date of Birth, or Email ID.
- After providing the necessary details, click the “Submit” or “Download Admit Card” button.
- Your admit card will be displayed on the screen. Check all the details on the admit card carefully, including your name, photograph, signature, exam date, time, and exam centre details.
- If all the information is correct, click the “Download” or “Save” button to save the admit card to your device.
- Take a printout of the admit card. It is advisable to take multiple copies in case one gets lost.
- Keep the printed admit card safe and carry it to the exam centre on the examination day. Admit cards are a mandatory document for entry to the exam hall.
TISSNET 2024 Answer Key
The authority will release the TISSNET 2024 provisional answer key in the second week of March 2024 through the official website. Students who appeared for the exam will have the opportunity to raise objections against the provisional answer key.
After reviewing all the raised objections, the authority will publish the final answer key on the website. Candidates can access the final answer key online, which is expected to be available in the third week of March 2024.
How to Download Answer Key
To download the answer key for TISSNET, follow these steps:
- Visit the Official Website: Start by visiting the official website of the Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) or go to the dedicated TISSNET exam page.
- Check for Answer Key: Look for the section related to the TISSNET answer key. The answer key might be available under “Provisional Answer Key” or “Final Answer Key.”
- Click on the Link: Once you locate the appropriate section for the answer key, click on the link provided to access it.
- View and Download: The TISSNET answer key will be displayed on the screen. You can view the answers and also download them for your reference.
- Check Responses: Carefully compare your recorded responses from the exam with the answers provided in the answer key. This step allows you to evaluate your performance and estimate your potential score.
- Raise Objections: If there is a provision for raising objections against the provisional answer key, follow the instructions on the website. If you find any discrepancies or have valid reasons to challenge certain answers, you may submit your objections as per the specified guidelines.
How to Download the Answer Sheet
To obtain your answer sheet for the TISSNET exam:
- Official Website: Visit the official website of the Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) or navigate to the dedicated TISSNET exam page.
- Login: Look for the section or link to access the answer sheet. You will likely be required to log in using your registered email ID and password. Provide the necessary login credentials to proceed.
- Access Answer Sheet: After logging in, you can access and view your TISSNET answer sheet. The answer sheet will display your recorded responses to the questions asked in the exam.
- Review Responses: Take your time to review your recorded responses in the answer sheet carefully. This step allows you to evaluate your performance and assess the accuracy of your answers.
- Save and Print: After reviewing your answer sheet, download and save it for future reference. You may also consider taking a printout of the answer sheet if you prefer to have a physical copy.
TISSNET 2024 Result
The TISSNET Result 2024 is expected to be announced by the authority in the initial week of April 2024. The results will be made available online on the official website. Each candidate’s result will be accessible individually.
Candidates must log in using their designated email ID and password to access the result. The result will be presented as a scorecard on the website. Candidates must retain a printed copy of the result for the admission process.
How to check the TISSNET Result
To check the TISSNET Result, follow these steps:
- Visit the Official Website: Visit the official website of the Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) or navigate to the dedicated TISSNET exam page.
- Login: Look for the section or link that allows you to access the TISSNET Result. You will likely be required to log in using your registered email ID and password. Enter your login credentials to proceed.
- Access Result: After successful login, you should be able to view your TISSNET Result. The result will be displayed on the screen.
- Check Scorecard: The TISSNET Result will be presented as a scorecard, showing your scores and other relevant details. Take the time to review your scores and any other information provided carefully.
- Download and Save: Once you have checked your TISSNET Result, download it and save it on your device for future reference. Keeping a digital copy ensures easy access to your result whenever needed.
- Take a Printout: For documentation purposes and to use during the admission process or any further requirements, it is advisable to take a printout of the TISSNET Result. A physical copy can be helpful during various stages of the admission procedure.
TISSNET 2024 Reservation
TISSNET 2024 follows a reservation policy to promote social inclusion and equal opportunities for all candidates. The reserved categories have specific percentages of seats allocated to them under government regulations. The TISSNET 2024 reservation policy aims to create a diverse and inclusive learning environment at the Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS).
The reserved seats are allocated as follows:
|Economically Weaker Section (EWS)||10%|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||15%|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||7.50%|
|Other Backward Caste (OBC) Non-Creamy Layer||27%|
|Differently Able Person/ Person with Disability (PHP)||5%|
TISSNET 2024 Cut Off
After conducting the TISSNET entrance examination, TISS will announce the TISSNET cut-off 2024. Candidates who meet the cut-off scores will be eligible for the Personal Interview (PI) round. The TISSNET 2024 cut-off marks will be determined based on several factors:
- The total number of candidates appearing in the TISSNET examination.
- A total number of available seats at TISS.
- The difficulty level of the exam and the number of candidates who meet the qualifying cut-off for TISSNET.
- The candidate’s category, as specific cut-off marks, may apply to different categories at TISS.
TISSNET 2024 Cut-Off (Expected)
Last year, the authorities adjusted the TISSNET sectional cutoff for GA after reviewing the answer key. Generally, the qualifying cutoff in TISSNET falls within the range of 65-75. Candidates can refer to the anticipated cutoff for TISSNET 2024 for various postgraduate programs provided by TISS:
Factors Determining of TISSNET Cut-off
The TISSNET cut-off is determined based on several factors, which play a crucial role in setting the minimum qualifying marks for candidates to be eligible for further stages of the admission process. Some key factors influencing the TISSNET cut-off are as follows:
- Total Number of Candidates: The number of candidates appearing for the TISSNET examination in a particular year can impact the cut-off. A higher number of candidates may lead to a more competitive exam, affecting the cut-off scores.
- Total Number of Seats: The availability of seats in the various programs offered by TISS also plays a role in determining the cut-off. Limited seats may result in a higher cut-off for certain programs.
- Difficulty Level of the Exam: The overall difficulty level of the TISSNET examination can influence the cut-off. A more challenging exam may lead to a slightly lower cut-off, while an easier exam may result in a higher cut-off.
- Previous Year’s Cut-off: TISS may consider the cut-off marks from previous years while setting the current year’s cut-off. It provides a reference point for maintaining consistency in the selection process.
- Reservation Policy: TISS follows a reservation policy based on government guidelines. The cut-off may vary for different categories (SC, ST, OBC, EWS, PWD) based on the percentage of seats reserved for each category.
- Marking Scheme: The marking scheme of the TISSNET exam, such as the number of questions and the marks allotted for each question, can also impact the cut-off.
- Exam Performance: The overall performance of candidates in the TISSNET exam can influence the cut-off. If most candidates perform exceptionally well, the cut-off may increase.
- Program-specific Cut-Off: Different programs offered by TISS may have specific cut-off scores depending on their popularity and demand.
TISSNET Percentile Predictor
The percentile predictor, also known as the score calculator, is a tool that provides an estimated percentile or score based on the information you input. Using the predictor soon after completing the exam is recommended to ensure accurate data regarding your attempts and correct answers.
To utilise the TISSNET Percentile Predictor effectively, follow these steps:
- Click on the provided link for the ‘TISSNET Percentile Predictor’ and sign up if you are not registered on the website.
- Sign in using your credentials and enter the required details.
- Input the number of attempted questions and correct answers to determine your overall and sectional percentiles.
- Use this information to plan and prepare for further selection rounds.
- Additionally, receive guidance and counselling from our mentors to enhance your preparation further.
TISSNET 2024 Admission Procedure
The TISSNET admission process for 2024 is designed to be comprehensive and exacting, aiming to select the most deserving candidates for Tata Institute of Social Sciences’ various postgraduate programs. It starts with the TISSNET examination, serving as the initial screening for all applicants.
Once the TISSNET results are announced, qualified candidates proceed to the next stage, attending a mandatory counselling session. During this session, they receive vital information about the admission process, program details, and other guidelines. The admission procedure consists of two significant components that hold considerable weightage: the Programme Aptitude Test (TISS-PAT) and the Online Personal Interview (OPI).
- Programme Aptitude Test (TISS-PAT): The TISS-PAT is a specialised aptitude test designed to assess candidates’ potential and suitability for specific postgraduate programs offered by TISS. The test evaluates candidates’ skills and capabilities in areas relevant to their chosen field. It delves deeper into assessing their understanding of the subject matter, problem-solving abilities, critical thinking, and analytical skills. The TISS-PAT score contributes significantly, accounting for 40% of the admission criteria.
- Online Personal Interview (OPI): The Online Personal Interview is a crucial stage in the admission process, aiming to assess candidates’ overall suitability for the applied program. During the OPI, candidates interact directly with TISS faculty and interview panels. The interviewers evaluate candidates based on various aspects, such as their academic background, work experience (if any), the motivation behind pursuing the chosen program, and alignment with TISS’s core values and vision. The OPI provides a platform for candidates to demonstrate their communication skills, critical thinking abilities, problem-solving acumen, and perspectives on relevant social issues. The OPI score holds significant weightage, contributing 30% towards the final admission criteria.
- NET, PAT, and OCI Score Combination: The final admission outcome is determined by combining three essential scores: the TISSNET score, the TISS-PAT score, and OCI (Online Career Interview) score. The TISSNET score, derived from the National Entrance Test, holds 30% weightage in the admission criteria. The TISS-PAT score carries 40% weightage, and the OCI score accounts for 30%. By combining these scores, TISS aims to evaluate candidates holistically, considering various dimensions of their academic potential, subject-specific aptitude, and overall suitability for the chosen program.
Requirement Documents at the Counseling Time
During the counselling session for TISSNET admission, candidates are required to present the following documents for verification:
- Qualifying Exam Mark Sheet or Certificate: This document verifies the candidate’s educational background and eligibility for the postgraduate programs at TISS. It should indicate the successful completion of the necessary educational requirements from a recognised university.
- ID Proof: Candidates must provide valid identification proof confirming their identity and personal details. Commonly accepted ID proofs include an Aadhar card, passport, voter ID card, or driver’s license.
- Date of Birth (D.O.B) Proof: As part of the verification process, candidates must submit a document certifying their birth date. This could be a birth certificate, school leaving certificate, or any other official document.
- Caste Certificate: Candidates belonging to reserved categories (such as Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, Other Backward Classes, etc.) must provide a valid caste certificate as proof of their category. This certificate is essential for determining eligibility for reserved seats and considering candidates under the applicable quota during admission.
- TISSNET Result: The TISSNET result is a crucial document that showcases the candidate’s performance in the Tata Institute of Social Sciences National Entrance Test. The result reflects the candidate’s score and percentile obtained in the examination, an important component in the evaluation for admission to various postgraduate programs.
TISSNET 2024 Selection Process
The TISSNET 2024 Selection Process is a multi-step evaluation procedure conducted by the Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) to select candidates for admission to its various postgraduate programs. The selection process typically involves the following steps:
- TISS-NET Examination: The first step is appearing for the Tata Institute of Social Sciences National Entrance Test (TISS-NET). This computer-based test assesses candidates’ aptitude, analytical ability, and general awareness. The TISS-NET exam serves as the primary screening round for admission.
- Programme Aptitude Test (TISS-PAT): Candidates who qualify in the TISS-NET examination will be shortlisted for the Programme Aptitude Test (TISS-PAT). The TISS-PAT is specific to each postgraduate program and is designed to assess candidates’ knowledge and aptitude in the chosen field of study.
- Online Personal Interview (OPI): After the TISS-PAT, candidates will proceed to the Online Personal Interview (OPI) round. The OPI evaluates candidates’ communication skills, domain knowledge, and suitability for the applied program.
- Final Merit List: Based on the combined performance in TISS-NET, TISS-PAT, and OPI, a final merit list will be prepared. The candidates will be ranked according to their overall scores in these evaluation components.
- Seat Allotment and Admission: Candidates who secure a place in the final merit list will be offered admission to their preferred postgraduate program based on their rank and availability of seats. The candidates must then complete the admission formalities per TISS’s guidelines.
Colleges Accepting TISSNET 2024 Score
The TISSNET 2024 score is accepted by various colleges under the Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS). Four TISS campuses are located in different regions of India, offering excellent education in various M.A. courses. These campuses are TISS Mumbai, TISS Hyderabad, TISS Guwahati, and TISS Tuljapur.
Apart from these four TISS campuses, there are eight independent TISSNET colleges:
- Centre for Studies in Sociology of Education, Mumbai
- Centre of Excellence on Adolescents and Youth, Mumbai
- Centre for Study of Social Exclusion and Inclusive Policies, Mumbai
- Centre of Lifelong Studies, Mumbai
- Centre of Education Innovation and Action Research, Mumbai
- Centre of Undergraduate Studies, Guwahati
- Centre of Development Practice and Research, Patna
- Mahatma Gandhi Academy of Human Development, Guwahati
TISSNET 2024 Contact Information
The TISSNET 2024 Contact Information offers vital details for candidates needing help or information about the Tata Institute of Social Sciences National Entrance Test (TISSNET) in 2024. It includes contact information for TISS authorities, facilitating access to support and guidance during the application and admission process.
Official website: http://admissions.tiss.edu, https://appln.tiss.edu
Helpline no.: +91(22)25525000, 022-25525252
Address-Tata Institute of Social Sciences,
V.N. Purav Marg, Deonar, Mumbai-400088.
The Tata Institute of Social Sciences National Entrance Test (TISSNET) is a prestigious examination that serves as a gateway for admission into various postgraduate programs in social sciences offered by the Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS). TISSNET question papers are crucial in exam preparation, providing valuable resources for candidates to understand the exam pattern, assess their readiness, and improve their performance. The TISSNET admit card, answer key, and result are important components of the examination process, and candidates must follow the instructions to access them. The admission process involves two main stages – the TISSNET exam and the Online Assessments (OA), which include the Programme Aptitude Test (TISS-PAT) and the Online Personal Interview (OPI). Aspiring candidates are advised to prepare thoroughly and seek support from TISS authorities for a smooth and successful TISSNET journey.
TISSNET 2024 FAQs
Is TISSNET an MBA?
No, TISSNET is not specifically an MBA entrance exam. It is conducted for admission to various postgraduate programs in social sciences offered by the Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS).
Does TISS have 100% placement?
While TISS has a good placement record, it does not guarantee 100% placement for all students. Placements depend on individual skills, job market conditions, and the chosen field of study.
How many seats are in TISSNET?
The number of seats in TISSNET varies yearly and depends on the specific postgraduate programs TISS offers.
Is TISSNET MBA difficult?
The difficulty level of TISSNET can vary for each candidate. It tests candidates’ aptitude and knowledge in social sciences, and the difficulty depends on individual preparation and understanding of the subjects.
Which MBA colleges accept TISSNET?
TISSNET is not specifically an MBA entrance exam. Still, it provides admission to various postgraduate programs, including MA in Human Resource Management and Labour Relations (HRM & LR) with an MBA-like curriculum.
What is the rank of TISS in MBA in India?
TISS is well-regarded for its MA in Human Resource Management and Labour Relations (HRM & LR) program, but it is not typically ranked as an MBA college in the traditional MBA ranking lists.
What is the cut-off for TISS MBA?
TISS will establish a minimum qualifying cutoff for the computer-based test. The cutoff for SC/ST category candidates is 35%, while for General/OBC candidates, it is 45%.
Who is eligible for TISSNET MBA?
Candidates with a bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a recognised university can apply for TISSNET MBA or MA in HRM & LR program.
When TISSNET 2024 application form will start?
The TISSNET 2024 application form is scheduled to commence in the second week of December 2023.
What will be the last date for submission of the application form?
The last date for submitting the TISSNET 2024 application form will be specified in the official notification on the TISS website.
Can I submit the application form through offline mode?
No, the application form can only be submitted online and not through any other mode.
Is there any age criteria for the TISSNET entrance examination 2024?
No, the TISSNET Entrance Examination 2024 has no upper age limit. However, candidates must be at least 21 years old to be eligible to apply for TISSNET.
What types of questions will be there in the entrance examination?
The TISSNET entrance examination typically includes multiple-choice questions (MCQs) on subjects related to social sciences, general awareness, analytical ability, and English language proficiency.
What will be the mode of examination?
TISSNET is usually conducted in online mode (computer-based test).
What are the documents required during the counselling of the TISSNET 2024?
During the counselling process of TISSNET 2024, candidates need to present certain documents, including their 10th, 12th, and Graduation mark sheets and certificates, a category certificate, a birth certificate, and a photograph.