Latest Applications Open 2024:
The Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) offers a distinctive and comprehensive program called the Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing, catering to the educational needs of aspiring nurses. This program is designed for individuals who have already completed a diploma in nursing and seek to advance their knowledge and skills to attain a bachelor’s degree. IGNOU, a pioneer in open and distance learning, provides a flexible and accessible platform for nurses to pursue higher education while balancing their professional responsibilities. The Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing program at IGNOU is structured to enhance the competencies of nurses, equipping them with a deeper understanding of nursing theories, research methodologies, and advanced clinical practices. With a focus on theoretical and practical aspects, this program prepares nurses to meet the evolving challenges in healthcare, fostering their professional growth and contributing to the overall improvement of healthcare services.
Established in 1985, the Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) is a pioneering institution in open and distance learning. Named after India’s former Prime Minister, Indira Gandhi, the university has become one of the largest and most influential educational institutions globally. Offering a diverse array of undergraduate, postgraduate, diploma, and certificate programs, IGNOU has successfully democratized education by providing flexible learning opportunities for individuals from various walks of life. The curriculum is thoughtfully crafted to cover various subjects, including community health nursing, maternal health nursing, child health nursing, and medical-surgical nursing. Students also delve into research methodologies, nursing administration, and educational strategies, empowering them with a holistic understanding of the nursing profession.
The successful completion of this program not only provides nurses with a comprehensive understanding of nursing theories and practices and grants them an internationally recognized bachelor’s degree. Beyond academic achievements, the program emphasizes critical thinking, evidence-based practices, and patient-centric approaches, preparing nurses to address the dynamic challenges in the healthcare sector. As a testament to IGNOU’s commitment to accessible and quality education, the Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing program contributes significantly to the professional growth and global recognition of nurses.
IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing 2024 Notification – Application Soon
IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing Latest News & Updates
All the latest news and official updates regarding IGNOU are available on this page.The Application Form for IGNOU is expected to be released soon. Stay tuned for further developments and check the official IGNOU website for the most recent and accurate updates
Latest Applications For Various UG & PG Courses Open 2024
- Parul University | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- UPES Dehradun | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- Chandigarh University | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- LPU 2024 | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- IIAD, Delhi | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- GIBS, Bangalore | PGDM Applications Open. Package upto 15.5 LPA. Apply Now
- GNIOT, Greater Noida | Admissions Open for All Courses 2023. Apply Now
- Narayana Business School | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- The Design Village | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- IMS Ghaziabad UC Campus | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- KIIT School of Management | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- KSRM | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
What is IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing?
The IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing program is a specialized educational initiative offered by the Indira Gandhi National Open University to registered nurses who have previously completed a diploma in nursing. This program serves as a crucial bridge for nurses aspiring to elevate their academic qualifications to the bachelor’s degree level. Embracing IGNOU’s hallmark flexibility in education, the Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing program accommodates the demanding schedules of working professionals, enabling them to pursue higher education while continuing their nursing careers.
What Are The Benefits Of An IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing Course?
The IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing course offers numerous benefits to registered nurses seeking to advance their education and enhance their professional capabilities:
- Academic Advancement: The program provides an opportunity for registered nurses with a diploma in nursing to upgrade their qualifications to a bachelor’s degree level, opening doors to expanded career opportunities and leadership roles within the healthcare sector.
- Flexibility and Accessibility: Aligned with IGNOU’s ethos of open and distance learning, the program offers flexibility regarding study schedules. This enables working nurses to continue their professional roles while pursuing higher education, making it accessible to a diverse range of learners.
- Career Opportunities: Completion of the Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing program enhances career prospects, potentially leading to advancements in clinical practice, administration, education, or research within the nursing profession.
- International Recognition: The degree conferred by IGNOU is internationally recognized, providing graduates with a credential that holds value not only within India but also in the global healthcare community. This recognition can be advantageous for those considering opportunities abroad.
- Comprehensive Curriculum: The program covers various nursing disciplines, including community health, maternal and child health, medical-surgical nursing, research methodologies, nursing administration, and educational strategies. This comprehensive curriculum ensures that graduates are well-rounded and equipped to meet the diverse challenges in healthcare.
- Holistic Development: Beyond theoretical knowledge, the program emphasizes critical thinking, evidence-based practice, and a patient-centered approach. This holistic development prepares nurses to contribute effectively to the evolving healthcare landscape and address the complex needs of patients.
- Professional Networking: Enrolling in the IGNOU program allows nurses to engage with a diverse cohort of professionals. This networking can facilitate the exchange of ideas, experiences, and best practices, enriching the overall learning experience.
- Support Services: IGNOU’s infrastructure includes study centers and support services, offering counseling and guidance to students. This support system helps students navigate challenges, ensuring a smoother academic journey.
- Adaptability to Changing Roles: The program equips nurses with the knowledge and skills required to adapt to the evolving roles within the nursing profession, preparing them for leadership positions, teaching roles, or specialization in specific healthcare areas.
- Contribution to Healthcare Quality: Graduates of the Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing programs are poised to contribute significantly to improving healthcare quality through evidence-based practices, efficient management, and a patient-centric approach.
IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing Course Duration
Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing course at IGNOU (Indira Gandhi National Open University) is generally 3 years. The duration of the program often includes both theoretical coursework and practical training components, allowing registered nurses to gain a comprehensive understanding of various nursing disciplines while also acquiring hands-on experience in clinical settings. The flexible nature of IGNOU’s open and distance learning model provides students with the flexibility to manage their study schedules according to their professional and personal commitments.
Why To Study IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing?
Studying the IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing program offers a range of compelling reasons for registered nurses with a diploma in nursing to consider:
- Career Advancement: The program provides a pathway for career progression by upgrading nursing qualifications to a bachelor’s degree level. This can lead to increased job opportunities, promotions, and eligibility for roles in leadership, education, research, and specialized clinical practice.
- Flexibility in Learning: IGNOU’s open and distance learning model allows nurses to pursue higher education without compromising their professional commitments. The flexibility in study schedules enables working nurses to balance academic pursuits with their existing roles and personal responsibilities.
- International Recognition: The degree conferred by IGNOU is internationally recognized, enhancing the credibility and marketability of graduates on a global scale. This recognition is particularly beneficial for nurses aspiring to work or pursue further studies in different countries.
- Comprehensive Curriculum: The program covers a broad spectrum of nursing disciplines, providing a well-rounded education. From community health to maternal and child health, medical-surgical nursing, and research methodologies, the curriculum ensures that graduates are equipped with a diverse skill set.
- Holistic Development: Beyond theoretical knowledge, the program emphasizes critical thinking, evidence-based practice, and patient-centric approaches. This holistic approach prepares nurses to navigate the complexities of the healthcare sector and contribute meaningfully to patient care.
- Adaptable to Diverse Healthcare Settings: The knowledge and skills gained through the program prepare nurses for versatile roles in various healthcare settings. Whether in hospitals, community health centers, educational institutions, or research facilities, graduates are well-prepared to make meaningful contributions.
- Networking Opportunities: Enrolling in the IGNOU program provides an opportunity for nurses to connect with a diverse group of professionals. Networking with peers and faculty members can facilitate the exchange of ideas, best practices, and experiences, enriching the overall learning experience.
- Supportive Learning Environment: IGNOU provides study centers and support services, offering counseling, guidance, and resources to help students navigate their academic journey. This support system contributes to a positive and enriching learning experience.
- Contributions to Healthcare Quality: Graduates of the Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing program are positioned to contribute to the improvement of healthcare quality through the application of evidence-based practices, effective management, and a commitment to patient well-being.
- Personal Growth and Fulfillment: Pursuing higher education is a journey of personal and professional growth. The IGNOU program provides an opportunity for nurses to expand their knowledge, skills, and perspectives, leading to a sense of accomplishment and fulfillment in their chosen profession.
Who Should Do IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing
The IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing program is specifically designed for registered nurses who have completed a diploma in nursing and are looking to further their education. This program is ideal for:
- Registered Nurses with a Diploma in Nursing: The primary target audience for the IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing program is registered nurses who have already obtained a diploma in nursing. It serves as a pathway for these nurses to upgrade their qualifications to the bachelor’s degree level.
- Working Professionals: The flexible nature of IGNOU’s open and distance learning makes the Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing program suitable for working professionals. Nurses who are currently employed can pursue higher education without having to take a break from their careers.
- Aspiring Nurse Leaders: Individuals who aspire to take on leadership roles within the healthcare sector, whether in clinical practice, administration, education, or research, can benefit from the advanced knowledge and skills gained through this program.
- Those Seeking Career Advancement: Nurses looking to enhance their career prospects and explore new opportunities within the nursing profession can find the Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing program beneficial. The bachelor’s degree opens doors to a broader range of roles and responsibilities.
- International Nursing Professionals: The program’s international recognition makes it suitable for registered nurses outside of India who seek to attain a globally recognized qualification, potentially enhancing their career prospects on an international scale.
- Individuals Interested in Holistic Nursing Practice: The program’s emphasis on critical thinking, evidence-based practice, and patient-centered care makes it suitable for individuals who are dedicated to providing holistic and high-quality nursing care.
- Those with a Desire for Continuous Learning: The program is well-suited for individuals who value continuous learning and professional development. It offers a comprehensive curriculum that covers various nursing disciplines, preparing nurses for the evolving challenges in healthcare.
- Nurses with a Commitment to Evidence-Based Practice: The emphasis on research methodologies in the curriculum makes the program suitable for nurses who are interested in incorporating evidence-based practices into their clinical work and decision-making.
- Those Seeking a Flexible Learning Environment: The flexibility offered by IGNOU’s open and distance learning model makes the program accessible to individuals who may have constraints on attending traditional on-campus classes.
IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing Admission 2024 Highlights
Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) offers a Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing program for registered nurses who have completed a diploma in nursing and have a minimum of two years of work experience. Here are some general highlights and eligibility criteria that are often associated with such programs:
|Eligibility Criteria||Completion of a diploma in nursing (GNM or equivalent) and registration as a nurse. Minimum of two years of work experience.|
|Duration of the Program||Typically a 3-year program.|
|Course Structure||Theoretical and practical components. Assignments, practical training, and contact sessions.|
|Admission Process||Merit-based admission. Entrance examination and other criteria may apply.|
|Study Material||Comprehensive study materials provided, including printed books, multimedia content, and online resources.|
|Examination and Evaluation||Evaluation based on assignments, term-end examinations, and practical sessions.|
|Flexibility||IGNOU is known for flexibility, allowing working professionals to balance work and education.|
|Support Services||Academic counseling, study centers, and online resources provided for student support.|
IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing 2024 Important Dates
In preparation for the IGNOU Admission Examination in 2024, prospective candidates should take note of the crucial dates outlined below. From the commencement of online applications in the second week of December 2023.
|Online Application Starts||2nd week of December 2023|
|Last Date to Submit Application||4th week of December 2023|
|Admit Card Release||1st week of January 2024|
|Entrance Examination Date||2nd week of January 2024|
|Answer Key Release||4th week of February 2024|
|Objection Period for Answer Key||4th week of February 2024|
|Result Declaration||Last week of March 2024|
IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing 2024 Application Form
The IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing 2024 Application Form is the gateway for candidates aspiring to enroll in the program. It encompasses sections where applicants furnish personal details, educational qualifications, and essential information crucial for admission. Here are the pertinent details about the application process:
- The IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing 2024 Application Form is expected to be released in December 2023.
- The deadline for submitting the application form is in January 2024.
- Application forms will be accessible on the official IGNOU website.
- To initiate the application process, candidates must visit the official IGNOU website.
- It is strongly advised that applicants complete and submit their forms before the specified deadline.
- Successful participation in the admissions process requires the thorough completion of the application form.
- Applicants can download the application form directly from the official website.
- Upon downloading, applicants must meticulously fill in the required personal, educational, and course-related details, as well as details about parents and contact information.
- A passport-size photograph must be affixed to the designated area of the application form.
- After accurately completing all the required information, candidates can print the finalized form.
- It is imperative for applicants to retain a printed copy of the completed application form for future reference and use.
How to Fill IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing 2024 Application Form
To complete the IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing 2024 Application Form: visit the official IGNOU website and initiate the registration process by providing accurate personal details. Fill in the form with precision, upload the requisite documents, and proceed to make the application fee payment. Thoroughly review the form for accuracy before final submission and ensure to print a copy for future reference. Additionally, download the admit card once it becomes available. Below is a step-by-step guide for filling out the application form for IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing 2024.
Step 1: Registration
- Visit the official application portal: https://ignounursing.samarth.edu.in/.
- Click on “New Registration” and provide the required details:
- User name
- Full name (as per educational documents)
- Email ID (frequently checked)
- Phone number
- Captcha verification
- Click on “Register” to complete the registration. Remember your username and password.
Step 2: Login
- Log in using your user name and password.
- Enter the captcha and click on “LOGIN” to access your account.
Step 3: Read Instructions
- Read the instructions on the next page carefully.
- Click on the box “I have read the important information” and then click “Submit.”
Step 4: Personal Details
- Fill in personal details accurately:
- Full Name
- Guardian Name
- Guardian Relationship
- Date of Birth (as per 10th Certificate)
- Kashmiri Migrant status
- Nationality (Indian)
- Territory/Area (Urban, Rural, or Tribal)
- Minority Group status
- Marital status
- Social Status
- Email and Alternate Email
- Phone numbers
- Disability details
- Employment status
- Click on “Submit.”
Step 5: Programme Details
- Fill in programme details:
- Programme type (Bachelors)
- Programme for enrolment (Bachelor of Science Nursing – Post Basic)
- Exam centre city code
- Region code for admission (RC Code)
- Programme Study Centre for admission (PSC Code)
- State code
- Medium (English)
- Mode of Study (ODL)
- Indicate if already a student of IGNOU
- Click on “Submit.”
Step 6: Qualification Details
- Choose relevant qualification (Matriculation or 10+2).
- Choose the main subjects and fill in the details.
- Fill in the year of passing, division obtained, and percentage of marks.
- Choose the Board code for the qualification.
- Click on “Submit.”
Step 7: Course Details
- Fill in professional qualification details (GNM).
- Fill in marks obtained in GNM for each year.
- For male nurses, fill in additional course details if applicable.
- Fill in years of work experience after registration as RN RM.
- Fill in details of working experience and presently working.
- Click on “Submit.”
Step 8: Correspondence Details
- Fill in correspondence details for written communication.
- Click on “Submit.”
Step 9: Document Upload
- Upload the required documents (photograph, signature, 10th Certificate, GNM Diploma certificate, GNM final mark sheet certificate, Current registration certificate, Experience certificate, and Category certificate).
- Click on “Submit.”
Step 10: Preview Form
- Preview your form and check for accuracy.
- Make any necessary edits.
- Once satisfied, click on “Submit.” Editing is not possible after this point.
Note: The size of documents should be between 10 kb and 100 kb, and compress images before uploading.
IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing Application Fee
As a mandatory prerequisite, candidates are required to submit the Examination Form online for participation in any course(s) related to the IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing program.
- It is mandatory to submit the Examination Form online for participation in any course(s) within the IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing program.
- An examination fee of ₹200/- per course is applicable.
- The examination fee can be paid online using Debit/Credit Card or Internet Banking.
- Online payments can be made using credit/debit cards from any nationalized banks or through internet banking.
Required Document For Application Form
For the IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing Application Form, you will need to have the following documents ready:
- 10th Certificate:
- GNM Diploma Certificate:
- GNM Final Mark Sheet Certificate:
- Current Registration Certificate:
- Experience Certificate (if available):
- Category Certificate (if applicable):
IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing 2024 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing ensures that candidates possess the necessary qualifications and attributes to pursue the program effectively. Below are the detailed eligibility criteria for IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing:
- In-service Nurses (Registered Nurses and Registered Midwives – RNRM) must have completed 10+2 with a three-year Diploma in General Nursing and Midwifery (GNM).
- For male nurses who haven’t undergone midwifery in the GNM program, a certificate in any nursing course of 6-9 months prescribed by the Indian Nursing Council is required.
- In-service Nurses (RNRM) with 10th class (Matriculation) or its equivalent must have a three-year Diploma in General Nursing and Midwifery (GNM).
- For male nurses without midwifery in the GNM program, a certificate in any nursing course of 6-9 months prescribed by the Indian Nursing Council is mandatory.
- Minimum of two years of experience (after registration as RNRM) for candidates with 10+2 and GNM.
- Minimum of five years of experience (after registration as RNRM) for candidates with 10th class and GNM.
Age of Admission:
- No maximum age limit.
IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing 2024 Exam Pattern
The examination pattern for the IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc Nursing program typically includes details about the structure of the examination, types of questions, duration, and other relevant information.
|Duration of Programme||Minimum: 3 years, Maximum: 6 years for program completion|
|Medium of Instruction||English|
|Number of Seats||Varies from Programme Study Centre (PSC) to PSC. List of approved PSCs, codes, and seat numbers provided in Appendix VIII|
|Entrance Test Pattern||120 multiple-choice questions, Sections A to H covering various subjects taught in GNM (General Nursing and Midwifery), Each question carries 1 mark|
|OMR Sheet and Duration||Candidates provided with an OMR Sheet for marking responses, Duration of the test: 2.5 hours|
IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing 2024 Syllabus
The IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing syllabus is designed to provide a comprehensive and in-depth understanding of various nursing disciplines, ranging from fundamental nursing principles to specialized areas such as medical-surgical, psychiatric, pediatric, and obstetric nursing. This program encompasses a diverse curriculum, including community health, research methodology, and professional trends, aiming to equip students with the necessary knowledge and skills for a successful career in nursing practice, education, and administration.
|Fundamentals of Nursing||– Introduction to Nursing|
|– Nursing Procedures and Techniques|
|– Nursing Care of Clients with Medical and Surgical Conditions|
|Medical-Surgical Nursing||– Medical-Surgical Nursing I|
|– Medical-Surgical Nursing II|
|– Specialty Nursing (e.g., Orthopedic Nursing, Ophthalmic Nursing)|
|Psychiatric Nursing||– Psychiatric Nursing|
|– Mental Health Nursing|
|Community Health Nursing||– Community Health Nursing I|
|– Community Health Nursing II|
|– Epidemiology and Communicable Diseases|
|Obstetric and Gynecological Nursing||– Obstetric Nursing|
|– Gynecological Nursing|
|Pediatric Nursing||– Pediatric Nursing|
|Research and Statistics in Nursing||– Research Methodology|
|Professional Trends and Adjustment||– Nursing Education and Administration|
|– Professional Trends and Adjustment|
IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing 2024 Best Books
Selecting the best books for IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing can depend on the specific subjects and topics covered in the program. Here are some general recommendations for textbooks commonly used in nursing education. It’s always a good idea to check with your instructors or refer to the IGNOU syllabus for the most relevant and updated reading materials.
|Fundamentals of Nursing||“Textbook of Nursing Foundations” by I Clement|
|Medical-Surgical Nursing||“Medical-Surgical Nursing” by Brunner & Suddarth|
|Psychiatric Nursing||“Psychiatric Nursing” by Keltner and Steele|
|Community Health Nursing||“Community Health Nursing: A Practical Guide” by Judith Ann Allender|
|Obstetric and Gynecological Nursing||“Obstetric and Gynecological Nursing” by Adele Pillitteri|
|Pediatric Nursing||“Pediatric Nursing” by Bhatia B.L.|
|Research Methodology||“Research Methodology: A Step-by-Step Guide for Beginners” by Ranjit Kumar|
|Biostatistics||“Biostatistics: A Foundation for Analysis in the Health Sciences” by Wayne W. Daniel|
IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing Study Material
IGNOU (Indira Gandhi National Open University) provides study materials for its Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing program. IGNOU is known for its distance education programs and students enrolled in the Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing programs can expect to receive study materials in printed books, audio-video materials, and online resources.
To access the study materials for the IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc Nursing program, enrolled students typically receive a study kit containing:
- Printed Study Material: This includes textbooks, study guides, and other printed materials covering the syllabus for each course in the program.
- Audio and Video Materials: In some cases, IGNOU provides audio and video materials to enhance the learning experience. These may be in the form of CDs or online resources.
- Online Resources: IGNOU provides online access to study materials through its eGyanKosh platform. Students can log in to the platform to download additional resources, assignments, and study materials.
- Self-learning Materials: The study materials are designed to facilitate self-learning, allowing students to study at their own pace.
IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing 2024 Preparation Tips
Preparing for IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing requires a systematic and focused approach. Here are some preparation tips to help you excel in your studies:
- Understand the Syllabus: Familiarize yourself with the IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing syllabus. Understand the subjects, topics, and weightage of each section in the examination.
- Create a Study Schedule: Develop a realistic study schedule for sufficient time for each subject. Allocate time based on the difficulty level of the topics.
- Use Recommended Textbooks: Refer to the recommended textbooks and study materials provided by IGNOU. These resources are aligned with the curriculum and can help you grasp the essential concepts.
- Practice Regularly: Practice solving previous years’ question papers and sample papers. This helps in understanding the exam pattern and improves time management skills.
- Focus on Weak Areas: Identify your weaker areas and allocate more time to them. Strengthen your foundation in fundamental concepts before moving on to more complex topics.
- Seek Clarifications: If you encounter difficulties with certain topics, don’t hesitate to seek clarification from your instructors, peers or through additional study materials.
- Utilize Online Resources: Use online resources, educational websites, and video lectures to supplement your learning. Interactive resources can provide a different perspective on complex topics.
- Stay Updated: Keep yourself updated on any changes in the exam pattern, syllabus, or important announcements from IGNOU. Regularly check the official website for updates.
- Practice Time Management: During practice sessions, work on improving your time management skills. The IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc Nursing entrance exam has a specific duration, so efficient time usage is crucial.
- Stay Healthy: Take care of your physical and mental health. Ensure you get adequate sleep, exercise, and maintain a balanced diet. A healthy lifestyle can positively impact your concentration and overall well-being.
- Join Study Groups: Form or join study groups with fellow students. Discussing concepts with peers can enhance your understanding and provide different perspectives.
- Revise Regularly: Regular revision is crucial for retention. Allocate time for revision in your study schedule to reinforce what you’ve learned.
IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing Admit Card
The IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing Admit Card is an essential document that is the key to the examination for aspiring nursing professionals. Issued by the Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU), the admit card is a critical component of the examination process, providing crucial details such as the candidate’s name, roll number, examination center, and exam date. This document not only acts as identification proof for candidates but also ensures a smooth and organized conduct of the examination. Its issuance marks a significant step in the journey of prospective nurses, signifying their readiness to undertake the examination that evaluates their knowledge, skills, and competence in the nursing field. Adhering to the guidelines outlined on the admit card is paramount for candidates to successfully navigate the examination process and pursue their academic aspirations in the dynamic and impactful realm of nursing.
How to Download the Admit Card
The process for downloading the IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing Admit Card may involve the following steps.
- Visit the Official Website: Go to the official website of IGNOU (Indira Gandhi National Open University) at www.ignou.ac.in.
- Navigate to the Admit Card Section: Look for the section related to examination or admit cards on the official website. This section is often prominently displayed.
- Login to Your Account: Log in to your student account using the required credentials. This may include your enrollment number, program code, and password.
- Locate the Admit Card Link: Once logged in, navigate to the specific link for downloading the admit card for the Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing program.
- Enter Details: Enter the necessary details, such as your enrollment number, date of birth, or any other information requested.
- Download Admit Card: After entering the required details, click the submit or download button. Your admit card should be displayed on the screen.
- Verify Details: Verify all the details on the admit card, including your name, roll number, exam date, and examination center. Ensure that all information is accurate.
- Print the Admit Card: Once verified, download and print multiple copies of the admit card. Keep one copy with you, and it’s advisable to retain another as a backup.
- Exam Day Instructions: Read and familiarize yourself with the instructions on the admit card, especially those related to exam day procedures.
- Contact IGNOU in Case of Issues: If you encounter any issues during the download process or discrepancies in the information provided, contact the IGNOU examination department for assistance.
IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing Exam Day Instructions & Guidelines
The IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing exam day marks a crucial phase for aspiring nursing professionals, representing the culmination of their academic preparation. As candidates enter the examination center, a set of essential instructions and guidelines become paramount to ensure fair and organized conduct of the examination. These guidelines typically encompass punctuality, adherence to specific rules, the importance of carrying necessary documents such as the admit card and identification proof, and compliance with examination hall decorum. With a focus on maintaining a conducive environment for all candidates, these instructions aim to guarantee a smooth and standardized examination process, allowing candidates to showcase their acquired knowledge and skills in the nursing field.
- Reporting Time: Arrive at the examination center well before the reporting time mentioned on your admit card.
- Admit Card: Carry a printed copy of your IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing Admit Card. Ensure all details are accurate, and you and the invigilator duly sign it.
- Identification Proof: Carry a valid photo identification proof (e.g., Aadhar card, passport, voter ID) and your admit card for verification.
- Stationery and Essentials: Bring essential stationery items such as pens, pencils, and a ruler. Check if there are any specific items required for your exam and bring them accordingly.
- Compliance with Rules: Follow all the rules and guidelines set by the examination center. Listen to and adhere to the instructions provided by the invigilators.
- Seating Arrangement: Sit at the designated seat assigned to you. The seating arrangement is often specified on the day of the exam.
- Silence and Focus: Maintain silence and focus during the exam. Avoid any form of communication with fellow candidates.
- Electronic Devices: Ensure you do not carry any prohibited electronic devices, such as mobile phones, into the examination hall.
- Time Management: Manage your time effectively during the exam. Monitor the clock and allocate your time wisely among different sections or questions.
- Question Paper Distribution: Wait for the invigilator’s instructions before starting the exam. Ensure that you receive the correct question paper.
- Signature and Submission: Sign the attendance sheet, if required. Submit your answer sheet only when instructed by the invigilator.
- Emergency Procedures: Familiarize yourself with the emergency procedures and evacuation routes in case of unforeseen circumstances.
IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing Exam Centres
The choice of examination centers is a critical aspect of the IGNOU examination system, contributing to the accessibility and convenience of the assessment process for students pursuing this specialized nursing program. As candidates prepare for the examination, the details of their assigned examination centers, including venue addresses and instructions, are vital components provided through official channels, enhancing the overall efficiency and transparency of the examination system.
|Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh||Govt. College of Nursing, King George Hospital Campus, Maharani Peta, Visakhapatnam – 530002, Andhra Pradesh|
|Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh||St Ann’s College of Nursing, Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh- 520001|
|Secunderabad, Telangana||KIMS College of Nursing, Survey – 130, Annapoorna Comp. 01 Babujinagar, Bownplly, Secunderabad – Telangana – 500011|
|Guwahati, Assam||Regional College of Nursing, P.O., Indrapur Guwahati – 781032|
|Delhi||Ahilya Bai College of Nursing, Delhi – 110001|
|Ahmedabad, Gujarat||L.D. Arts College (work centre at – College of Nursing, New Civil Hospital Campus, Asarwa, Ahmedabad – 380016|
|Srinagar, Jammu and Kashmir||Bibi Halima College of Nursing & Medical Technology, All J & K Muslim Wakf Board, Zero Bridge, Srinagar – 190010|
|Belgaum, Karnataka||K L E S Institue of Nursing Sciences, Nehru Nagar, Belgaum – 590010, Karnataka|
|Bangalore, Karnataka||Government College of Nursing, No. 91 D, 1st Main Stage, VI Phase West of Chord Rd Mahagana, Rathynagar Rajajinagar, Bangalore|
|Bangalore, Karnataka||Narayana Hrudayala College of Nursing, Bangalore|
|Mumbai, Maharashtra||Institute of Nursing Education, Sir J J Group of Hospital Compund, Byculla, Mumbai – 400 008|
|Pune, Maharashtra||Themi Grant Institute of Nursing Education, Ruby Hall, Clinical Grant Medical Foundation 13, Tadiwala Road, Pune – 411001|
|Aizwal, Mizoram||RIPAN, College of Nursing, Mizoram, Aizwal|
|Ludhiana, Punjab||Christian Medical College & Hospital, College of Nursing, Ludhiana – 141008, Punjab|
|Jaipur, Rajasthan||Govt College of Nursing, J L N Marg, Jaipur – 302004|
|Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh||College of Nursing, Kanpur – 214879 UP|
|Kolkata, West Bengal||College of Nursing, SSKM Hospital, Kolkatta|
|Kolkata, West Bengal||Shova Rani Nursing College 1 F, Raja S.C. Mullick Road, Jadavpur, Kolkata – 700032|
|Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu||College of Nursing, Sri Ramakrishna Inst. of Paramedical Science, Coimbatore, TN-641044|
|Chennai, Tamil Nadu||MA Chidambaram CON, Chennai, TN-6300113|
Documents Required at Exam
The specific documents required at an exam may vary based on the institution, type of examination, and specific instructions provided by the examination authority. However, generally, here are some common documents that are often required when appearing for an exam:
- Admit Card: The admit card is a crucial document that serves as proof of your eligibility to take the exam. It contains essential details such as your exam center, roll number, and other relevant information.
- Photo ID: A valid government-issued photo identification document is typically required for verification. This could be a passport, Aadhar card, driver’s license, or any other acceptable ID.
- Photograph: Sometimes, candidates must affix a recent passport-size photograph on the exam answer sheet or the attendance sheet.
- Stationery: It’s advisable to carry your stationery, such as pens, pencils, erasers, and other items permitted by the examination guidelines.
- Other Specific Documents: Depending on the examination and any specific instructions provided, there may be additional documents or items required. It’s important to carefully read the instructions provided by IGNOU for the Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing exam.
IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing Question Paper
The IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing Question Paper is a crucial component of the entrance examination, designed to assess the knowledge and aptitude of aspiring nursing professionals. Crafted by the Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU), the question paper serves as a comprehensive evaluation tool, covering various topics relevant to the nursing field. This examination paper encompasses multiple-choice questions, each strategically formulated to gauge the candidates’ understanding of sociology, pregnancy-related conditions, labor positions, medical treatments, psychological concepts, and more. The questions are meticulously crafted to test not only theoretical knowledge but also the application of practical concepts in the nursing domain. Candidates engaging with this question paper are challenged to showcase their expertise, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills, aligning with IGNOU’s commitment to fostering a high standard of education and competence in Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing.
Sociology can be defined as:
I. Systematic Study of human society
II. Study of Psychology of human being
III. Study of human events correlated in time
IV. Study of man and his culture developed in past
Pregnant women feel tingling, numbness, and pain in the thumb and finger during:
II. Carpal tunnel syndrome
III. Korsakoff’s syndrome
IV. Down’s syndrome
The most effective position for a woman in labor with cord prolapsed is:
III. Knee chest
The treatment of choice for rheumatoid arthritis is:
IV. Paraffin dip
Non-bilious projectile vomiting is a characteristic feature of:
I. Hirschsprung’s disease
II. Congenital hypertrophic Pyloric stenosis
IV. Anorectal malformation
Intense elation accompanied by an attitude of grandeur is referred to as:
All of the following are positive signs of pregnancy except:
I. Fetal heart sounds are heard
II. Fetal parts are palpable
III. Fetal movements are palpable
IV. Breast changes are observed
Functional nursing refers to:
I. Team-centered nursing
II. Completion of routine tasks
III. Concerned with specific nursing routines
IV. Patient-centered care
BCG Vaccine protects against:
IV. Whooping cough
Purposes of research are all except:
IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing Answer key 2024
The IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing Answer Key is a crucial tool in the assessment and evaluation process of the entrance examination for the Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing Programme. This comprehensive document is typically released by the Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) shortly after the completion of the entrance test. The Answer Key provides candidates with a detailed and systematic breakdown of correct answers to the questions posed during the examination.
It not only allows candidates to gauge their performance but also fosters transparency in the evaluation process, offering insights into the reasoning behind the marking scheme. Aspiring nursing professionals can leverage the Answer Key to assess their strengths and areas of improvement, aiding in their understanding of the examination pattern and question-solving strategies. This resource plays a pivotal role in shaping candidates’ expectations and forms an integral part of IGNOU’s commitment to ensuring a fair and transparent admission process for the Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing Programme.
How to Check IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing Answer Key
The process for checking the IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc Nursing Answer Key is a general guideline on checking an answer key:
- Visit the Official Website: Go to the official website of IGNOU (www.ignou.ac.in).
- Navigate to the Answer Key Section: Look for a section related to the Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing entrance examination or results on the homepage. The answer key may be available under the “Examination” or “Student Zone” section.
- Select the Correct Examination: Identify and select the link related to the Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing entrance examination or answer key.
- Download the Answer Key: Once you are on the relevant page, the answer key might be available for download or viewing. Click on the provided link to access the answer key.
- Verify Questions and Answers: The answer key typically presents a list of questions and their correct answers. Cross-check your responses from the entrance exam with the provided answers in the key.
- Contact IGNOU Authorities (if needed): If you encounter any discrepancies or have questions about the answer key, you can contact the IGNOU examination authorities for clarification. Contact information is usually available on the official website.
- Check for Notifications: IGNOU occasionally releases notifications or updates regarding the answer key. Be sure to check for any announcements or changes in the provided information.
IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing Result 2024
The announcement of the IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing entrance test result marks a significant milestone for aspiring nursing candidates. The results, once declared, will be made accessible to candidates on the official IGNOU website, www.ignou.ac.in. This transparent and efficient dissemination of results ensures that candidates have prompt access to their performance outcomes. Candidates who successfully clear the entrance test will embark on the next crucial steps of the admission process.
The respective Regional Centre will communicate detailed information regarding the subsequent stages of admission. Aspirants are advised to actively engage with their designated Regional Centre for the latest updates and guidelines of the admission process. The IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing entrance test result not only reflects individual achievements but also signifies the commencement of a promising academic journey. Candidates are encouraged to stay informed, regularly check the official website for updates, and establish direct communication with the Regional Centre to navigate through the forthcoming phases of the admission process seamlessly.
How to Check IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing Result
checking IGNOU exam results involves the following steps:
- Visit the Official Website: Go to the official IGNOU website: www.ignou.ac.in.
- Navigate to the Results Section: Look for the “Results” or “Student Zone” section on the homepage.
- Select the Relevant Exam Category: Find and select the category related to the examination results, which might be listed under “Results” or a similar section.
- Choose Your Program: Look for the Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing section or the specific program for which you appeared in the entrance test.
- Enter Required Details: You might need to enter details such as your enrollment number, date of birth, or other credentials as specified.
- View and Download the Result: Once you’ve entered the required information, your result should be displayed on the screen. Check your result details and download the result for future reference.
- Contact Regional Centre for Further Information: As mentioned in the information you provided, details about the next steps in the admission process will be communicated by the concerned Regional Centre. If you have any queries or need additional information, contact the Regional Centre directly.
IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing Admission Process 2024
The admission process for the IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc Nursing Programme for the January 2024 session is meticulously designed to ensure a merit-based selection of candidates through a common entrance test. Prospective students will undergo counseling and admissions based on their performance in the entrance test, which will be conducted region-wise. Regional Centres, where Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing Programme Study Centres are established to oversee the counseling and admission procedures. Candidates can choose Programme Study Centres (PSCs) from any Region or State according to their preferences. The application forms must be submitted through the online portal, accessible on the official IGNOU website (www.ignou.ac.in), where detailed instructions for the online application process are provided.
The entrance test, a key component of the admission process, will be conducted by the School of Education (SED), and the results will be processed. Following the entrance test, a region-based merit list will be prepared, with tie-breaks resolved by SED. The Regional Centres will conduct the subsequent counseling sessions, each forming a Counseling Committee comprising at least two external nursing experts from the same state or region. This comprehensive and region-specific approach ensures a fair and transparent selection process for candidates aspiring to pursue the Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing Programme with IGNOU.
IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing Admission Fee
For admission to the IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing Programme, candidates must submit a demand draft of ₹23,000/- as the first-year admission fee. The demand draft should be made in favor of IGNOU and is payable at the city of the concerned regional centre, which may vary from time to time. This fee structure is an essential component of the admission process.
The admission process is region-wise and strictly merit-based. Eligible candidates are selected based on their performance and merit in the entrance test, and admission is contingent upon verifying the required documents. The reservation policy, by the Government of India rules, will be followed to ensure equitable representation across various categories.
IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing Admission 2024 Counseling
The admission counseling process for the IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing Programme in the January 2023 session follows a region-wise and merit-based framework to ensure a fair and systematic selection of candidates. Merit is determined through a common entrance test conducted by IGNOU, with the Regional Centres (RCs) assuming a central role in the subsequent counseling and admission proceedings. Candidates can choose Programme Study Centres (PSCs) based on their preferences, transcending regional boundaries. The entire application process, including the submission of entrance test forms, occurs through an online portal accessible on the official IGNOU website, with detailed instructions guiding candidates through the process.
The entrance test, a critical component, is conducted by the School of Education (SED), and the same entity processes its results. Following the test, a region-based merit list is meticulously prepared by the SED, addressing any tie-break situations. The counseling phase is then facilitated by the Regional Centres, each forming a Counseling Committee that includes at least two external nursing experts from the same state or region. This committee is crucial in providing personalized guidance, addressing queries, and evaluating candidates comprehensively. The counseling process serves as a direct interaction point, offering candidates insights into the program structure expectations and fostering a transparent and supportive environment. As candidates embark on this academic journey, active engagement with their designated Regional Centres is encouraged for a smooth and well-informed transition into the post-basic B.Sc. Nursing Programme.
Document Required for Counseling
Candidates seeking admission to the Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing Programme at IGNOU must adhere to the document submission requirements during the counseling and admission process. At the time of counseling, candidates are required to present self-attested copies of the following certificates along with the original documents for verification:
- Original admit card for the entrance test.
- Certificate of date of birth (10th class certificate).
- 10+2 pass certificate/10th class certificate as applicable.
- Valid RNRM Registration Certificate (In case of registration from more than one state nursing council, produce all the certificates at the time of admission counseling).
- Experience Certificate/s (On Letter Head of the competent authority with full name, date, and signature with stamp). Experience will be counted after RNRM registration till the last date of receipt of the application form by the University.
- GNM Mark sheet (Overall and mark sheet of all years).
- Certificate from the organization where you are currently working, clearly indicating that you are presently working and in service.
- Category Certificate indicating reservation status for SC/ST/Non-Creamy layer of OBC/PH/Kashmiri Migrant/War Widow/EWS, etc.
- Income certificate in case of Non-Creamy layer of OBC/EWS.
- Two (2) passport-size photographs.
- Photocopy of the application form submitted online.
- Demand draft of ₹23,000/- towards 1st-year admission fees in favor of IGNOU, payable at the city of the concerned regional centre (which can vary from time to time).
IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing 2024 Selection Procedure
The selection process for admission to the IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing Programme for the 2024 session is designed to ensure transparency and fairness. The key steps in the selection procedure are outlined below:
Preparation of Merit List:
A region-wise merit list for the January 2024 session will be compiled based on the marks obtained in the OPENNET – XI (Entrance Test). This merit list will be made available on the IGNOU and regional center websites after the announcement of the results.
- In instances where two or more candidates secure equal marks in the OPENNET – XI (Entrance Test), the inter-se ranking will be determined using the following criteria for tie-break:
- Length of relevant experience: Calculated from the date of registration as RNRM to the last date of the application form receipt. For female candidates with separate RN and RM registrations, experience is counted from the date of RM registration. For males, it is calculated from the date of RN registration up to the last date of application form submission, given the completion of the INC-recognized midwifery course before applying.
- Overall percentage of marks secured in GNM examination: If a tie persists, the aggregate marks of GNM in all three years will be considered for calculating the percentage/merit.
- Date of Birth: If the tie remains unresolved, the date of birth will be considered, with older candidates receiving a higher rank.
- Draw of Lot: If a tie persists after applying the above criteria, the rank will be determined through a draw of lots.
Validity of Certificates:
- OBC certificates of the non-creamy layer should not be more than three years old from the date of issuance until the last date of the application form submission. Income certificates must be provided along with OBC(NC) certificates when required.
Important Points to Note:
- Candidates offered admission must deposit the program fee, and confirmation of admission is contingent upon the verification of original documents.
- The deposited fee is non-refundable and subject to change.
- Students must provide their email ID and mobile phone number in the application form for timely communication. IGNOU will not be responsible for non-receipt of information if contact details are not provided.
This selection procedure ensures a thorough assessment of candidates based on their entrance test performance, relevant experience, academic achievements, and other essential criteria, maintaining integrity and equity throughout the process.
IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing 2024 Seat Allotment
IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing Admission for the year 2024, the seat allotment process is intricately tied to the region-wise merit list. It’s essential to understand that if a candidate opts for a particular Programme Study Centre (PSC) based on their preference and that PSC exhausts its fixed number of seats due to high-ranking candidates, it cannot assert a claim for admission in any other PSC.
The seat allotment is conducted according to the REGION-WISE MERIT LIST, emphasizing the geographical distribution of candidates. Therefore, if a candidate with a relatively higher rank fails to secure admission in their chosen PSC due to limited seats, they cannot seek admission in another PSC where candidates with lower ranks have been allotted seats. The process is designed to uphold the integrity of the merit-based system and is bound by the constraints of fixed seat availability at each PSC.
IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing 2024 Reservation Policy
The IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc Nursing Programme for the year 2024 follows a comprehensive reservation policy by the guidelines set by the Government of India. The University has established provisions for reservation across various categories to ensure equitable access to educational opportunities. The reservation categories include Scheduled Castes (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST), non-creamy layer of Other Backward Classes (OBC), Economically Weaker Sections (EWS) as notified by MHRD vide OM 12-4/019-U1 dated January 2019, War Widows, Kashmiri Migrants, and Physically Handicapped learners.
This reservation policy is particularly applicable to programs with a limited number of seats where admission is determined through a merit list. Candidates falling under these reserved categories are provided with specific quotas to promote inclusivity and diversity in the student body. It is important to note that submitting forged certificates under any category is strictly prohibited and can result in severe consequences, including the cancellation of admission. The University reserves the right to take legal action per Government of India rules against any student who submitted false documentation.
IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing 2024 Regional Centres
IGNOU (Indira Gandhi National Open University) has regional centers across India, providing administrative and academic support to students in their respective regions.
|Regional Centre Name||Address|
|Gulbarga||IGNOU Regional Centre, Jnana Ganga, Kalaburagi University Campus, Gulbarga – 585106|
|Port Blair||IGNOU Regional Centre, Kannada Sangha Building, Near Directorate of Education, Port Blair – 744101|
|Khanna||IGNOU Regional Centre, IET Bhaddal Technical Campus, PO Mianpur, Ropar, Khanna – 141120|
|Gauhati||IGNOU Regional Centre, Ground Floor, House No. 4, Jyoti Nagar, Near NID, Gauhati – 781021|
|Kavaratti||IGNOU Regional Centre, Opposite BTS Building, Kavaratti, Lakshadweep – 682555|
|Leh||IGNOU Regional Centre, Old Ice Factory, Near Radak Guest House, Leh – 194101|
|Aizawl||IGNOU Regional Centre, Tuikhuahtlang, Aizawl – 796001|
|Agartala||IGNOU Regional Centre, College Tilla, Agartala – 799004|
|Surat||IGNOU Regional Centre, 1st Floor, Sumul Dairy Building, Surat – 395004|
|Deoghar||IGNOU Regional Centre, IGNOU Regional Centre, G.T. Road, Near Mahila College, Deoghar – 814112|
|Gulmarg||IGNOU Regional Centre, Lassipora, Pampore, Srinagar – 192121|
|Leh||IGNOU Regional Centre, Old Ice Factory, Near Radak Guest House, Leh – 194101|
|Tezpur||IGNOU Regional Centre, Near State Bank of India, Tezpur University, Napaam, Sonitpur – 784028|
|Visakhapatnam||IGNOU Regional Centre, 8-14-7, Main Road, Near Central Park, Visakhapatnam – 530001|
|Kurnool||IGNOU Regional Centre, Rayalaseema University Campus, Kurnool – 518007|
|Bhubaneswar||IGNOU Regional Centre, 3rd Floor, SRC Building, Bhubaneswar – 751013|
|Warangal||IGNOU Regional Centre, Kakatiya University Campus, Warangal – 506009|
|Itanagar||IGNOU Regional Centre, Vivek Vihar, Itanagar – 791113|
|Korba||IGNOU Regional Centre, Korba, Chhattisgarh|
|Chittorgarh||IGNOU Regional Centre, Chittorgarh, Rajasthan|
|Jalna||IGNOU Regional Centre, Jalna, Maharashtra|
|Bhatinda||IGNOU Regional Centre, Bathinda, Punjab|
|Mathura||IGNOU Regional Centre, Mathura, Uttar Pradesh|
IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing Course Career Scope
The IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing program opens up diverse career opportunities for individuals in the nursing field. Upon successfully completing the program, graduates can explore various avenues within the healthcare sector, both in India and abroad. Here are some potential career scopes for individuals holding a Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing degree:
- Clinical Nursing Roles: Graduates can pursue roles in clinical settings, working as staff nurses, nursing supervisors, or nurse educators. They may be involved in patient care, supervision of nursing staff, and education of nursing students.
- Specialized Nursing: The program equips graduates with knowledge and skills in specialized areas such as pediatric nursing, psychiatric nursing, and community health nursing. They can choose to work in specialized units or clinics.
- Public Health Nursing: Graduates can contribute to community health by working in public health roles. This may involve working with communities to promote health, prevent diseases, and provide healthcare education.
- Nursing Administration: Those interested in healthcare management can pursue roles in nursing administration. This involves overseeing nursing departments, managing budgets, and ensuring the efficient delivery of healthcare services.
- Teaching and Education: Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing graduates can enter the field of nursing education. They can become faculty members in nursing colleges, teaching the next generation of nursing professionals.
- Research Opportunities: Graduates can engage in nursing research, contributing to advancing nursing science and healthcare practices. This may involve working with research institutions or healthcare organizations.
- International Opportunities: The program’s recognition by the Indian Nursing Council (INC) allows graduates to explore job opportunities internationally. Many countries have a demand for skilled and qualified nurses.
- Entrepreneurship: Some graduates may choose to establish their own nursing clinics, consultancy services, or educational institutions, contributing to the growth and development of the healthcare sector.
- Continued Education: The Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing program lays the foundation for further education, such as pursuing a Master’s in Nursing (M.Sc. Nursing) or other specialized certifications, enhancing career prospects.
Job Profiles In IGNOU for Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing
After completing the Post Basic B.Sc Nursing program from IGNOU, graduates can explore various job profiles within the healthcare sector. Here are some common job profiles and roles that Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing graduates can be considered
|Neonatal Nurse||Specializes in providing care to newborn infants, including premature or ill newborns, and works in neonatal intensive care units (NICUs) or maternity wards.|
|Perioperative Nurse||Assists in surgical procedures, coordinating patient care before, during, and after surgery, and collaborating with surgical teams to ensure a safe and efficient operating room environment.|
|Cardiovascular Nurse||Specializes in the care of patients with cardiovascular issues, including those with heart diseases or recovering from cardiac surgeries.|
|Dermatology Nurse||Focuses on dermatological care, treating patients with skin conditions and assisting in procedures related to dermatology.|
|Dialysis Nurse||Cares for patients undergoing dialysis treatment, monitoring vital signs, administering medications, and providing support to individuals with kidney-related conditions.|
|Hospice and Palliative Care Nurse||Offers specialized care to patients with life-limiting illnesses, focusing on symptom management, pain relief, and providing emotional support to patients and their families.|
|Nurse Informaticist||Combines nursing expertise with information technology, contributing to the development and implementation of healthcare information systems to improve patient care and outcomes.|
|Telehealth Nurse||Utilizes technology to provide healthcare services remotely, offering consultations, monitoring patients, and providing health education through telecommunication methods.|
|School Nurse||Works in educational institutions, providing healthcare services to students, conducting health screenings, and promoting health and wellness within the school community.|
|Infectious Disease Nurse||Specializes in the prevention, management, and treatment of infectious diseases, working closely with patients and healthcare teams to control and prevent the spread of infections.|
Top Recruiters in IGNOU for Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing
While IGNOU itself doesn’t directly facilitate recruitment, Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing graduates from IGNOU are sought after by various healthcare institutions, hospitals, and organizations. Here are some top recruiters who often hire nursing professionals, including those with a Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing degree:
|Top Recruiters||Additional Recruiters|
|Government Hospitals and Medical Institutions||Military Hospitals|
|Private Hospitals and Clinics||Diagnostic Centers|
|Research Institutions||Blood Banks|
|Educational Institutions||Rehabilitation Centers|
|Pharmaceutical Companies||Nursing Homes|
|International Healthcare Organizations||Health Insurance Companies|
|Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs)||Occupational Health Centers|
|Corporate Healthcare Providers||Wellness Centers|
|Telehealth and Remote Healthcare Providers||Elder Care Facilities|
|Hospice and Palliative Care Organizations||Mental Health Facilities|
|Dermatology and Cosmetic Clinics||Aesthetic Surgery Centers|
|Cardiac Care Centers||Outpatient Surgery Centers|
|Maternity Hospitals and Birthing Centers||Fertility Clinics|
|Home Healthcare Services||Geriatric Care Services|
|Rehabilitation Centers||Sports Medicine Clinics|
|Palliative Care Organizations||Public Health Departments|
IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing Job Salary
The salary for Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing graduates can vary based on several factors, including the employer, location, level of experience, and specialization. Here is an overview of the potential salary range for Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing jobs in India:
|Job Position||Average Annual Salary Range (INR)|
|Staff Nurse (Hospital)||₹2,50,000 – ₹5,00,000|
|Nursing Supervisor||₹3,00,000 – ₹6,00,000|
|Nurse Educator||₹3,50,000 – ₹7,00,000|
|Clinical Nurse Specialist||₹4,00,000 – ₹8,00,000|
|Nurse Practitioner||₹4,50,000 – ₹9,00,000|
|Nurse Manager||₹5,00,000 – ₹10,00,000|
|Nursing Superintendent||₹6,00,000 – ₹12,00,000|
|Director of Nursing||₹8,00,000 – ₹15,00,000|
IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing Course Skills Required
Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing graduates from IGNOU are equipped with a diverse set of skills that prepare them for various roles in healthcare. Here are some key skills required for individuals pursuing this course:
- Clinical Competence: Ability to provide direct patient care, including assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation.
- Communication Skills: Effective communication with patients, families, and healthcare teams.
- Proficient documentation of patient information.
- Critical Thinking: Analytical and problem-solving abilities in clinical and non-clinical scenarios.
- Decision-making skills based on evidence and best practices.
- Empathy and Compassion: Understanding and responding to the emotional and physical needs of patients with empathy.
- Leadership and Management: Leadership skills for supervisory and managerial roles in nursing.
- Ability to coordinate and manage nursing care teams.
- Patient Education: Educating patients and their families about health conditions, treatment plans, and preventive measures.
- Teamwork: Collaborating with multidisciplinary healthcare teams for comprehensive patient care.
- Ethical Practice: Adhering to ethical standards and legal guidelines in nursing practice.
- Adaptability: Flexibility to adapt to changing healthcare environments and evolving patient needs.
- Cultural Competence: Sensitivity and understanding of diverse cultural backgrounds in patient care.
- Technical Proficiency: Competence in using medical equipment, technology, and healthcare information systems.
- Continuous Learning: Commitment to ongoing professional development and staying updated with advancements in nursing practice.
- Stress Management: Coping with the demands of a healthcare environment and managing stress effectively.
- Advocacy: Advocating for the rights and well-being of patients within the healthcare system.
- Research and Evidence-Based Practice: Ability to incorporate research findings and evidence-based practices into nursing care.
- Time Management: Efficiently managing time and prioritizing tasks in a dynamic healthcare setting.
- Interpersonal Skills: Building positive relationships with patients, families, and colleagues.
- Infection Control: Understanding and implementing measures to prevent and control infections.
These skills collectively contribute to the holistic development of nursing professionals, enabling them to provide high-quality and compassionate care in diverse healthcare settings.
IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing 2024 Contact Information
For detailed and up-to-date information about the IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc Nursing program, including admission procedures, study centers, and regional details, it is recommended to contact the official IGNOU authorities. You can contact the concerned Regional Centre associated with your location for specific queries and assistance.
Address: Indira Gandhi National Open University, Maidan Garhi, New Delhi – 110068
Phone: 020-2567 1867 (Contact Support), 94419 29218 (For General Queries)
IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing 2024 Conclusion
The IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc Nursing program offers a unique opportunity for aspiring nursing professionals to pursue their education through distance learning. With a curriculum designed to meet the standards set by the Indian Nursing Council (INC), the program provides a flexible and accessible platform for individuals to enhance their nursing skills and knowledge. Aspirants should carefully navigate the admission process, adhering to the guidelines outlined by IGNOU. From submitting online examination forms to paying the required fees through secure online modes, candidates must ensure compliance with the stipulated procedures.
The examination pattern, including a detailed syllabus and marking scheme, sets the framework for a comprehensive evaluation. Candidates should familiarize themselves with the exam structure and prepare diligently for the entrance test, ensuring a strong grasp of subjects taught in the General Nursing and Midwifery (GNM) program. The regional distribution of seats, as approved by the INC, adds a dynamic element to the program, allowing candidates to select Program Study Centres (PSCs) based on their preferences and convenience. The selection procedure, based on merit in the entrance test, is followed by a transparent counseling process conducted by Regional Centres. Successful candidates should be prepared to submit the necessary documents for verification during counseling, ensuring a smooth admission process.
For any other queries about IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc Nursing 2024, you can leave your question below in the comment box.
IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing 2024 FAQs
What are the eligibility criteria for the IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing program?
Eligibility includes being a Registered Nurse (RN) and Registered Midwife (RM) with any State Nursing Registration Council, along with 10+2 and three years of nursing experience.
How can I download the Admit Card for the IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing entrance exam?
Log in to the official IGNOU website, locate the admit card download link, and download/print the admit card.
What is the official website for IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing?
The official website is www.ignou.ac.in.
How do I apply for IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing?
Register on the IGNOU website, fill out the online application form, pay the required fees, and submit the form online.
How many questions are there in the IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing entrance exam?
The entrance test comprises 120 multiple-choice questions.
What type of questions are asked in the IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing entrance exam?
Multiple-choice questions (MCQs) in sections A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H.
What is the last date for IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing admission?
The last date for IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing admission will be available soon.
How should I prepare for the IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing entrance exam?
Review the syllabus, use IGNOU’s study materials, practice with sample papers, and follow a study schedule.
What is the duration of the Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing program at IGNOU?
The minimum duration is three years, with a maximum of six years.
Is there an entrance exam for the IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing program?
Yes, IGNOU conducts an entrance test for admission to the Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing program.
I’m Manisha Das, passionate about educational news and sharing insights on teaching exams. My passion for education news is fueled by my love for creating new things and exploring new ideas. With my dedication and passion for teaching exams, I am committed to providing accurate and informative updates for the Entrance Exam. Join me in discovering the latest developments and exploring the dynamic world of education!