Latest Applications Open 2024:
NATA 2024 Examination will be Conducted (Two Times a year) for Candidates. The National Aptitude Test in Architecture is a national-level examination for admission to undergraduate courses in Architecture. This test measures the aptitude of the candidate for the field of architecture.
There are Eligibility criteria for the National Aptitude Test in Architecture [NATA]. For admission in NATA, candidates need a pass with 10+2 or equivalent and appear with Mathematics as one of the subjects of the examination. Pass with 10+3 Diploma (any stream) passed/appearing recognized by Central/State Govt with Mathematics as one of the subjects of the examination.
NATA Exam determines the designation of the exam through COA (Council of Architecture). The NATA Exam is distributed into a section of papers, including paper one and paper 2. This exam is going to have 62 questions by reckoning, which will be organized through the offline medium. The exam continues for 90 minutes.
Changes from the Year 2024
- The examination will be conducted (two times a year) for Candidates. In mid-April and again in the first week of July 2024.
- For exam duration, 60 minutes will be provided for the aptitude section, and 135 minutes will be given for the drawing section.
- National-level centralized counselling may be conducted for admission to architecture courses.
- Arts stream candidates are also eligible to apply for NATA 2024 if they qualify for Mathematics, physics, and Chemistry as Additional Exams Conducted by the CBSE board.
NATA 2024 Exam Pattern
NATA 2024 Exam will be organized through offline mode and in written form.
The question paper of the exam is comprised of the following sections.
Latest Applications For Various UG & PG Courses Open 2024
- Parul University | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- UPES Dehradun | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- Chandigarh University | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- LPU 2024 | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- IIAD, Delhi | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- GIBS, Bangalore | PGDM Applications Open. Package upto 15.5 LPA. Apply Now
- GNIOT, Greater Noida | Admissions Open for All Courses 2023. Apply Now
- Narayana Business School | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- The Design Village | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- IMS Ghaziabad UC Campus | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- KIIT School of Management | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- KSRM | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- Paper 1– General Aptitude & Mathematics and
- Paper 2– NATA Drawing.
There are two drawing Questions: General Aptitude and Mathematics. The NATA exam will be comprised of 200 marks. The exam consists of two papers: paper one features questions on General Aptitude and Mathematics, and paper 2 comprises Drawing.
These two papers are attempted in one day. There will be a total of 62 questions in the NATA 2024 Exam. There will be MCQs designed by OMR in Mathematics and General Aptitude covering 90 minutes.
Mathematics and General Aptitude Test Guidelines
- Paper 1 includes 60 questions, and for each question, two marks will be allotted.
- Each question has one correct answer, and for every true answer, s will get the candidates two marks.
- Another fact is there is not any prospect of mark deduction, and the only consequence for giving the wrong answer is the tie.
- So, the students need to be cautious when they are filling the circle given in the answer sheet.
- Besides, the students are only allowed to answer the questions with a blue or black pen. If you use other types of pen instead of using the mentioned pen, then your answer sheet will become invalid.
Drawing Test Guidelines
- Paper 2 includes the 80 marks with two marks questions given for 40 scores. So, the students must answer both questions.
- The most important thing to be considered is there will be two questions that must be hit in the drawing section within 135 minutes.
- It can’t be said that there will only be one examiner for checking the paper. It can be more than one in number.
- The average of the given marks will become the total marks.
- Through the question paper, students’ sense of proportion, thinking, colour, and composition are estimated.
NATA 2024 Section-wise Pattern
In the table given below, we have provided the section-wise pattern & marking scheme for NATA 2024
|Subject||Distribution of Marks||Total Marks|
Mathematics (15 M.C.Q)
General Aptitude (35 M.C.Q)
Drawing (3 questions)
|Total of 200|
There will be given 90 minutes for two questions in the Drawing Test section. The OMR MCQs answer sheet consists of 90 minutes.
The students will be required to answer the details on the answer sheet, the drawing sheet, and the attendance sheet in the middle of the Exam, and each question is set in the English language.
There are three Examinations in NATA 2024 as given below:-
- General Aptitude
In Mathematics, there are 20 questions, and each question is for two marks, a total mark of 40, and General Aptitude. There are 40 questions for two marks, a total of 8 and Drawing. There are two questions. Each question is for 40 marks, a total mark of 80.
Only one option is correct, and the correct response will be 2 (two) marks. There is no negative marking, but wrong answers will be penalized in case of tie-breaking; answers to both parts must be provided on the same OMR sheet, which is a specially designed machine-readable response sheet.
Answers are to be marked circles using a blue or black ball pen only on the OMR answer sheet.
The candidate has to attempt two questions within 90 minutes. The drawing aptitude is judged in the following way:-
- Ability to sketch a given object proportionately and render the same in a visually appealing manner.
- The sense of perspective drawing
- Visualizing and drawing the effects of light on the object and shadows cast on surroundings.
- Understanding of scale and proportions
- Combining and composing given three-dimensional elements to form a building or structural form.
- Creating visual harmony using colours in a given composition
- Creating interesting two-dimensional compositions using given shapes and forms.
- I am drawing from memory through pencil sketches on themes from day-to-day experiences.
The answer to each question in the drawing paper will be examined by more than one examiner independently, and the marks are to be averaged.
The primary emphasis in scoring the drawing section is on the candidate’s drawing, imagination, and observation skills. The candidate’s sense of proportion and perspective are also evaluated together with the sense of colour and composition.
If you have any queries regarding the NATA 2024 Exam Pattern, you can ask your query and leave comments below.
As a dedicated Biology Science graduate, I’m passionate about sharing the latest updates in national and state entrance exams through my blog. I aim to keep aspiring students informed about exam trends, important dates, and changes in syllabi. With a keen interest in education, I strive to offer valuable insights for students navigating the competitive landscape of entrance examinations and admission tests. Stay updated with me.