Latest Applications Open 2023:
The Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (IIST) is the deemed university located at Valiamala, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala, to provide the education and research of space science to the candidates. It is the first university in Asia to be solely dedicated to the study and research of Outer space.
The IIST provides various programmes such as B.Tech/Dual degree programme (B.Tech + M.S./M.Tech) and M.Tech/M.S programme for candidates. The candidates will be selected for the post-graduate interview in a final admission round. The aspirants can get admission to IIST based on their JEE Advanced Result.
Through this article, the applicants will learn the complete information about IIST, including the IIST Syllabus, Courses, etc.
IIST 2023 Syllabus
The IIST provides three syllabi for candidates: Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry, etc. Those candidates who have registered in the IIST to get admission have to pick the syllabus to complete their B.Tech Courses.
IIST Mathematics Syllabus
- Sets, Relations, and Functions.
- Complex Numbers and Quadratic Equations.
- Matrices and Determinants.
- Permutations and Combinations.
- Mathematical Induction.
- Binomial Theorem.
- Sequences and Series.
- Limit, Continuity, and Differentiability.
- Integral Calculus.
- Differential Equations.
- Coordinate Geometry.
- Three-Dimensional Geometry.
- Vector Algebra.
- Statistics and Probability.
- Mathematical Reasoning.
- Physics and Measurement.
IIST Physics Syllabus
- Laws of Motion.
- Work, Energy, and Power.
- Rotational Motion.
- Properties of Solids and Liquids.
- Kinetic Theory of Gases.
- Oscillations and Waves.
- Current Electricity.
- Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism.
- Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents.
- Electromagnetic Waves.
- Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation.
- Atoms and Nuclei.
- Electronic Devices.
- Communication Systems.
- SECTION-B – Experimental Skills.
IIIST Chemistry Syllabus
- Some Basic Concepts in Chemistry.
- The States of Matter.
- Atomic Structure.
- Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure.
- Chemical Thermodynamics.
- Redox Reactions and Electrochemistry.
- Chemical Kinetics.
- Surface Chemistry.
Latest Applications For Various UG & PG Courses Open 2023
- Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties.
- General Principles and Process of Isolation of Metals.
- S – Block Elements (Alkali and Alkaline Earth Metals).
- P – Block Elements (Group 13 to Group 18 Elements).
- d – and f – Block Elements.
- Coordination Compounds.
- Environmental Chemistry.
- Purification and Characterisation of Organic Compounds.
- Some Basic Principles of Organic Chemistry.
- Organic Compounds Containing Halogens.
- Organic Compounds Containing Oxygen.
- Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen.
- Chemistry in Everyday Life.
- Principles Related to Practical Chemistry.
Reference Books for IIST
Book for Chemistry
- NCERT Chemistry XI & XII
- Chemistry Principles & Applications by Sienko & Plane
- The concept of Organic Chemistry by M. S. Chauhan
- Concise Inorganic Chemistry by J.D. Lee
- General Chemistry by Ebbing
- Numerical Chemistry by R.C. Mukherjee
- Organic Chemistry by Arihant Prakashan
- Organic Chemistry by Francis Carey
- Organic Chemistry by Paula Bruice Yurkanis
- Organic Chemistry by R.T. Morrison, R.N. Boyd
- Physical Chemistry by P. Bahadur
- Inorganic Chemistry by O.P. Tandon
- University Chemistry by Bruce H. Mahan
Books for Physics
- NCERT Physics XI & XII
- Advanced Level Physics by Nelson and Parker
- Aptitude Test Problems in Physics by S.S Krotov
- Concepts of Physics Vol I and II by H.C. Verma
- Dynamics of a Particle & Rigid Bodies by S.L. Loney
- Fundamentals of Physics by Halliday, Resnick & Walker
- Physics Problems w/solutions by Chen, Min
- The Problem in Physics by V.Zubov & V.Shalnov
- Problems in General Physics by, I.E. Irodov
- Problems in Physics by A.A Pinsky
Books for Mathematics
- Maths XI & XII by R. S. Agarwal
- Maths XI & XII by R.D. Sharma
- Algebra by Arihant
- Algebra Made Easy by K.P. Basu
- Calculus by J. Edward
- Coordinate Geometry by S.L. Loni
- Differential Calculus by Arihant
- Higher Algebra by Hall Knight
- Integral Calculus by Arihant
- Introduction Probability & Its Applications by W. Feller
- Problems in Calculus of One Variable by I.A. Maron
- Plane Coordinate Geometry by S. L. Loni
- Trigonometry by S. L. Loney
- Vector and 3D Geometry by Arihant Prakashan
You can ask in the comments section below for any queries related to IIST 2023 Syllabus.