Latest Applications Open 2023:
INI SS 2024 Application Form will be released in September 2023. The INI SS 2024 Exam Date has been announced for the January session. The January Session Exam will be held on 22nd October 2023. The exam is for students pursuing DM/M.Ch./MD Hospital Administration courses in prestigious medical institutions like AIIMS, JIPMER, NIMHANS, PGIMER, SCTIMST, etc. The exam is at a national level, and AIIMS conducts it. If you want to apply, the application form will be available online in August or September 2023. The exam takes place twice a year, in January and July. To be eligible, you need to meet certain requirements. The test will cover various subjects. So, if you want to join these medical courses, keep an eye on the application dates and prepare well for the exam.
The test to get into specialized medical courses like DM, M.Ch., and MD Hospital Administration at top institutes like AIIMS-New Delhi, new AIIMS, JIPMER-Puducherry, PGIMER-Chandigarh, NIMHANS-Bengaluru, and Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences & Technology- Thiruvananthapuram happens two times every year, once for the January session and once for the July session. This test is called the Institute of National Importance Super-Specialty Entrance Test (INI-SS).
This information contains the INI-SS exam for the January & July 2024 sessions. It includes details about who can apply for the exam, where it will take place, how much the application fee is, how to apply, what the exam will cover, and how seats will be allocated. To stay updated, candidates should regularly check the websites www.aiimsexams.ac.in and the websites of the respective INIs.
INI SS 2024 Notification – Exam Dates Announced
INI SS 2024 Latest News and Updates
The All India Institute Of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) has released the tentative exam dates for the Institute of National Importance Super Speciality (INI SS) entrance test for both January and July sessions in 2024.
Latest Applications For Various UG & PG Courses Open 2023
For the January session, the application process will begin in September 2023, and the last date for registration is expected to be in the third week of October 2023. Candidates are advised to check their application status and submit all required documents by the third week of October 2023. The exam is scheduled for 22nd October 2023, and the results will be announced on 26th October 2023. Further assessments, merit lists, and counselling are scheduled in November and December 2023.
For the July session, the online registration is expected to start in the fourth week of March 2024, and the registration process will close in the first week of April 2024. Applicants can check their application status and submit documents by the second week of April 2024. The exam is tentatively scheduled for the fourth week of April 2024, and the results are expected in the first week of May 2024. The final result will be declared in the fourth week of May 2024.
What is INI SS?
INI-SS stands for “Institute of National Importance Super-Specialty Entrance Test.” It is a common entrance test conducted for admission into specialised medical courses at prestigious institutes of national importance in India. These institutes include AIIMS-New Delhi, new AIIMS, JIPMER-Puducherry, PGIMER-Chandigarh, NIMHANS-Bengaluru, and Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences & Technology-Thiruvananthapuram.
INI-SS is held twice yearly for the respective sessions in January and July. The exam assesses the eligibility of candidates to pursue advanced medical courses such as DM (Doctorate of Medicine), M.Ch. (Master of Chirurgiae), And MD Hospital Administration. These courses are designed to provide specialised knowledge and training in various medical fields.
The exam covers various aspects, including eligibility criteria, examination cities, application fees, the application process, exam pattern, and the seat allocation method. Candidates interested in appearing for INI-SS must watch the official website of AIIMS-New Delhi (www.aiimsexams.ac.in) and the respective INI’s websites for the latest updates and notifications related to the examination. INI-SS is a highly competitive and crucial examination for medical aspirants seeking advanced field specialisation.
INI SS 2024 Important Dates
The All India Institute Of Medical Sciences has declared the exam date for INI SS. Here are the important dates you need to remember for the Institute of National Importance Super Speciality exam. But remember to keep visiting aiimsexams.ac.in to stay updated in case there are any changes in the schedule.
For January Session Dates
|Events||Dates 2024 (Tentative)|
|Application Form starts||September 2023|
|Registration ends on||3rd week of October 2023|
|Application status||3rd week of October 2023|
|Last date to submit documents||3rd week of October 2023|
|Admit card||October 2023|
|Exam Date||22nd October 2023|
|Result (for all INIs)||26th October 2023|
|Result Stage 1 (for AIIMS candidates only)||2nd week of November 2023|
|Departmental Assessment (only for AIIMS candidates)||6th. 7th & 8th November 2023|
|Merit list for seat allocation||15th November 2023|
|Counselling||2nd week of December 2023|
For July Session Dates
|Online registration starts||4th week of March 2024|
|Registration ends on||1st week of April 2024|
|Application status uploaded||2nd week of April 2024|
|Submission of documents||2nd week of April 2024|
|Availability of Admit card||3rd week of April 2024|
|Exam Date||4th week of April 2024|
|Result (for all INIs)||1st week of May 2024|
|Result Stage 1 (for AIIMS applicants only)||2nd week of May 2024|
|Departmental Assessment (only for AIIMS applicants)||2nd week of May 2024|
|Final Result declaration||4th week of May 2024|
INI SS 2024 Notification
In Institutes of National Importance, the main goal is to offer advanced education and training to teachers for medical colleges in the country and promote research and development. Postgraduate and Post-Doctoral students get the chance to learn new teaching methods and actively participate in teaching activities.
These institutes aim to provide top-notch educational facilities for training personnel in various health fields and become self-sufficient in postgraduate medical education. The ultimate objective of INI-SS is to conduct a common entrance test that creates a merit list based on evaluation criteria and admission requirements for super speciality courses at different Institutes of National Importance. Each candidate is then allocated a single seat based on their overall merit and the synchronised allocation of seats.
The All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) will conduct the INI-SS entrance test for the July session in April 2024. This test is held twice a year, in January and July, and is done online for admission to 365 DM, 231 M.Ch., and 29 MD (Hospital Administration) seats. The authority recently announced the Exam Date for the INI SS January Session. The Examination will be held on 22nd October 2023.
INI SS 2024 Highlights
INI SS 2024 is a prestigious entrance exam known as the Institute of National Importance Super Specialty Entrance Test. It allows aspiring medical professionals to secure admission to various super-speciality courses in India’s renowned institutes.
|Exam Name||INI SS 2024|
|Full form||Institute of National Super Specialty – INI SS|
|Level of exam||National level|
|Courses offered||DM/ M.Ch./ MD Hospital Administration|
|Conducted authority||All India of Medical Sciences (AIIMS)|
|Application mode||Online mode|
|Exam mode||Online CBT mode|
|Full Exam Name||Institute of National Importance Super Specialty Entrance Test|
|Short Exam Name||INI SS|
|Conducting Body||AIIMS New Delhi|
|Frequency of Conduct||2 times a year|
|Exam Level||National Level Exam|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Application Fee (General)||4000 Rs [Online]|
|Number of Seats||625 Seats|
INI SS 2024 Courses Offered
DM (Doctor of Medicine): DM courses are like super-advanced studies for doctors after regular medical studies. They focus on specific medical fields, helping doctors become experts.
M.Ch. (Master of Chirurgiae): M.Ch. Courses are for doctors who want to become highly skilled surgeons. These programs provide specialised training in specific surgical areas, making them experts in performing complex surgeries.
MD (Hospital Administration): MD in Hospital Administration is for medical professionals who want to become leaders in managing healthcare institutions. They learn the skills and knowledge needed to run hospitals and healthcare centres efficiently.
INI SS 2024 Application Form
The INI SS 2024 application process allows candidates to apply for the Institute of National Importance Super Speciality entrance test. This test is conducted twice a year for the January and July sessions. Candidates must complete the online application form with their personal, academic, and contact details. The application form will be available during specific periods for each session, and candidates must apply within the given timeframe.
- INI SS 2024 Application Form for the January session will be available from the fourth week of September to the third week of October 2023.
- For the July session, the application form will be released in the fourth week of March and available till the first week of April 2024.
- Candidates must fill out the application form with the correct details and upload a scanned passport size photograph and signature in the prescribed format.
- The application form can be accessed online on the official website.
- Candidates must check the eligibility criteria provided by AIIMS New Delhi before applying for the exam.
- Corrections can be made to the application form during the designated correction period.
- After successfully submitting the application form, candidates can download their INI SS 2024 admit card for the exam.
How to Fill INI SS Application Form
- All information and processes related to INI-SS will be conducted online.
- The online portal for INI-SS can be accessed through the website www.aiimsexams.ac.in.
- Visit the website mentioned above (www.aiimsexams.ac.in).
- Click on the “Academic Courses” link.
- To access the INI-SS portal, applicants must click the “Academic Course Tab” on the website.
- Then, they should click the “INI-SS” option to access the relevant information and resources.
- Provide basic details like name, date of birth, address, gender, etc., and select the desired course.
- After registration, candidates will receive login credentials through SMS and email.
- Use the login credentials to log in and change the password during the first login.
- Enter academic details, including undergraduate examination, internship, qualifying exam, and medical registration.
- Upload scanned images of photograph, signature, and thumbprint per the specified format and size.
- Pay the application fee online using a Credit card, Debit card, or Net Banking.
- Finally, take a printout of the filled application form for future reference.
- Applicants are advised to visit the website regularly to stay updated with the latest information regarding INI-SS.
- The online portal will provide all the details about the entrance test, application process, eligibility criteria, exam dates, and more.
- Keeping track of the website is essential to get all important updates or changes related to the INI-SS exam.
- Please note that all the steps for the application process can be completed through the online portal, and candidates should follow the instructions carefully to successfully apply for the INI-SS exam.
Remember, applying on time and providing accurate information is essential to participate in the INI SS 2024 entrance test. Keep an eye on notifications from AIIMS for updates and important dates related to the application process.
INI SS 2024 Application Fees
The INI SS 2024 application fee can be paid online. Candidates can use Credit card, Debit card, or Net Banking for the transaction. Once the fee is paid, it is non-refundable, so applicants should proceed with payment only after confirming their eligibility and completing the application process.
|Description||Amount||PWBD (Persons with Benchmark Disabilities)|
|Application Fee||Rs. 4250/-||Exempted|
- The applicants can pay the prescribed application fee using a DEBIT CARD, CREDIT CARD, or net banking.
- Transaction/Processing fee, if applicable, will be paid by the applicant to the respective bank or payment gateway.
- The application fees, once paid, will not be refunded under any circumstances.
- In case of multiple payments for a single application form, the excess payments will be refunded to the applicants after verification and completion of the examination process.
- Applications must have the prescribed fee to be accepted or summarily rejected.
The required documents are essential records or papers applicants must provide for their application process. These documents serve as evidence of eligibility, identity, and qualifications and are crucial for completing the application.
- Personal Details: Candidates must provide their personal information, including name, date of birth, gender, nationality, and contact details.
- Academic Records: Applicants must submit details of their educational qualifications, including undergraduate examination, internship, qualifying exam, and medical registration details.
- Passport Size Photograph: A scanned copy of a recent passport-sized photograph in the prescribed format and size should be uploaded.
- Signature: Candidates must upload a scanned signature image in the specified format and size.
- Thumbprint: Applicants may be required to upload a scanned copy of their thumbprint per the specified format and size.
- Valid ID Proof: A valid government-issued ID proof, such as an Aadhar card, passport, or driver’s license, must be submitted.
- PWBD Certificate (if applicable): Persons with Benchmark Disabilities (PWBD) must provide a valid certificate issued by the appropriate authority.
- Fee Payment Proof: Candidates should keep a copy of the payment confirmation or transaction details as proof of fee payment.
Please ensure that all the required documents are scanned and uploaded in the correct format and size specified by the conducting authority. Missing or incorrect documents may lead to the rejection of the application.
INI SS 2024 Application Correction
Applicants can change uploaded images, qualifying exam details, personal information, etc. However, these corrections can only be made within the specified timeframe. It is recommended that candidates carefully review the prospectus, understand the guidelines, and complete the application form accordingly.
Admit cards are issued only to candidates whose application forms and uploaded images meet all the requirements. Corrections can be carried out through the applicant’s login portal. After correcting, candidates can also verify their application status to ensure accuracy.
INI SS 2024 Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for the INI SS 2024 exam, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Possess an MBBS degree or an equivalent qualification approved by the NMC.
- Have at least three years of experience in a Government Hospital in the relevant field or five years in general practice. A certificate from the District Magistrate is required to verify general practice experience.
- Candidates from UR/OBC/EWS/Sponsored categories should have secured at least 55% aggregate marks in all MBBS Professional Examinations. SC/ST candidates need a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in MBBS professional exams.
- Must be registered with the Central/State Medical Registration Council.
- For Indian National candidates who graduated from foreign Universities, they should provide their NMC screening exam marks as a percentage in the online form. Marks obtained in the FMGE exam conducted by NBE or any other authorised body of the Indian Government, Delhi, should meet the specified criteria.
here to check Age Limits for Various INIs, Check Below table-
|Institute||Upper Age Limit||Born On or After|
|AIIMS New Delhi & Other AIIMS||35 years||01.07.1988|
|PGIMER Chandigarh||45 years||01.07.1978|
|NIMHANS Bengaluru||37 years||01.07.1986|
|SCTIMST Thiruvananthapuram||40 years||01.07.1983|
|JIPMER Puducherry||No Upper Limit||N/A|
- OBC Candidates: Up to 3 years of relaxation in the upper age limit.
- SC/ST Candidates: Up to 5 years of relaxation in the upper age limit.
- Ex-Servicemen and Commissioned Officers: Up to 5 years of relaxation.
- Sponsored Candidates: Upper age limit not applicable.
- Persons with Benchmark Disabilities (PWBD): 5 years of upper age relaxation as per Disability Act, 2016.
- NIMHANS Bengaluru: Upper age limit of 37 years for all categories (UR, OBC, EWS, SC, ST & PWBD).
Please note that the upper age limit is determined as of July 1, 2024, and candidates must be born on or after the specified dates to be eligible.
For DM courses: To apply, candidates should hold an MD/ DNB degree from a recognised university approved by the National Medical Commission (NMC).
For M.Ch. Course: Those interested should have a bachelor’s degree in MD/MS in the relevant field or an equivalent qualification from a recognised university sanctioned by the Medical Council of India (MCI).
For MCh Courses Required Qualification
|S.No.||Institute Name||Required Qualification|
|DM-CARDIOLOGY||AIIMS||M.D/DNB in Medicine/Paediatrics of this Institute or any other University or equivalent degree recognized by the NMC|
|JIPMER||M.D/ DNB Degree in General Medicine / Pediatrics/ Pulmonary Medicine recognized by the NMC.|
|DM-ENDOCRINOLOGY||AIIMS||M.D./ DNB Degree in Medicine/Paediatrics of this Institute or any other University or equivalent degree recognised by the NMC|
|DM-NEPHROLOGY||AIIMS||M.D/DNB in Medicine/Paediatrics of this Institute or any other University or equivalent degree recognized by the NMC|
|DM-NEUROLOGY||AIIMS||M.D. in Medicine/Paediatrics of this Institute or any other University or equivalent degree recognized by the NMC|
|DM-MEDICAL ONCOLOGY||AIIMS||M.D/DNB in Medicine/Paediatrics of this Institute or any other University or equivalent degree recognized by the NMC|
|JIPMER||M.D. / DNB Degree in Medicine / Pediatrics /Radiotherapy recognized by the Medical Council of India.|
|DM-CLINICAL HEMATOLOGY||AIIMS||M.D/ DNB in Medicine/Paediatrics of this Institute or any other University or equivalent degree recognized by the NMC|
|PGIMER||MD Medicine or equivalent|
|DM-GASTROENTEROLOGY/MEDICAL GASTROENTEROLOGY*||AIIMS||M.D/ DNB in Medicine of this Institute or any other University or equivalent degree recognized by the NMC|
|JIPMER*||M.D. / DNB Degree in General Medicine / Pediatrics recognized by the Medical Council of India.|
|PGIMER||MD Medicine or equivalent|
|DM-PULMONARY CRITICAL CARE & SLEEP MEDICINE||AIIMS||M.D in Medicine/MD Pulmonary Medicine/MD Chest Medicine/MD Respiratory Medicine of this Institute or any other University or equivalent degree recognised by the NMC|
|PGIMER||MD Medicine/Tuberculosis &Chest/Respiratory Diseases/Thoracic Medicine/ Pulmonary Medicine or equivalent MD Paediatrics or equivalent|
|DM-HEMATOPATHOLOGY||AIIMS||M.D in Pathology/Lab. Medicine of this Institute or any other University or equivalent degree recognised by the NMC|
|PGIMER||MD Pathology or equivalent|
|DM-NEUROIMAGING AND INTERVENTIONAL NEURORADIOLOGY/ NEUROIMAGING AND INTERVENTIONS*||AIIMS||M.D./ DNB Degree in Radio diagnosis of this Institute or any other University or equivalent degree recognized by the NMC|
|DM-CARDIAC-ANAESTHESIOLOGY/DM-CARDIOTHORACIC & VASCULAR ANESTHESIA*||AIIMS||M.D/ DNB in Anaesthesiology of this Institute or any other University or equivalent degree recognized by the NMC|
|DM-NEURO-ANAESTHESIOLOGY & CRITICAL CARE/DM-NEURO ANAESTHESIA*||AIIMS||M.D/ DNB in Anaesthesiology of this Institute or any other University or equivalent degree recognized by the NMC|
|DM-ONCO-ANAESTHESIA||AIIMS||M.D/ DNB in Anaesthesiology of this Institute or any other University or equivalent degree recognized by the NMC|
|DM-PAEDIATRIC NEUROLOGY||AIIMS||M.D/ DNB in Paediatrics of this Institute or any other University or equivalent degree recognized by the NMC|
|DM-NEONATOLOGY||AIIMS||M.D./ DNB Degree in Paediatrics of this Institute or any other University or equivalent degree recognized by the NMC|
|DM-PAEDIATRIC ONCOLOGY||AIIMS||M.D.in Paediatrics of this Institute or any other University or equivalent degree recognized by the NMC|
|DM-PAEDIATRIC CARDIOLOGY||AIIMS||M.D.in Paediatrics of this Institute or any other University or equivalent degree recognized by the NMC|
|DM-PAEDIATRIC NEPHROLOGY||AIIMS||M.D.in Paediatrics of this Institute or any other University or equivalent degree recognized by the NMC|
|DM-PAEDIATRIC PULMONOLOGY & INTENSIVE CARE||AIIMS|
|DM-CLINICAL PHARMACOLOGY||AIIMS||M.D.in Medicine/Pharmacology/Paediatrics of this Institute or any other University or equivalent degree recognized by the NMC|
MD Pharmacology or equivalent
|DM-CRITICAL CARE MEDICINE/CRITICAL CARE*||AIIMS||M.D. in Anaesthesiology/Medicine/Chest Medicine of this Institute or any other University or equivalent degree recognized by the NMC|
|JIPMER*||M.D. in Anaesthesiology/ General Medicine/Pulmonary Medicine of this Institute or any other University or equivalent degree recognized by the NMC|
|DM-INFECTIOUS DISEASES||AIIMS||M.D. in Medicine/Paediatrics/Microbiology/Tropical Medicine of this Institute or any other University or equivalent degree recognized by the NMC|
|DM-THERAPEUTIC NUCLEAR MEDICINE||AIIMS||M.D in Nuclear Medicine of this Institute or any other University or equivalent degree recognized by the NMC|
|DM-CARDIOVASCULAR RADIOLOGY & ENDOVASCULAR INTERVENTIONS/DMCARDIOVASCULAR IMAGING AND VASCULAR INTERVENTIONAL RADIOLOGY*||AIIMS||M.D in Radio-Diagnosis of this Institute or any other University or equivalent degree recognized by the NMC|
|DM-MEDICAL GENETICS||AIIMS||MD in Paediatrics/Medicine/Obstetrics and Gynaecology of this Institute or any other University or equivalent degree recognized by the NMC|
|PGIMER||MD Paediatrics or equivalent|
|DM-CARDIAC SURGICAL INTENSIVE CARE||AIIMS||MD in Anaesthesia/Paediatrics/Medicine of this Institute or any other University or equivalent degree recognized by the NMC|
|DM-REPRODUCTIVE MEDICINE||AIIMS||MD/MS in Obstetrics and Gynaecology of this Institute or any other University or equivalent degree recognized by the NMC|
|DM-CHILD AND ADOLESCENT PSYCHIATRY||PGIMER||MD Psychiatry or equivalent|
|DM-CLINICAL IMMUNOLOGY & RHEUMATOLOGY||PGIMER||MD Medicine or equivalent|
|JIPMER||MD/DNB Degree in General Medicine/Paediatrics of this Institute or any other Institute/University by NMC|
|DM-PAEDIATRIC GASTROENTEROLOGY||PGIMER||MD Paediatrics or equivalent|
|DM-HEPATOLOGY||PGIMER||MD Medicine/Paediatrics or equivalent|
|DM-HISTOPATHOLOGY||PGIMER||MD Pathology or equivalent|
|DM-PAEDIATRIC CLINICAL IMMUNOLOGY AND RHEUMATOLOGY||PGIMER||MD Paediatrics or equivalent|
|DM-PAEDIATRICS CRITICAL CARE||JIPMER||MD / DNB Degree in Pediatrics or equivalent|
|DM-PAEDIATRIC HAEMATOLOGY-ONCOLOGY||PGIMER||MD Pediatrics or equivalent|
|DM-PAEDIATRIC ENDOCRINOLOGY||PGIMER||MD Pediatrics or equivalent|
|DM-TRAUMA ANAESTHESIA & ACUTE CARE||PGIMER||MD Anaesthesia or equivalent|
|DM-PAEDIATRIC ANAESTHESIA & INTENSIVE CARE||PGIMER||MD Anaesthesia or equivalent|
|DM-INTENSIVE CARE||PGIMER||MD Anaesthesia/Internal Medicine or equivalent|
|DM- ACUTE CARE-EMERGENCY MEDICINE||PGIMER||MD Internal Medicine/General Medicine/ Emergency Medicine or Equivalent|
For MCh Courses Required Qualification
|S.No.||Institute Name||Required Qualification|
|M.Ch-BREAST, ENDOCRINE AND GENERAL SURGERY(MS0806301)||AIIMS||M.S. degree in Surgery of this Institute or any other University or any other equivalent degree recognised by the MCI|
|M.Ch.- C.T.V.S/CVTS*(MS0801001)||AIIMS||M.S. degree in Surgery of this Institute or any other University or any other equivalent degree recognised by the MCI|
|M.Ch-G.I. SURGERY/SURGICAL GASTROENTEROLOGY*(MS0802301)||AIIMS||M.S. degree in Surgery of this Institute or any other University or any other equivalent degree recognized by the MCI|
|M.Ch-GYNAECOLOGIC ONCOLOGY(MS0804402)||AIIMS||MD/MS in Obstetrics & Gynaecology of this Institute or any other University or equivalent degree recognized by MCI|
|M.Ch-HEAD-NECK SURGERY AND ONCOLOGY HEAD & NECK SURGERY*(MS0804801)*||AIIMS||M.S degree in Surgery/ENT of this Institute or any other University or any other equivalent degree recognized by the MCI|
|M.Ch-MINIMAL ACCESS SURGERY & GENERAL SURGERY(MS0806302)||AIIMS||M.S. degree in Surgery of this Institute or any other University or any other equivalent degree recognized by the MCI|
|M.Ch-NEURO-SURGERY(MS0803601)||AIIMS||M.S. degree in Surgery of this Institute or any other University or any other equivalent degree recognized by the MCI|
|M.Ch-PLASTIC AND RECONSTRUCTIVE SURGERY/PLASTIC SURGERY(MS0805501)||AIIMS||M.S degree in Surgery/ENT/Orthopaedics of this Institute or any other University or any other equivalent degree recognized by the MCI|
|M.Ch-SURGICAL ONCOLOGY(MS0806401)||AIIMS||M.S degree in Surgery/ENT of this Institute or any other University or any other equivalent degree recognized by the MCI|
|JIPMER||M.S./ DNB Degree in General Surgery / Obstetrics & Gynaecology / Otolaryngology (E.N.T) / Orthopaedics Surgery recognized by the Medical Council of India.|
|M.Ch-TRAUMA SURGERY AND CRITICAL CARE(MS0806701)||AIIMS||M.S degree in Surgery/Trauma and Emergency Surgery of this Institute or any other University or any other equivalent degree recognised by the MCI|
For MD Hospital Administration
To be eligible for admission, candidates need to meet specific requirements and qualifications.
- Possess an MBBS degree or equivalent, as recognised by the National Medical Commission (NMC).
- Have at least three years of experience in a Government Hospital or five years of general practice experience in the relevant field. If claiming general practice, a certificate from the District Magistrate supporting the claim should be uploaded.
- For UR/OBC/EWS/Sponsored candidates, a minimum of 55% aggregate marks in all MBBS Professional Examinations is required.
- For SC/ST candidates, a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in all MBBS professional exams is necessary.
- Must be registered with the Central/State Medical Registration Council.
- Candidates with an MD/MS or equivalent degree are not eligible for this course.
- For Indian Nationals who have graduated from foreign universities, marks obtained in the NMC screening exam (FMGE) must be provided in percentage format in the online form. The FMGE marks should align with the specified criteria mentioned above.
Candidates must have finished their necessary qualifications, degrees, and required experience by July 31, 2024. If a candidate is expected to complete these requirements after this date, they will not be allowed to participate in this exam.
INI SS 2024 Exam Pattern
The INI SS 2024 Exam Pattern outlines the structure of the entrance test, comprising two stages. It includes details about the number of questions, duration, marking scheme, and qualifying criteria for each stage.
Candidates should know the following INI SS 2024 Exam Pattern details:
- Exam Mode: The exam will be online.
- Number of Questions: 80 questions will be asked in the test.
- Duration: Candidates will have 1 hour and 30 minutes to solve the paper.
- Language: The question paper will be in English.
- Question Type: The questions will be Multiple-Choice (MCQs).
- Marking Scheme: Each correct answer will be awarded 1 mark, and 1/3 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer.
Stage I – Written Exam:
The first part of the INI SS 2024 exam is a written test conducted in an online mode called Computer-Based Test (CBT). This phase acts as an initial screening round. The exam consists of 80 questions that must be answered within 90 minutes. For each correct answer, candidates will receive one mark, while for every incorrect answer, one-third of a mark will be deducted.
Stage II – Departmental Assessment:
Applicants who clear the initial written exam will proceed to the Departmental Assessment’s second stage. To advance to this stage, candidates must achieve a minimum of 50% marks in the first stage. The Departmental Assessment is for those who apply for AIIMS. In this stage, candidates’ performance will be evaluated. The admission to DM, MCh, and MD(HA) courses at AIIMS is based on the combined scores from stages one and two.
Scheme of Examination
Examination will be conducted in two stage performance evaluation basis as described below: –
Stage – I: Applicable to all participating Institutes
|Number of Questions||80 Questions|
|Total Marks||80 Marks|
|Type of Questions||Objective type of questions of Single Correct Choice|
|Correct Answer||One Mark (+1)|
|Incorrect Answer||Minus one-third (-) 1/3|
|Unanswered / Marked for Review||0|
|Syllabus||The question paper will consist of questions from the General/Basic component of the qualifying educational qualification and from sub-speciality/systems/component the specialty/course for which the examination is being conducted.|
|Qualifying Criteria in Stage I||50 per cent (%)|
Stage – II: Applicable to all AIIMS only
Total Marks: 20
- Candidates must secure 50 per cent (%) or more marks in Stage-I.
- They must have applied online for AIIMS seats in the respective speciality/course.
- Candidates must meet AIIMS eligibility criteria.
- Among the candidates who meet the above conditions:
- Three times the number of AIIMS seats advertised OR
- Two times the total seats in AIIMS and other INIs (whichever is higher) or as decided by authorities.
- These candidates will be called for a departmental clinical/practical/lab-based assessment (carrying 20 marks) related to their chosen speciality/course at AIIMS, New Delhi.
- To qualify for AIIMS Seat allocation, candidates must obtain 50% or more marks combined in Stage-I & II.
- If candidates score above 50% in Stage-I but less than 50% marks combined in both stages, they won’t qualify for AIIMS Seats.
- Candidates who called for departmental assessment (Stage – II) but don’t attend it won’t be considered qualified for AIIMS Seats.
INI SS 2024 Syllabus
The INI SS 2024 Syllabus outlines the topics and subjects that candidates must study for the entrance test. It includes content from the qualifying educational qualification and the specific speciality or course for which the exam is conducted.
The INI SS 2024 Syllabus covers topics from the general and basic aspects of your qualifying educational background. It also includes subjects related to the sub-speciality, system, or component of the speciality/course for which the exam is being held. You can find the syllabus online on the official website. The INI SS Syllabus 2024 encompasses a range of subjects from your qualifying degree level, and these topics form the basis of the questions in the exam paper.
You can easily download the INI SS syllabus PDF from aglasem.com to understand what subjects to focus on. It’s a good idea to refer to the best books for INI SS preparation to cover the syllabus thoroughly. Also, you can use the INI SS Chapter Wise Weightage to identify the most important topics and use it as part of your preparation strategy for INI SS 2024. Whether you’re attending INI SS coaching classes or studying independently, make sure to cover all the chapters outlined in the syllabus.
INI SS 2024 Best Book
When preparing for INI SS 2024, using the best books can be helpful. These books are specially designed to cover the important topics you need to know for the exam.
|MCQs In Cardiology For DM||N. K. Aggarwal|
|CBS DM/MCH Neurology And Neurosurgery Entrance Examination||M. S. Bhatia|
|Review of Endocrinology||K. V. S. Hari Kumar|
|Neurology MCQs For Postgraduate And Superspecialty Exams||Annu Aggarwal|
|Cases in Hospital Medicine: An Evidence-based Approach||Theodore J. Gaeta, Michael E. Wechsler|
|CBS DM/MCH Neurology and Neurosurgery Entrance Examination||M. S. Bhatia|
|Harrison’s Principles of Internal Medicine (2 Vol Set)||Joseph Loscalzo|
|Davidson’s Principles and Practice of Medicine||Stuart H. Ralston, Ian D. Penman, Mark W. J. Strachan|
|Goldman-Cecil Medicine||Lee Goldman, Andrew I. Schafer|
INI SS 2024 Mock Test
INI SS 2024 practice tests are available from different sources like coaching centers, online platforms, and official websites. Here are some places where you can find INI SS practice tests can be found:
- Official Website: AIIMS might provide official practice tests or sample papers on their website. Check their site regularly for any updates or announcements regarding practice tests.
- Coaching Centers: Many coaching centers offering INI SS preparation courses may offer practice tests to their students. These tests mimic the real exam conditions and help you assess your performance.
- Online Test Series: Various online platforms offer comprehensive test series for INI SS preparation, including a range of practice tests. These series cover all subjects and question types found in the actual exam.
- Past Year Papers: You can also find previous year INI SS question papers, which can act as practice tests. Solving these papers gives you insight into the exam pattern and difficulty level.
INI SS 2024 Preparation Tips
To succeed in the INI SS 2024 examination, candidates should follow these preparation tips. Effective planning, a solid strategy, and dedicated effort are key to success in the INI SS 2024 exam. Here are some tips to help you score well:
- Effective Planning and Strategy: To start, create a daily study schedule that allocates time for each subject and topic you must cover.
- Guidance and Insights: Seek advice from seniors, professors, or colleagues who have already taken the INI SS exam. They can provide valuable insights into successful preparation strategies.
- Comprehensive Syllabus Coverage: Since the INI SS 2024 syllabus is based on undergraduate subjects, focus on all topics covered in the relevant course.
- Notes and Revision: Create organised notes for each topic, aiding in efficient revision during your preparation.
- Conceptual Understanding: Emphasize building a strong conceptual foundation, crucial for performing well in the exam.
- Previous Years’ Papers: Reviewing past years’ question papers helps you understand question patterns and topic weightage.
- Mock Tests Practice: Regularly practice mock tests to assess your readiness and identify improvement areas.
How to Prepare for INI SS Exam:
- Understand the Exam Pattern: Familiarize yourself with the INI SS exam pattern to know the structure and types of questions.
- Thorough Syllabus Study: Carefully study the entire syllabus and plan your preparation accordingly.
- Structured Approach: Develop a well-structured strategy to cover all topics within the available time.
- Maintain Discipline: Stick to your study schedule rigorously for systematic and consistent studying.
- Practice with Previous Papers: Solve as many previous years’ question papers as possible to become comfortable with the exam format and enhance problem-solving skills.
- Subject-Specific Focus: Tailor your practice sessions based on the subjects relevant to your chosen program.
By following these tips and staying dedicated to your preparation, you can increase your chances of success in the INI SS 2024 exam.
INI SS 2024 Exam Centers
INI SS 2024 Exam Centers are spread across various cities to provide convenience to candidates appearing for the exam. Here is a list of some of the exam centers for INI SS 2024.
|Chandigarh / Mohali||Jammu|
Required Documents at Exam time
Before going to the INI SS 2024 exam centre, candidates need to ensure they have the right documents to avoid any problems. The important things they should bring:
Admit Card: A printed copy of the INI SS 2024 Admit Card, which has their name, roll number, exam date, and center details. This is like their ticket to the exam, and they can only enter with it.
Photo ID Proof: They must have a valid ID with their photo on it, like Aadhar Card, Passport, Voter ID, Driving License, or PAN Card. The name on the ID should match the name on the admit card.
Passport-size Photograph: They need to carry a small photo that looks like the one they uploaded during the application process. This is for identification.
Having these documents is very important and part of following the INI SS 2024 exam rules.
INI SS 2024 Online Examination Instruction & Guidelines
Here are some important instructions and rules for candidates taking the INI SS 2024 exam:
- Technical Requirements: Ensure your computer and internet connection work well before the online exam. Check if your browser and system settings are compatible.
- Admit Card: Download and print your INI SS 2024 Admit Card from the official website. You’ll need it for verification at the exam centre.
- Arrival Time: Get to the exam centre before the time mentioned on your admit card. If you’re late, you might not be allowed inside.
- Valid ID Proof: Bring a valid photo ID proof (like an Aadhar Card, Passport, etc.) and a copy to confirm your identity.
- Face Mask and Cleanliness: Always wear a mask during the exam. Clean your hands before entering the exam hall and follow hygiene practices.
- Social Distancing: Keep safe from other candidates while waiting your turn. Follow the social distancing rules.
- Exam Format: Understand the INI SS exam format and read the instructions on the screen carefully before you start.
- Save Answers: Keep saving your answers during the exam to avoid losing your progress if there are technical problems.
- Time Management: Keep track of the time for each section. There are time limits for each part, so manage your time wisely.
- Submitting Answers: Submit your answers before the exam. If you have time left, review your responses.
- No Cheating: Don’t cheat or break the rules during the exam. If you do, you can be disqualified.
- Helpline: If you face technical issues, immediately inform the exam supervisor for help.
These guidelines will help you have a smooth experience during the INI SS 2024 exam.
INI SS 2024 Admit Card
The INI SS 2024 admit card will be available online. AIIMS will make the admit card download link active on its official website, aiimsexams.ac.in, for candidates who have successfully registered for the exam. To access the admit card for DM/MCh/MD(HA) courses, candidates need to log into their accounts using the credentials they received during registration. The admit card contains essential information such as the candidate’s name, exam center address, and other details. It’s crucial to carefully verify the details on the admit card to avoid any mistakes. Candidates should promptly contact exam officials for resolution if any discrepancies are found.
The INI SS 2024 Admit Card can be obtained online. The admit card will be available for the January session in the fourth week of October 2023, and for the July session, it will be released in the third week of April 2024. Candidates should use their registered ID and password to get the admit card.
The admit card will contain important information like the name of the exam, date, exam center location, timing, and personal details. Remember, without a valid admit card, no candidate will be allowed inside the exam hall. Print the admit card and bring it with you on the exam day.
How to Download Admit Card
To obtain the INI SS Admit Card, follow these steps for a successful download. Here’s how:
- Visit the official AIIMS website, aiimsexams.ac.in.
- Log in to your account using the credentials generated during registration.
- Locate and click on the link for downloading the admit card.
- Review the details mentioned on the admit card carefully.
- If any discrepancies are found, contact exam officials immediately for resolution.
INI SS 2024 Result
The INI SS 2024 results for the January session will be announced in the second week of November 2023 and for the July session in the first week of May 2024. These results will be accessible online and reflect candidates’ exam performance. The outcome will include the overall rank, roll number, and percentile. Those on the merit list will be invited for department assessments. The authority will publish the final result after the department assessments are completed.
AIIMS Delhi will be announced the INI SS 2024 results for all the participating INIs, including a separate result for AIIMS applicants who appeared in stage I. Those who make it to the AIIMS merit list will be invited for the departmental assessment, and the final result will be revealed after that assessment. Candidates can check the INI SS 2024 results on the official website aiimsexams.ac.in.
INI SS 2024 Merit List
The INI SS 2024 Merit List will be accessible online. It will be created based on how well candidates performed in Stage-I and II. The authority will release two distinct merit lists: the Common Merit List (CML) and the AIIMS Merit List (AML).
Seat allocation will occur online for the Common Merit List (CML) and the AIIMS Merit List (AML). Qualified candidates will have the opportunity to choose and prioritise their preferred colleges and courses.
Two merit lists recreation will result in two separate lists for qualified candidates based on their performance in Stages – I and II (where applicable). These lists are explained as follows:
Common Merit List (CML):
- Candidates taking the Stage-I test will be considered.
- All successful Stage-I candidates will be given ranks and placed in the list according to their overall ranking.
- This Common Merit List (CML) is used for allocating seats in all INIs except AIIMS, Following the allocation process detailed in the prospectus.
AIIMS Merit List (AML):
- The AIIMS Merit List (AML) specifically allocates seats in all AIIMS institutes.
- Following the examination scheme, Candidates must have participated in and qualified for both Stages – I and Stage–II exams.
- The list is determined by combining the marks obtained in Stage – I and Stage – II (totalling 100 marks) for the qualified candidates.
- All qualified candidates will receive ranks and be arranged by their overall ranking.
How to Check the INI SS Result/Merit List
Sure, here’s how you can check the INI SS result or Merit List in points:
- Visit Official Website: Go to the official website of AIIMS or the designated exam authority.
- Login: Find the link or section for checking the INI SS result or Merit List and click on it. You might need to log in using your registered ID and password.
- Access Result/Merit List: Once logged in, you should be able to access your result or the Merit List. Click on the relevant link.
- Check Details: Your result or Merit List will display essential details such as your name, roll number, rank, and other relevant information.
- Download/Print: You can download the result or Merit List for your reference. It’s also a good idea to take a printout for future use.
- Check Rank: If there are separate lists (Common Merit List and AIIMS Merit List), check your rank and status in each list, if applicable.
Remember to verify the details on the result or Merit List, and if you have any concerns or questions, reach out to the exam authorities.
INI SS 2024 Counselling
The INI SS Counselling for 2024 will begin in the second week of December for the January session and the fourth week of May for the July session. Those whose names are on the merit list can take part in counselling.
During counselling, candidates need to choose their preferred colleges and specialities. The authority will conduct three online rounds for seat allocation. The participating institutes will manage the seat allotment based on the candidates’ preferences.
For INI SS 2024, AIIMS will be held online counselling. Those on the merit list can join. Candidates must register online and select their preferred colleges and specialities. Registration can be done by using the credentials from the application form. There will be three rounds for seat allocation. After seat allocation, candidates must choose if they want to continue with further rounds of counselling.
Seat Allocation of INI-SS
Seat allocation will happen online, based on the merit lists (CML/AML). The procedure is as follows:
- Detailed seat allocation information will be provided on the website www.aiimsexams.ac.in.
- Refer to the examination scheme for qualifying criteria.
- Institutes will allocate seats in synchronization based on overall ranks in CML/AML and the choices filled by candidates.
- Seats will be allocated in INIs based on both merit lists: Common Merit List (CML) and AIIMS Merit List (AML).
- Eligible candidates can fill online choices for INIs and preferences according to both merit lists after results are declared.
Seats will be allocated as follows:
- Seats will be allocated according to overall rank in the merit list (CML/AML).
- If a candidate is eligible in CML only, they will be allocated an INI seat other than AIIMS, based on their preference and available rank.
- If a candidate is eligible in both CML and AML, they will be temporarily allocated the best available choice in respective INI other than AIIMS according to CML rank and the best available choice in AIIMS according to AML rank. The best INI choice from both lists will be allocated.
- Similar allocation process will apply to qualified Sponsored/OCI/Foreign National category candidates, limited to seats under that category.
- Seats are not interchangeable between different subgroups, unless specified in the rules of participating INIs.
- Vacant seats in different subgroups will be carried forward to the next session.
As mentioned earlier, candidates falling under the Sponsored/OCI/Foreign National category will be categorised based on their performance and eligibility, similar to general candidates. Their ranks will have the respective category tag. These candidates will be considered for Sponsored/OCI/Foreign National category seats based on merit and the seat allocation process used for general candidates.
In case of ties, the preference will be given to the older candidate based on their date of birth.
Requirement Documents at the Counseling Time
During counselling, you’ll need to bring documents like mark sheets, admit cards, rank cards, degree certificates, internship completion certificates, medical registration, birth certificate, and more. These documents are essential for the counselling process.
- Mark sheets of MBBS/BDS 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Professional Examination.
- Admit card for INI SS 2024.
- Rank card of INI SS 2024.
- MBBS/BDS Degree certificate.
- Certificate of completion of the internship.
- Medical registration certificate.
- Permanent/Provisional Registration certificate.
- 10th/12th/Birth certificate for proof of Date of Birth (DOB).
- Counselling Call Letter.
- Category certificate (if applicable).
- Registration slip and other relevant documents.
INI SS 2024 Admission Process
The INI SS (Institute of National Importance Super Specialty) admission process involves several stages, from the application to seat allocation. Here’s an overview of the process:
- Application: Candidates must apply for the INI SS entrance exam through the official website. They must provide accurate personal and academic details, choose their preferred speciality, and pay the application fee.
- Admit Card: Candidates receive their admit cards Once the application is accepted. These contain essential exam details such as the date, time, and venue.
- Stage-I Examination: The first stage involves a computer-based test (CBT) with multiple-choice questions. Candidates’ performance in this stage determines their eligibility for further stages.
- Stage-II Examination (AIIMS Only): Candidates who apply for AIIMS must take the second stage exam. This stage carries 20 marks and is exclusive to AIIMS applicants.
- Merit Lists: Based on the performance in Stage-I and Stage II (if applicable), two merit lists are prepared – Common Merit List (CML) and AIIMS Merit List (AML).
- Choice Filling: Qualified candidates can choose their preferred colleges and specialities through an online portal.
- Seat Allocation: Seats are allocated based on merit, choices, and availability. Two lists are published – CML-based allocation for all INIs and AML-based allocation for AIIMS.
- Counselling: Candidates are called for counselling based on their rank in the merit list. They provide preferences for colleges and specialities.
- Document Verification: During counselling, candidates’ documents are verified to ensure eligibility.
- Final Seat Allotment: Based on merit, choices, and document verification, seats are finally allocated to candidates.
- Reporting to Institute: Candidates must report to the allotted institute within the specified time frame for admission.
- Departmental Assessment (AIIMS Only): Candidates qualifying for AIIMS must undergo a departmental assessment specific to their chosen speciality.
- Final Result and Admission: The final result is declared after the departmental assessment. Candidates can proceed with the admission process to the allocated institute.
- Commencement of Classes: Admitted candidates begin their super speciality courses per the institute’s academic schedule.
The INI SS admission process ensures that deserving candidates secure seats in specialised medical programs the participating institutes offer.
AIIMS INI SS Participating Colleges 2024
The INI SS (Institute of National Importance Super Specialty) entrance examination allows candidates to seek admission to various prestigious medical institutes across India. Under the umbrella of INI, these participating colleges provide specialised postgraduate medical courses to eligible candidates.
|1||AIIMS New Delhi|
|10||Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences & Technology|
INI SS 2024 Contact Information
|Address||Examination Section, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Ansari Nagar, New Delhi 110608|
|Our Location||Convergence Block, 1st Floor [ Mon-Fri 9.30 AM – 5.00 PM, Sat 9.30 AM – 1.00 PM]|
|Telephone Numbers||91-11-26588500, 26588700, 26589900 (Ext. 4499)|
|Fax Nos||91-11-26588663, 26588641|
|E-mail ids||“Assistant Controller of Examinations” firstname.lastname@example.org|
The INI SS (Institute of National Importance Super Specialty) exam is a crucial step for medical professionals aspiring to pursue specialised postgraduate courses in renowned institutions. Comprehensive preparation, adherence to guidelines, and successful performance in the various stages of the examination and counselling process are vital for securing a seat in these prestigious institutes. With a focus on academic excellence and a commitment to delivering specialised healthcare services, the INI SS exam opens doors to a promising and rewarding career in the medical field.
The exam assesses candidates’ knowledge, skills, and aptitude in their chosen field. The multi-stage examination process, including written tests, departmental assessments, and counselling, ensures that the most deserving candidates are selected for admission to prestigious institutes nationwide. The comprehensive syllabus, technical requirements, and detailed guidelines for the exam are provided to facilitate effective preparation.
The transparency of the merit list, seat allocation procedures, and counselling process ensure fairness and integrity in the selection process. Overall, INI SS offers an opportunity for medical aspirants to advance their careers and contribute to the healthcare field through specialised expertise gained from top-notch institutes of national importance.
INI SS 2024 FAQs
Can I fill the application for INI SS 2024 through offline mode?
The application process for INI SS 2024 is available only through online mode.
I belong to the OBC category. What will be the application fee for me?
The application fee varies based on the category. Please refer to the official notification for specific fee details.
Do I need to send a hard copy of the application form to the authority?
No, there is no need to send a hard copy of the application form. The entire process is conducted online.
For which courses is the INI SS exam conducted?
The INI SS exam is conducted for admission to various postgraduate super specialty courses in medical institutions.
I want to get admission to DM/M.Ch (3 years) courses in AIIMS; which exam do I need to apply for?
You need to apply for the INI SS exam to seek admission to DM/M.Ch (3 years) courses in AIIMS.
Can I rectify mistakes made in the application form?
Most application forms provide a limited correction window where you can rectify minor mistakes. Check the official guidelines for the correction period.
I scored 40%. Am I eligible to apply?
Eligibility criteria vary for different courses. Please refer to the official notification for specific eligibility requirements.
Is there any age limit criteria for the exam?
Yes, there might be age-limit criteria for certain courses. Check the official notification for details.
In which mode will the INI SS exam 2024 be held?
The INI SS exam 2024 will be conducted online (computer-based test).
Which institutions conduct the INI SS 2024 exam?
Various prestigious medical institutions in India conduct the INI SS 2024 exam.
What particulars cannot be edited in the INI SS Application Form?
Details like the candidate’s name, category, date of birth, etc., are usually not editable after submission. Check the official guidelines for specifics.
Who and when should I contact if there is a mistake in the question of the INI SS exam?
Any discrepancies or mistakes in the exam questions should be immediately reported to the invigilator or the authorities.
What is the method of determining merit in the INI SS?
Merit is determined based on the performance of candidates in the stage I and stage II examinations.
What is the minimum cut-off score in the INI SS exam?
Cut-off scores vary depending on factors like the difficulty level of the exam and the number of candidates. Refer to official notifications for cut-off details.
What are percentile scores in the INI SS exam?
Percentile scores indicate the percentage of candidates who scored lower than you in the exam.
Will I be able to submit the INI SS 2024 Application Form through offline mode?
No, the INI SS 2024 Application Form can only be submitted online.
In how many sessions will the INI SS exam be conducted?
The INI SS exam is conducted in multiple sessions per the official schedule.
Can I give the exam in Hindi medium also?
Language options for the exam might vary. Check the official notification for language details.
I belong to the PWBD category; what will be my application fee?
Application fee concessions for PWBD candidates might be mentioned in the official notification.
Will any age relaxation exist for SC/ST category candidates?
The official notification might specify age relaxation for SC/ST category candidates.
I scored 60% marks in graduation. Will I be eligible to apply for the MBBS course?
The eligibility criteria vary for different courses. Check the official notification for the specific requirements.
Will there be any negative markings in the examination?
Negative marking details, if applicable, will be mentioned in the exam pattern and guidelines.
For any other queries about INI SS 2024, you can leave your queries below in the comment box.