Latest Applications Open 2024:
Madhya Pradesh Pre-Agriculture Test is organized as per instructions of the Madhya Pradesh Professional Examination Board, which MP Vyapam calls. Through this exam, you get the opportunity to prove your mettle in the Agriculture and Horticulture profession and many more. The exam is needed to have gone through various procedures like application forms, eligibility, counselling, etc.
But this page will be structured to get you familiar with the MP PAT syllabus 2023. The syllabus plays a significant role in reckoning the total topics covering the question paper. Reading through the syllabus, applicants become acquainted with the patterns of topics they will face during the exam.
So to meet the requirements of topics and chapters, the complete MP PAT syllabus will be listed. The syllabus is provided to the students as per last year’s designation.
Agriculture (Arts and Science Group) (Ag.)
- Introduction (i) Importance and scope of Agriculture in our National Economy and Development. (ii) Measures to be adopted for increasing the yield of crops.
- Meteorology (i) Distribution of crop Zones depending upon the rainfall in M.P. (i.e.) Weather recording-Rainfall, Temperature, Humidity, and atmospheric pressure.
- Soils (i) Importance of Soil, Soil texture, soil structure, mineral matter, soil organic matter, soil and organism (ii) Different soil of M.P. and their Characteristics (iii) causes of infertility and ways to improve them.
- Tillage (i) Definition of tillage, tillage operations such as ploughing, harrowing inter-culture, etc. (ii) Tillage implements-Country plough, improved plough, harrows, cultivators, threshers, winnower, and seed drills.
- Manures and Fertilizers (i) Major and minor plant nutrients (ii) organic manures F.Y.M. compost, Green manures, Oil cakes (iii) Inorganic Fertilizers – Nitrogenous, phosphatic and Potash Fertilizers.
- Weeds and Weed Control (i) Definition of weeds, damage caused by weeds (ii) Weed control methods mechanical, Biological and Chemical.
- Irrigation and Drainage (i) Need Objects of irrigation and drainage (ii) Sources of irrigation and drainage.
- Cropping Schemes: Importance and principles of Crop-rotation, mixed cropping, multi-cropping, Dry farming.
- Crop Production (i) Classification of crops(ii) Cultivation of the following crops concerning their land preparation, manuring, sowing, seed rate, irrigation, intercultural, improved varieties, control of diseases and pests, yield per hectare, Major crops Paddy, Wheat, Jowar, groundnut, and cotton Minor Crops-Arhar, Moong, Soybean, Linseed, and Mustard.
- Introduction(i) meaning and scope of Horticulture (ii) Planting system, pruning, training and intercropping (iii) Elementary idea regarding ornamental plants, annuals, shrubs, trees hedges.
- Cultivation of fruit plants (ii) propagation of plants-cutting, budding, layering Gootee, grafting and inarching (iii) Elementary idea regarding ornamental plants, annuals, shrubs, trees hedges.
- Cultivation of vegetables (i) classification of vegetables as per family seasons and uses (ii) cultivation of Potato, Cauliflower, Radish, Onion, Tomato, Brinjal, bhindi, and Chillies.
- Fruit and vegetable preservation (i) General principles and fruit and vegetable preservation methods.
- Animal Husbandry (i) Important breeds of cow and buffaloes (ii) care maintenance and housing of cattle (iii) Principles of feeding and a balanced ration of cattle.
- Milk and milk testing (i) composition of milk of cows and buffaloes (ii) milk testing by lactometer.
- Milk products and Dairy machines (i) Preparation of Cream, ghee, Butter, Khoya, and Dahi (ii) Construction of working of the cream separator.
- Diseases of Cattle (i) Sings of sick animals (ii) Common diseases of cattle, their prevention, and control.
- Poultry farming (i) Important Poultry breeds and their characteristics (ii) Warehousing and feeding of Poultry breeds (iii) Hatching of an egg by natural and artificial methods (iv) Grading and marketing of eggs (v) Common diseases of poultry, their prevention, and control.
Elements Of Science And Mathematics (Use For Agriculture) Ag.-1
(1) Agriculture Physics
- A principle of Archimedes, Floating bodies density and relative density, determination of R.D. by Hydrometers.
- Atmospheric pressure. Fortin barometer and its relation to weather condition manometer.
- Pumps – Force and vacuum pumps, symphony suction pumps.
- Friction – Laws of Friction, an angle of friction, the coefficient of friction and its determination, advantages, and disadvantages of friction.
- Machine – simple machines such as plans, levers, and pully. Simple wheels, their construction and working mechanical advantages, Velocity ratio efficiency of the machine.
- Gravitation and gravity; Relation between ‘G’ and ‘g’ simple harmonic motion simple pendulum law of gravitation.
- Unit of heat, Specific heat, thermal capacity, water equivalent of heat, determination of Specific heat of solid and liquid, Latent heat, determination of latent heat of ice and steam.
- Transmission of Heat-Conduction, Convection, and Radiation. Conductivity, good and bad conductors, the New-tons law of cooling-simple idea.
- Light, Rectilinear propagation of light, Shadow and eclipse, pinhole camera, reflection through Prism, Dispersion of light, dispersive power spectrum, their type, spectrometer.
- Optical instruments, Human eye, its defects, photographic camera, simple and compound microscope Telescope.
- Magnetism, Magnetic Field, Intensity of magnetic field, lines of forces; the Neutral point, Couple acting on magnet placed in a uniform magnetic field. Magnetic movement of the magnet, tangent law, and its limitation.
- Electric charge- electric potential, electric field, and its intensity due to a point, potential inside a conductor.
- Electrical capacity, its unit, its value for a Spherical conductor, principle of condenser capacity of spherical and parallel plate condenser.
- Ohm’s law, Resistance, the grouping of resistance, electromotive force, and potential difference. Potentiometer is its principle, comparison of E.M.F. of two cells by the potentiometer.
- Elementary idea of the heating effect of current, Joule’s law determination of ‘J’ by Joules Calorimeter, the elementary idea of the house wiring electric iron, electric power, and energy.
(2) Agriculture Chemistry
- Atomic Structure: Bohr’s atomic model, Distribution of electrons according to Bohr- Bory Rules. Radioactivity and atomic disintegration.
- Chemical Bonds: Characteristics of electrovalent, Covalent and Co-ordinate Bonds.
- Ionic Theory: Uses of ionization, Solubility product, Hydrolysis, neutralization, an Ionic product of water. Determination of pH Buffer Solution, the Nutritional importance of Soil pH.
- Colloids: Lyophilic and Lyophobic, properties of colloids, colloidal solutions, protective colloids, gold number, Soil colloids clay, and humus.
- Introduction of essential minerals present in soil and their chemical composition.
- Chemical Fertilizers: Manufacture of different fertilizers of N.P.K. and their utilization of Micronutrients.
- Volumetric analysis: Strength of solution, Normality, determination of the equivalent weight of the acid, base, and salt.
- Introduction to Organic Chemistry, Determination. of simple organic compounds’ empirical, molecular and structural formula.
- Classification and nomenclature of organic compounds, Isomerism.
- Saturated and unsaturated Hydrocarbons, Methane, Ethylene, Chemistry of gobar Gas.
- Fermentation, ethyl alcohol, Aliphatic carboxylic acid-Acetic acid, Urea.
- Oil and fats, extraction, Composition and properties, manufacture of soap, Vanaspati Ghee, use of oil in paints.
- Elementary Biochemistry, Carbohydrates, Proteins, Lipids, Vitamins and enzymes.
(3) Agriculture Mathematics
- Arithmetic Progression: Definition, formula to find the nth term. Formula to find some of the terms. Definition of the arithmetic mean. Insertion of a given number of mean between two given quantities. Finding the remaining quantity when any three of S, a d, n are given.
- Geometric Progression: Definition, Formula to find the nth term, the sum of n terms, geometric mean insertion of geometric means between two given Quantities. Finding or remaining quantity when any three ks, a, n are given.
- Logarithms and Common Logarithms: Definition of product division of number raised to any power characteristics of the logarithm of any number greater than unity. Characteristics of the Logarithm of a decimal fraction.
- Trigonometrical functions of angles of any size and sign. Trigonometrical ratios of an angle (90+) (190) (80+)
- The trigonometrical ratio of the sum and difference of two angles. Geometrical proof for sin (A+B), Cos (A+-B) product formula for Sin (C+ – sin D), (C+ – CosD)
- Statistics: Calculate mean, mode, median and standard deviation, variance and mean deviation for grouped data using various formulas.
(4) Agriculture, Botany, Zoology
- Plant Anatomy:- (i) Root Structure and Functions(ii) Stem Structure and Functions (iii) Leaf Structure and Functions.
- Agril Botany Zoology: Classification of plants, (i) Outline of the classification of plants, (ii) Study of the following families, (a) Compositae, (b) Leguminosae, (c) Cucurbitae (d) Solanaceae, (e) Malvaceae (f) Cruciferae (g) Gramineae.
- Plant Breeding and Genetics : (i) Definition of Genetics and plant breeding and the role of
Genetics in plant breeding (ii) Cell-its structure and cell division (iii) Principle of inheritance, (iv) Self and cross-pollinated crops, (v) Methods of breeding field crops.
- Plant Physiology: (i) Respiration, types function, (ii) Photosynthesis, (iii) Transpiration
(iv) Plant growth and development.
- Animal Kingdom: (i) Classification of the animal kingdom, (ii) Useful and harmful insects of agriculture Silk work, Honey bee, L.A.C. insect, Termites, Grasshopper, grass caterpillar. Anatomy and physiology, the elementary internal anatomy of grasshoppers, earthworms, and cockroaches concerning digestive. Respiratory and reproductive system.
Crop Production And Horticulture (Ag.-2)
- (i) Introduction and activities of agriculture and crop production, (ii) Importance of crop production in National Economy, (iii) Different Branches of Farming and their importance.
- Soil and Soil Fertility : (i) Soil and its constituents (ii) Physical properties of Soil-Soil texture and Structure pore space, specific gravity, plasticity, cohesion and soil temperature (iii) Formation of soil-classification of soil in M.P. and their characteristics (iv) Soil corrosion its kind, their causes and control, measures of soil conservation (v) Soil acidity and alkalinity and their reclamation soil-pH.
- Tillage : (i) Object of tillage, tillage operations, ploughing, levelling, harrowing, inter cultivation (ii) Tillage implements, country plough improved ploughs, harrows and cultivators, threshers, winnowers, and seed drills, tractor driven implements.
- Manures and Fertilizer (i) Essential element for plant growth (ii) Description and uses of organic manures. F.Y.M. Compost green manures (iii) Different Nitrogenous, Phosphate, and Potash Fertilizers, properties and uses.
- Production of crops: (i) Classification of crops according to seasons and economic classification (ii) Cultivation of Kharif Crops- Jowar, Maize, Groundnut, Cotton, Paddy, Soyabean, Arhar, Urad, Moong (iii) Rabi crops-Wheat, Linseed, Mustard, Sugarcane, Gram, Barely under following heads 1. Preparation of land 2. Sowing operation 3. Seed rate per hectare 4. Manures and fertilizer 5. irrigation 6. Intercultural and weeding 7. Improved varieties 8. Yield per Hectare 9. Disease: pests and their control.
- Irrigation land Drainage : (i) object of irrigation and drainage, (ii) sources of irrigation and drainage, (iii) Method of irrigation and drainage, (iv) Water requirements of crops, (v) Duty and discharge of water, (vi) Common water lifts. Diesel and electric pumps.
- Weed and weed control.
- Cropping scheme, the importance of principles if (i) Crop rotation, (ii) Principle cropping, (iii) Mixed and intercropping, (vi) Dry farming, (v) Cooperative farming.
- Elementary Surveying-Importance of Surveying. The elementary survey with the help of chains, instruments used in the survey as an optical square, cross-staff offset rod, dumpy level, and recording of field book.
- Introduction (i) Importance and scope of Horticulture (ii) Pomology – Location and Layout. (iii) Planting system – training, pruning, inter-cropping, windbreaks, protection from frost and sunburn (vi) care maintenance and rejuvenation of fruit orchards.
- Vegetable Gardening (i) Kitchen gardening (ii) Cultivation of Radish, Carrot, cole crops, Onion Brinjal, Chilies, Tomato potatoes.
- Fruit cultivation (i) Vegetative propagation-Budding, inarching and Goottee cutting, Grafting and layering (ii) Cultivation of Papaya, Banana, Grapes, Mango, Guava and citrus fruits.
- Ornamental Gardening (i) General Cultivation of Winter and summer season annuals (ii) Ornamental and flowering plants. Trees, shrubs, climbers, hedges, and hedges plants. (iii) common ornamental and flowering plants, e.g., Rose, Canna, and Chrysanthemum (iv) Preparation and maintenance of lawns.
- Fruit and Vegetable Preservation– Canning and bolt ling Technique (i) Simple canning and botting techniques use of suitable containers like aluminized plastic and paper (ii) Washing, Blandching and peeling of Fruit and Vegetables, trading of fruits for canning.
- Preservation of Fruits and Vegetables (i) General principles and methods of fruit and vegetable preservation (ii) Processing by heat, preservation by antiseptic drying, preservative by fermentation dehydration and packing (iii) Preparation of jelly, Lime squash, and Tomato sauce.
- Rural Finance (i) Cultivator’s Finance needs for farmers (ii) Source of credit (iii) Organization of Rural Cooperative credit and marketing societies.
Elements Of Animal Husbandry And Poultry Farming (Ag.-3) (A)
- Introduction:- (i) Importance of Livestock in the Indian Economy, (ii) Body parts of cow and buffalo and description of essential systems, respiratory, digestive, reproductive, and milk secretion.
- Improved Cattle Breeds:- (i) Cow, (ii) Buffalo, (iii) Goat and (iv) Sheep.
- Care and management of Cattle:- (i) Animal Hygiene (ii) Cattle housing sheds for bullocks, bull, milch cattle, etc. (iii) Special attention for the rearing of calves, pregnant and milch cattle, working bullocks and bulls.
- Breeding of Cattle:- (i) Breeding Linebreeding and cross-breeding, Mendel’s laws of breeding, (ii) Artificial insemination in cattle with examples. (B)
- Dairy Farming: (i) General idea regarding dairy farming as a business in the village and town conditions requirement of land, labour, capital; management techniques.
- Milk Production:- (i) Different methods of milking, (ii) Principles of clean milk production, (iii) Factors affecting the quality and quantity of milk.
- The composition of milk : (i) Definition of milk (ii) Milk constituents (iii) Composition of Milk: Factors affecting the composition of milk.
- Physical properties of milk : (i) Temperature (ii Boiling Freezing point (iii) pH (iv) Density (v) Specific gravity use of Lactometer (vi) Gerber’s method for the fat test. (C)
- Feed and Feeding : (i) Principles of Feeding of dairy cattle (ii) Different types of feeds and fodders and their nutritional values – Kharif and Rabi Fodders: Hay and silage crops (iii) Preservation of fodders making of silage, hay silopits hay silopits. (iv) Computation of balanced ration of cows, buffaloes, bullocks, bulls, goats and sheep.
- Judging of Cattle : (i) Importance of Judging, (ii) Judging method, Scorecard method and by body parts, (iii) Judging the age of cattle by rings on the horn and by the teeth development.
- Dairy appliances : (i) Construction of appliances and their cleanliness (ii) working of the cream separator and its parts. Butter churner, Butter worker.
- Milk Products : (i) cheese preparations. Cream, Ravi, Dahi, Butter, Ghee, condensed milk. Milk powder and its composition.
- Common diseases of Cattle : (i) Symptoms of sick Animals, (ii) Symptoms of different diseases. Rinderpest Foot and Mouth disease. Blackquater, Haemorrhagic Septicaemia, Anthrax, and piroplasmosis: (iii) their prevention and control measures.
- Poultry Farming : (i) Introductory, (ii) Scope and limitation of Poultry Farming, (iii) essential breeds of poultry for eggs and meat, (iv) Hatching of eggs and uses of the incubator.
- Housing and ration for poultry birds : (i) Poultry sheds, layout model sheds (ii) Ration of poultry bird-chicken, Grower, layers, and Broilers.
- Diseases of Poultry : (i) preventive control measures, (ii) Bacillary White diarrhoea, Ranikhet Coccidiosis, Fowl, Pox, Fowl cholera, Ecto, and endoparasites.
If you have any other MP PAT Syllabus 2023 questions, you may ask your Queries by commenting below.
As a dedicated Biology Science graduate, I’m passionate about sharing the latest updates in national and state entrance exams through my blog. I aim to keep aspiring students informed about exam trends, important dates, and changes in syllabi. With a keen interest in education, I strive to offer valuable insights for students navigating the competitive landscape of entrance examinations and admission tests. Stay updated with me.