Latest Applications Open 2024:
XAT 2023 Results/Score Card has been Declared on 28th January 2023. Answer Key has been Released on 10th January 2023. XLRI conducts the Xavier Aptitude Test on behalf of XAMI. This exam has been conducted for the past 70 years. The exam provides students admission to various MBA programs offered by top B-schools.
Candidates from various disciplines appear for this exam every year. This exam is one of the largest exams and requires some serious preparation for passing and getting the desired result.
XAT 2023 notifications would be released in August 2022 and all the information about XAT 2023 would be released on the official website. And all the other details are mentioned below.
XAT 2023 Notification – Result Declared
XAT 2023 Quick Links
XAT 2023 Highlights
|Exam Name||Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT)|
|Exam Category||Post Graduate|
|Conducting Body||XLRI Delhi|
|Programs Offered||PGDM (Human Resource Management) PGDM (Business Management) PGDM (General Management)|
|XAT Eligibility||Bachelor’s Degree|
|Selection Process||Written Test, Group Discussion, and Personal Interview|
|Number of Test Takers||90,000 approx.|
|XAT Helpline Number||1800 419 2929|
|XAT Contact Number||+91 657 665 3203 /3204/3205|
|Email Addressfirstname.lastname@example.org OR email@example.com|
XAT 2023 Exam Dates
Dates are very important information that every candidate eagerly waits for. The XAT 2023 exam would be conducted on 8th January 2023 and all the other dates are given below.
|Date of Release of XAT Notification 2023||10th August 2022|
|XAT Registration 2023 starts||10th August 2022|
|Last date for XAT 2023 Registration & Application submission online without late fee||11th December 2022|
|XAT 2023 Registration Last date with late fee||December 2022|
|XAT Admit Card 2023 download Start Date||26th December 2022|
|XAT Exam Date 2023||8th January 2023 (9.30 AM to 12.40 PM)|
|XAT 2023 Result date||28th January 2023|
XAT 2023 Application Form
The application form is the mandatory step every candidate has to fill out. The application form is the key to admit card. All the candidates can register themselves by filling out the application form from August 10, 2022.
Latest Applications For Various UG & PG Courses Open 2024
- Parul University | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- UPES Dehradun | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- Chandigarh University | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- LPU 2024 | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- IIAD, Delhi | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- GIBS, Bangalore | PGDM Applications Open. Package upto 15.5 LPA. Apply Now
- GNIOT, Greater Noida | Admissions Open for All Courses 2023. Apply Now
- Narayana Business School | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- The Design Village | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- IMS Ghaziabad UC Campus | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- KIIT School of Management | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- KSRM | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
The application form would be released online on the official website only. Make sure you are filling the application form with care without any mistakes and all the other details are mentioned below:
- The application form for the XAT 2023 will be available online on the official website.
- The start date to submit the application form is on 10 August 2022.
- The last date to submit the application form is on 11 December 2022.
- One candidate can fill only one application in any case.
- While filling out the application form you have to upload all the documents that would be mentioned in the form only.
- All the candidates will have to fill in the information on the application form very carefully so that it does not get canceled.
- Your details such as Name, Date of birth, and address should be filled with care.
- Upload the documents that are required in the application and they should be in the format that is prescribed in the form itself.
- Do not forget to note down your registration number, User ID, and Password as they will be asked in processes further.
- Make sure to take out the printout of the application form after submitting it.
- No Candidates will have to send any hard copy.
XAT 2023 Application Fee
Candidates who will fill out the application form for XAT 2023 will also have to pay the application fee before submitting the form. Paying the application fee is mandatory for everyone as per their categories.
If any candidate fails to pay the application they would not be allowed to sit in the exam. You can see the application fee for XAT 2023 below:
- The application fee for XAT 2023 is INR 2000/-.
XAT 2023 Application From Correction
The conducting authority does not provide the application form correction facility for XAT 2023 exam. The details in the application form cannot be changed or edited after the form is submitted.
Make sure you fill the details with concentration and correct information because you will get no chance to change any information in the form.
XAT 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Eligibility criteria are set by the authority that is conducting the exam. Every candidate applying for the exam has to follow this criterion as it is mandatory. It is advised to check the eligibility criteria before filling out the application form.
The eligibility criteria for XAT 2023 are given below.
- The XAT 2023 exam eligibility criteria need only a pass in your bachelor’s degree.
- A minimum of 15 years of academic study till a bachelor’s degree is required. It means you must have pursued or pursued a minimum of three years of graduation degree
XAT Eligibility 2023 does not require any minimum percentage of marks in graduation to register and apply for the XAT exam, while other exams need a minimum of 50% percentage of marks in bachelor’s degree.
Students in their final year of graduation can also apply
XAT 2023 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern contains all the information that is necessary for the exam. Information like marking schemes, Exam education, Question types, and much more is mentioned in the exam pattern. The candidates should not miss out on this important information.
The exam pattern for XAT 2023 is given below.
- Mode: Computer-based test
- Duration: 3 hours 10 mins
- Timings: 12:40 p.m.
- Question Type: 100 MCQ and 1 descriptive question
- Marking scheme: 1 mark for every correct answer
- Total Questions: 101
- Negative marking: -0.25 would be deducted for every wrong answer and no mark would be deducted for the general knowledge and essay writing section. -0.10 would be deducted for every unattempted question after 8 unattempted questions.
|Exam Sections||Number of questions||Overall Time Duration|
|Part-1||75 Total MCQs||165 Minutes|
|Verbal and Logical Ability||26||No Sectional Time Limit|
|Decision Making||21||No Sectional Time Limit|
|Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation||28||No Sectional Time Limit|
|Part-2||25 Total MCQs + Essay Writing Test||25 Minutes|
|Essay||1 Descriptive Topic||10 Minutes|
|Total questions (Part 1 + Part 2)||101|
XAT 2023 Syllabus
The syllabus is the most crucial information about the exam. It is advised for candidates to prepare for the exam just after they have applied for XAT 2023 exam. This exam is not an easy one so make sure you prepare the syllabus thoroughly.
The syllabus for XAT 2023 is given below.
Section-1: XAT 2023 Syllabus for Verbal Ability, Reading Comprehension & Logical Reasoning
Part-1: XAT 2023 Syllabus for Verbal Ability
Topics on which VA questions are based:
- English Vocabulary based questions – fill in the blanks with correct words; synonyms/antonyms; contextual usage on vocabulary words
- Jumbled Paragraphs
- Correction of errors in sentences, correct use of words
- Completion of sentences
- Completion of paragraph
Part-2: XAT 2023 Syllabus for Reading Comprehension (RC)
- Share of Reading Comprehension in VARC & LR section is very high
- Topics on which RC passages are based: Abstract topics, Literature, Social and Economic issues; Science & Culture; history & fiction among others.
- There is no clear-cut definition of RC topics in the XAT exam syllabus. RC passage on any topic under the Sun can be placed in the XAT exam.
Part-3: XAT Exam 2023 Syllabus for Logical Reasoning (LR)
- Share of LR questions in the XAT syllabus is not very high. Usually, there are a few critical reasoning and a few LR-based questions in the XAT exam. All questions are of MCQ type.
- Topics covered in the XAT syllabus on which LR questions are based: Analogy, Clocks, calendars, Fact, Inference, Judgement, binary logic, seating arrangement, blood relations, logical sequence, assumption, premise, and conclusion among others.
Section-2: XAT 2023 Syllabus for Decision Making
Major Topics: Decision Making is a candidate’s problem or case-solving expertise. Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT) measures such skills broadly on the following topics:
- Conditions and Grouping Test;
- Data Arrangement Test;
- Complex Arrangement;
- Decision Making in a situation;
- Case lets
XAT Exam 2023 Syllabus for Data Interpretation (DI)
- Data Tables
- Data charts
- Bar diagrams
- Pie charts
- Data analysis and comparison
Section-4: XAT Exam Syllabus 2023 for GK
Major Topics Covered: Economics, finance, national and international current affairs are a few of the many topics on which questions are placed in this section in XAT exam.
- Economics, finance,
- National and International current affairs
- Conventional GK
- Constitution of India
- Company profiles, logos,
- Business & Economy
- Who’s who
- Books & Authors
- Capitals & Currencies
Section-5: XAT Exam Syllabus 2023 for Essay Writing Test
Major Topics for Essay Writing Test
Below are some of the past and expected XAT essay topics, which should be prepared and understood well
- Ethical Practices and Sustainability: Do they co-exist?
- Globalization and Jingoism always coexist
- Listening is a dying art. We hardly listen to understand. We only listen to refute or reply.
- The most beautiful thing can neither be seen nor be touched but can only be felt
- Corruption is the root cause of economic slowdown in India
- Earth provides enough to satisfy everybody’s need but not everybody’s greed
- Gender Imbalance would lead to Third World War
- Economic growth without environmental damage – a mirage or a reality
- India has one of the largest pools of talented manpower, but few innovations and patented products
- More than one billion Indians: A gigantic problem or a sea of opportunities
- National Education Policy (NEP) 2020 a good step
- Establishing Bad Bank to improve Economy
- Building Central Vista will improve India’s Global image
- Covid Pandemic derailed Economic growth
- Unity in Diversity is more relevant now in India
- Blues of Demonetization still haunt the economic growth
- Unless Agriculture is practiced as a business, it will not improve the face of Rural India
- The sensitivity of Sensex has nothing to do with economic growth
- Society bears the burn of terrorism which has no religion
- Democracy will lose meaning without social activism
- GST is no magic band to push faster economic growth
- Home buyers remain homeless, and no teeth are given to RERA
- Making business lobbying legal can reduce corruption
- Political interests and the Uniform civil code cannot go hand in hand
XAT 2023 Preparation Tips
This exam would not be easy due to its competition and the number of candidates appearing for it. The candidates should do a lot of hard work and also not miss out on the preparation tips for this exam as it will really help in acing this exam.
The XAT 2023 preparation tips are given below.
- Remember the exam pattern.
- You should start preparing the moment they get the syllabus to have enough time for revision.
- Plan your time accordingly so you do not miss out on any topic.
- Make a timetable to sort the syllabus and prepare each topic accordingly.
- Check previous year’s question papers and answer keys to understand what questions would be asked in the XAT exam.
- Start preparing for the exam on time so that you do not feel burdened before the exam.
- Get the best XAT books for better preparation.
- Revision is the key to scoring well so revise the topics.
- Solve mock tests and sample papers to analyze your preparation.
- Read the syllabus carefully to get the idea and ensure to not miss any topic from the syllabus as every topic is important.
- Give your best in the exam and be confident.
XAT 2023 Books
Books are the best way to prepare for XAT 2023 exams. Make sure you have the best from whBest Books for XAT Preparation: Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation.
Best Books for XAT Preparation: Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation
|Book Name||Author Name|
|Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations||RS Aggarwal|
|How to prepare for Data Interpretation||Arun Sharma|
|Quantitative Aptitude For Competitive Examinations||Abhijit Guha|
|Data Interpretation for the CAT||Nishit K Sinha|
Best Books for XAT Preparation: Decision Making
|Book Name||Author Name|
|Jabbing the XAT (with solved papers)||RK Jha|
|Analytical and Logical Reasoning||Arihant Publications|
|Target XAT (Past papers & mock tests)||Disha Publication|
Best Books for XAT Preparation: Verbal Ability & Logical Reasoning
|Book Name||Author Name|
|Word Power Made Easy||Norman Lewis|
|Analytical Reasoning||MK Pandey|
|A Modern Approach to Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning||RS Aggarwal|
|High School English Grammar & Composition||Wren & Martin|
|Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension||Ajay Singh|
XAT 2023 Admit Card
The admit card will only be available to candidates who would have filled out and paid the application form. The application form for XAT 2023 would be available on 24 December 2022.
The admit card for XAT 2023 would be released online on the official website only. All the candidates can download their admit cards and keep it with them for examination.
XAT 2023 Exam Center
The exam centers for XAT 2023 are given below:
|13||Bokaro Steel City||39||Kolkata||65||Tiruvallur|
XAT 2023 Answer Key
The official authority will release the answer key 2-3 days after the exam. The answer key is expected to be released around 10-11 January 2023. The answer key would be available online on the official website only.
The candidates who gave the XAT 2023 exam can only see and download the answers from the website. With the answer key, you can get an estimate of your result. The candidates can also challenge the answer key, and the final answer key would be released.
XAT 2023 Result
XAT exam results might be released before the result date announced on the website. So, the candidates can expect to get their XAT result before the given date. The result for XAT 2023 would be released online on the official website only.
You can download your admit card by entering your login details. Make sure you keep the result with you downloaded.
XAT 2023 Cut-Off
The cut-off for XAT 2023 is set by the conducting authority and the candidates have to score more than the cut-off marks to go for further process. The candidates will be shortlisted after the cut-off is released.
The cut-off would be announced immediately after the results are announced. Candidates can see the cut-offs online on the official website.
XAT 2023 Counseling
The counselling for XAT 2023 exam would begin in February- March 2023. The institutes participating would conduct the counseling after the result is announced.
- The candidates will have to register for XAT counselling 2023.
- The candidates will have to pay the fee for the course they selected.
- For each program, INR 300 is to be paid by the candidate.
Some steps are involved in XAT counselling:
- Group Discussion (GD)
- Personal Interview (PI)
- Once all these are completed, a final merit list of accepted candidates is displayed on the website.
- This is followed by document verification and final seat allotment.
Then the last stage of counselling will be the final seat allotment. The final seat allotment depends on the candidate’s overall performance and other selection rounds. Some documents are also required for candidates to bring for counselling.
- All academic scorecards (class 10, 12, & graduation level).
- XAT scorecard.
- XAT admit card.
- Original XAT counselling letter
- Bank draft as per the guidelines mentioned in the official brochure
- Caste certificate (if applicable)
- Medical documents
- 4-6 passport-size photographs in colour and black and white
Question:- How many questions would be asked in XAT 2023 exam?
Ans- 100 MCQs and 1 Descriptive question would be asked in XAT 2023.
Question:- What is the time duration of the XAT 2023 exam?
Ans- XAT 2023 exam would be conducted for 3 hours 10 mins.
Question:- How many marks would be allotted for the right answer in XAT 2023?
Ans- 1 Mark would be allotted for every right answer in XAT 2023.
Question:- Is there a negative marking in XAT 2023?
Ans- Yes, there is a negative marking in XAT 2023.
Question:- The application form for XAT 2023 would be released online or offline?
Ans- The application form for XAT 2023 would be released online only.
If you have any query regarding XAT 2023, you can leave your queries below in the comment box.
As a dedicated Biology Science graduate, I’m passionate about sharing the latest updates in national and state entrance exams through my blog. I aim to keep aspiring students informed about exam trends, important dates, and changes in syllabi. With a keen interest in education, I strive to offer valuable insights for students navigating the competitive landscape of entrance examinations and admission tests. Stay updated with me.