Latest Applications Open 2024:
TANCET 2023 MBA Provisional Allotment has been Released on 4th August 2023. CEETA PG 2023 Seat Allotment has been Released now. CEETA PG Online Registration has been Started on 3rd July 2023. Results have been Declared on 14th April 2023. The TANCET 2023 is an exam conducted by Anna University once a year. The TANCET 2023 exam will be conducted around the 4th week of March 2023. This exam is done to allow students to take admissions in colleges of Tamil Nadu.
This exam would be an online exam for courses in MBA, MCA, and many other master’s Degrees. TANCET 2023 is a state-level exam, and it is a very competitive exam, so the candidates should prepare thoroughly.
All the official notifications of TANCET 2023 will be released on the official website only. And all the other details are given below, so keep on reading.
TANCET 2023 Notification – Counselling Started
TANCET/CEETA 2023 Online Counselling has been Started on 3rd July 2023. Click Here to Check the Counselling Details.
TANCET 2023 Quick Links
Highlights of TANCET
|Exam Name||Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test|
|Organized by||Anna University, Chennai|
|Behalf of||The government of Tamil Nadu|
|Frequency||Once a year|
|Contact Help Desk||044-2220 0303|
|Courses Offered||M.E., M. Tech, MBA, MCA, M. Arch, M. Plan & MBA|
|Exam Score Validity||One year|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of Exam||Offline, Pen & Paper-Based Test|
|Exam Dates||26th March 2023 (M.E., M.Tech, M.Arch, M.Plan)|
25th March 2023 (MBA & MCA Course)
|Duration of Exam||2 hours|
|Type and Number of Questions||100 MCQ|
TANCET 2023 Important Dates
Dates are a significant part of the exam. It is the most awaited notification about an exam. The TANCET 2023 exam is expected to be conducted in the 4th week of March 2023, and all the other important dates related to TANCET 2023 exam are given in the table below:
Latest Applications For Various UG & PG Courses Open 2024
- Parul University | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- UPES Dehradun | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- Chandigarh University | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- LPU 2024 | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- IIAD, Delhi | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- GIBS, Bangalore | PGDM Applications Open. Package upto 15.5 LPA. Apply Now
- GNIOT, Greater Noida | Admissions Open for All Courses 2023. Apply Now
- Narayana Business School | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- The Design Village | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- IMS Ghaziabad UC Campus | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- KIIT School of Management | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
- KSRM | Admissions Open for All Courses 2024. Apply Now
|TANCET 2023 Official Notification||29th January 2023|
|TANCET 2023 Application form release date||1st February 2023|
|Last date to apply for the application form||28th February 2023|
|Last date to submit the fees for the Application Form||28th February 2023|
|TANCET 2023 Admit Card Release date||11th March 2023|
|TANCET 2023 Exam date||25th – 26th March 2023|
|TANCET 2023 Result announcement date||14th April 2023|
TANCET 2023 Application Form
Application Forms are the bridge to your examination. TANCET 2023 Application form will be released on the 4th week of January 2023. Make sure to note that the application form will only be released on the official website.
All the candidates are advised to fill in all the details of the application form correctly and with concentration, as any mistake can cause the application form cancellation. All the other information related to TANCET 2023 application form is given below:
- The application form will be available online on the official website only.
- The start date to submit the application form online is from 4th week of January 2023.
- The last date to submit the application form will be in February 2023.
- An applicant cannot fill out multiple application forms in any case.
- Candidates must upload all the mentioned documents in the online application form.
- Fill in your information very carefully to avoid any cancellations.
- Fill in your details, such as Name, Date of birth, and address, carefully to avoid rejection.
- Upload all your required documents very carefully, and should be in the prescribed format.
- Do not forget to note down your registration number, User ID, and Password.
- Candidates should take the printout of the application form after they have completed the process of filling it out the application form.
- Candidates will not have to send any hard copies.
The steps to registration for TANCET 2023 are given below:
- Visit the official website of TANCET 2023
- On the homepage, click the button “Admission”.
- Click on the “Apply now” link and click on the “Register” Button
- Fill out the registration form with all the correct details
- After filling in the details, pay the required fees.
- When done with all the steps, click the “Submit” button.
You must also submit some documents online along with the candidates’ details. Those documents are given in the table below:
|Passport Size Photograph of the Candidate||10th Certificate||12th Certificate|
|Graduation Degree||Signature of Candidate||Aadhar Card|
|Certificate for SC/ST||–||–|
TANCET 2023 Application Fees
After filling out the application form, the candidates must pay some amount as an application fee for the TANCET 2023 exam. The application fee is mandatory for all the applicants per the requirements set by the conducting body.
TANCET 2023 application fee is given in the table below. All the candidates are advised not to submit the application form without paying the fee, as it would be cancelled.
The application fee for TANCET 2023 can be paid in various ways:
- The Payment of the Application Fee for TANCET 2023 is made only online using Net Banking, debit, or credit card.
- After Submitting the fees, candidates should download the slip for future purposes.
TANCET 2023 Application Form Correction
To make any correction in the application form for TANCET 2023, the candidates will have to send an email to the TANCET authorities. The email must contain the document proving their correction. All the corrections for the TANCET 2023 application form are done online only.
The candidates are advised not to make any mistakes while filling out the application form to avoid the hassle of this step.
TANCET 2023 Eligibility Criteria
The conducting authorities set eligibility criteria, and all the candidates are advised to check the eligibility criteria before applying for the exam so that their application form does not get cancelled.
Eligibility criteria are the same for every candidate; all candidates must follow this criterion in any given case. The eligibility criteria for TANCET 2023 are given below:
The candidate must be an Indian citizen.
- Candidates must have passed Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics at the 12th level or in graduation from any recognized University or Board, securing at least 50% marks (45% marks for reserved category).
For M.E. /M.Tech /M. Arch /M. Plan:
- Candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, securing an aggregate of 50% marks (45% for reserved candidates) from a recognized board or university.
MCA (Lateral Entry):
- Candidate must have a Bachelor’s Degree of minimum the years of duration in BCA, B.Sc (Computer Science/ Information Technology) with Mathematics at 10+2 level or Graduate level with minimum 50% marks (45% for reserved category students)
- Candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree from any recognized board or university, securing a minimum of 50% marks (45% marks for reserved candidates).
GATE Score: Students can apply through GATE Scores without appearing for the entrance exam. However, candidates with valid Engineering Science & Life Sciences scores must appear for the test to get admission.
There is no Age Limit for applying for the TANCET 2023 Exam.
TANCET 2023 Exam Pattern
Exam pattern is one of the most critical information about the exam. All the candidates are requested to look at the exam pattern carefully before preparing to get an idea of the exam.
The TANCET 2023 exam pattern is given below:
- Mode of Examination: Offline
- Duration of Exam: 120 Minutes
- Negative marking: ⅓ marks would be deducted for every wrong answer
- Marking scheme: 1 mark will be allotted for every correct answer
- Question types: MCQs
- Total Marks: 100 Marks
- Language: English and Tamil
- No. of questions: For MBA/MCA: 100 questions, M.Tech/M.E/M.Arch/M.Plan: 115 questions
TANCET 2023 Syllabus
The syllabus is a vital part of the exam. A candidate’s results depend on how well the candidate has prepared the syllabus. You should start preparing for the exam, when you get the syllabus as this exam is very competitive.
The syllabus for TANCET 2023 exam is given below:
|.Tech, M.E., M.Arch, M.Plan||Engineering Mathematics: Numerical Methods, Applied Probability, Determinants and Matrices, Calculus and Differential Equations, Vector Calculus, Functions of Complex Variables and Complex Integration Transforms
Basic engineering and sciences: Physics, Material Science, Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Applied Mechanics, Mechanical Engineering, Computers, Chemistry
Group A(For Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Civil Engineering, Computer Science and Information Technology, Mechanical Engineering): Structural Engineering, Structural Analysis, Building Materials, Concrete Structures, Steel Structures, Soil Mechanics and Foundation Engineering, Algorithm Analysis and Design Techniques, Microprocessors and Microcontrollers, Digital Signal Processing, Computer Networks, Microprocessor and Microcontrollers, Mechanics, Kinetics and Dynamics, etc
Group B: Architecture, Agricultural and Irrigation Engineering, Biotechnology, Automobile Engineering, Aeronautical and Aerospace Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Earth Sciences, Geo-Informatics, Instrumentation, Electronics, and Control Engineering, Mathematics, etc
|MBA||Quantitative Aptitude: The Number System, HCF LCM, Percentages, Ratios, Averages, Simple & Compound Interest, Profit & Loss, Time Speed & Distance, Time & Work, Mixtures & Allegations, Quadratic Equations, Linear Equations, Logarithms, Series and Progressions, Binomial Theorem, Surds & Indices, etc.
Reading Comprehension & Verbal Ability: Grammar, Reading Comprehension, Synonyms, Antonyms, Fill in the blanks, Vocabulary, Sentence Corrections, Idioms, Cloze Test, etc. Data Sufficiency: Number Systems, Arithmetic Topics, and Algebra. Data Interpretation, etc.
|TANCET 2023 Preparation Books MCA||Analytical Reasoning & Logical Reasoning: Linear and Circular Arrangements, etc. Quantitative Ability: Number System, HCF LCM, Percentages, Ratios, Averages, Simple & Compound Interest, Profit & Loss, Time Speed & Distance, Time & Work, Mixtures & Allegations, Quadratic Equations, Linear Equations, Logarithms, etc.
Computer Awareness: Computer Hardware, Controls, Basic Terminology, Internet & Protocols, Network Basics, Computer Abbreviations, Security Tools, Shortcuts, History of Computer, etc. Logical Reasoning:
TANCET 2023 Preparation Tips
The TANCET 2023 exam is not easy, there is a lot of competition, and the question paper is also challenging. So, in this case, scoring good marks is not very easy. The candidates would require a lot of hard work.
But one thing that can make things easier for you are preparation tips. Preparation tips help the candidates to know what is best to do and how to do it. The preparation tips for TANCET 2023 are given below:
- Prepare the moment you get the syllabus and dates for the exam not to waste any time before the exam.
- Plan out your time accordingly so that you do not miss out on any essential topics from the syllabus, as every point is important, and you can make a timetable as well.
- Make sure to start preparing on time so you do not feel burdened.
- Revision is the key to acing this exam, so revise the topics as you cover them so you do not forget them.
- Revise thoroughly before exams at least once, as it will help you revise what you have learned in the syllabus.
- You can also make notes while studying for the exam to understand different topics better.
- Read the syllabus carefully to get the idea, and do not miss any points.
- Give your best and be confident in yourself.
TANCET 2023 Books
There are many different sources available for preparing for the exam. But books are the most efficient and readily available sources to prepare for the TANCET 2023 exam. The essential books for TANCET 2023 are given below, and all the candidates are advised to prepare well from these books.
|Course||TANCET Book Name||Author|
|MBA||The Pearson Guide to Quantitative Aptitude||Dinesh Khattar|
|Quantitative Aptitude||RS Aggarwal|
|Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning||Gautam Puri|
|Data Interpretation||Arun Sharma|
|Multi-Dimensional Reasoning||Mishra & Kumar Dr Lal|
|Business English and Communication||John O E Clark|
|Word Power Made Easy||Norman Lewis|
|Analytical Reasoning||MK Pandey|
|MCA||TANCET MCA Entrance Exam Preparation Book||VVK Subburaj|
|High-Speed System of Basic Arithmetic||Upkar Publication|
|Popular Master Guide MCA Entrance examination||R Gupta|
|A Complete Package for MCA Entrance Guide||Amit M Agarwal|
|M.Tech, M.E., M.Arch, M.Plan||TANCET for M.E./ MTech Exam Book||V.V.K Subburaj|
|TANCET ME Entrance||Amit Gupta|
TANCET 2023 Admit Card
After filling out the application form and paying the application fees, you will be eligible for the admit card. Those candidates will get access to admit cards, have filled out their application form correctly, and paid it.
The TANCET 2023 admit card will be released in the first week of March 2023. The admit card will only be available on the official website. All the candidates must download their admit card and take the printout to carry to the exam centre. If the candidate does not have the admit card, they will not be allowed to appear for the exam.
TANCET 2023 Exam Centre
Exam centres for TANCET 2023 are given in the table below:
TANCET 2023 Result
TANCET 2023 Result is expected to be released by the first week of April 2023. The candidates could only check the TANCET 2023 result on the official website.
All the candidates must fill in their login details like username and password, to get the result. After the results are announced on the official website, the official authorities will only release the cut-off on the official website.
TANCET 2023 Cut Off
Cut-off marks are the minimum marks that are set by the conducting authorities. The candidates appearing for the examination must score more than the minimum cut-off marks the conducting body sets.
The candidates who score more than the cut-off marks will be shortlisted for further counselling. Those shortlisted candidates would be up for different colleges and the courses provided by them. The TANCET 2023 expected cut-off can be seen in the tables below:
Expected cut-off for MBA
|Categories||Cut Off Marks|
Expected Cut Off for M.Tech/M.E/M.Plan/M.Arch
|Scores Obtained||Expected Ranks|
Expected Cut-Off for MCA
|Scored Obtained||Expected Ranks|
TANCET 2023 Counselling Procedure
Counselling is the last process to getting admission to a college. The candidates scoring more than the cut-off marks would be shortlisted for counselling. Those candidates would be called to choose their course and get admission per their ranks and scores.
The candidates must also take some documents for verification at the TANCET 2023 exam counselling. The documents to be carried for the counselling are given below:
- Class 10th Mark sheet
- Class 12th Mark sheet
- Graduation Mark sheet
- TANCET Scorecard
- Address proof
- Requisite fee in the form of D.D. or cash
- Caste certificate
- Domicile certificate
- Transfer certificate
- Passport-size photographs, etc.
Question:- TANCET 2023 exam would be conducted in how many languages?
Ans- The TANCET 2023 exam would only be in English and Tamil.
Question:- How many marks would be allotted for every correct answer, for instance, in the 2023 exam?
Ans- For every correct answer, one mark would be allotted.
Question:- The application for the TANCET 2023 exam would be available online or offline?
Ans- The application form for TANCET 2023 exam will be made available only on the official website.
Question:- How many total questions would be asked in the TANCET 2023 exam?
Ans- 100 questions will be asked in the TANCET 2023 exam.
Question:- What is the duration of the TANCET 2023 exam?
Ans- The duration of the TANCET 2023 exam is 120 minutes.
If you have more questions about TANCET 2023, you can write your queries in the comments box below.
As a dedicated Biology Science graduate, I’m passionate about sharing the latest updates in national and state entrance exams through my blog. I aim to keep aspiring students informed about exam trends, important dates, and changes in syllabi. With a keen interest in education, I strive to offer valuable insights for students navigating the competitive landscape of entrance examinations and admission tests. Stay updated with me.