Latest Applications Open 2024:
NID Entrance Exam 2023 Seat Allotment for B.Des has been released on 25th May 2023. DAT Prelims Result for B.Des has been Declared on 16th March 2023. DAT Prelims Result of M.Des Course has been declared on 28th February 2023. The National Institute of Design (NID) is one of the prominent and applauded institutions in design. The Institute is presently a statutory institute monitored by the DPIIT, Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Government of India.
The National level entrance exam is conducted annually to choose the most eligible aspirants for several UG and PG courses in the design field. This year, the Examination will be conducted in December 2022. The institute is essential; all interested and eligible candidates can apply for this two-tier exam.
Candidates need to appear and qualify Design Aptitude Test DAT (Prelims) and DAT (Mains). The competent authorities formulate a final merit list after the two stages of exams are complete. There are mainly three campuses of NID, namely Bengaluru, Gandhinagar, and Ahmedabad. The shortlisted candidates will be called for further admission procedure to NID. Read the article attentively to understand the eligibility criteria, application form, admit card, result, merit list, etc.
NID Entrance Exam 2023 Notification – Seat Allotment Released
NID Entrance Exam 2023 B.Des. 2023 DAT Mains Test Centre-City Selection Window has been Started on 3rd April 2023. Click Here to Check the Admission Details.
NID Entrance Exam 2023 Test Center Selection Schedule for B.Des. DAT Mains Studio Test has been released. Click Here to Check the Admission Details.
NID Entrance Exam 2023 DAT Prelims Result for B.Des has been Declared on 16th March 2023. Click Here to Check the Result Details.
NID Entrance Exam 2023 DAT Mains Admit Card has been available for M.Des Course. Click Here to Check the Admit Card Details.
Click Here to View Mains Exam Schedule.
NID Entrance Exam 2023 DAT Prelims Result of M.Des Course has been declared on 28th February 2023. Click Here to Check the Result Details.
NID Entrance Exam 2023 Exam Dates has been Announced now, the Examination was held on 8th January 2023 for Prelims. Click Here to Check Exam Dates Details.
NID 2023 Quick Links
NID 2023 Highlights
Candidates must have a good overview of an exam before proceeding with the detailed application procedure. The tabular representation will help you understand the exam’s crucial aspects. Let us have a look at the same.
|Name of the Examination||National Institute of Design Entrance Exam|
|Mode of Examination||Offline (Pen and Paper Mode)|
|Type of the Exam||UG & PG Courses|
|Level of Exam||National level|
|Exam Conducting Authority||National Institute of Design|
|Exam Dates||8th January 2023 (Prelims)|
|Duration of Exam||3 hours|
|Helpline Numbers||1744278100, 9815540044|
NID 2023 Important Dates
One must keep all the relevant dates in mind and plan the timetable for their preparation accordingly. The exam dates are tentative and the Conducting Authority reserves the right to alter them only under certain unavoidable circumstances.
Note down these exam dates for the NID entrance exam 2023 for B. Des and M. Des courses.
|B. Des Dates||M. Des Exam|
|Release of Official Notification||22nd October 2022||22nd October 2022|
|Starting Date of Online application forms||22nd October 2022||22nd October 2022|
|Last Date of submitting application forms||22nd December 2022||22nd December 2022|
|Last Date to submit the application forms with late fee||25th December 2022||25th December 2022|
|Correction Window/ Edit Option||25th – 27th December 2022||25th – 27th December 2022|
|Release of Admit Card (Prelims)||2nd January 2023||2nd January 2023|
|NID 2023 Exam Date (Prelims)||8th January 2023||8th January 2023|
|Release of the Result (Prelims)||16th March 2023||28th February 2023|
|DAT Prelims rechecking request||30th March – 1st April 2023||28th February – 2nd March 2023|
|Release of Admit Card (Mains)||14th April 2023||9th March 2023|
|Exam Date (Mains)||30th April 2023||20th March – 19th April 2023|
|Release of the Result (Mains)||18th May 2023||16th May 2023|
|Starting Date of Counseling||18th May 2023||16th May 2023|
|Last Date of Counseling||To be announced||To be announced|
NID 2023 Application Form
All interested candidates must complete the application form carefully and within the prescribed deadline. One must also grasp the essential information before filling out the application form. Here is the description of all the pertinent details related to the application form, and candidates are requested to understand each of them carefully.
- The mode of application is only online.
- The application forms will be available on the official website, and candidates need to visit the same to fill out the form.
- As mentioned above briefly, the application forms have been available from 22nd October 2022 and will likely continue till November 2022.
- Candidates need to submit a single form for the entrance exam. If a candidate is found to have filled multiple forms, then his or her application forms will be summarily rejected by the authorities.
- All interested candidates must review the eligibility rules before completing the application form. If the candidate is not eligible at any stage, he or she will be disqualified from the exam.
- Candidates must also gather certain information regarding the number of seats, reservation criteria, available exam centres, admit card details, and selection procedure before proceeding with the application form.
- Interested and eligible candidates must register on the official website for the examination and further admission process.
- For the registration process, candidates need to input their valid email ID and a working mobile number as the conducting authority will use the same for all the contacts in the future.
- Once a candidate is successfully registered, the login credentials will be sent to their registered email ID and mobile number.
- Candidates must fill out the application form correctly and must provide their details, educational qualifications, Educational Qualifications, Communication address, declarations, etc.
- All necessary and prescribed documents must be scanned clearly and uploaded in the specified dimensions.
- Candidates will also be provided with a correction window for the application, and if they commit inevitable mistakes somehow, they can edit the application form during that time. After that, there is no provision to make changes in the form.
- Candidates need to submit the required application fees for the final submission of their application form through online mode only.
- Take the printout of the confirmation page and the payment receipt for future reference.
- No need to send any hardcopy to the Department concerned.
NID 2023 Application Fee
The mode of submitting the application fee is online through several ways, such as credit cards, debit cards, Demand Draft, etc. Application forms will be rejected if the payment is not within the prescribed time limit.
The application fee differs for different categories, and candidates must pay accordingly. If paying through DD, it should be made in favour of “All India Management Association”. The application fees are non-refundable and non-transferable.
Here is the portrayal of the application fee that needs to be submitted for different courses. Do remember to use a secure internet connection.
|Courses||General category||OBC- NCL/SC/ST/PWD||Overseas (Supernumerary)|
|For B. Des.||Rs. 2000/-||Rs. 1000/-||Rs. 3000/-|
|For GDPD||Rs. 2000/-||Rs. 1000/-||Rs. 3000/-|
|M. Des (One discipline only)||Rs. 2000/-||Rs. 1000/-||Rs. 3000/-|
|M. Des. (Two disciplines)||Rs. 4000/-||Rs. 2000/-||Rs. 6000/-|
NID 2023 Application Form Correction
Candidates have the option to make specific changes in their application forms even after submitting it. If a candidate commits any error while filling the application form, then he or she can edit the application form when the correction window gets opened by the conducting authority.
The correction window will open after the last date of application form submission is over. Candidates are requested to keep these prime dates in mind. After the last date for correction, they cannot edit their application under any circumstances and the conducting authority will not entertain the excuses.
The exact dates of the correction of the form have not been published yet but will be released on the official website. Hence, it is a sincere request to all of you to keep visiting the official website and keep an eye on the latest updates related to the entrance exam. It would be better for each of you to review the instructions before filling out the application form and correcting it, if necessary.
NID 2023 Eligibility Criteria
The conducting authority finalizes the eligibility criteria for any exam. Candidates must go through all the eligibility conditions before filling out the form. If the authority finds the ineligibility of the candidate at any stage, then his or her application forms will be withdrawn.
The eligibility criteria describe the age limit, educational qualification, nationality of the candidate, etc. Candidates must possess these prerequisites if they are interested in the examination.
Let us discuss the eligibility conditions individually and comprehend them to avoid any mistakes. Here are details of the NID entrance exam 2023 eligibility criteria:
For B. Des Program
Nationality of the Candidate: A Candidate can be of either Indian nationality or foreign nationality.
Candidates who fulfil the age limit criteria can only apply for the exam. Age is significant to consider for the entrance exam. Candidates who belong to the reserved categories enjoy certain age relaxation benefits that have been described for you below.
- All the candidates of Indian Nationality belonging to the General Category born on or after 1st July 2003 are only eligible to apply for the exam.
- All the candidates of the Indian Nationality belonging to the Economically Weaker Sections born on or after 1st July 2003 are only eligible to apply for the exam.
- The Indian national candidates who belong to reserved categories of PWD have certain age relaxation and candidates born on or after 1st July 1998 are eligible to apply for the exam.
- Only those born on or after 1st July 2000 can apply for the exam under Indian national candidates who belong to the reserved categories of OBC-NCL, Scheduled Tribe, and Scheduled Caste.
- In the case of foreign nationals in the overseas category, only those candidates who are born on or after 1st July 2003 are eligible to apply for the exam.
Candidates need to possess certain educational qualifications to be eligible for the exam. The basic educational qualification is described as follows:
- Candidates interested in applying must have passed or are appearing in the higher secondary (10+2) examination in any stream such as science, commerce, and humanities or others from an accredited institution or recognized board or university.
For M. Des Program
Nationality of the Candidate: A candidate who belongs to India or any foreign country can apply for the exam.
The age rules for PG level or M. Des programs are somewhat different from UG level or B. Des programs. Hence, we are going to discuss in somewhat detail.
- Firstly, in General, Category Indian nationals, candidates born on or after 1st July 1993 are eligible for the examination.
- Regarding Economically Weaker Sections, Indian nationals, candidates born on or after 1st July 1993, are eligible for the examination.
- Candidates who belong to the PWD category and are Indian nationals can apply if they are born on or after 1st July 1988.
- Candidates of Indian nationality and are OBC-NCL, Scheduled Caste or Scheduled Tribe are eligible to apply if they are born on or after 1st July 1990.
- Regarding foreign nationals overseas, candidates can apply if they are born on or after 1st July 1993.
These are some of the key educational qualifications that are mandatory for all the candidates who aspire to apply for this particular exam.
- All interested candidates must possess a full-time diploma for 4 years in Design, Applied Arts, Fine Arts, and Architecture. They must have passed Higher Secondary or its equivalent from a recognized institute or university.
- Candidates must possess a degree in Bachelor in any stream of 3 years from a recognized board or university.
- Candidates must possess a degree in Bachelor in any stream of 4 years from any recognized board or university by law in India.
NID 2023 Exam Pattern
Any candidate must have comprehensive knowledge of the exam pattern if he or she wishes to crack the exam with flying colours. The conducting authority formulates the exam pattern and shapes the candidates’ preparation strategy. The exam pattern for NID 2023 is as follows:
- Mode of Examination: The examination will be conducted offline (Pen and Paper mode).
- Duration of the Examination: The total exam duration will be 3 hours.
- Language of the Examination: The prescribed language of the exam will be English.
- Marking Scheme: The paper will be 100 marks.
- Negative Marking: There is no negative marking in the examination.
- Type of Questions: The paper comprises textual and visual type of questions.
- Studio Test: A studio test is conducted for the Mains exam of M. Des DAT. The mark allotted is 100, and the duration is 3 hours.
Interview: This is the final stage for qualified candidates after the studio test.
NID 2023 Syllabus
The conducting authority develops the syllabus, and candidates must go through all the topics to ensure they are fully prepared for the exam. A syllabus is the first step to preparing for any exam.
There is a wide range of topics that are covered under the NID Entrance Exam and they have been displayed below:-
NID 2023 Preparation Tips
Candidates must prepare a viable strategy to succeed in the exam. Some of the most prominent tips are listed below for you, and it is highly recommended for all of you to follow these. The preparation tips help analyse the candidates’ strengths and weaknesses and how much they are ready for the exam.
- Understand the syllabus clearly, along with the exam structure.
- Deep knowledge of exam patterns will help you to achieve great endeavours.
- Practice more and more and focus on tough topics regularly.
- Always read newspapers and magazines to be better aware of the surroundings.
- Go through the previous year’s question papers to better understand the exam.
- Revise the topics timely to avoid forgetting.
- Choose the aptest books for your strategy and preparation.
- Keep in mind to check the previous year’s question papers. That will help you to check your preparation level.
- Keep solving the latest mock tests and keep analyzing them.
- Keep revising the topics.
- Be calm and give your exam.
- Make a routine and follow the same
NID 2023 Books
Here is the list of books that can help you shape your correct preparation. You can choose your book from the sets mentioned below or any other book per your convenience and interest.
Make your Decisions wisely as it is a matter of your career. Don’t forget to practice mock tests apart from studying books.
|Name of the Subject||Publisher|
|NID DAT Book (Aptitude Section)||R.S Aggarwal|
|Design Drawing||Francis DK Ching|
|NID B. Des Mock Tests/ Guide||–|
|Basic Rendering||Robert W. Gill|
|Success Master||NID Entrance Examination|
NID 2023 Admit Card
Admit cards, commonly referred to as hall tickets, are released for those candidates whose application forms are accepted by the authorities after their furnished details are found to be correct. Candidates can download the admit card from the official website as and when it is released.
In NID 2023, the admit cards will be published only online. The tentative date for the release of admit cards is December 2022 for the prelim exam. The admit card will be released separately for different levels.
Candidates must remember that admit cards will not be sent through postal means or any other means. One can input the login credentials on the official website and download one’s admit card, which will provide information regarding the exam date, venue of the exam, the shift of the exam, and general instructions. The admit card for DAT Mains will be tentatively released in June 2023.
In case of any discrepancy, candidates must contact the authorities using the helpline numbers provided above or you can email them too. Keep checking the official website for the details.
NID 2023 Answer Key
Answer keys are released after the successful completion of all the levels. Answer keys are released only for objective-type papers, and candidates can check their raw scores and chances of selection through the answer keys.
This year’s answer keys for NID DAT will be published only online. The answer keys will be available along with all the sets of question papers for the benefit and ease of candidates.
Candidates can raise objections to the wrong answer only after valid proof and the amount for the challenge. Candidates can know the future results with the help of the answer keys.
NID 2023 Exam Centers
Some of the exam centres where the NID will conduct the exam are as follows. Candidates can choose the exam centre as per their convenience, but the authorities reserve the right to allot any exam center as available.
NID 2023 Result
The results of the exam will be available on the official website in online mode. As of now, the result for DAT Prelims will be published in May 2023 tentatively. Candidates must access the official website to check the results using their login credentials.
All those candidates who qualify for the Prelims will be allowed to proceed further and then a final result will be published by the authorities, most likely in July 2023. The final result is prepared based on marks acquired by the candidates in Prelims and Mains, and then further admission is made.
NID 2023 Cutoffs
Cut-offs are finalized by the authorities based on several aspects, such as the number of candidates, the difficulty of the exam, reasonable attempts, normalization, accuracy, etc. It varies for different categories. Here is the representation of different qualifying percentile marks required by different categories.
|Name of the Category||Percentile Marks|
NID 2023 Merit List
The merit list is the final list of the selected and recommended candidates for admission and is released only online. Only those candidates who will pass prelims and mains can secure a seat on the different campuses.
A merit list is prepared after considering the reservation rules and therefore, it has cut-offs based on the categories.
NID 2023 Admission Process
Those candidates who qualify for the DAT Prelims and DAT Mains and are successful in securing their name in the merit list will be offered admission to the institute for which the candidates need to carry certain documents with them.
The admission will be finalized after the document verification and when the candidate is able to pay full admission fees before the deadline in order to confirm their seat. Failing to do so will lead to their rejection.
Some of the documents that are required to be carried for admission purposes are as follows:
- Degree and mark sheet of class 10th
- Degree and mark sheet of class 12th
- Degree and mark sheet of Graduation (if applicable)
- Valid identity proof (Aadhar Card, Pan Card, Passport, Driving License)
- Application Forms in printed format
- Admit card and scorecard
- Caste certificate
- NRI certificate (if applicable)
- PWD certificate (if applicable)
Question:- What is the mode of the exam?
Ans- The exam will be conducted only in pen and paper mode.
Question:- Is there any negative marking in the exam?
Ans- As per the latest information, the exam has no negative marking.
Question:- Can I submit the application form offline mode?
Ans- No, application forms must be submitted through online mode only.
Question:- What is the duration of the exam?
Ans- The duration of the exam is 3 hours.
If you have any query regarding NID Entrance Exam 2023, you can leave your queries below in the comment box.
As a dedicated Biology Science graduate, I’m passionate about sharing the latest updates in national and state entrance exams through my blog. I aim to keep aspiring students informed about exam trends, important dates, and changes in syllabi. With a keen interest in education, I strive to offer valuable insights for students navigating the competitive landscape of entrance examinations and admission tests. Stay updated with me.