UPSC MCQs Quiz 15: Indian Economy with answers
1. Which one of the following goals is not the goal included in the Millennium Development Goal of United Nations?
- To halve the people of the world living with hunger
- To halve the proportion of the world’s people living below $ 2.5
- To halve the proportion of the world’s people without access to safe drinking water ¦
- To achieve gender equality in access to education
2. Who presented the first Union Budget of Independent India?
- Morarji Desai
- John Mathai
- RK Shanmukham Chetty
- NK Chanda
3. Which one of the following maintains the Rural Infrastruture Development Fund established in 1995-96?
- Reserve Bank of India
- State Bank of India
- Regional Rural Banks
- National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development
4. Which one of the following is related witti Bharat Nirman Scheme?
- Foodgram production self sufficiency
- family welfare programme
- infrastructure development
- Employment generation programme
5. Among other things, which one of the following was the purpose for whicl Deepak Parekh Committee was constituted?
For Hindi Version of IAS Paper Website http://www.ias.net.in/hindi Click here to visit
- To study the current socio-economii conditions of certain minorit communities
- To suggest measures for financini the development of infrastructure
- To frame a policy on the geneticall; modified organisms
- To suggest measures to reduce th< fiscal deficit in the Union budget
6. Which one of the following ports is not the major port of India?
- Port Blair Port
- None of the above
7. Which one of the following is the most appropriate method to measure the economic growth of a country?
- National Income
- Net National Produce
- Gross Capital Formation
- Gross Domestic Product
8. In 1980s, Indian economy was in the process of the Hindu rate of growth. Which one of the following is associated with the Hindu rate of growth?
- Population growth rate
- Growth rate of Naxalism
- Growth rate of foodgrain production
- Growth rate of Gross Domestic Product
9. In which of the following types of the economy are the factors of production owned individually?
- Both ‘a’ and ‘b’
10. Who was the Chairman of the Sixth Pay Commission established by Indian Government?
- C Bangar
- BN Srikrishna
- C Rangarajan
- None of these
- 1. (b)
- 2. (c)
- 3. (d)
- 4. (c)
- 5. (b)
- 6. (d)
- 7. (d)
- 8. (d)
- 9. (b)
- 10. (b)