AMU 2018: Application Form, Exam Dates, Syllabus, Admission, Pattern
AMU 2018 Application Form has been released now.AMU is referred as Aligarh Muslim University which is popularly known as Premier Central University situated in the middle of Doab, Aligarh. Admission will be given to candidates on the basis of candidate’s performance in the entrance examination.
University conduct exams for candidate to give opportunity to entrance examination for several courses that include B.Sc (Hons.), B.Com (Hons.), BA (Hons.), B.Tech, B.Arch, MBA, MBA (IB), PG Diploma in Islamic Banking & Finance, B.Ed, BA LLB, Diploma in Engineering, Senior Secondary School Certificate (Science Stream), Senior Secondary School Certificate (Humanities & Commerce Streams). Through NEET score candidate will get admission into MBBS & BDS course. Different courses have different fees.
Candidates seeking admission to Aligarh Muslim University can check the detail of Application Form, Eligibility, Syllabus, Admit Card, Result Exams Pattern and Dates Etc.
AMU 2018 Notification – Application Form Released
AMU 2018 Notification & Application Form has been released now from 6th February 2018.Check here for application form details.
Click here to check AMU 2018 Information Bulletin.
AMU 2018 Exam Dates have been revised now for various courses.Click here for exam dates details.
Note: Guide to Admissions 2018-19 and other released materials will be uploaded in January 2018.
AMU Exam Dates
Candidate is provided AMU Exams Dates which will help in studies. Candidates applying should know AMU exams Application Fee, Last Date, Test Date etc. For better understanding candidates are provided scheduled.The details regarding AMU Exam dates for each course are mentioned below:
AMU conducts various entrance exams for each course of study. The application form will be released in the month of January 2018. Here, students can check AMU exam dates 2018 (Official) for various courses:
|Courses||Last date for submission of application form||Exam Dates (Revised)|
|B.Sc/B.Com (Hons.)||8th March 2018||15th April 2018|
|B.Tech||8th March 2018||13th May 2018|
|MBA/MBA (IB)/ P.G. Diploma in Islamic Banking & Finance||8th March 2018||27th May 2018|
|B.Ed.||8th March 2018||28th May 2018|
|B.A.LL.B.||8th March 2018||28th May 2018|
|Senior Secondary School Certificate (Science Stream)||8th March 2018||29th April 2018|
|Diploma in Engineering||8th March 2018||29th April 2018|
|Senior Secondary School Certificate (Humanities & Commerce Streams)||8th March 2018||29th April 2018|
For Other Courses:
|Courses||Last Date||Test Date|
|B.Arch||8th March 2018||13th May 2018|
Paper 1 (Same for B.Tech): 10:00 AM
Paper 2: 3:00 PM
|Diploma in General Nursing & Midwifery||8th March 2018||22 April 2018 (4:00 PM)|
|B.Sc. (Hons.) Home Science||8th March 2018||15th April 2018 (10:00 AM)|
|B.Com (Hons.)||8th March 2018||15th April 2018 (10:00 AM)|
|BA (Hons.)||8th March 2018||15th April 2018 (4:00 PM)|
|B.Arch||8th March 2018||13th May 2018 (3:00 PM)|
|M.Sc (Biotechnology)||8th March 2018||31st May 2018 (10:00 AM)|
|MBA /MBA (IB)/PG Diploma in Islamic Banking & Finance||8th March 2018||27th May 2018 (10:00 AM)|
|B.Ed||8th March 2018||28th May 2018 (10:00 AM)|
|BA (Hons.)Foreign Languages||8th March 2018||16th April 2018 (4:00 PM)|
|BA LLB||8th March 2018||28th May 2018 (10:00 AM)|
|SSSC (Science Stream) & Diploma in Engineering||8th March 2018||29th April 2018 (10:00 AM)|
|SSSC (Humanities & Commerce Streams)||8th March 2018||29th April 2018 (4:00 PM)|
|MFM/ MTTM||8th March 2018||30th May 2018 (10:00 AM)|
|Diploma Courses through CET||8th March 2018||22nd April 2018 (10:00 AM)|
|BE (Evening)||8th March 2018||2nd June 2018 (10:00 AM)|
|MCA||8th March 2018||1st June 2018 (10:00 AM)|
|MA (Mass Communication)||8th March 2018||2nd June 2018 (10:00 AM)|
|B.Lib.I.Sc.||8th March 2018||4th June 2018 (10:00 AM)|
|MSW||8th March 2018||5th June 2018 (2:00 PM)|
|Pre-Tib (leading to BUMS)||–||–|
|MBBS/BDS||8th March 2018||Through NEET but only candidates who will register Online will be considered for Admission.|
|MD/MS/ PG Diplom Courses||February 2018||Through NEET but only candidates who will register Online will be considered for Admission.|
|MDS||February 2018||Through NEET but only candidates who will register Online will be considered for Admission.|
AMU Application Form 2018
Candidates can check AMU application form on official portal of University. The application form will be available from May until June after the due date application will be not accepted. Candidates can fill application through online mode.
If the candidate wants to fill application offline mode, he/she have to download it and then fill it manually. For the application, a candidate has to pay Rs.100/-. Candidates should fill correct detail in an application in the given format.
AMU will release the separate application form for each course. AMU Application form will be released for various UG/PG and Ph.D. courses.
Below is given application form related detail:
- The AMU application form will be released online for some of the AMU courses while for some of the courses the application form will be released via offline mode.
- Online application form can be filled through the official website of AMU.
- To fill the application form via offline mode, Firstly candidates have to download it and then fill it manually.
- AMU application form 2018 will be released in the month of January 2018 tentatively.
- Candidates can fill the same application form for the courses for which entrance exam will be held on the same day like B.Tech & B.Arch but in such case, the additional fee of Rs.100/- will be charged.
- Candidates must ensure that all the details filled in the application form should be correct.
- Applicants of Test Courses have to send the printout of the duly filled in Application Form along with the relevant documents to the address given below
Candidate has to pay application fees as courses application fees wise. The different courses have different application form fees. Candidate can pay through the online medium, via Net Banking, Credit Card/Debit Card etc. Once candidates pay application fees or remit by any bank it will not be refunded back.
For understanding, candidates are provided scheduled which define different courses and application fees such as B.Tech, B.Tech & B.Arch, MCA, M.S.W, S.S.S.C. (Science), S.S.S.C. (Humanities & Commerce), B.Ed etc.
Details of application fee are given below:
|B.Tech & B.Arch||600/-|
|S.S.S.C. (Humanities & Commerce)||400/-|
|Diploma in Engineering||400/-|
|M.A. Mass Comm.||300/-|
|Master of Agribusiness Management||300/-|
Modes of Payment:
There are 3 modes available for application fee payment. Through online, bank challan, a bank of demand draft Candidates can pay application fees.
Below are given 3 modes of online payment:
- Online Payment –By Net Banking or Credit Card/Debit Card.
- Bank Challan –Fee can be submitted through ICICI or Canara Bank challan.
- Bank Demand Draft –DD should be drawn in the favour of “Finance Officer” payable at Aligarh.
Candidates must know about AMU eligibility criteria as if fail to know candidate may face difficulty at the time of admission processes. In the schedule, candidates are provided criteria of courses B.Tech/B.Arch, B.A.LL.B., MBA, B.A. (Hons.), B.Sc. (Hons.), B.Ed etc.
AMU Admission eligibility criteria for various courses are given below:
|B.Tech/B.Arch||· Senior Secondary School Certificate or its equivalent examination passed/appearing from this University or any other recognized Board with English, Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.|
· Candidates have to secure at least 50% aggregate marks in the aforesaid subjects.
· Diploma in Engineering holders who have secured 50% marks in aggregate is also eligible for both the courses.
|B.A.LL.B.||· Pass in Senior Secondary School Certificate or an equivalent examination with 50% aggregate marks.|
· Age of the candidate should be more than 22 years as on 1st July of the year of admission.
|MBA||· Bachelor’s degree passed with 50% aggregate marks from a recognized institution.|
|B.A. (Hons.)||· The prescribed qualification for admission to this course is Senior Secondary School Certificate or its equivalent examination passed with 45% aggregate marks in English and in any three subjects from Accountancy, Arabic, Banking, Biology, Biotechnology, Business Organization, Business Studies, Chemistry, Commerce, Computer Science, Economics, English, Fine Arts, Geography, Hindi, History, Home Science, Islamic Studies, Mathematics, Persian, Philosophy, Physical Health Education, Physics, Political Science/Civics, Psychology, Sanskrit, Sociology, Urdu and Modern Indian Languages.|
|B.Sc. (Hons.)||· The qualification required to apply for this course is Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination or its equivalent examination passed from a recognized institution by securing 55% aggregate marks in English, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology.|
|B.Ed||· The qualifying examination is B.A./B.Sc./B.Com./B.Th passed with 50% aggregate marks or master’s degree in Science / Social Sciences / Humanities, Bachelor in|
· Engineering & Technology with 55% aggregate marks.
|Diploma in Engineering||· Secondary School Certificate of this University or an equivalent examination with minimum 45% aggregate marks in English, Maths, and Science.|
· Higher examination passed with minimum 45% aggregate marks in English, Physics, Chemistry, and Maths.
· Age of the candidate should be less than 21 years as on 31st December 2018.
AMU Exam Pattern
Candidates are provided courses wise exams pattern. Exam mode will be offline(PBT) paper based test. In exams, language medium will be English. The different section is set for different subject and question in the paper will be objective type.
Candidate will be given 3 hours only to complete paper as per the rule and regulation no extra time will be given to any candidates. Below is given detail of courses exam pattern and maximum marks etc of B.Sc. (Hons.), B.A. (Hons.), B.Com. (Hons.), etc.
- Number of Questions: The number of questions for each entrance exams is different.
- Type of Questions: The question paper of AMU for various entrance exams are of objective type.
- Exam Medium: The medium of question paper will be English.
- Subjects:Each course will contain different sections.
- Mode of Exam: The exam mode will be offline (PBT).
- Exam Duration: For some of the exams, the duration will be 2 hours while some examination has the duration of 3 hours.
- Negative Marking: There are some examinations in which there is always negative marking like B.Tech, B.Arch. Also, there is no provision of negative marking for some of its papers.
|B.Sc. (Hons.)||English||25 marks|
|B.A. (Hons.)||English||25 marks|
|Indo-Islamic Culture and Aligarh Movement||25 marks|
|General Awareness and Current Affairs||40 marks|
|Reasoning and Intelligence||10 marks|
|B.Com. (Hons.)||English||25 marks|
|Business Studies||15 marks|
|Elementary Mathematics & Statistics||10 marks|
|Reasoning & Numerical Ability||10 marks|
|General Awareness||10 marks|
|MBA/MBA (IB)/PG Diploma in Islamic Banking & Finance||Environmental Awareness||40 marks|
|Quantitative and Numerical Ability||40 marks|
|Comprehension and Verbal|
|Reasoning and Intelligence||40 marks|
|Data Analysis and Interpretation||40 marks|
|General English||25 marks|
|Teaching Aptitude||25 marks|
|Current Educational Affairs||25 marks|
|B.A.LL.B.||General English||100 marks|
|Current Affairs/General Knowledge (with emphasis on legal issues)|
|Reasoning and Aptitude|
|Diploma in Engineering||Science (Physics and Chemistry)||40 Marks|
|General Knowledge||10 Marks|
|Indo-Islamic Culture||10 Marks|
|S.S.S.C (Science Stream)||Science (Physics, Chemistry and Life Science)||50 Marks|
|General Knowledge||10 Marks|
|Indo-Islamic Culture||10 Marks|
|S.S.S.C (Commerce/Humanities Stream)||Social Studies (Civics, Economics, History and Geography)||60 Marks|
|General Knowledge||10 Marks|
|Indo-Islamic Culture||10 Marks|
AMU Admit Card
Candidate can download AMU admit card through online, official portal of the university. Admit card/ hall ticket is a mandatory document it contains candidates detail like candidate name, roll number, address, seat number, and centres etc.
It is candidates responsibility to keep it safe if candidate miss-placed or lost it candidates will not allow top write the paper in exams center. Keep Hall ticket/ Admit cards printed copies for further use.
Candidate can download admit card from the website who have successfully submitted the application. Candidates have to upload/paste the recent passport size photograph on the downloaded admit card. The admit card for departmental courses will be issued by authority one or two days before the examination and will be collected from the office where application form has been submitted.
- Admit card will be released via online mode.
- All the applicants can download their AMU 2018 admit card from the University website.
- Most probably, the admit card will be available before 2 weeks of the entrance exam.
The result of AMU exams will be released through the online website in the month of may/June. Candidate can download AMU result through online, official portal. Candidate can see the result by typing detail of candidate in an official website if a candidate has the type incorrect detail page will show error. For correct page, candidates have to type correct detail.
- AMU result will be displayed on the notice board of concerned faculty/college/centre/proctor’s office/controller’s website.
- It is expected that the result will be announced in the month of May/June 2018.
AMU Answer key
Answer key will be soon released after the examination. Candidate can download answer key through an online official portal of university. This will help candidates to estimate their marks with cut-off marks of previous year cut-off marks to know, whether they will be able to qualify the exams or not. This will help you to know your performance in exams and you can select different college and courses for admission.
Candidate has to score above given cut-off marks on that basis candidates will be given admission to UG & PG courses in University. Different courses have different cut-off marks. AMU merit list will be prepared on the basis of cut-off marks.
Every year’s College and University change cut-off marks according to various factors such as a total number of candidates appeared in the entrance exam, a total number of candidates qualified the exam, the difficulty level of exam, the number of seats, etc.
After the cut-off marks released merit list will be prepared. Merit list will be prepared on the basis of cut-off marks of different courses. Candidates have to score good marks in entrance examination.
Candidates want more detail to have to download counselling letter from an official website. Candidates have to face two round GD/Interview will be selected for admission. The candidate has to submit all original document like mark sheet of the qualifying examination, character certificate and migration certificate etc at the time of admission in AMU.
- For admission to courses in respective faculty, it is necessary for the candidates to attend the counselling in person.
- The list of candidates shortlisted for counselling will be displayed on the notice board of concerned faculty/college/centre/proctor’s office/controller’s website.
- Merit list for some of the courses will be prepared after considering candidate’s performance in written test & interview (wherever applicable).
- Seats will be allotted to the candidates on the basis of merit obtained in the entrance test.
Rather than preferring digest, unique prefer text book because most of the question is asked from textbook not fro digest etc. Before preparing for exams take a look at given syllabus, exams dates, and pattern etc this will help candidates in studies.
Each course has a different syllabus. The B.Tech syllabus is basically of 12th standard. The syllabus for B.Arch contains hand sketching of scenes, Design & Drawing of Greeting Cards, book cover design, hoardings, logos, etc.
Candidates are advised to write the question which you know very well after that write confusing question this will save your time to write other question and to complete paper on time.
Aligarh Muslim University does not specify any AMU law entrance exam syllabus for BA LLB and LLM course admissions at the University. However, AMU Law Entrance exam will contain questions from the following subjects:
|AMU Law Entrance Exam Syllabus for BA LLB Course|
|Questions in this section will mainly be from topics such as grammar, reading comprehension, synonyms, antonyms, vocabulary, etc.|
General Knowledge/ Current Affairs
|Questions in this section will be based on legal issues in India, informs the official website. Besides, other questions can be based on topics such as current affairs in India, eminent personalities, awards, etc.|
Reasoning & Aptitude
|This section can include questions on topics such as critical reasoning, analogy, blood relations, series, etc.|
AMU Law Entrance Exam Syllabus for LLM Course
There is no prescribed syllabus for AMU law entrance exam for LLM course admissions. However, questions in the entrance test will be of LLB/ BA LLB standard, informs the official website.
AMU Preparation Tips
Check the preparation tips to crack the AMU entrance exam:
- Start your study by following a proper study time table.
- Students are advised to collect syllabus and exam pattern for the desired course before starting preparation.
- Time management is very important. Manage your time in such a way so that you can get enough time for preparing all the topics.
- Motivate yourself by practising previous years question papers. It helps you to understand your weak points.
- Refer right study materials for preparation.