BITS MCA 2018 First Provisional Selection List is releasing on 18th June 2018. BITS MCA Entrance Exam (BITS MCA 2018) is a University level exam which is conducted by the Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra. The BITS MCA is also referred as Birla Institute of Technology Master in Computer Applications. This Entrance Exam is a university level examination which is organized by the Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra. The main aim is to provide admission to candidates in the first year of full-time Master in Computer Application (MCA) programmes.
There are various campuses of BITS like Mesra, Jaipur, Noida and Lalpur etc offers the first year of full-time Master in Computer Application (MCA) programmes. Admission will be given on the basis of the performance of the candidates in BIT Mesra MCA Entrance Test. Every year’s lakhs of candidates take admission in BITS MCA entrance exams. Everybody knows there is a limited number of seat available for students and competition among students is very high.
Students are Provided BITS MCA Exam Dates, Application Form, Eligibility Criteria, Exam Pattern, Exams dates, Result, and syllabus Etc. related necessary information is given below:
BITS MCA Notifications – Provisional List on 18th June
BITS MCA 2018 First Provisional Selection List is releasing on 18th June 2018. The link will be given here.
Click here to view BITS MCA 2018 Information Brochure.
BITS MCA 2018 Admit Card has been released from 24th May 2018. Click here to get admit card.
BITS MCA 2018 Exam Date has been announced now. The examination will be conducted on 3rd June 2018. Click here to view notice.
BITS MCA Exam Dates 2018
Here, candidates are provided BITS MCA events & exams dates. Events such as Online application form release, Last date to submit the online application, Last date for receipt of printed application at BIT, Admit card available, Exam date etc. Candidates are suggested to check day to day updates related to BITS MCA exams.
BITS MCA Exam Dates 2018
BITS MCA 2018 exam dates are listed in the below table:
|Online application starts||1st March 2018|
|Last date to apply online||11th May 2018 (Extended)|
|Last date of receipt of completed application form at Mesra||12th May 2018 (Extended)|
|Admit card availability||24th May 2018|
|Date of online test||3rd June 2018|
|Result Publication||18th June 2018|
|Classes commenced||July 2018|
BITS MCA 2018 Result
BITS MCA 2018 Result will be published on 18th June 2018.Authority will publish the result on online mode only. Candidates appeared BITS MCA can check their result on official portal. The result will be published on the Third week of June. Candidates have to visit the website and have to enter his/her detail like name, seat number etc detail. Type correct detail in page website if candidate type wrong detail page will show the error so, for correct page type correct detail on the website.
Candidate can save the page in laptop/computer or can take the screenshot from the phone. Keep printed copies of result for further admission process. Admission will be provided to the candidate on the various campuses of Birla Institute of Technology on the basis of candidates score marks in entrance exams.
BITS MCA Admit Card 2018
Candidate can download the admit card through online mode. Authority will publish admit card on official portal. BITS MCA 2018 Admit card is available on 24th May 2018. Candidate can download the admit cards from the official portal by entering their Name, Date of Birth and Form Number. Candidates who successfully submitted their application can only download their admit cards. Registered candidates will be only sent by post/email.
Candidates are suggested to keep printed copies of Admit cards for further use. Admit card contains candidates related detail like roll number seat number, center, name and address etc. Candidates have to carry their admit card in examination hall if the candidate didn’t bring admit cards candidates will be not allowed to attain exam. It’s a candidate’s responsibility to keep safe their hall ticket till the completion of exams.
BITS MCA Application Form 2018
Candidates can get application form of BITS MCA in online mode. The online Application form will be available from 2nd week of March and the Last date to submit the online application will be Last week of April. Candidates who are filling application form are suggested to read form clearly and write all detail as given in format. Application form of BITS MCA will not be sent by any authority or post. Candidate of BITS MCA has to upload the scanned images of photograph, signature and right-hand thumb impression.
After reading the prospectus carefully, candidates can fill the BITS MCA application form 2018:
- BITS MCA 2018 Result will be published on 18th June 2018.
- Candidates have to fill the application form online.
- Candidates have to create the username and password which will be confidential.
- Fill all the required details.
- After the due date, no application form will be accepted.
- The filled-in application form must be sent along with required enclosures in an A4 size envelope by Speed post/courier to the following address:
Dean, Admissions & Academic coordination,
Birla Institute of Technology,
- Write “Application for MCA-2018” on the top of the envelope.
Click here to view Instructions to fill the Application.
Candidates are suggested to keep printed copies of filled application form for further use. Through State Bank Collect (any nationalized bank) Candidates can pay BITS MCA application form fees. Once it is paid by candidates it will not be refunded back to candidates. According to the category, wise candidates have to fill application form fees.
General/OBC Candidates have to pay the application fee of Rs.2500/- for general/OBC and SC/ST categories candidates have to pay Rs.1500/- for the application. Candidates who submitted their application by online mode have to send the printed application along with required documents to the address mentioned below:
Dean, Admissions & Academic Coordination,
Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra,
Ranchi – 835215
- Candidates have to pay the application fee through State Bank Collect (any nationalized bank).
- Candidates have to pay Rs. 2,500/- for (General/OBC).
- For SC/ST candidates, the application fee is Rs. 1,500/-.
- The fee is non-refundable
Click here to check the List of Encloses to be attached with Application.
How to Apply for BITS MCA Entrance Exam:-
- Contenders have to visit the official link that is given above.
- Click on MCA Entrance Test application 2018.
- Fill the application form with correct information.
- Pay the application fee.
- Upload students photo /scanned signature.
- Click on the submit option and take print of it for future use.
- After submitting the application through online, students are needed to send the printed application along with required documents to the below address.
Candidates are provided BITS MCA eligibility criteria which all candidates should know before applying. Here, Qualifications criteria, Age criteria, Minimum marks and appearing candidates’ etc detail are given. All Candidates must know eligibility criteria for BITS MCA if they fail to know that will affect them at the time of admission.
Read all detail of BITS MCA criteria see whether you fit in it and after that apply for admission. Candidates who have PASSED 12th examination with Mathematics, Information Practices, and Computer Science subjects or appearing candidates can also apply for admission.
Candidates can check their eligibility to apply for MCA from this section:
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates must pass 10+2 or equivalent from recognized board. Candidates should hold the Bachelor’s Degree in BCA, B.Sc with Mathematics/Computer Science/IT/Electronics/Statistics, B.E in Computer Science/IT.
- Minimum Marks: The minimum marks required for graduation are 55% for general and 50% marks for reserved category.
- Subjects: Candidates should pass the 12th examination with Mathematics and Science.
- Appearing Candidates: Appearing candidates can also apply.
Click here to view detailed Eligibility Criteria.
BITS MCA Exam Pattern 2018
Prepare well for exams as per given syllabus and exams pattern this will help candidates in studies. In exams, candidates will be given 2 hours to cop[lete paper no extra time will be given to any candidates as per board rules and regulation. Objective type question will be asked of the candidate and 4 marks will be given for each correct answer. For an incorrect answer, 1 marks will be deducted from candidates.
The exam will be conducted in online mode for candidates. From Mathematics, Computer Awareness, Analytical Ability & Logical Reasoning, and English subjects question will be asked in the examination. Read all subjects BITS MCA topics carefully.
Below is given detail related to BITS MCA exams:
- Mode of Exam: Exam will be conducted through online mode.
- Duration of Exam: The duration of exam will be 2 hours.
- Type of Question:The question paper will be of Multiple Choice Type.
- Marking Scheme:Candidates will be awarded with four marks for each correct response.
- Negative Marking: For each incorrect answer, one mark will be deducted from total score.
|Name of the Subject||No. of Questions|
|Analytical Ability & Logical Reasoning||20|
Click here to view detailed Exam Pattern & Syllabus.
BIT MCA Steps to Get the Result
Once the examination process has completed then the result will be displayed on the college website on or before June. To obtain the detailed result please follow the steps:-
- Open up the web browser and in URL field type the address of the https://www.bitmesra.ac.in/
- Go to the admission notification tab.
- After going in you will get the tab reading result for BIT MCA.
- Then put in your application number and password that is unique.
- Then will come up the screen indicating your result that is final.
- There is a tab which reads download the result card /score card.
- Click on the tab and you will get the score card downloaded.
BITS MCA Answer key
After the BITS MCA examination authority will release Answer key. Candidate can check out answer key on official portal through online. By entering “Roll Number” & “Question Booklet Number” in official portal candidate can see BITS MCA answer key.
Candidate will get rough idea about their marks and can compare with their final results. Candidate who wants to cross check their answer can check with the help of answer key and estimate their score marks in the entrance test. This will help candidates to prepare for further steps. And also help to select their favorite college according to marks score in entrance exams.
BITS MCA Admission 2018
According to marks score by candidate in entrance exam, deserving candidates will get admission. Merit list will be prepared by authority by that candidates will be allotted to college and courses. The merit list will be uploaded on the official portal and in the Notice Boards of the institute/concerned campus after third week of June. Candidates who are interested can apply and can attain counseling session.
Candidates are advised who are attaining counseling session should bring requirement documents with them. Submit original all requirement document for verification and registration if in case candidates have submit incorrect document and found in scrutiny candidate admission will be cancelled. Below is provided requirement document which candidates should bring at the time of counseling.
Documents required at the time of reporting for admission:
- DOB Certificates
- Mark sheet of class 10th and 12th
- Mark sheet of graduation
- Admit card and Score card of BITS MCA 2018
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- Photo Identification
STATE OF ELIGIBILITY
Below is given few sate which are eligible to apply for BITS MCA following are given:
|–||STATE OF ELIGIBILITY|
|Qualifying examination (graduation) from Jharkhand||Jharkhand|
|Qualifying examination (graduation) from Rajasthan||Rajasthan|
|Qualifying examination (graduation) from West Bengal||West Bengal|
|Qualifying examination (graduation) from Uttar Pradesh||Uttar Pradesh|
|Qualifying examination (graduation) from Delhi||Delhi|
|Qualifying examination (graduation) from Andhra Pradesh||Andhra Pradesh|
BIT MCA Cutoff Marks
BITS MCA Cut off marks will be declared after the exams are over on online. Every college have different fix cut-off marks which is changed by directories authority every years once it is changed by them no other person can change it again. BITS MCA Cut off marks every year change because it depends on candidate appearing BITS MCA marking scheme, number of seats and difficulty level of the entrance exams.
Candidates have to obtain minimum marks to precede for thee further round of admission procedure. Candidates who clear the basic cut-off and have their name short listed will be called for the interview. Admission will be depending upon the availability of the sets in the institute of their preference. Before the result announced, cut off marks will help candidate to estimate their marks and to select their favorite college on bases of marks score by candidates.
The waitlisted candidate can be called in case there are seats vacant. Candidates have to clear minimum cut off marks given, and then only candidate can apply for admission. Candidates are advised to go through previous years cut-off marks which will give them rough idea how much more marks they need to be eligible for admission. SO, according to that they can prepare for further.
A rough estimate of the cut off on the basis of previous MCA exams(2013) is as follows:
BIT MCA Syllabus
Candidate wants to score good marks have to cover every syllabus without skipping any single topics. Most of Candidates prepare for exams from unique, digest etc. Candidates are advised the score satisfaction marks prefer text book because most of question is asked from text book in examination. Appearing candidates of BITS MCA must know exam’s pattern, syllabus and exams dates’ etc detail properly.
In BITS MCA examination question will be asked to candidates from Analytical Ability& Logical Reasoning, English, Computer Awareness, and Mathematics subjects. Read all topics clearly at the time of exams attain question which you know very well after that attain confusing question this will help candidates to complete paper on time. Below is given BITS MCA syllabus of subjects Analytical Ability& Logical Reasoning, English, Computer Awareness, and Mathematics.
BIT Mesra MCA Entrance Test 2018 Syllabus:-
Section A: Mathematics (60 questions – objective type)
•Algebra: Fundamental operations in Algebra, expansion, factorization, quadratic equations, indices, logarithms, arithmetic, geometric and harmonic progressions, binomial theorem, permutations and combinations, surds
• Set Theory: Sets and subsets, operations on sets, sequences, properties of integers, relations and functions
• Matrix Algebra: Elementary transformations, inverse of a matrix, rank, solution of simultaneous linear equations, eigenvalues and eigenvectors, quadratic forms
•Co-ordinate Geometry: Rectangular Cartesian co-ordinates, equations of aline, mid point, intersections etc., equations of a circle, distance formulae, pair of straight lines, parabola, ellipse and hyperbola, simple geometric transformations such as translation, rotation, scaling.
• Calculus: Limit of functions, continuous functions, differentiation of function(s), tangents and normals, simple examples of maxima and minima, integration of function by parts, by substitution and by partial fraction, definite integral application to volumes and surfaces of frustums of a sphere, cone, cylinder, Taylor Series.
• Differential Equations: Differential equations of first order and their solutions, linear differential equations with constant coefficients, homogenous linear differential equations.
• Vectors: Position vector, addition and subtraction of vectors, scalar and vector products and their applications to simple geometrical problems and mechanics.
• Trigonometry: Simple identities, trigonometric equations, properties of triangles, solution of triangles, height and distance, inverse function
• Probability and Statistics: Basic concepts of probability theory, averages, dep endent and independent events, frequency distributions, and measures of dispersions, skewness and kurtosis, random variable and distribution functions, mathematical expectations, binomial, Poisson, normal distributions, curve fitting, and principle of least squares, correlation and regression
• Linear Programming: Formulation of simple linear programming problems, basic concepts of graphical and simplex methods, revised simplex method, transportation and assignment problems, duality and integer programming.
Section B: Analytical Ability and Logical Reasoning : (20 questions – objective type)
Questions in this section will test logical reasoning, quantitative reasoning, and visio-spatial reasoning
Section C: Computer Awareness: (20 questions – objective type)
Computer Basics: Organization of a computer, Central Processing Unit (CPU), Structure of instructions in CPU, input / output devices, computer memory, memory organization, back-up devices
• Data Representation: Representation of characters, integers, and fractions, binary and hexadecimal representations, Binary Arithmetic: Addition, subtraction, division, multiplication, 1’s and 2’s complement arithmetic, floating point representation of numbers, normalized floating point representation, Boolean algebra, truth tables, Venn diagrams
• Computer Architecture: Block structure of computers, communication between processor and I / O devices, interrupts
• Computer Language: Assembly language and high-level language, Multipro gramming and time-sharing operating systems, Computer Progra mming in C.
• Flow chart and Algorithms
• Operating Systems: Evolution of operating systems, types of operating systems, functions of an operating system, modern operating systems.
Section D: English: (20 questions – objective type)
• Use of articles and prepositions (fill in the blanks or correct use)
• Idioms and phrases
• Reading comprehension
• Expansion of an idea
• Sentence sequence (jumbled sentences)
• Completion of a sentence (with choices)
• Choice of appropriate word to fill in the blanks (with options)
• Abridging sentences / paragraphs.
- Before starting preparation, you should analyse the syllabus prescribed for the examination.
- Prepare a goodtime-table as per your daily schedule and include all the topics of syllabus in your preparations.
- Refer the best preparation books and otherstudy materials available in the market or in the internet.
- Practice from previous year question papers and sample papers to know more about the exam pattern.
- Mark all the important topics of the syllabus and prepare short notes and revise them at the end of preparations.
- Don’t take stress while preparing for exam and take healthy & nutritious diet.Manage your time for some exercise and yoga it will keep you fit and healthy